Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 822 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 6, 2012, 21:24 Shok

Blue, I think you put this under the wrong heading...unless XCOM is planning to come with a virus at release

The screenshots look nice. Can't wait to play a good tactical game again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 6, 2012, 17:30 Shok

I still don't have a facebook or twitter. The only conceivable reason I can think of having one is if I wanted to promote software or some other business. I still wouldn't use my real name though.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 5, 2012, 16:21 Shok

Wow, EA/Popcap is gonna be all over that game. It's close enough to be misunderstood by a moron in a hurry. Especially since it is also a video game. IANAL though....  

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
4. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 5, 2012, 16:17 Shok

Well since Rage and it's megatextures were a 22gb download this texture pack has to be around a 30gb download right???  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 2, 2012, 16:30 Shok

nin wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 13:59:
I'm not too much for tower defense games, I like the idea of being able to turn things, based on where the enemy is...

I agree, tower defense games never seem to keep my attention for very long. I have defense grid, sanctum, and some indie TD games though so I obviously haven't learned to stop buying them yet.

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
13. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 2, 2012, 11:47 Shok

A case study in how not to do DRM; the pirates will be able to play their games fine yet paying, lawful customers will not be able to play.

Even if Ubisoft announced tomorrow they were doing away with their online DRM, I still wouldn't buy another game from them. Their brand is forever blacklisted as far as I'm concerned.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 1, 2012, 11:36 Shok

I wonder if 10.0 fixes the VPU recovery errors with Nvidia drivers. Guess I'll find out.  

News Comments > Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com
5. Re: Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com Jan 31, 2012, 11:39 Shok

Gotta love those rope arrows...and being called a taffer.

Although I have this on CD I might still buy it just to have an easily installed Win7 package that's DRM free.

News Comments > EverQuest Going Free-to-Play
17. Re: EverQuest Going Free-to-Play Jan 31, 2012, 08:26 Shok

Damn, hope I can log in my monk under the F2P system.

I think EQ peaked with the Velious expansion. I might be a little partial though since my guild was the first to clear Sleeper's tomb on our server. Ahh, I miss the drama.

I can see me liking the visit back to EQ up until the point that I leave a zone and see that "Loading, please wait..." screen. WoW's seamless world has spoiled me.

News Comments > Steam Mobile Beta
48. Re: Steam Mobile Beta Jan 27, 2012, 21:59 Shok

Prez wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 12:58:
Actually, I just installed it on my Fire from the Android market but I can't log in since I'm not in the beta

Am I correct in assuming your Fire is rooted then? Because that's the only way I've found that it can be installed through the Android Market. Not too sure I want to do that...

Yeah Prez I rooted it back in early December when I got it and installed the android market. Amazon then pushed an update that broke my root access but I never bothered re-rooting since I could still access the market and install apps from there.

News Comments > Steam Mobile Beta
42. Re: Steam Mobile Beta Jan 27, 2012, 10:43 Shok

Reikon wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 19:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 16:34:
Pretty hilarious steam doesn't have a QR code image on that site that directly links to the app item on Itunes or Android Market

This is what QR codes are supposed to be for, save you time in situations where it makes sense.

For Android: Go here on a computer. Log into the same Google account as your phone. Click install. Watch app automatically install on your phone.

Prez wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 18:56:
I'm told my Kindle Fire is an Android device, but I can't find where to install it from. I am wondering if the Fire isn't on the list of compatible devices...

Kindle Fire is such a major fork of Android that you basically should never assume that something for Android is on Kindle Fire.

Actually, I just installed it on my Fire from the Android market but I can't log in since I'm not in the beta.

And I've found most android apps work fine on the Fire. Unless they use GPS, camera, or other features not on the Fire of course.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April
25. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 10:24 Shok

I almost bought the boxed Witcher 2 at Target yesterday for $30. That's about the lowest I've seen it at brick and mortar stores. I didn't pull the trigger though; got too many other games unplayed and not in a hurry to play this one. Now I can wait until this enhanced edition is out and on a steam sale or something.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Oscar Nominations Jan 25, 2012, 15:41 Shok

Fion wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 11:10:
Well I'll be damned they 'finally' nominated Gary Oldman. The guy should have had an oscar a decade ago. He won't win mind, that shit called The Artist will sweep the place, but at least he got the nod finally.

Yeah he was great in the professional as the drug addicted corrupt cop and in True Romance as the pimp. Awesome acting in both.

I liked the Artist myself and think it deserves to win a lot of awards. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy I found pretty boring and Oldman's performance was mostly acting stoic the whole time but whatever...

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
4. re: gamestop Jan 25, 2012, 00:21 Shok

sounds like a perfect thing to email the consumerist.com about. You might even find a corporate email for gamestop there. Good luck, sucks to be screwed like that...  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2012, 20:01 Shok

I signed that petition. It's got 11000 signatures as of 8PM EST Sunday and will probably reach its 25000 goal in the next day or so at this rate. Go sign it!

Also, I had to use IE to sign in to the whitehouse.gov website and sign the petition. For some reason using Firefox didn't recognize me as signed in.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2012, 16:30 Shok

Yup, FreddieW is the shit. His channel is the only one I subscribe to on youtube.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM
9. Re: Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM Jan 20, 2012, 11:24 Shok

From the title I thought Ubisoft had come to their senses and removed the online requirement but I guess not. The pirates can play this without the hassle of being online so why are paying customers still being punished?

I haven't and I never will buy a Ubisoft game with online DRM requirements.

News Comments > Frozen Synapse "Musical" DLC Plans
3. Re: Frozen Synapse Jan 17, 2012, 13:42 Shok

I had a few weeks of nothing but Frozen Synapse on my brain last summer but I must have got burned out or something since I hardly play it anymore. I got through a lot of the huge campaign but never did finish it. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I got annoyed on a particular "dark" map and just quit playing.  

News Comments > etc.
1. ScummVM Jan 17, 2012, 11:10 Shok

Nice (albeit looong) article on ScummVM. The original developer is quite the coder:

Strigeus, who left in early 2002, went on to develop several more open-source projects, most notably OpenTTD—a remake and expansion of Chris Sawyer's classic sim game Transport Tycoon Deluxe. He also authored BitTorrent client µTorrent, which was purchased by BitTorrent, Inc. in 2006, and was chief architect of the Spotify beta.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
48. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 16:22 Shok

I was tempted to buy BF3 during the Amazon sale over the holidays but I never did. Origin was the main factor in my decision.  

822 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo