Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 803 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
14. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 15:14 Shok

Fion wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 14:35:
TL2 > D3 in every conceivable way.

It's funny because before they both hit I would never have dreamed that would be true. TL1 was good, but it was no Diablo 2. Oh how the tables have turned.

I haven't played D3 and probably never will but I can affirm the greatness that is TL2. I took a break from Dishonored around 9PM last night to play a "little" TL2 and the next time I looked up it was 1AM. It is so damn hard to quit playing once you start it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Terraforming in SimCity
5. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 21:04 Shok

Online only is an automatic no-buy for me, just like Diablo 3 was.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 13:18 Shok

Grats Blue and thanks for all the updates!  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 10:35 Shok

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 10:30:
I should just wait and grab Dishonored later

No! Grab it now!!!

I'm in the same predicament. I am barely into Act 2 of TL2 and pre-ordered X-com so want to play that after work tonight. I want Dishonored but it can wait a few weeks.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
2. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 11:07 Shok

I finally caved in a pre-ordered it last night. I rationalized I would buy it anyway so I might as well get a free Civ5 to gift to someone. Oh, and I will need that pre-order dlc to change my X-com guys' shirt colors too *eyeroll*  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 1, 2012, 12:46 Shok

nin wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 12:01:
I have thousands of cds...still buy them, as I don't like buying (compressed) mp3s...

That comment reminded me of something. You should read this blog post by Jeff Atwood nin...

I don't buy cd's much anymore but I did buy the Foo Fighters latest last year and the remastered Dark Side of The Moon that was on sale at Best Buy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Cd is 30 years old Oct 1, 2012, 10:22 Shok

I think my first CD purchase was Aerosmith's greatest hits. Followed shortly after by the Who Made Who soundtrack.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 1, 2012, 00:49 Shok

netnerd85 wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 19:33:
Played the Torchlight 1 demo and that was a yawn fest. What's different about II?

Torchlight 2 is like TL1 on steroids. The loot system is better, levels are bigger and varied, and the game overall is more polished. It did take me a while to get into it though since it didn't really get its hooks in me until I played a character to level 20 or so, stashed some gear in the shared stash, and then started a different class. I have only played on veteran difficulty. I went from an embermage that was dying left and right to a kickass engineer that got to level 20 in half the time it took me to get the mage there.

But little did I know the augmented loot would hook me. There are some weapons that augment with a certain number of mob kills. I got a hammer for my engy that augmented after 10 champion kills. So I had to run around with it for a few hours just to see what the augmented stats turned out to be. Unfortunately, by the time I finally got the 10 kills there was a better weapon. But now I can put this augmented weapon into my shared stash for a new character to wipe the floor with and not have to get the 10 kills.

I'm surprised how much I have gotten into TL2. I played TL1 maybe 4-5 hours max. I'm up to about 12+ hours on TL2 and I've barely got through level 20...

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Sep 28, 2012, 23:41 Shok

ASeven wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 21:57:
Everyone who bought the humble indie bundle 2 has this game. Ask for your keys and youll get the steam key for cortex command.

Thanks for that info. Just did a search in my google emails and found my receipt for HB2 from July of last year and the link still worked and let me redeem my steam key for Cortex.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Sep 28, 2012, 23:04 Shok

hoolaparara wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 23:01:
GOG also have an end of line sale on Perimeter and Soldiers: Heroes of World War II (66% off) which are going to great Codemasters licensing graveyard in the sky on Monday.

Yeah I saw that and it worried me a little. It's like Amazon pulling kindle books you already own from your account. I guess I should back up all my GoG games in case any of them end up being "unlicensed" in the future.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Sep 28, 2012, 22:48 Shok

I just played the X-com demo and although it was short I did enjoy all the polish and the gameplay is there. I also went to the Steam page and all the pre-order bonuses are unlocked now...even though I already have Civ4 at least it's giftable I guess. I'll probably pre-order it.

Also, where did carrier command come from? It released today and I never even heard of it coming out. It looks like it could be fun too...

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
26. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 27, 2012, 22:27 Shok

I think it also helped that the digital bits in this expansion were pre-loaded into everyone's client weeks ago so buying the digital version was even more instant gratification on release day.

I've still resisted buying it though because I'd rather play other new (and old) games: TL2, X-com soon, and Thief2/SS2 with the awesome Win7 patches. And then there are the google play store .25 app deals this week too!

News Comments > Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches
30. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 19:44 Shok

nin wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 19:27:
So I've not tried this yet, but notice it has it's own exe. Does that get rid of the cd check? And I can't remember (it's been so long) are the movies copied to the drive as apart of the install, or where they streamed off the cd?

I just installed it from CD using tafferpatcher then unzipped the files as instructed in the release_notes.txt with 1.19. Tafferpatcher installs the 1.18 update and can use either the CD as source or directories you extracted the CD's to. There is no cd check either. I didn't install any other compatibility or enhancements but the default ones in tafferpatcher for DX10 and it works fine so far. YMMV since I only played about 10 minutes but it seems to be running flawless for me at 2048x1152...

EDIT: Also, movies are copied to hdd with tafferpatcher. Dunno if they were streamed originally or not.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2012, 19:50.

News Comments > Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches
28. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 18:17 Shok

Thief 2 had rope arrows like Thief 1 didn't it? So much PC gaming goodness this year...and to think all the talk earlier of the death of the PC. Whatever.  

News Comments > Project Eternity Using Unity
6. Re: Project Eternity Using Unity Sep 22, 2012, 16:39 Shok

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 15:52:
Not a very exciting list of game that uses the Unity engine.
List of games

I'm surprised AI War isn't in that list. Even though it's a 2d game it uses Unity.

News Comments > Morning Previews
12. Re: Morning Previews Sep 18, 2012, 19:37 Shok

deqer wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 16:03:
You D3 people... I feel sorry for you.

Have fun being controlled:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6573698478

and never to play it offline, never to play it lan, never to mod it, all for $60 because it has Blizzard tag on it.

Grats.

I agree completely. But Diablo3 is like the iPad of games. The masses bought it because the masses were buying it. FU ignorant masses!

Re: torchlight 2, I played the free beta of it a few months ago and it really didn't do much for me...it was torchlight 1 with some random dudes running around stealing your kills. I assume it's changed since then but I'll own it eventually from a $5 sale so I can wait till then to play it again.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 17, 2012, 10:25 Shok

So has anyone tried this mod? I meant to download it but assumed it wouldn't be worth it due to the latency from US to Australia.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 10:48 Shok

I'm still Origin free and proud of it. I actually wanted to play BF3 too.  

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Beta Begins
16. Re: Steam Big Picture Beta Begins Sep 11, 2012, 08:14 Shok

Crustacean Soup wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 21:03:
This is awesome right here. Games just need to support it, like Skyrim for instance, which still needs a mouse to get through the launcher.

Then get a wireless mouse. Seriously, I like Big Picture and all but I have a bad feeling about giving companies more of a reason to release crappy consolized ports.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 8, 2012, 08:05 Shok

ALL the new kindle fires are ad supported.

Unless this article is full of shit.

I have a 1st gen fire and use it everyday. The new firefox mobile even has me surfing on it more now.

803 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo