Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 813 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
20. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 30, 2014, 21:59 Shok

I gave Diablo 3 PC a try this week but it wasn't my cup of tea. Pretty lights and art and production but same old clickety click rinse repeat.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2014, 21:22 Shok

15 minute queue to play now...is this normal for everyone or just freebie accounts? WTF Blizzard...  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2014, 19:44 Shok

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 18:47:
Blizzard and sony are being ddos'd to fuck and back right now. Coincidence? No.

Hmmm, ok maybe I will give it another try. Thanks Nin...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2014, 17:32 Shok

So I finally bought Diablo 3 today since it was on sale at Best Buy for $20. Instead of installing from the box though I tried the free play version to level 10. I got to level 4 playing solo and got a network disconnect. I figured I needed to let it install completely since I had started playing as soon as it was "playable" during download.

So I exit and let it finish downloading. Then I go back in and play and I got another network disconnect. I went back in to the dungeon again but got another disconnect shortly after restarting. Maybe it's because I was fighting a lot of enemies and clicking a lot? I have Comcast Blast! internet and Steam and Battle.net both report download speeds of 6-7mbps. I've had it for over a year since moving in this house so it's definitely not on my end. Anyway, I'm gonna return the unopened box to BB this week. I figure I will get Divinity eventually to scratch the Diablo itch plus no always online DRM...

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2014, 20:04 Shok

nin wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 18:34:
Whoa, steam added some blue!

Yeah and the tray icon is round instead of square and also has some light blue. Pretty nice I guess /shrug

1. Re: GoT actor dies Aug 12, 2014, 17:51 Shok

Wow that GoT news is gonna be clickbaiting a lot of fans wondering who died IRL. RIP, and classy of the producers to not replace him or anything plot-wise.  

News Comments > AI War Expansion & Linux Support This Month
2. Re: AI War Expansion & Linux Support This Month Aug 11, 2014, 16:35 Shok

I've played it but not recently. The graphics weren't ever the greatest but Arcen has supported the game with updates continuously (monthly if not more often) since it was first released. It's all top down 2d so it can't really compare to SoSE graphically. It's has a lot to do with blobbing hundreds of ships in battles against a very tough AI. And with so many different abilities in ships every game is different. And the emergent AI is not just a bullet point for marketing, it is very challenging. See the programmer's blog about it here.

I'll be buying this expansion just because it is Arcen's first (best?) game and I support it whenever an expansion comes out.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2014, 16:40.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 6, 2014, 16:30 Shok

The only way I would even consider it, being the cheap ass I am, is if Comcast gave me a wireless modem (I own my own modem and wireless router now) and also gave me a credit each month on my bill. Even then I would kick that shit to curb if it degraded bandwidth when I was downloading/streaming.  

News Comments > SimCity Trial Version
6. Re: SimCity Trial Version Aug 5, 2014, 21:22 Shok

And I bet it will eventually be free if you install Origin.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 2, 2014, 17:42 Shok

I went in there about a year ago looking for an audio connector. They didn't have it. I saw some arduino kits or something on clearance and asked the salesman if they stocked anything for the raspberry pi and he looked at me like I was from the moon. You would think an electronics store would have all kinds of hobbyist stuff like that.

I think the one other time since that I was in there the salesman was just a rude jerk and I left.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: MS Jul 27, 2014, 21:16 Shok

Windows? I thought the PC was dead and all the pundits expected everyone to have tablets and never need a desktop computer again?

News Comments > GOG.com Linux Support Launches
4. Re: GOG.com Linux Support Launches Jul 24, 2014, 15:36 Shok

Yeah, lots of old games run fine with Wine on Linux but using Wine isn't very easy to learn.  

4. Re: Into the Black Jul 22, 2014, 20:06 Shok

Mech? Reminds me more of a Borg Cube...  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 22, 2014, 19:05 Shok

I went back to WoW earlier this year, but only on a private, free server. I got to the 70's and the quests were broken so my interest faded. I know if I resubscribe then WoW will become my 2nd job like it always does though...  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 17:39 Shok

I played the beta a few times on the free weekends. I think I spent more time downloading it than actually playing it...zzzzzzz  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 14, 2014, 23:53 Shok

Scud wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 23:02:
Cutter wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 20:18:
And that's precisely why everyone should do at least one stint in a restaurant at some point in their lives. You then understand why not only tipping is necessary, but tipping well. Most people think a monkey could do it, but they really couldn't manage it if their very lives depended on it.

Tipping is only necessary because the restaurant industry discovered it could get out of paying it's employees by passing the responsibility on to the customer.

STFU Mr. Pink and tip!

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2014, 22:24 Shok

I had never heard of a blue tongue skink until I saw this picture in a camera forum yesterday. No chance of any reptiles in my house though. The cat would have it in his teeth in seconds. We can't let him out on our screened in patio or he would be hunting lizards there too.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 10, 2014, 17:26 Shok

Are there actually businesses that use Windows 8? Training users for the Metro paradigm shift is pointless. They won't be stopping support of Win7 until Win9+ is more business friendly...

Heck, the government is still barely migrated to Win7 as it is. Does MS honestly expect to stop support in 7 months?

News Comments > Grim Fandango HD Remake Coming to PCs
10. Re: Grim Fandango HD Remake Coming to PCs Jul 9, 2014, 21:44 Shok

Cutter wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 21:20:
And what about Outlaws?!?!?!

What about Outlaws indeed! Maybe it's just nostalgia but I like to believe that was one of the first great online FPS multiplayer games.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2014, 13:18 Shok

I got food poisoning from a Big Mac memorial day weekend. Haven't been to McDonald's since.  

813 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo