Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 822 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik Patches
1. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Patches Jan 13, 2012, 23:41 Shok

On SimHQ I found a link to a 3mb guide pdf explaining the changes in this patch if anyone is curious.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2012, 23:55.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 12, 2012, 15:15 Shok

Yahoo loves it's linkbait articles. There's probably some algorithm that is causing it to be posted again and again. The more people click it when it's reposted the more it gets reposted. Rinse, repeat, repost.  

News Comments > Steam Group Seeks Communication
20. Re: Steam Group Seeks Communication Jan 12, 2012, 09:14 Shok

I still haven't finished HL2 or even touched the two add-on expansions. I did finish portal in the orange box though. /duck

Seriously though, I'd rather have no info than constant hype like was done for nearly two years straight with SW:TOR. Just surprise me 3-4 months before the game is released don't tease me with shit for years.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 10, 2012, 21:53 Shok

Next we'll be hearing they are relocating to Marshall, Texas...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Armchair Empire Jan 9, 2012, 14:44 Shok

Batman: Arkham City on The Armchair Empire.

Geocities called from 1997 and they want their color scheme and annoying flashing ads back

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2012, 22:51 Shok

Wow I never knew that bit of trivia. I'm not planning to buy Diablo 3 but that does give +1 cool points to Blizzard (of the 1997 era atleast.)  

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
27. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 8, 2012, 16:42 Shok

Diablo 3 just legitimizes the Ubisoft form of DRM. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard found a way to charge a monthly fee at some point too. Won't it be fun when you can't play your single player game because of "server maintenance" or some other bs?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Splashtop Jan 6, 2012, 19:55 Shok

The Amazon free android app of the day is splashtop. And in just one hour of using it I am hooked. It's the best free remote desktop software I've used. The PC to PC client is also free and connects over the internet with your google credentials. It's the smoothest remote desktop app ever and lets you do everything on the remote PC at 30fps...even gaming if the game supports windowed mode.

Here's me running Just Cause 2 at 20fps so it would obviously be better playing strategy games and watching movies. I was running on a local network also so I can't comment on performance over the internet. And all the sound from the game was streamed as well.

It just blows other free vnc apps out of the water performance-wise.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2012, 19:17 Shok

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 18:55:
Why would you ever want to, when:

- It's available on GOG, running on all modern PCs.
- It was actually FREE on GOG for awhile. (Not sure if it still is.)

Creston

Nostalgia of playing it on the old C64 is about the only reason, otherwise I'd play it an emulator to easily save game state in case of crashes. Who am I kidding though? I have a full time job and 100's of modern anti-aliased games I haven't finished yet I'd rather waste time on. Sometimes I wish I was poor and only had a 386 with a soundblaster...then I'd be retro-gaming for sure

News Comments > True X-COM Sequel: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Revealed
6. Re: True X-COM Sequel: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Revealed Jan 5, 2012, 11:54 Shok

Best gaming news I've heard so far this year.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2012, 11:51 Shok

I've still got my old C64 and 1541 drive in a storage locker. Along with a bunch of old games I bought like the original Ultima4 box, disks, cloth map, and ankh. Loading times and swapping disks basically guarantees I won't be playing U4 on C64 again though - even if the media is good after all these years. I haven't tried running the C64 in like 10+ years I think. It's funny how big and heavy that 1541 floppy drive is compared to today's (almost dead) floppy drives.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 5, 2012, 11:35 Shok

I get most of my computer hardware from newegg. Although Best Buy is one of the few places that still has boxed PC games in at least half of one aisle. Not that I ever buy them there unless it's something new and on sale for a decent price.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses
8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 4, 2012, 23:25 Shok

Screw pre-ordering. I'll get it from GMG for $20 a few months after release - if its worth playing.  

News Comments > MS Flight for Free in Spring
24. Re: MS Flight for Free in Spring Jan 4, 2012, 18:27 Shok

WyldKat wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 15:25:
MS Flightsim never really held my interest because well... you pretty much just fly around. I guess I'm more into combat flight sims. However that said, had they added a business tycoon model where you could own your own tourism business, cargo business, or w/e in a dynamic world I think it would have held my interest more.

This reminded me of Solo Flight for the Commodore 64 back in 1983! Not that it was dynamic or anything but Sid Meier's little gem of a flight sim where you made mail runs to easy places to land (Kansas) as well as hard places (Colorado). I seem to remember bonuses for delivering mail faster, etc. It was simple by today's standards but I loved the gameplay.

News Comments > MS Flight for Free in Spring
10. Re: MS Flight for Free in Spring Jan 4, 2012, 12:04 Shok

I bought A-10c over the break and it's insane how much is modeled in that sim. I have no chance of learning how to operate it with my ancient MS sidewinder joystick. I would love to buy the $400 thrustmaster warthog joystick/throttle but then I would need rudder pedals, another monitor, a new chair, etc. etc. etc.

Now I think I should have just reinstalled bf1942 and flown around some with my sidewinder in there

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 3, 2012, 18:59 Shok

Meh on social media. The latest thing I keep getting from family is linkedin requests. I'm on the fence since it seems like a more business networking oriented social media site but it's a slippery slope if I join one then others may follow...  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
6. Re: Cooler Master Cosmos II Case Jan 3, 2012, 18:55 Shok

Cosmos: Billions and billions of reviews.

I feel old getting this Carl Sagan reference.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Nvidia - Display Driver stopped responding and recovered Jan 3, 2012, 18:45 Shok

Not related to Blue's post here but since it is a tech bit I was wondering if anyone tried this fix for the Nvidia display driver not responding issue?

I just changed mine so I'm hoping I don't ever see another black screen/recover in firefox...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
42. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 2, 2012, 19:11 Shok

PHJF wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 18:46:
$1 for DNF?

Fine, Broussard; you win. For $1 I will buy Duke Nukem Forever. May god have mercy on my soul.

I just couldn't do it but it was tempting. I do feel bad for all the folks who bought it at higher prices - enough to land it on the Amazon bestsellers list of 2011.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 2, 2012, 18:19 Shok

Jerykk wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 17:51:
The $5 coupons are only valid on 2011 bestsellers. Neither of those games are on the list. Also, the coupons don't stack and you can only use one per purchase.

But Amazon still has DX:HR for $16.99 as of this post and you can use the $5 coupon to make it $11.99, which is a fantastic deal.

Yeah, realized that about the coupons. I already have DX:HR so I got GTA:IV for free ($5 off worked on $4.99 item

I might use the other one for Witcher2 for $15 after coupon but that seems a little high for a game I won't get around to playing for 9+ months anyway...

822 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo