Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4003 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
10. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 14:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Vio wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 13:55:
If I liked diablo 2, will I like this? Basically a average weekend of diablo 2 consisted of joining games named Baal Run 1 through 700 ;D

I think PoE is more interesting than D2, but then I was never a hardcore D2 player either. While you can party up for Dominus split runs all day long if you like (maybe Beast runs after Act 4 is out?), or focus on farming Atziri if your build and gear are good enough, I enjoy just running maps, with or without a party and trying new builds. Looks like this expansion is going to create a whole new level of build diversity too.

Someone was trying to get Pillars abbreviated as PoEt to differentiate. Doesn't look like it stuck

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
7. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 13:47 Wowbagger_TIP

Vio wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 13:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 12:58:
Have strange urge to want to discuss Pillar of Eternity in this thread.
Same urge strangely.

That being said is Exile any good? I've been ignoring it for a long long long long time.
I think it's a great game. I pick it up again every time a new challenge league starts, just to play with all the new stuff they add each time, like new mechanics, uniques, Masters crafting, etc. It's always a good time even though I'm a casual player. I usually get a couple of characters up into the 80s. I take breaks to play other stuff between leagues. If I don't get into the beta for this, I'll keep working on my backlog in the meantime, but I REALLY hope I get into the beta

All the stuff they're adding this time is just incredible. A whole new act with NINE new bosses!! From what I read, they've had a team working on this since the original release and kept it secret while they had a second team creating the smaller updates for each league since then. Can't wait to get into this!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 10, 2015, 20:29 Wowbagger_TIP

I swear ICANN must be run by a collection of idiots. How they didn't see this coming just boggles the mind.  

News Comments > Act of Aggression Trailer
4. Re: Act of Aggression Trailer Apr 10, 2015, 13:39 Wowbagger_TIP

I definitely liked Act of War better than the C&C games. Hope this one lives up to that standard. I do remember some missions in the expansion being pretty hard. Very fun sort of near - future sci-fi RTS.  

News Comments > Free Elder Scrolls Online Weekend for Beta Players
3. Re: Free Elder Scrolls Online Weekend for Beta Players Apr 8, 2015, 19:36 Wowbagger_TIP

Only for beta players? I've been interested to try it. Don't really want to buy it until I get a shot at it first.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic
4. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic Apr 8, 2015, 13:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Looks fantastic. I need to go play through HR again before this hits. Haven't played the Director's Cut version yet. Didn't they add some ways to avoid the boss fights?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Apr 6, 2015, 17:02 Wowbagger_TIP

I figure that a year from now I can pick up the CV1 Rift and E:D and have a great time. I'm willing to wait until then. Hopefully it'll be a lot more fleshed out by then. Should be a good first game for the Rift.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2015, 14:12 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 14:23:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 13:20:
Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 12:27:
It's just that most of the content is so bad it makes you wonder why people even try. Unless you can knock it out of the park with something genius like Burger King's Left Handed Whopper don't bother. Most of them come off as sad little cries for attention.

I thought there was some funny stuff this year. Sorry that eraser is so down on the day.

It's because some idiot modder for KSP (Construction Times) made on April 1st a "fake Nag screen" in KSP that broke my entire first start procedures after a 15 minute load time. Fuck that guy and fuck April first ,) *cough*

Maybe next year my experience will be better.. ^^

Ps.: Just one of many examples why April First is bad
Automated trading scripts can't tell a joke

Seems more like a reason that automated trading is bad. Automatically initiating trades based on information that your algorithm can't understand the context of is just stupid. Anyone trading like that deserves to have their bots screwed with.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 4, 2015, 12:02 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 19:20:
$47B. That's a lot of desal plants for SoCal. Also a lot of libraries.
Cali needs to fix their retarded water rights system. Nothing else is going to fix the problem for them.

News Comments > Hearthstone Blackrock Mountain Rises
7. Re: Hearthstone Blackrock Mountain Rises Apr 3, 2015, 18:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Found out that a friend of mine plays HS, so I just started playing this week, trying to grind to unlock as much as I can so I can have some cards to work with. I've unlocked all the classes, and got mage to lvl 10. Beat the first wing of the Naxxramas expansion on Normal. Not sure how best to go about getting more cards though. Guessing I need to play arena. Apparently there's a ton of cards to get.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
16. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 28, 2015, 01:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Frijoles wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 23:31:
nin wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 22:36:
Right here.

Oh thank god. Such a minor thing, but it's going to make me go crazy. I was hoping it'd be in the first patch.

Haha.. ok, I read your first post and thought there was actually a mouse in a cage in the game that was bugged or something.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2015, 01:29 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 01:16:
1badmf wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 00:53:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 21:06:
I'm waiting to see what materializes.

the idea of Trek has always been grand, but i've always found the implementation to be rather bland and uninspiring, with the exception of a few eps here and there. to me there's no surprise that it never lasts - until they get writers and producers that really embrace the inspirational human side of the show, it'll just remain schlocky scifi that most people ignore. that's why i always hated it when enterprise and crew went down the warpath with alien race A, B, or C. it abandoned what made it potentially great in favor of cheap drama.

It would be awesome if they did it like Game of Thrones, with say maybe a 10-12 episodes per year, but each of higher quality. I think the show suffered when they had to put out 24 per year. And as long as they're emulating GoT, maybe they can add some bewbs.

mmmmmm.... green bewbs...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 24, 2015, 11:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Speaking of supercells, Bing looks pretty cool today. Hover over the little boxes and one has a link to some rather mesmerizing time-lapse videos.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 19, 2015, 01:21 Wowbagger_TIP

IAMLIT_REFLEX wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 00:50:
Am I the only one here who thinks it's really shitty that movies like Bladerunner and The Matrix blatantly rip off pre-existing works such as the book Bladerunner about underground medical practices and the couriers who deliver the doctors' goods (yes, different concept, I know. They stole the name and that fucks up the chances of a REAL Bladerunner movie!!!) or The Matrix ripping off the concept of a virtual reality world (The Matrix from Shadowrun)?

Now you know that the people behind The Matrix movie paid FASA/Microsoft a good deal of money for such a blatant rip off....

I couldn't care less. Bladerunner is a great movie. First Matrix was pretty good too. Plenty of room for everyone.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Mar 9, 2015, 15:22 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 12:46:
you mean actual real scientists doing actual real scientists and not shills paid by

"Real scientists" does not define an elite, pure breed, devoid of flaw. The shitty scientists who do work people hate or who people regard as dishonest are as real as the ones they idolize.

No one ever says that a given politician they dislike is not a REAL politician, or that a corrupt CEO is not a REAL CEO. Let's cut this shit out.

Both sides have their uninformed cheerleaders rooting for their team. Can't do much about that. One side has actual science supporting its claims, and > 97% of actual climate scientists supporting those claims. The other side relies on manufacturing doubt and delay through any means possible. Just like we saw with the tobacco industry for decades. Many of the same people involved, in fact.

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
34. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 5, 2015, 11:44 Wowbagger_TIP

loomy wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 07:50:
let's take a poll, guys. these are the people who have used GRID and therefore know what they're talking about:

loomy

no one else? has not ONE of you blowhards used GRID? silence from the crowd.
So, how did nvidia manage to overcome the speed of light in transmitting control inputs to prevent input lag in action games?

News Comments > Magicka 2 in May
5. Re: Magicka 2 in May Mar 5, 2015, 00:23 Wowbagger_TIP

I liked the idea and the mechanics were interesting, but I found myself using only a few spells most of the time, because it was too hectic to remember other combinations quick enough for them to be useful. I liked the humor in the game too, so I may eventually pick this up if it gets good reviews.  

News Comments > Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game
1. Re: Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game Mar 4, 2015, 19:07 Wowbagger_TIP

Sounds like they didn't learn much from their Shadowrun debacle.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 4, 2015, 15:37 Wowbagger_TIP

Tumbler wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 15:11:
The most likely scenario I see is Barrack Obama giving him a full pardon as he leaves office. If I was Snowden I don't think I'd take the chance on anything less.
As anti-whistle-blower as the Obama administration has been, I'd be pretty surprised if that happened.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 4, 2015, 13:39 Wowbagger_TIP

• nin wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 12:12:
    Darks wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 12:04:
    Once he lands, grab him and toss him in the deepest darkest pit and throw away the key.

Exactly how many deaths has the information he revealed led to?
    I haven't heard any numbers, or even anecdotes, have you?

4003 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 5.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo