Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 825 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
74. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 18:07 Shok

jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 17:52:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 17:09:
Task wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 17:03:
I'm hazarding a guess, but I assume there is no widescreen support from what I have read so far on another site, if you are wondering how it works on modern systems Krovven.

Long ago though, when my first forray into modding was mainly SW games, I found a way, posted on the interwebs, to 'hack' the .exe file with a hex editor to support wide screens. I did it myself once, but I don't remember how. That was way back in 2005 though, so unless GoG somehow found it, its likely someone will need to bring out the fix again.

Xwing Alliance supports widescreen and you can play the original xwing missions using it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/play-x-wing-with-upgraded-graphics-trust-us-you-should/

That's a great article to bookmark. Which raises the question:

Is XWing Alliance officially abandonware, since you can't buy it anywhere? Is it illegal to DL a CD image?

Yeah, I ran across that article a few months back. All the url's for mod files are 404's After all, the article is 4 years old...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 27, 2014, 20:15 Shok

Ghostbusters is $3 on Steam too. I probably won't play it anytime soon but is it still worth getting?  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
3. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 20:13 Shok

Wow, I already own the originals on floppies (including the B-wing X-wing expansion) and the "hi-res" CD version but I'll still be getting it on GoG. Can't wait to pew pew pew again!  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 7, 2014, 22:02 Shok

They should rename it Gspot; there's a social network I can, uh, get behind  

News Comments > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY Released
2. Re: Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY Released Sep 28, 2014, 09:29 Shok

I'm thinking about getting this game and will probably pull the trigger before the sale is over Friday. Someone did a stream of a user made scenario for this game last night and already posted it on youtube. I haven't watched any of it yet but watched some of his older videos yesterday and the game looked pretty detailed. I'm trying to convince myself I have time to play a game like this though.  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Free Weekend
1. Re: Total War: ROME II Free Weekend Sep 25, 2014, 19:00 Shok

What? What marketing genius offers free game to try all weekend but doesn't discount it 1 cent. Huge banner on Steam says 75% off all Total War games and underneath it "Except Rome II". Seriously???  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Dennis Haysbert Sep 18, 2014, 16:19 Shok

24? To me he is forever typecast as the friggin Allstate guy/voice.  

General Discussion > NFL Week Two
7. No subject Sep 14, 2014, 19:20 Shok

Seahawks lost to the Chargers??? And New Orleans seems to be losing in final minutes every week....and Dolphins...facepalm  

General Discussion > NFL Week One
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 17:12 Shok

*crosses fingers the Dolphins actually have a decent team this year (or they at least beat the Patsies in division)*  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Australian Online TV Streaming up to 431% More Expensive Than US Sep 9, 2014, 15:10 Shok

NamecaF wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:51:
The smart ones just torrent them behind a VPN

Fixed that for you

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 7, 2014, 23:20 Shok

I've been learning to play Battle Royale (Arma3 mod). Reminds me of when I first started playing dayz mod on Arma2. You drop from a plane, find weapons, then you have an ever decreasing circular area everyone has to be in or they take damage and die. Eventually people die leaving one victor who wins hunger games style. It's fun watching twitchtv streams of the game also.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 13:31 Shok

Verno, from what I understand they didn't upload them, their idevice automatically saves photos to Apple's cloud - even pictures deleted on the phone could still be kept in Apple's servers and hackers get it there.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
20. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 30, 2014, 21:59 Shok

I gave Diablo 3 PC a try this week but it wasn't my cup of tea. Pretty lights and art and production but same old clickety click rinse repeat.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2014, 21:22 Shok

15 minute queue to play now...is this normal for everyone or just freebie accounts? WTF Blizzard...  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2014, 19:44 Shok

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 18:47:
Blizzard and sony are being ddos'd to fuck and back right now. Coincidence? No.

Hmmm, ok maybe I will give it another try. Thanks Nin...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2014, 17:32 Shok

So I finally bought Diablo 3 today since it was on sale at Best Buy for $20. Instead of installing from the box though I tried the free play version to level 10. I got to level 4 playing solo and got a network disconnect. I figured I needed to let it install completely since I had started playing as soon as it was "playable" during download.

So I exit and let it finish downloading. Then I go back in and play and I got another network disconnect. I went back in to the dungeon again but got another disconnect shortly after restarting. Maybe it's because I was fighting a lot of enemies and clicking a lot? I have Comcast Blast! internet and Steam and Battle.net both report download speeds of 6-7mbps. I've had it for over a year since moving in this house so it's definitely not on my end. Anyway, I'm gonna return the unopened box to BB this week. I figure I will get Divinity eventually to scratch the Diablo itch plus no always online DRM...

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2014, 20:04 Shok

nin wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 18:34:
Whoa, steam added some blue!

Yeah and the tray icon is round instead of square and also has some light blue. Pretty nice I guess /shrug

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: GoT actor dies Aug 12, 2014, 17:51 Shok

Wow that GoT news is gonna be clickbaiting a lot of fans wondering who died IRL. RIP, and classy of the producers to not replace him or anything plot-wise.  

News Comments > AI War Expansion & Linux Support This Month
2. Re: AI War Expansion & Linux Support This Month Aug 11, 2014, 16:35 Shok

I've played it but not recently. The graphics weren't ever the greatest but Arcen has supported the game with updates continuously (monthly if not more often) since it was first released. It's all top down 2d so it can't really compare to SoSE graphically. It's has a lot to do with blobbing hundreds of ships in battles against a very tough AI. And with so many different abilities in ships every game is different. And the emergent AI is not just a bullet point for marketing, it is very challenging. See the programmer's blog about it here.

I'll be buying this expansion just because it is Arcen's first (best?) game and I support it whenever an expansion comes out.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2014, 16:40.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 6, 2014, 16:30 Shok

The only way I would even consider it, being the cheap ass I am, is if Comcast gave me a wireless modem (I own my own modem and wireless router now) and also gave me a credit each month on my bill. Even then I would kick that shit to curb if it degraded bandwidth when I was downloading/streaming.  

825 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo