Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3818 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 10:41 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 20:31:
(because buying cocaine at Walmart and hiding it in an orifice is a known common practice)

You ever been to a Walmart after hours? The 24 hour ones? In the ghetto? EVERYTHING HAPPENS AT WALMART!

Anyway - I am not sure what is going on in that story.....either the story isn't right, people are lying, they had other info, or the department is seriously f-d up. Someone, somewhere along the process should have stepped in and said..."hay....maybe this isn't a good idea".

The first hospital they took him to refused to perform the searches for ethical reasons. That should have maybe made them think twice. But no, of course they went to another hospital instead, in a different county, where the search warrant wasn't even valid. I'm thinking that calling the department (and the judge) f-d up is putting it too mildly.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 8, 2013, 10:31 Wowbagger_TIP

Privacy addons aside, Tree Style Tabs is an essential FF addon for me. Couldn't function properly without it! I haven't seen anything like it for Chrome or IE.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access
6. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Nov 6, 2013, 21:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 20:35:
I'll buy it if they ever fixed the rubberbanding bug. I'd heard rumors that it jumped projects and made its way to Grim Dawn...
I played the GD alpha/beta for a bit and never saw it. Haven't really looked into anything in the forums about it, but seems fine to me.

871. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 16:30 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 16:01:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:41:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:14:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 14:41:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:57:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:51:
D-Rock, I've never seen Blue remove a post that lacked a personal insult. Are you sure yours didn't? Like Beamer mentioned, Blue tends to only moderate when prompted to do so, I guess someone reported your post, I've never done so myself.

Personally I'm against all post removal for any reason. There is another long thread on this site where some fundamentalist repeatedly called me a defender of pedophiles and other nastiness and it's still up because I'd rather it stand as a testament to the behavior of that poster.

He has Seph, he's removed at least a couple of mine that included zero personal insults at all. I've reported some of Nin's comments that are personal insults and nothing else, those are all still there.

It's Blue's site, he can moderate it as he sees fit imo, however the bias towards certain individuals is plain as day.

Given some of your posts in this thread, I think you're largely oblivious to the insults you throw out. I don't think you're a reliable judge of whether your posts contained an insult or not.

Sure thing, posts that didn't name anyone or even quote anyone. Still waiting for you to explain why Obamacare is such a great thing btw, given all the evidence to the contrary. Still waiting to see your spin on how it's so great!

This is tiresome. I've already explained that the rollout issues are not the program. Yeah, the website sucks. It'll get fixed. Yeah, some people can't keep shitty plans that don't cover anything and force taxpayers to cover them when they actually need care. Bummer. They'll get new plans. Some will pay a little more, some will pay a little less. Most folks like me have to pick a new plan every year anyway, so this is nothing new. Overall, it's better to have more people covered rather than the rest of us paying stupid amounts of money for them to be sick and get care from the emergency room.

Oh, and since you seem big on things being done by charity, here's something interesting on that subject.

LOL you're incredible, 90+ million lose their plans because they don't include things like maternity leave for males, and you dismiss them as "crappy plans"

Bagger you're flat out dishonest and it's pathetic.

On the topic of charity, the difference is it's voluntary, no one is forcing you to unlike what the liberals would like to mandate you contribute to.

No, I'm realistic. We need a baseline level of coverage, and gender shouldn't be a factor. The point is to simplify the coverage so that people know they are covered. Right now it's very difficult to tell what will be covered under a given plan.

All those people out there with those inexpensive plans are costing the rest of us a lot of money, because they pay those low premiums until they need care, then find out they aren't covered, so they get stuck with a bill they can't pay, and it falls to the taxpayer to pick it up.

Maybe you're cool with paying tens of thousands for emergency care for problems that could have been fixed early on with a $100 doctor visit. I'm really not.

That 90+ million figure for people losing their plans is bullshit too. Plans change all the time already. Rates go up every year. This is nothing new.

And yes, your charity idea is completely unworkable, as that article shows.

868. Re: removed Nov 2, 2013, 15:45 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 12:56:
Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 12:22:
RollinThunder, I really have to disagree with you on the way the media reports about racial violence. The story of the Australian man shot by bored kids ( one of whom was white iirc) was covered by all of the mainstream networks. CNN had just as many stories covering it as Fox news did; surely you are not going to say they are biased against white people too? None of these stories are swept under the rug. Some of the stories (like the Trayvon Martin one) have way more facets to cover as well as a dynamic nature since there was the lack of an initial arrest and rallies for "justice". And of course the media is going to cover every single antagonistic thing angry protesters say and do since it gets people angry, getting the other side riled up escalating the war of words and giving them more juicy shit to cover. Had those bored black teens not been initially arrested the same thing would have played out with white protests and the like. And the media would have been more than happy to cover that too.

Fair enough Prez, however I hate it that stations like NBC will doctor 911 calls to slant a news story. That isn't journalistic integrity. That's pushing an agenda.

It's a culture issue, yet everyone is too afraid to say that because they don't want to be branded racist by the left.

I don't recall you ever getting all riled up any of the countless times that Fox has pulled deceptive editing stunts, and they've got FAR more of those on their record than anyone else. Surely you couldn't possibly trust or respect Fox's reporting anymore.

867. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 15:41 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:14:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 14:41:
D-Rock, I've never seen Blue remove a post that lacked a personal insult. Are you sure yours didn't? Like Beamer mentioned, Blue tends to only moderate when prompted to do so, I guess someone reported your post, I've never done so myself.

Personally I'm against all post removal for any reason. There is another long thread on this site where some fundamentalist repeatedly called me a defender of pedophiles and other nastiness and it's still up because I'd rather it stand as a testament to the behavior of that poster.

He has Seph, he's removed at least a couple of mine that included zero personal insults at all. I've reported some of Nin's comments that are personal insults and nothing else, those are all still there.

It's Blue's site, he can moderate it as he sees fit imo, however the bias towards certain individuals is plain as day.

Given some of your posts in this thread, I think you're largely oblivious to the insults you throw out. I don't think you're a reliable judge of whether your posts contained an insult or not.

Sure thing, posts that didn't name anyone or even quote anyone. Still waiting for you to explain why Obamacare is such a great thing btw, given all the evidence to the contrary. Still waiting to see your spin on how it's so great!

This is tiresome. I've already explained that the rollout issues are not the program. Yeah, the website sucks. It'll get fixed. Yeah, some people can't keep shitty plans that don't cover anything and force taxpayers to cover them when they actually need care. Bummer. They'll get new plans. Some will pay a little more, some will pay a little less. Most folks like me have to pick a new plan every year anyway, so this is nothing new. Overall, it's better to have more people covered rather than the rest of us paying stupid amounts of money for them to be sick and get care from the emergency room.

Oh, and since you seem big on things being done by charity, here's something interesting on that subject.

865. Re: removed Nov 2, 2013, 14:46 Wowbagger_TIP

D-Rock wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:04:
Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 12:09:
And if Blue has a bias, why has he left all of the rest of yours , RT' s , and Mad Max' s posts?

You're assuming I mean political bias. You're wrong.

It all comes down to deciding who you like and who you don't like. Blue's behavior makes it clear how he feels about me. He's a poor moderator, and that contradicts the respectable attitude that's normally portrayed in in 'Out of the Blue'.

Prez, you've officially made my asshole list.
Lol! That's so meta.

864. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 14:41 Wowbagger_TIP

850. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 19:43 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 18:02:

Liberal policies always shrink the middle class, read a history book instead of trying to redefine it like your ilk always does.

If you really wanted to strengthen the middle class you'd not be voting for democrats in the first place.

I get it, you want to pick and choose certain aspects of the economy to paint a pretty picture, reality doesn't work like that.

Again you know nothing about me, stop claiming you do mr I make so much money but give nothing back. Want to pay more taxes? Go head, I doubt the government would tell you no. There you go, there's your solution! All you liberals that claim all we need to do is tax more can just give up more. Win win!

Ok, so what history book did you get this knowledge of the economy from?

I think we understand just fine that there are a lot of factors tied into the economy. That doesn't mean that you can't answer basic questions about parts of it. That you consider it all one nebulous entity where the only factors that matters are government spending and "printing money" shows exactly how little you actually understand about it.

849. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 19:35 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 17:34:
It's also quite bullshit in regards to national media coverage, most of those crimes are swept under the rug, and you'd never hear Obama chime in on those cases, the fact that you can't even come to admit there's a general liberal bias in media to begin with speaks volumes, although with how much fail Obamacare has been so far even the left leaning stations can't spin that shit in a positive light at this point.

Swept under the rug how? They get news coverage, the perpetrators were arrested, charged and convicted. You're completely full of shit.

845. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 17:27 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 16:42:
Explain to me then why we don't get mass media attention when 5 black teens kill a WW2 vet in his 80's for a whopping 20 bucks? Explain to me why we don't get mass media coverage when 4 blacks torture, rape, mutilate and kill a white couple in Tennessee? Or when they kill a white baseball player because "they were bored?" where's the mass outrage? If you for one minute tell me there's not a bias to not report massive crimes like that based on skin color, while proclaiming African Americans only as victims, like the Jessie Jacksons, and Al Sharptons of the world do on a daily basis, then you're either 1, an out right liar, or 2. You feel so guilty because slavery happened then I don't know what to tell you.

But saying all that makes me a racist obviously, because I don't think ANYONE should get special treatment based on color, and I'm a racist because I think you should be capable of being a productive member of society regardless of color. That's what racism is in America these days. It's sickening much like political correctness is sickening.

You asked this same question earlier and I gave you the answer, and you had no response to it.† Youíve apparently already purged the answer from your mind because it doesnít fit in with all the idiocy stored in there.†
The reason it doesnít make a big news splash (although it certainly did make the news, as I found out about two of those events because they were front page news on MSN.com)† is because the perpetrators were immediately arrested and charged with the crimes, as they should be.† So what exactly is your issue?

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 16:42:
This is why I keep telling you you're illogical when talking about the economy, you cannot just pick and choose what factors affect an economy to suit your bias, you either talk about EVERYTHING that encompasses an economy, or you shut the fuck up.

Who do you think buys the products or services that corporations make & provide that contribute to an economy? The poor? Only other 1%'ers? Just the middle class? No EVERYONE but especially the middle class.

How do you think government spending affects investments, that then affects job growth and growth in general? Oh whats that? Government spending doesn't matter? Just taxes matter?

This is why I hate even bringing up economy with you, because you clearly have no fucking idea how the economy actually works, or just how many factors tie into it. You just repeat over and over the same flawed liberal class warfare bullshit talking points that no matter how many times you say it, it won't ever be reality.

Youíve conclusively proven here that you know nothing about economics, and specifically you have no answer to the question that Beamer asked.† Itís not magic.† The money exists and went somewhere.† Your sputtering and blathering on about stuff you donít understand isnít answering anything.

809. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 00:31 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 22:59:
Research Log: Oct 31, 2013 15:46
Subject was observed flinging his own poo again.

LOL! Okay, I know it is a bit troll-ish, but it IS pretty funny.
Yeah, I know, but given that RT is beyond any reasoning, I was just salvaging some entertainment from this thing

792. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 16:54 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:46:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:35:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:13:
Shhhh. Don't tell Beamer the feds collected a record $2.77 trillion in tax revenue this year.

Do you understand how that's a meaningless data point?
1) What is it if you adjust for inflation? Here's a hint: it's on par with 12 years ago
2) What is it as a portion of the total US income?

Throwing out a number in a vacuum and comparing it to past years is utterly ridiculous

You say that because our tax rate is lowest it's ever been that's why we have a deficit, say "spending doesn't matter." And now say record tax revenues also don't matter, economics aren't your strong point are they beamer?

TLDR if we weren't spending so much for the sake of it, we wouldn't be in the mess we are. BUT HURP DURP Liberal logic, SPENDING DOESN'T MATTER TAX THE 1% MOAR!!!

Research Log: Oct 31, 2013 15:46
Subject was observed flinging his own poo again.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2013, 17:00.

783. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 16:03 Wowbagger_TIP

Well, I admit that I've only continued posting in this thread for my own amusement, and because I think of RT as a lab chimp. I'm curious to see how he responds to various stimuli. Observations to date have established that he usually just flings poo.  

778. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 15:02 Wowbagger_TIP

D-Rock wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:55:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:47:
It's good to know that widowed mothers working multiple part time jobs to make end meet don't have a fucking life and aren't productive members of society.

Geez Beamer -- can you lighten up for once?
Yeah Beamer! It's really a low blow to confront them with the inevitable results of the policies they advocate!

771. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:39 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:32:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:29:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:17:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:06:
D-Rock wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:03:
Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:01:
Gee, that's classy.

What's even classier is when he reminds people about it all the time.

What?
I've never, ever claimed to be charitable. I give pretty much nothing to charities. Or homeless people. Once that money hits my bank account that's my damn money, and I don't feel I make nearly enough of it to be as comfortable as I want to be.

Of course you don't, you just think others should.

Huh? That... just makes no sense...

Keep up Junior, beamer's a bleeder remember, muh underprivileged need your money to survive they're incapable of as he puts it "pulling themselves up by the bootstraps" or in other words getting a fucking life and being a productive member of society. He'd happily pay more taxes thinking it won't be wasteful spending but giving it to charity? Fuck that noise!
Charity is a band-aid on the gaping wounds that society fails to fix. Guess when charitable donations are at their lowest? Nevermind, we'll be wating all day on an answer. It's when the economy is in the shitter. Otherwise known as the time when charity is most needed. Let me know when you solve that one.

769. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:34 Wowbagger_TIP

D-Rock wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:23:
What?
I've never, ever claimed to be charitable. I give pretty much nothing to charities. Or homeless people. Once that money hits my bank account that's my damn money, and I don't feel I make nearly enough of it to be as comfortable as I want to be.

I'm talking about the fact that multiple times in this thread you've felt it necessary to make a point of the fact that you are well compensated for your work. We get it.

Lol. I believe that was due to the claims by you guys that Beamer was just jealous of wealthier people and wanted to bring them down. (Which was also an adhom, but hey that's cool)

767. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:29 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:17:
D-Rock wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:03:
Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:01:
Gee, that's classy.

What's even classier is when he reminds people about it all the time.

What?

Of course you don't, you just think others should.

Huh? That... just makes no sense...

764. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:15 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 13:15:
Why didn't the republicans argue? Because all 3 branches of government at the time were majority democrats, the ACA passed with zero republican votes, ZERO. That alone should raise a few red flags.

Right, that explains it.† Those Democrats must have redistributed the voices of the Republicans, rendering them unable to speak!† Those bastards!
Rather than do it right, he pushed through a disaster of a plan, repeatedly lied about it, is still lying about it, and refuses to take any responsibility for how big a fail it's been so far.

So far?† Itís a month in and the website has been working sporadically.† Hardly the colossal systemic failure youíre trying to portray it as.

What do you propose Bagger, we spend another 100 billion+ on more failures?

100 billion+?!?† What the fuck planet do you live on?† You canít even be bothered to find an actual value to be pissed off about, and there certainly is one.† Again, this is why nobody takes you seriously.

Please propose something that not only will cut medical costs, but still allow people to make choices that will be best for them and their families?

First of all, you make the assumption that people will make the best choice for themselves.† When it comes to health insurance, the plans are often very vague about what is actually covered, and even health insurance experts often canít tell you for sure what would be covered.† This has been well documented and reported on for many years now.† Without adequate information, people canít be expected to make good choices.† The only choice they are making based on what they can afford and how effectively the insurance company has marketed their plan and hidden the deficiencies.†

This leaves the taxpayer stuck with the bill when they inevitably need care that isnít covered.† This is why we have a baseline now for what must be covered.† Because without such a baseline, we get stuck with the bill.† So people need to provide themselves with adequate coverage, or they pay a tax for not doing so. †This is called being responsible.† †

Obamacare is kind of a half-ass solution to the problem, that gets the idea of what needs to be done, but then utterly failed to implement it because they decided to give in to bi-partisanship (even though the Republicans still wouldnít vote for it) and caved to the insurance industry.† So yeah, itís not a great solution, and yeah, they definitely fucked up the rollout.† Itís still better than what weíve had up until now, and nobody has any better ideas for fixing the problems, aside from single-payer, but OMG socialism!

753. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 12:47 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:21:
Why are you always so outright combative? This isn't about republicans or democrats, put the party aside for half a second, and please don't twist my words, there should be a limit as to what they can charge, that isn't the same as dictating what a procedure would cost, stop being like that, it serves no purpose.†
It's apparent that they didn't properly test, and that's my fault somehow? Stop making excuses for how big a failure it's been so far, and maybe post your own solutions that don't involve big government.†
Either that or just come out and admit that you're one of those government knows best advocates, because you certainly seem to be extremely reluctant to say one bad thing about how much fail it's been so far.
So tell me bagger, do you have any solutions or do you only require other people to offer them up?

Did you really just ask me why I'm combative?

Anyway, I wasn't making it about Republicans or Democrats. I simply wondered why Republicans didn't make a big issue of the plan requirements back when things were still being negotiated. How is that making it a partisan thing?

As for the IT problems, I've already said they fucked it up pretty well, and that I would love to know what happened to leave them with only a couple weeks to do integration testing, and how they thought they could roll it out given that timeframe. Not sure if today's congressional testimony will shed any light on that. I do want to know what happened.

As for solutions, I see single payer as the best option. It creates the biggest risk pool and provides the best price negotiation position. We also have many examples of such systems to learn from when implementing it. Some countries have done it well and others have done it poorly. We can use that information to our advantage.

Ultimately we are going to provide health care for everyone. The question is whether we're going to continue to do it in a most expensive, inefficient and least effective way, or are we going to do it in a way that actually keeps people healthier so they can work and contribute to the economy instead of waiting until they need expensive emergency care and are unable to contribute anything.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2013, 12:53.

3818 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo