Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3780 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2012, 14:49 Wowbagger_TIP

Holy crap, that's just horrible. How the hell do they do something like that without someone realizing how moronic it is?  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: DARPA cheetah Mar 6, 2012, 23:25 Wowbagger_TIP

cappy wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 22:34:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 18:24:
I just realized that I am well below the national TV watching average. about 6 hours a week, or less than an hour a day. The average is 28 hours a week. (Not that I'm less prone to sitting around, I just play video games or the drums instead.)

I definitely beat the average.

I don't watch six hours of television in a year. Probably less than four hours total a year.
Oh yeah? Well I don't even own a TV. So there! Smug

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer
20. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Mar 6, 2012, 13:19 Wowbagger_TIP

Looks pretty awesome. I'm actually excited about this. Looks like they're actually capturing a lot of the good aspects of the original with this. Hope they stay on track with it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Congrats, US Government- You're Scaring Web Businesses Into Moving Out Of The US. Mar 5, 2012, 19:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Dev wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 14:03:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 18:22:
And what is it really going to do for gas prices? Do you really think Keystone is going to make any difference in that? It's not going to budge them. The global oil market couldn't care less about it. Keystone is years from completion at best, and if it doesn't get built, then that oil will get to market some other way. They aren't just going to leave it in the ground. This is about oil company profits, not price at the pump.
I think you forget that much of the oil prices are due to oil futures (aka speculation). And just the announcement of such a project would be enough to lower prices (regardless of the end result). For how much and how long, I don't know. And we already know where the oil will go without it, to China. They are buying a lot of basic commodities, and not just oil. The price of hay has been skyrocketing because they are buying up a big chunk of that too (I have no idea what they need large quantities of that for, and shipping HAY has gotta cost a lot compared to the price of the product itself, but there it is). China is a fast growing superpower and is needing increasing amounts of raw materials.
Oil goes for market prices, regardless of where it gets refined. If China is driving up demand, then prices go up, whether it gets refined in the U.S. or not. Keystone isn't going to do squat for oil prices. Those claiming it will lead to lower prices for Americans have their own motives for wanting people to believe that. They do not share your interests.

11. Re: Congrats, US Government- You're Scaring Web Businesses Into Moving Out Of The US. Feb 24, 2012, 18:22 Wowbagger_TIP

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 16:54:
LittleMe wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 12:04:
This is one reason why the economy isn't creating jobs. Corporatism causes much human suffering.
Fallacy argument. Corporatism isn't the cause of the problem, over government regulation is the cause. When 41/100 is used up by the government before it hits your hand, you have more serious problems. And if the Obama administration has been good at one thing, it's been ensuring that job projects except those he wants are stalled, killed, or broke. Want a coal mine? Not happening, even though it'd provide a few thousand jobs in primary and secondary in the 40-140k range.

Keystone? Well primary secondary, and spinoff, and main construction. Bet you're enjoying that $4.50-6/gal now, I'm actually surprised. Gas is now getting more expensive in the US than Canada. $4.32/gal(though my sister in Alberta is paying $3.86/gal) here today.

What about Keystone? They want to get their pipeline by pulling out completely unsubstantiated job numbers, many of which won't be American jobs, and many more that are double-counted, all while completely ignoring the potential damage they could do and working to screw over land-owners.

And what is it really going to do for gas prices? Do you really think Keystone is going to make any difference in that? It's not going to budge them. The global oil market couldn't care less about it. Keystone is years from completion at best, and if it doesn't get built, then that oil will get to market some other way. They aren't just going to leave it in the ground. This is about oil company profits, not price at the pump.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ Feb 23, 2012, 14:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 13:04:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 12:53:
I want to sign up, but I'm about to go on vacation for about 10 days. Maybe I should hold off. Don't want to get accepted for a beta event if I won't be around to play.

Beta doesn't start untill March and ramps up over it and April so you'll be back in plenty of time. Plus the cutoff to sign up for the beta is Friday after which you'll have to wait untill open beta to check it out, so I'd sign up now if I were you.

Ok, cool. I was looking for a start date in the FAQ, but didn't see one. Thanks for the info.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ Feb 23, 2012, 12:53 Wowbagger_TIP

I want to sign up, but I'm about to go on vacation for about 10 days. Maybe I should hold off. Don't want to get accepted for a beta event if I won't be around to play.  

News Comments > EVE Online Plans Outlined
8. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 23, 2012, 12:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Jonny wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 11:32:
Unless he's moaning about the Council of Stellar Management, but while people who aren't nullbears tend to complain about the CSM's obvious bias towards nullsec created by the distribution of voting blocs ( and shared by CCP as it's blatantly their favourite play style) I've never seen anything like he's describing.
Wow. I didn't understand a word of that. Didn't sound good though.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups
20. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups Feb 22, 2012, 15:45 Wowbagger_TIP

A lot of people seem to hold GW in fairly high regard. I'm not an MMO fan. I've watched friends play them, and just never saw the appeal. Is this one any different? I just don't enjoy grinding and don't have the time to put in for long play-sessions. If it's not fun to just play for an hour a few times a week, then it's probably not for me.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Feb 21, 2012, 22:37 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 22:10:
And I have to get a workaround to this US only download thing for Amazon.

What if you paypal me the money and I buy it for you and give you the download key? That would work for Steamworks games at least.
That would probably work, and Prez just likes to buy stuff on Steam anyway, so it's totally win-win.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2012, 18:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Beamer wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 16:40:
PHJF wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 15:51:
I've been using winRAR for the past... eight years?

Why wouldn't you use winRAR?

I had to unrar something on sunday. I installed winrar.

What else is there?
I've been using 7-Zip lately. It works great for any type of compressed file I've come across so far.

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Announced
10. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 17:09 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 16:56:
"everything you love about MechWarrior," with a combination of "turn-based strategy and blends tactical gameplay, deep collectability, and unique online features"

What?

Lol.. yeah, that doesn't really parse. The "collectability" and in-game store aspects make me wary as well. Sounds like another F2P game. Hope they don't end up like the MtG games. That shit is annoying and I refuse to buy those games. Would like another EtherLords game instead.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 21, 2012, 16:58 Wowbagger_TIP

That KoAR review is pretty lousy. The guy talks like the game is great, going so far as to say that combat is where it really shines, and then utterly fails to describe the combat at all. He spends all the time talking about the skill trees and such, and none on the actual meat of the game, which is the combat. WTF?

I played through the demo and found it rather boring and annoying for the most part. It's not very open. The combat, as far as I could tell, wasn't very interesting or challenging. Maybe it gets better, but the demo was a yawner. Then he also says that by halfway through the game he was so rich and powerful that he could buy pretty much everything, and apparently a lot of areas were too easy.

I think I'll pass on this one.

News Comments > Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games
13. Re: Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games Feb 20, 2012, 12:24 Wowbagger_TIP

But even from kind of a more general point of view, you have services like Steam or Origin where these many purchases and micro-transactions and all these transactions we’re making through multiple companies are kind of tied to this overreaching account.
I wonder if that's the word he really intended there, or more of a Freudian slip.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 19, 2012, 02:49 Wowbagger_TIP

Fletch wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 02:40:
PHJF wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 20:15:
Because hard disk space is so precious, amiright?

No, the bandwith and time to download 3GB weren't worth it.

Bandwidth is practically free unless you have a pretty onerous bandwidth cap, and you can download overnight or whenever you're not using your system. This really makes no sense.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 19, 2012, 01:42 Wowbagger_TIP

space captain wrote on Feb 19, 2012, 01:07:
really hard to believe someone got paid for that

Yeah, it's pretty much butt-ugly. Breathtakingly so.

News Comments > On Skyrim DLC
21. Re: On Skyrim DLC Feb 18, 2012, 18:06 Wowbagger_TIP

wrigleyvillain wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 16:21:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 13:43:
That sound mod looks (err sounds) cool.

Yeah...I'm still on the fence. While the dungeons especially are missing sufficient sound ambiance this mod seems "too much".
I think it's pretty good. Keep in mind that they amplified the new sound effects to make them stand out in the video. Most of them were pretty good I thought. The bat-wing flapping sound was too repetitive though. I think they might need to work on that one. It didn't sound right. I did like the bird and bug sounds from the wilderness video, and the rain and ocean sounds make a HUGE difference

I can easily see this mod being a must-have. It just seems like the world will be so much more alive with it.

News Comments > On Skyrim DLC
7. Re: On Skyrim DLC Feb 18, 2012, 00:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Alamar wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 22:20:
One of the things I don't like about Skyrim is that the main quest line isn't really any grander than some other big quest lines.

If the DLC has some more involved content, I might consider it, but still likely to wait for a substantial sale.

-Alamar
I'll take it case by case, but if they release some good stuff, along the line of Knights of the Nine, I'll definitely be buying.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 17, 2012, 16:02 Wowbagger_TIP

I run FF for days or weeks with a hundred or so tabs open at any given time. No problems here. You must have come across a bad plugin/addon or two.  

News Comments > Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault?
7. Re: Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault? Feb 17, 2012, 15:59 Wowbagger_TIP

I would just like to acknowledge and support the contempt for the MechAssault franchise. That is all.  

3780 Comments. 189 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo