Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 809 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2012, 20:41 Shok

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 18:26:
So I just received my first of what may be many 'tech support' phone calls where I am told that my Windows-based PC is infected with a virus.

Told her I only use Ubuntu even though I never used it a day in my life and she hung up.

LOL, wasn't there a story a few months back about some guy screwing with some dude on the phone doing that?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Civilization V: Gods & Kings Trailer
15. Re: Civilization V: Gods & Kings Trailer Jun 13, 2012, 18:29 Shok

I pre-ordered also; got it on GMG a few weeks back for $24 when they had a site-wide discount. I'm sure I'll play it plenty of hours to justify the purchase. One more turn...  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jun 12, 2012, 11:37 Shok

"There's a lot of elements that will appeal to someone who plays Halo or Gears of War or Call of Duty," Deangelis said.

/facepalm

*prays* Please don't suck please don't suck.

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
3. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 11, 2012, 19:43 Shok

I won't gloat but I'm glad I never bought D3. Maybe I'll try it when they open up the starter edition for everyone. Until then, "meh."  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Thinkpad Jun 11, 2012, 13:14 Shok

I almost bought an X230 but was too taken with the X1 Carbon so now I'm waiting until August. I just hope it's not crazy expensive.  

News Comments > DayZ Interview
25. Re: DayZ Interview Jun 10, 2012, 11:13 Shok

I've kind of lost interest in DayZ but not because of the pvp. I don't have long play sessions so I have never teamed up with anyone else. It doesn't help that I don't have any friends that play it either. I'm paranoid of losing all the stuff I have scavenged (map, matches, hatchet, compass, knife) to some idiot so that's the main reason I don't seek out help.

I guess I could try to go to the military towns and airfields and look for gear but I did that on my last life. The M16 AIM I found I finally fired at a zombie and every zombie for half a mile came running and killed me.

It's also hard for me to not cheat in DayZ; if I know a bunch of zombies are alerted and coming to attack me I usually disconnect and log in again...

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Jun 7, 2012, 22:07 Shok

...but said that if it becomes a problem they could briefly allow people to play offline while things get fixed.

That sounds pretty hackable to me so yet again pirates get rewarded and paying customers shafted.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC
20. Re: Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC Jun 7, 2012, 11:02 Shok

I'd like to tap on his head with a diamond chisel.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 6, 2012, 22:14 Shok

From the article, another classic:

...we're not trying to be Target. We're trying to be Nordstrom.

Keep on dreaming and stay an inch or two outta kicking distance.

News Comments > Linux Steam Client This Year?
2. Re: Linux Steam Client This Year? Jun 6, 2012, 10:12 Shok

I'm due for my annual Ubuntu install. I usually install it on one of my systems and get everything configured then scratch my head and wonder what I'm going to do in Linux. With a STEAM client I might actually use it!

Also, Blue, I saw this Steam Linux news item on hacker news a few days ago and was going to submit to you as news but figured you would have got in your next update anyway. Hacker news is my favorite stop on the internet right after my google reader feeds and Blues

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced
1. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 13:02 Shok

This makes me want to reinstall Chaos Theory because that's the last Splinter Cell PC version that didn't suck ass (despite Starforce).

Take your Kinect and online only DRM and GTFO.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week?
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 20:38 Shok

I'm still Origin free and glad I never bought BF3.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 29, 2012, 22:30 Shok

And Blue does evening update just as I posted this in the etc. thread. Here it is again - it's a killer deal.

Amazon has a Paradox package for $12.50:

Crusader Kings II
Magicka Collection
Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
Swords of the Star - Complete Collection
Victoria II

Last two in list don't activate on STEAM but the others do!

EDIT: Just noticed I also got $23 promotional credits from Amazon in my email for both Hearts of Iron 3 collection and Europa Universalis III Chronicles

This comment was edited on May 29, 2012, 22:45.

News Comments > etc.
18. Plentiful Paradox Package May 29, 2012, 22:26 Shok

Just saw this on slickdeals; Amazon has a Paradox package for $12.50:

Crusader Kings II
Magicka Collection
Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
Swords of the Star - Complete Collection
Victoria II

Last two in list don't activate on STEAM but the others do!

News Comments > New DayZ Mod for Arma II
31. Re: New DayZ Mod for Arma II May 28, 2012, 13:26 Shok

Fantaz wrote on May 28, 2012, 12:06:
Does the DayZ mod work if you got Arma 2 from GreenMagGaming?

As long as it's Combined Operations. Vanilla Arma2 won't work alone and neither will Operation Arrowhead alone. You need both.

26. Re: New DayZ Mod for Arma II May 28, 2012, 09:44 Shok

If you are going it alone in DayZ, the best advice I can give is find out where you are in the world, then use a map to navigate. It's a lot harder than it sounds but towns and villages have signs and if you continually follow a map you will find your way around eventually.

This map in particular is very detailed and vector based so you can zoom in and see every building outline which helps getting your bearings. It also shows ponds, lakes, and wells clearly when you need to refill those water bottles. It doesn't show deer huts though so look on another map for those. They are great loot spots for just about anything rare and the risk/reward isn't as bad as going into a city/military base.

7. Re: New DayZ Mod for Arma II May 27, 2012, 14:58 Shok

I just played for a couple hours so far this afternoon and only had to leave because the server was rebooting

If you need the patch and have slow download speeds save yourself time and download the 1.6.0.1 torrent.

I can usually connect with the ARMA2 beta client (using 93160) and launch that outside of STEAM with a shortcut. Some servers do seem to have issues though so I run the unpatched client via the STEAM game browser. Direct comm. voice chat doesn't crash the server using 93140+ clients though so I try using the beta clients when it lets me.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 26, 2012, 19:24 Shok

Yeah, it doesn't pass the moron in a hurry test since I clicked on it thinking it was Valve lol...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Free Disciples 2 on GMG May 24, 2012, 12:49 Shok

GMG is giving away Disciples 2: GOLD for their birthday. Their site is crawling but I got in just now and was able to "purchase" it.  

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
5. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 11:26 Shok

I was tempted to buy last weekend but just couldn't pull the trigger. Worked out anyway since all I've been playing is DayZ.  

809 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo