Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 875 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 5, 2015, 19:43 Shok

I was able to snag X-wing for 5 dolla on GoG earlier today in their rotating sale thingy...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Video Diary
2. Re: Cities: Skylines Video Diary Mar 5, 2015, 19:20 Shok

It's the top seller on STEAM right now and after watching some twitch streamers who got pre-release builds I can see why. I'll probably pick it up on a sale (summer maybe?) down the road.  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
27. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 16:44 Shok

I would love to learn Unreal Engine but just don't have the time unfortunately. Guess I'll stick to derping around with haxeflixel making trying to make 2d games.  

News Comments > Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold
10. Re: Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold Mar 2, 2015, 16:39 Shok

This is long overdue. I hope the gold sellers go out of business but I doubt it.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Doom Clone Troopers Mar 1, 2015, 17:16 Shok

I've posted this in comments here before but I interviewed with LucasArts in 97 for a job as a level designer after I made a multiplayer level (rattlesnake ravine) for Outlaws, a game which Stinnet was also involved with. Stinnet emailed me himself and offered to fly me out to interview based only on playing that level online.

I remember meeting Stinnet and the level designers for Outlaws. A lot of them had architectural backgrounds if I remember. They were all working on Jedi Knight 2 so I got to see some of that before it was released. It was a great time even though I didn't get the job.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 28, 2015, 13:53 Shok

That's the price for buying DRM baked in I guess. The same thing could happen if Valve decided to shut down STEAM, however unlikely that would be.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 26, 2015, 21:08 Shok

GalCiv3 worth buying?

And Blue, GalCiv3 is 50% off not 75% which GalCiv1&2 are. Never mind I didn't read the "up to"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 15:08 Shok

Frijoles wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 13:52:
Bought Hand of Fate (not on the list.. yet) on Friday. Great game. Combat isn't much, but the rest of the game is really great.

Yeah I saw TotalBiscuit's review of Hand of Fate and it looks good, especially if they add more DLC down the line to be able to dual wield, etc. I can wait to pick it up in a sale though.

News Comments > WoW Patch Next Week
21. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 19:27 Shok

I burned out on WoD a little after two months. I'll probably be back at some point to level an alt or something...or maybe as said earlier in this thread I'll just play on a private server to scratch the WoW itch...  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Feb 17, 2015, 21:09 Shok

I bought the Sega deal on Amazon and just got a promotional email for a free $1 mp3 credit as well. So it's even a better deal lol!

Your purchase or rental of a qualifying Digital Video Game has earned you a $1 Amazon MP3 credit. The credit has been automatically applied to our account and is good toward the purchase of any album or track from the Amazon MP3 store. Visit http://www.amazon.com/mp3 on your web browser, iPhone, or iPod touch, open the music tab on your Kindle Fire, or open the Amazon MP3 app for Android and begin shopping. Your credit will be applied to your purchase(s) until you have used the full $1 value or until the code expires on March 31, 2015.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2/Total War: ROME II Free Weekend/Competition
5. Re: Company of Heroes 2/Total War: ROME II Free Weekend/Competition Feb 12, 2015, 16:45 Shok

Kosh401 wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 15:51:
Verno wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 15:23:
I can't say I really care for the unlock stuff they've done in the game though.

I just started running the Pepperidge Farm map with the Autohotkey script so you can leave it on over night, while at work, etc and get home to collect all your bulletins/commanders. Works alright, still dislike the whole system though.

Reddit has a post showing some bits added to the game files in the Feb 4 patch that suggest we're gonna have customizable commanders soon, possibly along with an in-game currency..

Wow, thanks for this tidbit. Any desire to purchase this game is gone now. I'm not a big RTS fan anyway but I did enjoy COH1 when it came out. Grinding for unlockables is not my kind of game (well besides my addiction to WoW for a few months every new expac..).

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 16:09 Shok

Guess I've been lucky with Chase. It has two factor in as much as it verifies your browser once with two factor and stores a cookie on the machine so it's not necessary every login. I don't think their app does though, unless I did it when it was first installed and forgot.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 6, 2015, 16:04 Shok

Meh, tower defense games, even a hybrid, is a major turn-off to me.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 3, 2015, 21:57 Shok

DangerDog wrote on Feb 3, 2015, 21:27:
I found some people giving praise to uBlock, it's suppose to be extremely light on the memory footprint.

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases

I'm using Adguard on my Android tablet with great success

http://adguard.com/en/welcome.html

Yeah I've been using uBlock since I saw it on Hackernews a few weeks ago and I haven't had any problems so far.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
2. Re: Saturday Patches Jan 24, 2015, 21:30 Shok

I went back to WoW for 60 days and I can honestly say I got my $75 worth from it. Hopefully that holds me over until the next expansion since there is no middle ground as far as me and WoW playtime - it's either 60+ hours a week or nothing. So glad to be free again though.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jan 24, 2015, 21:24 Shok

10 names better than Grey Goo:

Star Goop
Stellar Lard
Intersticky
Blackhole Down
Neutron Skidmarks
Atomic Annihilation
Astro Nam
Infidel Infantry
Orbital Muck
Metallurgical!

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
17. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 21:03 Shok

I enjoy watching a twitch stream of DayZ now and then but don't have the patience for playing this type of game. I'm just not in to the whole griefer mentality I guess.  

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Announced
16. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Announced Jan 24, 2015, 20:53 Shok

I have fond memories of Bard's Tale 1,2,3 on the C64 but I think the Legend of Grimrock games scratch that itch these days.

On the other hand if they went all out pixel art animated monster portraits along with a retro engine with modern UI I might be interested. I just don't see them capturing that same lightning in the bottle again. Besides, the original designer and programmer of the first two games, Michael Cranford, has been out of the video game industry since the second game came out.

And the satiric Bard's tale they did didn't interest me at all. I never got into it.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 20, 2015, 20:08 Shok

I may have to get Insurgency although my STEAM backlog is crazy I probably wouldn't play it anytime soon.

Also, for anyone watching that bot video don't get trolled by the smoke alarm chirping like I did lol. I totally thought my smoke alarm battery was low but it was coming from the video...

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
44. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 18, 2015, 13:23 Shok

I see the Battle Royale guys have a mode for H1Z1 already so I'll probably be buying this eventually. The engine looks a lot less glitchy compared to ARMA3 so that's good too.  

875 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo