Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 819 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief 4 Storyboards?
10. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 08:43 Shok

Bring back rope arrows! I know they aren't realistic but they are so cool.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DC Universe Online Freed
3. Re: DC Universe Online Freed Nov 2, 2011, 11:07 Shok

No, I think he was referring to the standard 30-day game time that comes with MMO's when you buy them thus making it cheaper than paying $15 for a month to play at the premium tier.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2011, 16:36 Shok

I use google reader daily and now with everything the same font it is just fugly and hard to read. Plus stupid G+ bullshit in it now. Grrrr. Guess I'll be looking for another RSS web aggregator. Any suggestions? I can't remember the one I used before reader. And I want to stay away from a binary and stick with a web app.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Re:HP Touch Pad Nov 1, 2011, 14:23 Shok

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 12:18:
Yea i bought the 79 dollar one, then realized I should have just gotten the fire - oh well. It is my first ereader device, and I really like it.....

I already have an e-ink kindle that I use every day to read on. The fire I ordered because of price and I'd like to get into Android programming (seeing as the fire will be rooted within a week of release I assume), and also just because I hate anything apple and refuse to buy an ipad, ever.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Re:HP Touch Pad Nov 1, 2011, 11:32 Shok

I ordered a kindle fire the day it was announced. Hoping it's a good browser and pdf reader, otherwise I'll be disappointed.  

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II Launch Issues
20. Re: Sword of the Stars II Launch Issues Oct 31, 2011, 16:39 Shok

It might help if they released a demo once it is patched and in working order. I might consider buying it at that point.  

News Comments > Domains Reveal Rainbow Six: Patriots
6. Re: Domains Reveal Rainbow Six: Patriots Oct 29, 2011, 17:42 Shok

Rainbow 6: CIC*

*Constant Internet Connection

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Next Year?
5. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 26, 2011, 22:54 Shok

I love that engine. If they can just work on the AI a little more so it is a little more, ohh nevermind who am I kidding, I'll buy the damn thing no matter what the AI is like...  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Oct 26, 2011, 13:07 Shok

I would have liked to have tried the original Distant Worlds but there was no demo. Maybe this time there will be one but who knows seeing as a lot of Matrix games don't have demos.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2011, 13:45 Shok

Denver/Miami was boring as hell until the last 5 minutes...  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced
7. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 19:14 Shok

uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.

/snark Lemme guess, the wandering isle will house the few dozen daily quests you wander around and do? /snark

I bought the cata expansion, not gonna make that mistake again...

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 20, 2011, 08:43 Shok

panbient wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 21:30:
PHJF wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 20:21:
Four fucking updates and they still haven't fixed the rampant hl2.exe crashing.

Glad to read I'm not the only one suffering with this. I've actually gotten MORE crashes with the newer patches. It felt like I was having to restart TF2 after every round last night.

I suppose rolling things back to how smoothly things worked last week would be too much to ask. What are the odds we get custom TF2 title screens encouraging people to fool around with the workshop and the Mann-conomy after the actual game crashes - Stiffen your lip Solider, just because your game crashed doesn't mean you can't spend money in the Mann-co Store! Get Shopping maggot!

Glad to hear it's not just me and/or the maps I was playing causing the crashes. I was beginning to wonder if the boofort map I've been playing nightly was the cause.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: XCOM Oct 11, 2011, 19:50 Shok

Christoph Hartmenn, President of 2K Games, stated that “strategy games are just not contemporary”.

Or maybe it's just easier to not think outside the box and make another FPS that the mindless masses will buy?

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2011, 22:41 Shok

I'll never buy an apple product if I can help it but I do thank Mr. Jobs for legitimizing music downloads among many other tech innovations. (Although I still never bought music online until amazon sold songs in .mp3 format)  

News Comments > Upcoming WoW Changes
4. Re: Upcoming WoW Changes Oct 5, 2011, 14:48 Shok

Yeah, 71-80 isn't that bad and there are tons of gold to be made leveling anyway.  

News Comments > Valve to Release Dota 2 "As Fast As We Can"
8. Re: Valve to Release Dota 2 Sep 23, 2011, 10:37 Shok

I'm guessing this one will have a shoe store seeing as TF2 turned in to the hat store.  

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2011, 09:02 Shok

Damn you GOG. I'll have to pick up that D&D pack even though I probably won't play the games this year. Alpha Protocol...hmmm I'll keep my $2 and have one less GFWL game to worry about. Thanks but no thanks.  

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
16. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 17:41 Shok

I'll buy Diablo 3 when the pirates come out with their own offline server. Otherwise I'll spare myself the headache since my internet connection is crap. I have free internet living on a Navy base but it is also bogged down nightly by overloaded bandwidth so I have tons of packet loss depending on how heavy it's used.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Sep 22, 2011, 11:43 Shok

Blizzard already made a Diablo3 FPS. It's called World of Warcraft.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2011, 11:50 Shok

Why didn't I play longer? That's a good question. You see, the game requires an always-on Internet connection, and the servers seemed to set themselves on fire a few hours after I downloaded the beta, and this dumped me from the game. You not only need to be online to play, you need to connected to Blizzard at all times. So if your connection goes down, or if their servers crash, you can't play. Not even single player. At least this means I can sleep tonight! I know this is a beta and these things are bound to happen, but it's still an ill omen.

sigh...

From ARS hands-on

819 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo