Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 822 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
16. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 17:41 Shok

I'll buy Diablo 3 when the pirates come out with their own offline server. Otherwise I'll spare myself the headache since my internet connection is crap. I have free internet living on a Navy base but it is also bogged down nightly by overloaded bandwidth so I have tons of packet loss depending on how heavy it's used.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Sep 22, 2011, 11:43 Shok

Blizzard already made a Diablo3 FPS. It's called World of Warcraft.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2011, 11:50 Shok

Why didn't I play longer? That's a good question. You see, the game requires an always-on Internet connection, and the servers seemed to set themselves on fire a few hours after I downloaded the beta, and this dumped me from the game. You not only need to be online to play, you need to connected to Blizzard at all times. So if your connection goes down, or if their servers crash, you can't play. Not even single player. At least this means I can sleep tonight! I know this is a beta and these things are bound to happen, but it's still an ill omen.

sigh...

From ARS hands-on

5. Re: It's true Sep 20, 2011, 11:18 Shok

The books are great but there are so many characters it can be hard keeping up with it all. They are still worth reading and great reads though. I still need to pick up the latest book but it's been about five years since I read the previous books so I'm debating re-reading a few first.  

News Comments > WoW 4.3 Interviews and Preview
1. Re: WoW 4.3 Interviews and Preview Sep 19, 2011, 11:04 Shok

Raid finder: designed for the casual players only. The purpose of this system is to let the casual players easily find a raid group and enjoy it with the dungeon-finder system. The difficulty will be easier than the normal raid, and the loots will be less powerful. The difficulty of using raid-finder will be easier like: bosses have less HP, complicated mechanics removed, damage to player lowered.

I always wondered how they would do a random raid finder. No matter how easy they make it though there will still be mass wipes and rage quitting lol.

News Comments > Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games
23. Re: Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games Sep 19, 2011, 10:46 Shok

My 77 year old Mother uses Netflix and is a movie watching fanatic. I'm not looking forward to helping her create another account so she can keep getting DVD's and streaming though. And wtf is up with not keeping your movie ratings on both sites?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 17, 2011, 00:02 Shok

Jesus it's been 20 years since Nevermind came out?? It's hard to believe that.  

News Comments > WoW Magazine Ends
10. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 00:00 Shok

I subscribed when it first came out but they never sent me the first issue so I ended up cancelling and getting my money back. I know when I did that it was entirely through email and no snail mail.  

News Comments > Catwoman DLC for Arkham City Outed
2. Re: Catwoman DLC for Arkham City Outed Sep 15, 2011, 23:17 Shok

I distrust any publisher that holds back content from a game just so they can make a buck selling it as DLC. It's one thing to make an expansion or something but the DLC nickel and diming just pisses me off.  

13. Re: The Funnies Sep 15, 2011, 15:48 Shok

ROFL, funniest thing I have read in a while:

Typo in romantic novel causes bowel movement during love scene

News Comments > LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans
5. Re: LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans Sep 15, 2011, 14:51 Shok

Yes I want another X-Wing/TIE Fighter too but maybe the first-person shooter will be an Outlaws sequel? Doubtful but I can dream...  

News Comments > Codemasters Closing Shooter Studio
3. Re: Codemasters Closing Shooter Studio Sep 14, 2011, 10:56 Shok

They were good at hyping their games so maybe they can get into politics now.  

News Comments > Diablo III Skill Calculator
10. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 08:42 Shok

Than wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 01:28:
One thing to keep in mind is that it seems all armor can be worn by every character assuming they met the level requirement. By that I mean, my wizard can wear chain, as can my barbarian, as can my monk. However, the appearance of the armor always changed to suit the class. So for example, my wizard playthrough has a relatively highly leveled up blacksmith, so I craft everything with her, then put it in my stash, and every character can pull the gear out and equip it, and the stats of the armor didn't seem to change. Makes me wonder why the status of crafters in the game aren't persistent across characters.

Weapons were different, and there were obviously some weapons that could only be worn by certain classes. However, things were still very flexible. My wizard could wield a 2h sword, or a hatchet/shield combo, or a wand and an orb. There were only a few things like hand wraps for monks, and shivs for demon hunters that were very class specific.

Seriously? Any character can wear just about any armor? I guess I'm just old fashioned but I prefer class armor restrictions...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 13, 2011, 14:33 Shok

Had to buy my girl the Nevermore shirt since she's a big Poe fan.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 12, 2011, 00:04 Shok

And you don't defrag SSD drives...  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 8, 2011, 22:00 Shok

Tempted to buy Ultima5+6 since I never played them but I know I won't get around to playing them anytime soon.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Sep 8, 2011, 13:25 Shok

Well, we had this 17 years ago so it stands to reason that 17 years from now maybe a gamer generation will be the talking heads and tv news will have a clue. It's optimistic I know. Maybe 34 years?  

News Comments > Skyrim Collector's Edition Shockingly Large
3. Re: Skyrim Collector's Edition Shockingly Large Sep 7, 2011, 22:06 Shok

If I'm gonna pay $150 for a box that big it better have a companion cube in it!  

News Comments > Steam Trading Launch
2. Re: Steam Trading Launch Sep 6, 2011, 16:22 Shok

Maybe I will finally be able to get rid of my extra copy of HL2 and Portal now.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Sep 6, 2011, 15:39 Shok

Beamer wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 11:32:
Man, you can just go through the entire game holding a vending machine on that difficulty, huh?

No --> , there is a way to not be kill-on-sight in the police station if you talk to the guy (he was a former Sarif security employee) at the reception desk the right way.

Also, failing a hack will still make the console beep and aggro nearby guards even with boxes blocking the view.

822 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo