Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3780 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
6. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 18, 2012, 23:22 Wowbagger_TIP

Game looks really good, but I share the concerns about a half-ass PC port. I really hope they don't fuck it up yet again.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday
24. Re: No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday Jan 17, 2012, 18:14 Wowbagger_TIP

Mist wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 15:50:
Syndicate gameplay trailers look awesome, I dunno what you guys are talking about. Definitely looked like a buy to me.
What are you talking about? Looked scripted and gimmicky when they were trying to incorporate Syndicate-y stuff, and otherwise just another shooter.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday
19. Re: No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday Jan 17, 2012, 15:36 Wowbagger_TIP

I just want a modern remake of the original. Hopefully Cartel turns out to be that. I loved the original and played it and the expansion for a long time. I couldn't get into Syndicate Wars though. It just felt different and wrong, but I don't even remember why anymore.  

News Comments > World of Darkness Details
15. Re: World of Darkness Details Jan 17, 2012, 13:32 Wowbagger_TIP

I can't even imagine wanting to play Eve, especially with all the douchey things that CCP has done and things they let their employees and friends get away with. Why would anyone want to pay to deal with that? If I want to do something tedious for hours at a time, I'll just stay in the office.  

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
145. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 16, 2012, 17:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Meh. I'm not installing Origin. At least not until it's at least as bug-free and unobtrusive as Steam, and right now it's not even in the same hemisphere. It's tempting just for BF3, but really not worth it. There's plenty of other games out there and I don't have time for many of them anyway. As for ME3, I'll watch the cutscenes on Youtube and spare myself all the planet-scanning and repetitive chest-high-wall fights. That shit is just tedious.  

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch Jan 14, 2012, 02:23 Wowbagger_TIP

Screw them. Maybe I'll get it if it's cheap and they remove the drm.  

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2012, 01:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 14:36:
Do the games I bought as gifts for others show up on my list? If not, that list should be twice as long or longer. Thank God and Superman that my wife doesn't pay close attention to the bank account that we make online purchases with.
Lucky you! I had to explain to my wife that my purchase of the latest Humble Indie Bundle was done out of pure, unadulterated altruism. It's for the children, really!! Ok, not entirely, but I did pay $25 for it, and that was before they added more stuff to it too. Oh, and I had a couple of the games already.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 19:47 Wowbagger_TIP

Anyone want to trade me a piece of coal for a game? Can get me the trade achievement and maybe a game that i don't already have. I have a few things available to trade:

Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey
Dwarfs!? 50% off coupon
Valve 33% off coupon
Defense Grid

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Dec 31, 2011, 15:14 Wowbagger_TIP

That article is so wrong it hurts. Let's all blame Mike for doing what any halfway decent person would have done in that position.  

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2011, 04:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Holy shit, this is just bizarre. The guy is like some parody of a jock turned PR guy. Why not just hire one of the morons from Jersey Shore to represent you? Seriously, how does this guy even have a job? Blackmail is the only thing I can come up with.

News Comments > EA Won't Appeal AU Syndicate Ruling
5. Re: EA Won't Appeal AU Syndicate Ruling Dec 24, 2011, 02:31 Wowbagger_TIP

entr0py wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 01:33:
Tehol wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 01:10:
what is this adult content?it 's a shooter not rpg.
are they talking about gory scenes?

Yep. From Gamestop:

UPDATE: The Classification Board has now released its decision report into Syndicate, which states that the game was indeed refused classification because of its high impact violence.

In its report, the Board cited several examples of high impact violence, including the fact that "combatants can take locational damage an can be explicitly dismembered, decapitated, or bisected by the force of the gunfire. The depictions are accompanied by copious bloodspray and injuries are shown realistically and with detail. Flesh and bone are often exposed while arterial sprays of blood continue to spurt from wounds at regular intervals."

"The game also allows a player to repeatedly damage enemy combatants' corpses. For example, it is possible for a player to decapitate a corpse with a headshot before individually blowing off each of its limbs."
Awesome deal for EA. The Classification Board just wrote their marketing material for them!

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2011, 02:29 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 01:38:
How many Steam Cheevos you guys have to Holiday Sale? I skipped a couple of games I am not interested in or that weren't a good price point. I am at 25.
I think I only have like 5 right now. Haven't been that interested in a lot of the games that I don't already have. Haven't done the Frozen Synapse one from today yet though. Wish they'd have some interesting ones from games that I already have, or at least that I want.

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: Saints Row 3 for $19.99 / 13.29 / 17.49 Dec 24, 2011, 00:00 Wowbagger_TIP

Shok wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 22:52:
As I mentioned in previous comments see this thread for cheaper (50%+) deals than Steam's 33% on Saints Row 3.

Dude, thanks for that! I just picked it up from GMG for $20 using the FIFTY-SAINT-XMASS voucher code. Merry Xmas to me!

Oh, and it activates on Steam too, of course!

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
9. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Dec 23, 2011, 11:36 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 03:53:
Where can I get wars dirt cheap? I really want to play this but I want to give EA the absolute minimum ammount of money. Im thinking under 5$.
I think I picked up Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Crysis Wars together for around $5 during a Steam sale. Keep your eyes peeled during this holiday sale and maybe you can grab them that cheap again.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
2. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 13:47 Wowbagger_TIP

Their servers must be getting pounded. I'm getting errors and blank screens in the Steam app. Refreshing will sometimes fix it. Sometimes I just get another mostly blank screen.  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers
29. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers Dec 15, 2011, 13:19 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 10:06:
A lot of enthusiasts run their systems to the limit and if their system doesnt crash and runs stable they automatically assume that everything works fine & dandy without looking at the fine points like CPU temperature and the like.
I think those are crazy people rather than enthusiasts. I try not to kill my processor when I overclock. Running that far outside of the safe temp range is a REALLY bad idea. There's a reason you don't overclock to the point that your cooling solution can't keep up, which is the instability you're likely to encounter, as you obviously found out. It isn't always immediately apparent. I don't know of any enthusiasts that would do that. They either back off on the overclock, or buy a better cooler.

28. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers Dec 15, 2011, 13:19 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 10:06:
A lot of enthusiasts run their systems to the limit and if their system doesnt crash and runs stable they automatically assume that everything works fine & dandy without looking at the fine points like CPU temperature and the like.
I think those are crazy people rather than enthusiasts. I try not to kill my processor when I overclock. Running that far outside of the safe temp range is a REALLY bad idea. There's a reason you don't overclock to the point that your cooling solution can't keep up, which is the instability you're likely to encounter, as you obviously found out. I don't know of any enthusiasts that would do that. They either back off on the overclock, or buy a better cooler.

News Comments > Little Big Bunch Indie Bundle
1. Re: Little Big Bunch Indie Bundle Dec 15, 2011, 01:12 Wowbagger_TIP

Wow. Tis the season for indie bundles?  

23. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers Dec 14, 2011, 17:14 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 16:55:
Anyone have any idea where I can get the Win7-64 versions of the 12.1? I only find links to what I assume are the 32 bit versions...

Creston
The download page lists both Win 7 x32 and x64 as supported Operating systems. Seems like it should work for either?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 14, 2011, 14:51 Wowbagger_TIP

space captain wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 01:13:
saw this sig @ DSLReports

Dell Precision T5400, Win7 Ultimate 32bit fully updated, Symantec Endpoint Protection,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 4GB Ram,
E5410 @ 2.33GHz, Nvidia Quadro FX570, Raid-1 Dual 500GB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE9, Opera, MBAM

Rotfl

3780 Comments. 189 pages. Viewing page 50.
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo