Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 834 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Shyamalan's new sci-fi flick Dec 11, 2012, 09:50 Shok

I would love to watch the trailer for that new flick but it looks like the Sony copyright bots took it down from youtube. Great marketing there guys.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2012, 11:02 Shok

Plants vs. Zombies the FPS...with multiplayer! Did I mention it has ZOMBIES???  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 7, 2012, 23:14 Shok

I would love for once to read something on reddit and not have stupid little joke comments with a play on words or other immaturity dominate the top posts in the thread.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and don't find classroom banter funny anymore.

News Comments > Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days
6. Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 10:49 Shok

Look on the bright side: at least it's not Sims 4 or something that is making $1B or that silly Molyneux curiosity "game".  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Released; Patched
9. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 4, 2012, 22:27 Shok

Does a Uplay disconnection cause the single player to kick you out?

Can this be played entirely offline?

I'd really like to get this game but only if single player can be played entirely offline since my internet is too flaky at times. Otherwise I may buy it bargain bin in a year or so and use a 3rd party *ahem* enhancement to make it offline capable.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
48. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Dec 4, 2012, 18:29 Shok

shihonage wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 18:20:
NVidia drivers under Win8 may be experiencing a similar problem to what's happening under WinXP.

Here's something that may work for you (the only thing that worked under XP for me, and I tried everything from safe mode to manual driver installs):

1) start normal nvidia install
2) at about 80% of the install, go to task manager and end process tree for nvidia setup stuff
3) reboot

It really works... at least on XP. There's some bug in the installer that uninstalls the driver at the very end, so stopping it beforehand works.

No, just no. That is some of the worst advice you could give someone. You don't go pulling the rug out from under an installer while it is updating device drivers. See comment 31 from Soulburner, that is the best solution here:

Soulburner wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 16:02:
To anyone that has problems with the installer failing - you have to:
1. uninstall the current drivers and reboot
2. extract the drivers installer with Winrar or 7zip
3. open Device Manager and find your graphics card. Double click it and select the "update driver" button, then point it to the extracted files
4. The system will install the driver only - reboot just in case
5. NOW, run the installer normally. It will complete without failing.

It's weird. Earlier, I've tried only uninstalling the drivers and running DriverSweeper, but that did not help.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot Dec 4, 2012, 18:23 Shok

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 17:15:
Yeah, I didn't buy the last one either. I'll wait for them to go on sale.

Yup, that's what I did for Civ5; bought the "gold" edition or whatever it was called in an Amazon sale and redeemed it on Steam and it gave me all the DLC. I guarantee 2kgames will do the same thing with X-com as well eventually. I'll just wait till then or grab it on a nice sale if I really can't do without.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2012, 11:29 Shok

Verno wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 11:06:
THE JETS WOOOOT!

A win is a win but didn't I see on the sports ticker that Sanchez had 3 INT's? egads...

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
45. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 17:52 Shok

I buy something on steam, I have to have steam running to play it. It's really not any different.

Wrong. Some Steam games can be run from shortcuts and not require Steam to start up at all. AI War is one that comes to mind off the top of my head.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2012, 14:11 Shok

Startup paid Black Friday shoppers to snap up cheap hard drives

So, all the time and labor to remove the drives from the USB housings is worth the savings? And any defective drives are out of their housings so no warranty I would guess...

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
9. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:48 Shok

I'm pretty sure Uplay is only required if you buy it outside of Steam. I think the video review Blue posted yesterday mentioned that but I can't be positive that's where I remember hearing it. Nevermind, the Steam page says, "Requires a UPlay account". Fuckballs! as Debra Morgan says...

In any event, I agree with giving Ubisoft the finger whenever possible because of their past DRM bullshit. Vote with your wallet though or it will never change.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2012, 12:54.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Trailer
2. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Trailer Nov 29, 2012, 21:16 Shok

I see their doing that tiered pre-order thing on Steam like X-com did. X-com had a lot of gameplay videos to go by so CoH2 would be smart to do that also if they want my pre-order...  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 14:14 Shok

I just got an email for the "humble THQ bundle".

THQ is trying everything to stay in the black. Next they'll be selling signed official THQ toilet paper.

I bought the THQ mega pack on Steam a few Xmas' ago or I would buy this also...

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 11:44 Shok

Re: Far Cry 3 video review.

I think his quote was something like, "A cross between Skyrim and Just Cause 2 in a fireworks factory"

Sounds like a Steam Christmas sale buy for me, for the sandbox gameplay more than anything else.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 29, 2012, 10:54 Shok

I just assumed that the article was going to blow smoke up my ass about how gaming on Windows 8 is great and everyone should upgrade. It was nice to read an honest gamer-centric assessment.

@Verno: That's good info if I ever decide to install Win8 on my gaming machine. At least MS had the foresight to leave an option for always on top I suppose.

News Comments > Deus Ex Texture Mod
3. Re: Deus Ex Texture Mod Nov 29, 2012, 10:39 Shok

I would download this and install Deus Ex (from original CD) and all but I did the same thing with Thief1/2 and SS2 when that user patch came out a few months ago and besides getting them all patched up and running I never got around to playing them for more than 5 minutes lol.

I'll probably still install it all though...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Nov 28, 2012, 20:38 Shok

Please note that due to extreme server load it may take some time to get your game, but we are working around the clock to alleviate the situation.

Pro-tip: Use Steam next time.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 27, 2012, 22:33 Shok

The biggest problem is that the Vita has become something of a landfill for bad games

Ouch, glad I didn't bite on that Amazon deal the other day for the Vita for $180.

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Details Coming "Very Soon"
4. Re: Diablo III PvP Details Coming Nov 27, 2012, 22:30 Shok

I would love to know how much money total and monthly the D3 auction house brought/brings in. Was it really worth it Blizzard?

I just wish gamers had voted with their wallets to begin with and not bought Diablo 3 when it came out.

I'm still Origin free and Diablo3 free though lol

(I did relent and buy Panda expansion for $15 on Black Friday grrrr)

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 20, 2012, 14:38 Shok

I might actually go into a Gamestop and pick up the panda expansion for $20 on Black Friday. Hopefully they'll be all out of it so I don't have to waste any more time in WoW. grrrr.  

834 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo