Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 831 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Free Disciples 2 on GMG May 24, 2012, 12:49 Shok

GMG is giving away Disciples 2: GOLD for their birthday. Their site is crawling but I got in just now and was able to "purchase" it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
5. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 11:26 Shok

I was tempted to buy last weekend but just couldn't pull the trigger. Worked out anyway since all I've been playing is DayZ.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 GoTY Brings Free Content & Free Weekend
1. Re: Red Orchestra 2 GoTY Brings Free Content & Free Weekend May 23, 2012, 10:58 Shok

I've never played this so may have to download and try it this weekend, assuming I can get away from DayZ. I miss BF1942 type of gameplay, especially tank on tank.  

News Comments > New DayZ Mod
25. Re: New DayZ Mod May 22, 2012, 18:50 Shok

I tried the brightness and gamma tricks for night time play but in the end I just looked for US servers with "UTC +4" in their names. During the week I can only play at night so it got old quick.  

18. Re: New DayZ Mod May 22, 2012, 15:49 Shok

Actually, humanity is being removed:

As the title said, the Bandit/Survivor morphing will be removed. You will find skins around the world, that you can wear if you choose. Humanity will be retained for an undisclosed purpose.

Because humanity is the feature DayZ deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll remove bandit transitions, because its not helping. Because its not a good feature. Humanity remains as a silent guardian, watchful protector. An ... unfinished feature.

Please abuse/fanboy below so I can feast on your delicious tears...

1. Re: New DayZ Mod May 22, 2012, 11:51 Shok

I forgot to mention he changed a lot of things. Enabling the body temperature status, getting infected, etc:

HOTFIX : 21 MAY 2012
Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.5.8.2

Changelog:
* [FIXED] Loosing temperature way too fast
* [FIXED] Not enough wood available for spawn
* [FIXED] Matches way too rare
* [FIXED] Reduced impact of infection (coughing amount and blood loss, will only loose 2000 blood)

HOTFIX : 21 MAY 2012
Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.5.8.1

UPDATE : 21 MAY 2012
Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.5.8
* dayz_equip 1.2.4
* dayz_sfx 1.1.1
* dayz 1.2.5
* dayz_weapons 1.1.1

Developer's Note:

* TO INTERACT WITH MOST ITEMS: YOU NOW NEED TO OPEN GEAR MENU (G) THEN RIGHT CLICK ON THE ITEM! SUCH AS BANDAGING AND EATING AND SHIT

* This is a pretty major update. I don't really know what affect the new sickness and temperature system will have on player behavior especially with antibiotics being so scarce.
* It is the genesis of an idea, so please remember this might cause havoc. You need to be careful.
* To light a fire, you need matches and wood in your inventory. Place more wood in the inventory of a fireplace to keep the fire going.
* A fire that does not have wood in it will go out when you try to light it.
* You can tell you have an infection, because your character will start coughing. The infection causes you to loose blood down to a minimum of 6000. This leaves you with reduced blood until you take antibiotics.

Changelog:
* [NEW] Server cleanup system replaced with a more agressive one
* [NEW] Inventory Interaction system (right-click on items in gear screen to bring up interactions)
* [NEW] Temperature System now implemented (effects are limited)
* [NEW] Chance of catching an infection the lower your temperature
* [NEW] Chance of catching an infection from already infected players
* [NEW] Water can be filled in ponds, all water pumps, wells, but not the sea
* [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4
* [NEW] Zombie's will investigate player deaths
* [NEW] Adrenaline rush from panicing causes greately increased hunger for a while
* [NEW] Bandaging Sound when bandaging yourself/someone
* [NEW] Coughing sound when you have an infection
* [NEW] Camera Shake when temperature drops extremely low
* [NEW] PROTIP: Use Global Chat/VOIP in populated areas
* [NEW] Fire requires wood to keep burning
* [NEW] Various Loot spawn balancing changes
* [FIXED] Should not be pellets for the Winny
* [FIXED] Whinny is way to powerful and quiet (mmmm your tears will be delicious)
* [FIXED] Helicopter loot despawning too fast
* [FIXED?] Too many zombies for the Carebears to be able to play
* [FIXED] Fog is way too thick
* [FIXED] Climbing a ladder with a pistol will cause you to fall
* [FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights
* [FIXED] Panic noises going apeshit all the time
* [FIXED] Zombie spotted alert far too quiet (increased slightly)

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: CoH2 May 22, 2012, 11:48 Shok

Yeah, each side starts out with a HQ already but you still have to build barracks, supply depot, tank depot, etc. and then upgrade your HQ or buildings when you have enough fuel points or whatever.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. CoH2 May 22, 2012, 11:27 Shok

So I guess the same mechanics will be in CoH2 as in the original? Base building and such? I kinda like the allotment point system in Wargame:EE and don't miss base building/upgrading tedium. I guess it's pretty integral to CoH though...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 May 21, 2012, 14:31 Shok

DayZ is pretty wild. I watched a guy get jacked by bandits, another guy run up to help and only get shot at and bait the zombies. After he ran away along with bandits I hid in a nearby house by the first guy's body. When the bandits returned I opened up on them from a window. They never saw it coming.

Unless I play with RL friends, I'm not teaming up with anyone in DayZ. I won't be a bandit but I will kill them on sight given a good opportunity. Otherwise I'll be in ninja mode.

News Comments > Just Cause For Just Cause 4 Domain?
3. Re: Just Cause For Just Cause 4 Domain? May 21, 2012, 14:07 Shok

LittleMe wrote on May 21, 2012, 12:45:
Please give us sandbox coop PvE, dedicated servers w/64+ players and an offline single player mode.

There I fixed it for you.

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
29. Runic Account May 18, 2012, 11:26 Shok

Anyone else find it strange that Runic lets you create an account without email verification? I can't think of any online accounts that let users do that. I guess they figure people won't put in bogus email addresses since they wouldn't be able to get a beta key  

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: Amazon 12 Days of Deals May 18, 2012, 08:41 Shok

PHJF wrote on May 18, 2012, 00:00:
Well I'm having a nightmare getting it to run. Most of the guides on setting up DayZ assume you are using Steam.

On top of that, I can't play Operation Arrowhead online at all because it fucking says "invalid cd key" every time I attempt to join a server. ArmA2, however, works fine. Problem being DayZ must be run from Operation Arrowhead. So now I'm redownloading the 6.21GB from Amazon and trying a fucking reinstallation of Arrowhead.

DayZ only works with Combined Operations not Arrowhead AFAIK. I have the STEAM version but have you followed the retail instruction on this page?

News Comments > DayZ Modification for Arma II
4. Re: DayZ Modification for Arma II May 16, 2012, 10:55 Shok

As I mentioned here a few days ago, I couldn't get Combined Operations to run at all until I started STEAM with admin rights. Also see the installation guide thread on their message boards.  

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
30. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 23:34 Shok

Lord Tea wrote on May 15, 2012, 23:23:
Shok wrote on May 15, 2012, 21:48:
I would have bought it but my internet connection regularly drops out certain times of day and would just piss me off to not be able to play a friggin' single player game. And, no, my internet will never be more reliable since I live on a military base and it's all I have, even though it is free.

Frankly, it's none of Blizzard's fucking business how good, bad, slow, fast, reliable, unreliable, existent or non-existent your internet connection is. But hey, that's just my personal opinion.

Ok, I'll bite. It is when all I want to play is single player and I'm forced online for inane DRM reasons when a single player component could have been developed in the 12 years between Diablo 2 and 3.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
12. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:48 Shok

I would have bought it but my internet connection regularly drops out certain times of day and would just piss me off to not be able to play a friggin' single player game. And, no, my internet will never be more reliable since I live on a military base and it's all I have, even though it is free.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 15, 2012, 09:58 Shok

I tried DayZ last night and was surprised how many issues I had just getting ArmA II to run it correctly. The installation guide in their forums helped but for some reason I couldn't get combined operations to start. I finally figured out that running Steam with admin. privileges was the issue all along. I don't think any other Steam games I own have had issues w/o admin.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Facts you might not know about game of thrones May 14, 2012, 11:32 Shok

George Martin has told how he has planned the rest of the series to producers in case he dies before finishing the series.

At least he is realistic...

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX Results
6. Re: SQUARE ENIX Results May 14, 2012, 10:35 Shok

Waiting for Just Cause 3. I'll buy it day 1...might even pre-order.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Test Results
5. Re: Portal 2 Test Results May 10, 2012, 22:22 Shok

I haven't tried it yet either...maybe this weekend but I'm addicted to wargame: EE even though I suck so bad. All the CoH2 news has me wanting to play CoH again too.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 8, 2012, 09:54 Shok

I like how the article says it is only providing the information for people who legitimately need to get their software and/or serials and then hint at hacking the Little Snitch app with,
No, you can't make Little Snitch's disable its own phone-home (anymore [easily]).

LOL

831 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo