Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 812 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Chrome Feb 11, 2012, 19:51 Shok

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 19:22:
Is this a problem with all nvidia cards, or just some of them? I was just considering shopping for a new card, but I definitely don't want one that's going to mess up FF for me. Would go with AMD for sure if that's the case.

Yes, apparently so if you use the 280 release drivers. To be honest, it didn't crash daily...only 3-4 times a week or so. And by crash, I mean the video driver crashed not Firefox. Basically, you get a black screen out of the blue for a few seconds and the vid driver pops up a tooltip that it recovered from a crash.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Chrome Feb 11, 2012, 18:13 Shok

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 17:45:
Shok wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 13:50:
I finally just made Chrome my default browser the other day. Firefox causes my video card to crash regularly with the nvidia VPU recovery nonsense.
You realize that's been an on going 'nvidia driver' problem since the 280 releases right? Pretty much for the last 6mo, and there's pushing 80k complaints on the topic on nvidia's forums. This is known as the TDR bug.

Yes I know it has been an ongoing thing and I'm tired of dealing with it. Whoever is to blame I don't care as long as the crashes are gone.

News Comments > WoW Iron Man Challenge
5. Re: WoW Iron Man Challenge Feb 11, 2012, 17:14 Shok

I would love to try something like this but my connection is too flaky. I just know I would put in tons of hours and die because of a disconnection at the wrong time...

I do like the idea though, and it would be even cooler if Blizzard had an achievement for it.

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 11, 2012, 14:49 Shok

Thanks, installed it and enabled it to block all "bugs" even though they say it's only supported experimentally in Chrome.  

1. Re: Chrome Feb 11, 2012, 13:50 Shok

I finally just made Chrome my default browser the other day. Firefox causes my video card to crash regularly with the nvidia VPU recovery nonsense. After installing Chrome it's amazing how much faster browsing seems now.  

News Comments > Steam Breach Follow-up
14. Re: Steam Breach Follow-up Feb 10, 2012, 23:45 Shok

I'm pretty sure the breach is the reason my Steam account has been attempted to be hacked. I have seen emails from Steam with the steamguard authentication code so the kiddies (not gonna dignify them as hackers) are apparently trying to brute force accounts and see if they get lucky with 1) a weak password and 2) steam guard not enabled.  

News Comments > Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime
3. Re: Unscheduled Ubisoft Downtime Feb 8, 2012, 11:25 Shok

In other news, Ubisoft has announced they are changing their logo to that of a facepalm.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Feb 7, 2012, 21:11 Shok

avianflu wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 19:58:
FYI -- according to the amalur game forums, the boxed/disk version also requires Origin installation, which is not a surprise.

So its either Steam or Origin if you want to play this game.

Yeah, almost bought it on Amazon yesterday for $50.99 including some pre-order dlc but then I saw Origin required. Too bad, almost had my sale there.

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
42. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 17:47 Shok

Optional nickname wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 17:40:
I'm waiting for the Bethesda Elder Scrolls Super Millenium pack to appear on GOG.com for 9.99 in 2020. By then, with Fiber Optic Internet, the data will be in the pipe, waiting inline for the god damn hard drive to finish spinning it's platters (oh god I hope mechanical HDD manufacturers die a cluster knocking death by then)

Yeah, but you'll have to run it in an emulator on your smartphone so just buy it now.

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
33. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 16:36 Shok

With this $40 sale I have a feeling Skyrim will be back at the top of the Steam charts again this week  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 6, 2012, 21:24 Shok

Blue, I think you put this under the wrong heading...unless XCOM is planning to come with a virus at release

The screenshots look nice. Can't wait to play a good tactical game again.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 6, 2012, 17:30 Shok

I still don't have a facebook or twitter. The only conceivable reason I can think of having one is if I wanted to promote software or some other business. I still wouldn't use my real name though.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 5, 2012, 16:21 Shok

Wow, EA/Popcap is gonna be all over that game. It's close enough to be misunderstood by a moron in a hurry. Especially since it is also a video game. IANAL though....  

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
4. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 5, 2012, 16:17 Shok

Well since Rage and it's megatextures were a 22gb download this texture pack has to be around a 30gb download right???  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 2, 2012, 16:30 Shok

nin wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 13:59:
I'm not too much for tower defense games, I like the idea of being able to turn things, based on where the enemy is...

I agree, tower defense games never seem to keep my attention for very long. I have defense grid, sanctum, and some indie TD games though so I obviously haven't learned to stop buying them yet.

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
13. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 2, 2012, 11:47 Shok

A case study in how not to do DRM; the pirates will be able to play their games fine yet paying, lawful customers will not be able to play.

Even if Ubisoft announced tomorrow they were doing away with their online DRM, I still wouldn't buy another game from them. Their brand is forever blacklisted as far as I'm concerned.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 1, 2012, 11:36 Shok

I wonder if 10.0 fixes the VPU recovery errors with Nvidia drivers. Guess I'll find out.  

News Comments > Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com
5. Re: Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com Jan 31, 2012, 11:39 Shok

Gotta love those rope arrows...and being called a taffer.

Although I have this on CD I might still buy it just to have an easily installed Win7 package that's DRM free.

News Comments > EverQuest Going Free-to-Play
17. Re: EverQuest Going Free-to-Play Jan 31, 2012, 08:26 Shok

Damn, hope I can log in my monk under the F2P system.

I think EQ peaked with the Velious expansion. I might be a little partial though since my guild was the first to clear Sleeper's tomb on our server. Ahh, I miss the drama.

I can see me liking the visit back to EQ up until the point that I leave a zone and see that "Loading, please wait..." screen. WoW's seamless world has spoiled me.

News Comments > Steam Mobile Beta
48. Re: Steam Mobile Beta Jan 27, 2012, 21:59 Shok

Prez wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 12:58:
Actually, I just installed it on my Fire from the Android market but I can't log in since I'm not in the beta

Am I correct in assuming your Fire is rooted then? Because that's the only way I've found that it can be installed through the Android Market. Not too sure I want to do that...

Yeah Prez I rooted it back in early December when I got it and installed the android market. Amazon then pushed an update that broke my root access but I never bothered re-rooting since I could still access the market and install apps from there.

812 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo