Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 773 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: The Funnies Sep 15, 2011, 15:48 Shok

ROFL, funniest thing I have read in a while:

Typo in romantic novel causes bowel movement during love scene

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans
5. Re: LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans Sep 15, 2011, 14:51 Shok

Yes I want another X-Wing/TIE Fighter too but maybe the first-person shooter will be an Outlaws sequel? Doubtful but I can dream...  

News Comments > Codemasters Closing Shooter Studio
3. Re: Codemasters Closing Shooter Studio Sep 14, 2011, 10:56 Shok

They were good at hyping their games so maybe they can get into politics now.  

News Comments > Diablo III Skill Calculator
10. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 08:42 Shok

Than wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 01:28:
One thing to keep in mind is that it seems all armor can be worn by every character assuming they met the level requirement. By that I mean, my wizard can wear chain, as can my barbarian, as can my monk. However, the appearance of the armor always changed to suit the class. So for example, my wizard playthrough has a relatively highly leveled up blacksmith, so I craft everything with her, then put it in my stash, and every character can pull the gear out and equip it, and the stats of the armor didn't seem to change. Makes me wonder why the status of crafters in the game aren't persistent across characters.

Weapons were different, and there were obviously some weapons that could only be worn by certain classes. However, things were still very flexible. My wizard could wield a 2h sword, or a hatchet/shield combo, or a wand and an orb. There were only a few things like hand wraps for monks, and shivs for demon hunters that were very class specific.

Seriously? Any character can wear just about any armor? I guess I'm just old fashioned but I prefer class armor restrictions...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 13, 2011, 14:33 Shok

Had to buy my girl the Nevermore shirt since she's a big Poe fan.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 12, 2011, 00:04 Shok

And you don't defrag SSD drives...  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 8, 2011, 22:00 Shok

Tempted to buy Ultima5+6 since I never played them but I know I won't get around to playing them anytime soon.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Sep 8, 2011, 13:25 Shok

Well, we had this 17 years ago so it stands to reason that 17 years from now maybe a gamer generation will be the talking heads and tv news will have a clue. It's optimistic I know. Maybe 34 years?  

News Comments > Skyrim Collector's Edition Shockingly Large
3. Re: Skyrim Collector's Edition Shockingly Large Sep 7, 2011, 22:06 Shok

If I'm gonna pay $150 for a box that big it better have a companion cube in it!  

News Comments > Steam Trading Launch
2. Re: Steam Trading Launch Sep 6, 2011, 16:22 Shok

Maybe I will finally be able to get rid of my extra copy of HL2 and Portal now.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Sep 6, 2011, 15:39 Shok

Beamer wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 11:32:
Man, you can just go through the entire game holding a vending machine on that difficulty, huh?

No --> , there is a way to not be kill-on-sight in the police station if you talk to the guy (he was a former Sarif security employee) at the reception desk the right way.

Also, failing a hack will still make the console beep and aggro nearby guards even with boxes blocking the view.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2011, 22:36 Shok

There was a badass google doodle on the google.co.uk page today for Freddie Mercury's b-day. I tried to find it in google's logo database but it's not there yet. There a video of it on this page and more info though:

Google UK Celebrates Freddie Mercury's Birthday With A Doodle

News Comments > New via Digital Distribution
3. Re: New via Digital Distribution Sep 1, 2011, 23:40 Shok

Uggh, I was just commenting yesterday on here about the chore it is playing this game given how much UI's have advanced. Too much clicking but I'm still tempted to have it in my GoG bookcase  

News Comments > DICE on Releasing BF3 Mod Tools: "We Are Considering It"
6. Re: DICE on Releasing BF3 Mod Tools: Sep 1, 2011, 16:38 Shok

Games are quite complex these days and I can imagine the destructible assets in BF3 aren't easy to implement, let alone document. This isn't 1996 where some guy can hack together a level editor for the latest FPS. (I'm thinking of the old Outlaws Lawmaker editor.)  

News Comments > Free Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar on GOG.com
7. Re: Free Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar on GOG.com Sep 1, 2011, 10:51 Shok

born2expire wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 10:27:
Such a awesome game, I remember playing this on my c64 20 something years ago, started my love affair of CRPGs.

Same here. I also loved Bard's Tale 1&2 on my C64.

I've still got the original Ultima IV C64 box with cloth map and the little ankh knick knack they included.

News Comments > Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
16. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 15:37 Shok

Tumbler wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 13:47:
I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it runs.

Yeah Tumbler, I was going to upgrade my video card so I could have all the tesselation, etc. but it ran so smooth I decided to put that off a few more months or so.

It's sad that we are so used to unoptimized console ports that when a developer releases something actually optimized for PC it's a surprise

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: How to Fly a Boat to the Moon in Just Cause 2 Aug 31, 2011, 10:14 Shok

I've been meaning to fire up Just Cause 2 in casual difficulty to mess around. I love that game engine. I bought all the DLC back in December in a STEAM sale and haven't even played it.  

News Comments > Ultima 1-3 on GOG.com
4. Re: Ultima 1-3 on GOG.com Aug 30, 2011, 22:31 Shok

I've resigned to not play retro games anymore until I get amnesia that makes me forget how much user interfaces have evolved in the last 20 years. Believe me, I would love to play the original populous but after five minutes my carpal tunnels are like wtf is this???  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Signs Aug 30, 2011, 22:28 Shok

Saw that link a few weeks ago. The Adam West floor is still the best lol. Lots of other clever ones though.

Re: Tron legacy: I was never a big fan of Tron but Tron legacy was a good sci-fi popcorn movie. And there's really not enough decent sci-fi movies anyway...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Elevator Action Deluxe Aug 27, 2011, 10:02 Shok

Elevator Action is a classic arcade game but the screenshots of this 3d remake for the PS3 looks like something from a 1997 3dfx voodoo game...  

773 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo