Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 834 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve on Linux Plans
4. Crossover Oct 29, 2012, 21:25 Shok

If anyone wants to try linux gaming I got an email from Codeweavers that they are giving away their Crossover product for free on Halloween.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow
5. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow Oct 22, 2012, 16:18 Shok

Trevellian wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 16:13:
So is THIS the patch that makes the game not suck and gets rid of the RMAH and patches in single player offline mode?

I fixed it for you.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2012, 14:41 Shok

I figured I would put this here since we are talking about kindles. I just found an easy way to remove the amazon drm from my kindle books with a calibre a plugin. The steps to set up are here.

After reading this post about a user losing all their kindle books because amazon closed their account I decided to back up my books. (That link is getting hammered because it is the top link on hackernews at the moment.)

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2012, 11:42 Shok

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 10:22:
Is Amazon Really Discontinuing the Kindle Touch?

That's the first time I've heard anything negetive about the paperwhite, but I agree, the splotchy lighting looks odd.

Scott Hanselman reviewed it on his blog and opened my eyes to all its shortcomings at least from the perspective of a gadget geek

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Patch Plans
46. Re: Torchlight 2 Patch Plans Oct 19, 2012, 09:04 Shok

Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 22:51:
I wish I had been paying more attention to the official forums, people have been churning out small mods already. Found a bunch of interesting balance tweaks, I'll be around on the weekend if anyone wants to run Mapworks or start a new character.

Yeah, I was planning to install the mod that eliminates the fade out of mobs on edges of the screen but wasn't sure it was compatible with the patch that just came out.

I'm up to about 80 hours on TL2 now and will hopefully finish it on the berserker I've been playing. I've played nothing but veteran difficulty and I started with an embermage that I took to level 21, then an engineer to 35. My berserker is 47 and I think I'm almost done with act 3 so will finish the main quest this weekend hopefully.

And Dishonored and X-com patiently wait for me to play them

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Patch Plans
4. Re: Torchlight 2 Patch Plans Oct 18, 2012, 11:10 Shok

I just can't stop playing TL2. Maybe once I finish it with one class I will be content to give it a rest though. I'm definitely looking forward to this patch with the determinism fix. Which is tech speak for fixing a bug from the last patch that made randomized breakables on maps lootless and quest givers/entrances disappear. And it caused lots of network sync issues supposedly too but I haven't played multi yet.  

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 16, 2012, 11:59 Shok

I wouldn't pay $100 for it. There is no way to load regular desktop apps on Win8 RT. I have no desire to be required to go through the Windows store for all my software.

More info here.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2012, 11:28 Shok

#33 Jack Black as a kid in the Pitfall commercial. Wow I never saw that before.

I too remember playing Combat and Space Invaders on Christmas day way back...I also had Yar's revenge and the Sears Star Trek ripoff "Stellar Trek" which was actually a pretty good game. And River Raid and Pitfall. Such great memories.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2012, 10:48 Shok

Picked up a $1.99 DLC for Crusader Kings 2 for free using that code on the Amazon page for $2 off while they straighten out their deal of the week promotion. Code is SQRLUVIO  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: WoW druid Oct 15, 2012, 08:47 Shok

I spent all my time doing archaeology and gathering in Kalimdor

I never knew about pacifist players in WoW. So do they run away from mobs when they aggro one accidentally? I guess they buy all their gear on the AH with proceeds from their gathering/archeology profession?

Interesting...now back to TL2!

News Comments > Get a Free Origin Game?
64. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 14, 2012, 13:12 Shok

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 13:03:
Still refuse to install Origin. I hate EA.

This. Still Origin free myself too.

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
14. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 15:14 Shok

Fion wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 14:35:
TL2 > D3 in every conceivable way.

It's funny because before they both hit I would never have dreamed that would be true. TL1 was good, but it was no Diablo 2. Oh how the tables have turned.

I haven't played D3 and probably never will but I can affirm the greatness that is TL2. I took a break from Dishonored around 9PM last night to play a "little" TL2 and the next time I looked up it was 1AM. It is so damn hard to quit playing once you start it.

News Comments > No Terraforming in SimCity
5. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 21:04 Shok

Online only is an automatic no-buy for me, just like Diablo 3 was.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 13:18 Shok

Grats Blue and thanks for all the updates!  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 10:35 Shok

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 10:30:
I should just wait and grab Dishonored later

No! Grab it now!!!

I'm in the same predicament. I am barely into Act 2 of TL2 and pre-ordered X-com so want to play that after work tonight. I want Dishonored but it can wait a few weeks.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
2. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 11:07 Shok

I finally caved in a pre-ordered it last night. I rationalized I would buy it anyway so I might as well get a free Civ5 to gift to someone. Oh, and I will need that pre-order dlc to change my X-com guys' shirt colors too *eyeroll*  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 1, 2012, 12:46 Shok

nin wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 12:01:
I have thousands of cds...still buy them, as I don't like buying (compressed) mp3s...

That comment reminded me of something. You should read this blog post by Jeff Atwood nin...

I don't buy cd's much anymore but I did buy the Foo Fighters latest last year and the remastered Dark Side of The Moon that was on sale at Best Buy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Cd is 30 years old Oct 1, 2012, 10:22 Shok

I think my first CD purchase was Aerosmith's greatest hits. Followed shortly after by the Who Made Who soundtrack.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 1, 2012, 00:49 Shok

netnerd85 wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 19:33:
Played the Torchlight 1 demo and that was a yawn fest. What's different about II?

Torchlight 2 is like TL1 on steroids. The loot system is better, levels are bigger and varied, and the game overall is more polished. It did take me a while to get into it though since it didn't really get its hooks in me until I played a character to level 20 or so, stashed some gear in the shared stash, and then started a different class. I have only played on veteran difficulty. I went from an embermage that was dying left and right to a kickass engineer that got to level 20 in half the time it took me to get the mage there.

But little did I know the augmented loot would hook me. There are some weapons that augment with a certain number of mob kills. I got a hammer for my engy that augmented after 10 champion kills. So I had to run around with it for a few hours just to see what the augmented stats turned out to be. Unfortunately, by the time I finally got the 10 kills there was a better weapon. But now I can put this augmented weapon into my shared stash for a new character to wipe the floor with and not have to get the 10 kills.

I'm surprised how much I have gotten into TL2. I played TL1 maybe 4-5 hours max. I'm up to about 12+ hours on TL2 and I've barely got through level 20...

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Sep 28, 2012, 23:41 Shok

ASeven wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 21:57:
Everyone who bought the humble indie bundle 2 has this game. Ask for your keys and youll get the steam key for cortex command.

Thanks for that info. Just did a search in my google emails and found my receipt for HB2 from July of last year and the link still worked and let me redeem my steam key for Cortex.

834 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo