Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 833 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
29. Tropico 4 for $5 Dec 24, 2011, 07:03 Shok

Tropico 4 at $5 on Amazon is tempting...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Sonos Dec 24, 2011, 00:28 Shok

Yes, I do. There are games on Steam without DRM as well. AI War and expansions come to mind; you can launch it within or without Steam.

Are you implying that since I play Steam games I can't hate DRM or did you just want to make sure I knew that Steam was also a form of DRM?

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2011, 22:56 Shok

I laughed my ass off when I saw the zombie dlc screenshots. WTF indeed.  

News Comments > On Sale
10. Saints Row 3 for $19.99 / 13.29 / 17.49 Dec 23, 2011, 22:52 Shok

As I mentioned in previous comments see this thread for cheaper (50%+) deals than Steam's 33% on Saints Row 3.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Sonos Dec 23, 2011, 19:44 Shok

That Sonos story is a poster child for the reason DRM of all kind sucks.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 18:51 Shok

DG wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 18:40:
Nearly jumped all over the Saints Row 3 sale today but it's still barely cheaper than I can buy it online. Doesn't seem worth it considering how long it'd be until I get around to it, especially since I'm burning out on GTA-ish games, almost done on Red Dead Redemption.

Anyone confirm that a physical disk SR3 is still Steam? Same for Skyrim, since that's nearly half-price if bought at an e-tailer.

I found this thread in the steam forums and used the GMG code at checkout (FIFTY-SAINT-XMASS) and got it for $19.99. This was about 4PM EST today so good luck!

EDIT: Forgot to mention the url in the original post on steam forums doesn't work but just clicking from the GMG front page to SR3 page worked for me.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2011, 23:01 Shok

Prez wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 21:19:
Whoa! I just tallied up how much I spent this sale so far in Steam gifts. I could have bought myself Skyrim. Twice. Stunned

Oh well, I am pretty close to my goal of sending at least one gift to everyone on my friends list. If I haven't gotten you yet, it's because I'm eying your wishlist (checking it twice?) and waiting for the right sale day.

If I flat out forget someone, let me know - I'd hate to miss anyone.

That is really cool Prez but like I said last night when I added you I don't really need anything and my wishlist is basically there for Valve contest purposes. I'll buy those games when they are worth it to me. Until then I got more than enough to play anyway. Heck, the only game I actually finished in the last year is Portal 2.

News Comments > DCS Patches
4. Re: DCS Patches Dec 21, 2011, 00:20 Shok

On it, thanks guys  

News Comments > DCS Patches
1. Re: DCS Patches Dec 20, 2011, 23:10 Shok

Waiting for a good sale on A-10C *cough*Steam sale*cough*  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition on Dec 20, 2011, 22:49 Shok

I got Dungeons of Dredmor and DLC for < $2. Tropico 4 hmmmm. No time to play it but I may get it anyway...  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2011, 00:11 Shok

Bleh, stupid quicktime. VLC is installed. Why can't it just work using that or let me save the damn .mp4? Oh right, it's fucking apple.  

News Comments > Blizzard Introduces BattleTags
16. Re: FFUUUUU BLIZ Dec 16, 2011, 14:15 Shok

I have 1 RealID friend from when I played WoW. Some kid named Charlie. RealID was new and he wanted me to add him as a friend. So we both enabled RealID and I have been annoyed ever since that some guy I barely know in WoW knows my full name. Luckily, he is a decent dude and we still talk when I decide to play WoW every 3-4 months or so. It's no wonder that no one uses RealID to me. Yeah there are some RL friends who may use it but other than that I prefer online anonymity over RealID.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 15, 2011, 23:45 Shok

jimnms wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 23:33:
Prez wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 21:12:
Bought 2 Kindle Fires this week. I am not a tablet person, but I like the Kindle Fires design as a perfectly sized all-in-one media consumption device.

Is it worth getting for someone that doesn't have an Amazon Prime account. I looked at one in and I like the size, and since I have a Prime account it would be nice. I want to get a tablet for my mom, but I don't want to tie it to my account. I want to get her something that she can casually browse the internet with, do email, play sudoku and read the news paper. I'm going to get her local news paper subscription switched to digital, which comes in PDF format. She likes the sudoku type games, and goes through a book a week.

I'm thinking 7" is going to be too small for her to read a newspaper on, but I think a 10" tablet is probably going to be too big for her to comfortably use. I'm leaning toward a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9. The specs have the Fire 1 oz. lighter, but it feels heavier to me. I guess the larger, thinner Samsung tablet spreads the weight evenly making it feel lighter.

Web browsing isn't its strong point, and frankly, anything with a 7" screen is going to come up short browsing the web. The Fire is too heavy to read with in bed lying down also. Maybe I'm spoiled from reading with my kindle keyboard model for the past year but the Fire just gets my arms tired after 30 minutes or so. Sudoku I'm sure she would have no problem with as gaming performance is great. It also has a built in email app but it's pretty simple. Maybe that's all she needs though.

I'm having deja vu so sorry if I already answered this same question from you a few weeks ago. If not it seems like someone asked the exact same questions re: Fire gift for mom.

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 15, 2011, 23:34 Shok

Prez wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 21:12:
Bought 2 Kindle Fires this week. I am not a tablet person, but I like the Kindle Fires design as a perfectly sized all-in-one media consumption device.

Yeah I like my fire but can't wait for the promised update in the next week or so. It gets annoying tapping the screen and not getting a response until the 2nd or third tap. (This doesn't happen all the time but enough to annoy.) Supposedly that will be fixed in the update.

Also, today is the last day of the Android market .10 sales so grab Apparatus if you don't have it yet...it's a pretty cool physics based time waster game. You can just get it on the amazon appstore for .10 also since they have been matching the price on apps on sale they have in their appstore.

I thought I had a lot of STEAM games...now I am collecting freebie of the days and such on android as well!

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 14, 2011, 08:57 Shok

Amazon has Just Cause 2 on sale today for $2.49. Steam will probably have it on sale again in the end of year sales also but $2.49 is a steal for that game.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Wikipedia Dec 13, 2011, 19:41 Shok

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 16:40:
Agreed. They should all shut down for up to 24 hours to show all those who take it for granted the freedoms we enjoy on the internet now and that forces are actively laying groundwork to take that away.

24 hours is extreme. They would all just need to do it for an hour or two - enough to generate publicity. But think of all the people trying to find help with a support issue and whatnot? They would have to fallback to whatever search engine they could find to use...duckduckgo would probably get some exposure I guess.

I hate to be the pessimist but even if SOPA doesn't pass something else will eventually.

News Comments > Distant Worlds - Legends Patch
2. Re: Distant Worlds - Legends Patch Dec 12, 2011, 15:13 Shok

I'm interested in this game also. I have been since it was first released but the lack of a demo and the steep price ($67 total for game plus both expansions) has kept me from pulling the trigger. I certainly have plenty of games to play so I'll wait on this until the whole package is at a reasonable prices of $30 or less. STEAM sales have spoiled me I guess.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Skyrim Viking video Dec 12, 2011, 10:30 Shok

Congratulations you are now a badass. You will get all the titties and nipples in the world.

I didn't think I could watch that whole 8 minute video but that guy is hilarious!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer; Launch Events
11. Absolute worst tech gifts Dec 10, 2011, 08:10 Shok

Drezden wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 07:35:
The fact that you people thing 60 dollars is to high a price baffles me. You'll pay 60 dollars for other games with no lasting appeal. But SWTOR at 60 bucks is "Too high" for you?

What? You don't think 8 KOTOR Quality storylines (If you play one of each character on each side) for the price of one game is enough for you? Coupled with the fact that it has PVP and Social interaction? Holy crap. I bet you are the same people that will shell out 60 bucks for fucking COD every year for a 5 hour storyline without batting a eye too.

Even if you don't plan on playing the game beyond finishing those 8 storylines. It's already exceeded the amount of play time that would be worth 60 bucks compared to most other games coming out.

Yeah but it's $60 in Kotick's and EA's pockets. I liked the beta ok but I can wait until it's free or on sale really low. FU EA.

1. Re: Android market 10bn .10 sales Dec 9, 2011, 22:55 Shok

I picked up Tetris yesterday for .10 and Readitlater the day before but nothing else has really appealed to me. Just found out what I'll be looking into installing tomorrow on my Fire though:

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.sourceforge.gemrb&hl=en

Mobile Baldur's Gate...weekends need to be longer damnit!

833 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo