Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3805 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard on Cheating
24. Re: Blizzard on Cheating Jun 11, 2012, 23:13 Wowbagger_TIP

Given the miserable job Blizzard did in testing the game before release, and their apparent lack of interest in doing anything to control the cheating that has been happening since day one, I sure wouldn't have any confidence in their Warden system to do much of anything to improve the situation. That would presume that they actually put significant thought and testing into it and that they'll actually follow through with enough banning to make a difference. What are the odds?

So glad I didn't buy into this game.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ken Williams Interview
6. Re: Ken Williams Interview Jun 11, 2012, 01:16 Wowbagger_TIP

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 22:41:
All the text cursor really did was pad the gameplay with frustrating "guess the right word combination" frustration. Most people still just spammed combinations of items on objects in the room until something happened. All moving to a mouse interface did was highlight the fundamental flaw of Sierra adventure games..
This is pretty much why I never got into those kinds of games. They were far too random in what would work and what wouldn't. Not really my idea of fun.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes and More
13. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 9, 2012, 19:34 Wowbagger_TIP

eunichron wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 18:00:
NKD wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 17:56:
eunichron wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 17:42:
The pots were the #1 spot for botting. You don't have to kill anything to get there, and there are no enemies in the area. You could make 40k+ gold in an hour doing nothing other than breaking pots totally unimpeded.

Oh no! 40k! We must stamp that out immediately. In two weeks, you might be able to buy a piece of gear.

It depends on who you ask, some people claim they could make as much as a million an hour, but the point is it was a nerf to try to stamp out bots, not people who were running it themselves.
With a disparity that big, somebody REALLY doesn't know what they're talking about.

News Comments > Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play
3. Re: Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play Jun 8, 2012, 21:47 Wowbagger_TIP

I really don't care about this. They'll either produce something good that I actually want to play, like Tribes:Ascend or they'll produce crap that I won't even bother with. The F2P thing is going to get bigger and more competitive. They'll either produce games that people actually want to play, or they'll fail. That's fine with me.

I even think there is a market for P2W games, as a lot of people seem to like playing them. It's just a market that I can safely ignore.

News Comments > FTL Closed Beta This Month
10. Re: FTL Closed Beta This Month Jun 8, 2012, 00:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Dev wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 23:58:
Sugarman wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 23:15:
How does stuff that looks like this get almost instant funding, and really good titles like "Nexus 2" can't even get to 1/4 of it's goal.
I think it was a combination of things, but probably timing was a big part of it. They also didn't use kickstarter, they used something else entirely. They should try again on kickstarter, they might get lucky now after the big DF kickstarter.
Maybe so. I never even heard about Nexus 2. I'm assuming it's a sequel to NtJI, which was pretty good, at least up until it became a just trial-and-error exercise to find a workable stealth approach. I remember that being about where I lost interest in what was otherwise a fun game.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 7, 2012, 23:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Just started another play-through a couple days ago. Decided it was time to upgrade the old video card now too, so just ordered a new one so I can run with all the spiffy HD mods. Now I have this to look forward to as well. Can't wait. Insta-buy for me as long as there are no major technical issues.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes
17. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 7, 2012, 10:52 Wowbagger_TIP

briktal wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 09:49:
panbient wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 06:31:
The Pyro wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 21:46:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 21:36:
No mention of interface changes yet?

For a game that's been in development for more than a decade I would certainly hope the interface was ironed out by now.

You would think so but how hard would it have been to implement a 2nd loadout for skills and weapons (kind of exactly like how you could have 2 weapon sets equipped in Diablo 2...)

Or maybe making potions auto-pick up.

Or better yet... how about making the Gems and Crafting Pages any other colour besides white when they drop.

Or maybe an option to not even display loot below a certain level. I think it gets kind of annoying to have to dump out white and grey loot I accidentally picked up while trying to collect gems and potions.

Nothing of what I just suggested is overly complicated nor hasn't already been done in either Diablo 2 or any of its derivatives.

From the AMA they did on reddit yesterday, they are planning on making potions/gems/pages a different color and also looking at adding options to filter out white/grey items.

Utterly amazing that they're just now figuring this out, given that D2 and other games have already done it. While I always thought the game was going to end up being pretty shallow, even by ARPG standards, I'm still amazed at how many things they screwed up in such a long dev cycle.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC
13. Re: On Sale Jun 7, 2012, 10:49 Wowbagger_TIP

I can't imagine much of anything besides a huge amount of cynicism driving this idea. It's like some kind of blatantly obvious experiment to generate data that will help them figure out more efficient ways to separate gamers from their money. Fuck you Peter.  

News Comments > Skyrim Dawnguard As Soon as Next Month
17. Re: Skyrim Dawnguard As Soon as Next Month Jun 6, 2012, 18:54 Wowbagger_TIP

Shineyguy wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 16:02:
Doesn't really make a difference to them. May actually make them less money as people with the game on other platforms (like me, I of course purchased the game for PC) will skip this entirely just in principle.
Yeah, I seriously doubt that any significant number of people will refuse to buy it because of that. When it's out, they'll buy it.

News Comments > Splinter Cell Blacklist PC Confirmed
12. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist PC Confirmed Jun 5, 2012, 11:35 Wowbagger_TIP

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 06:13:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 22:37:
Splinter Cell: Conviction was awful.

I wouldn't say awful at all. A step down from Chaos Theory certainly, and barely a stealth game, but as a "hunter" action-stealth experience I quite enjoyed it.

PC port was blah though. Still, better than playing on console.
I found Conviction fun for what it was, but then I wasn't really a fan of the SC games anyway, so it was pretty much stand-alone for me. I tried one of the SC games a while back (can't remember which one now), but just couldn't make sense of the stealth mechanics really. It seemed almost random whether you would get spotted or not and was just a lot of trial-and-error stuff that got boring quickly.

News Comments > WatchDogs Announced
10. Re: WatchDogs Announced Jun 5, 2012, 11:29 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 10:41:
The trailer is pretty damned impressive and there's another whole showing a different outcome which would indicate that this wasn't entirely scripted.

Looks like it has potential, but I agree with the others that it could easily go either way.

So where's this other video showing the different outcome? I couldn't find it.

News Comments > Ground Branch Kickstarter
6. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 17:58 Wowbagger_TIP

DrEvil wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 16:48:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 16:43:
That's a pretty steep goal for 3 days. Why do they need to do that? I didn't see anything skimming the KS page. Is it explained in the video?

It says 33 days when I visit the page (Deadline is FRIDAY JUL 6). Where's the 3 days coming from? I think there was a glitch in the Matrix...

Hah. Comes from me misreading apparently. Read it as June 6, rather than July 6. My mistake

News Comments > Ground Branch Kickstarter
3. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 16:43 Wowbagger_TIP

That's a pretty steep goal for 3 days. Why do they need to do that? I didn't see anything skimming the KS page. Is it explained in the video?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2012, 17:06 Wowbagger_TIP

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 14:16:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 12:43:
Had laser eye surgery on Friday morning.

Lasek in one eye and Lasik in the other because of my dry eyes. Lasik is with the flap and Lasek is the surface treatment, the same laser was used and was a very quick painless process. I'm almost 20/20 already in the Lasik eye, a few more days and I'll be there. The Lasek eye has a medical contact on and is more of a week of recovery, that eye is currently pretty blurry but still probably not as bad as it was without my glasses before. I need to put a ton of eye drops in though... 4x steroid, 3x anti-bac, 1x anti-inflam and then artifical tears throughout the day as my eyes dry.

I'm still nervous about the end results but the doctor and his staff are extremely helpful.

Nice, I had Lasik on both eyes a couple of years ago. Best money I ever spent. I couldn't see the alarm clock in the morning without putting on my glasses, and now I am better than 20/20 in both eyes.

I was freaking out for a while too because I couldn't see very well afterwards, but it healed up nice. I'm sure yours will too.

Pretty much same experience for me, except I had PRK instead of Lasik. Better than 20/20 now too. Of course the doc said that my vision will still degrade as I get older, but I really couldn't care less. I haven't had to wear contacts or glasses since then (about 4 years ago now), and life is so much better

Hope it works out as well for you Seph!

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
50. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 2, 2012, 02:16 Wowbagger_TIP

D3 launch seems more like a full-price open beta.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3 Jun 2, 2012, 01:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Aero wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 00:07:
So far, I think it's pretty damn good, actually. No port problems aside from the mouse sensitivity being a little wonky in menus (fine in game though). Very slick presentation and all that, which you'd expect from Rockstar.

Good prelim review there Aero. I loved the other games, so I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger now. Hopefully it'll be downloaded by the time I actually have some free time available tomorrow

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Beta - Monthly Driver Releases Ending
19. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Beta - Monthly Driver Releases Ending Jun 1, 2012, 18:42 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 17:06:
Except nvidia drivers offer support for games MONTHS (or at least 2 weeks) before a release, while ATI drivers happen to do that months AFTER a release. Nvidia pushes even beta updates out if a game has a popular beta out of their normal update cycle.
No idea what you're talking about, as my ATI card runs everything I throw at it. Not sure what more they need to support.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed
25. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 11:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Acleacius wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 00:44:
Didn't they do Vampires first in Morrowind and Oblivion?

Damn, got to try this Skyrim Monster Mod and New Vegas Monster Mod

There were vampires in Oblivion, and you could even become one, but nothing like that monstrous thing in the video. That's new.

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Revealed
23. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 11:23 Wowbagger_TIP

Seems like there's about a 90% chance this will suck. Oh, and just noticed this: "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance". Really? That's what they're calling it?  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Beta - Monthly Driver Releases Ending
17. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Beta - Monthly Driver Releases Ending Jun 1, 2012, 11:20 Wowbagger_TIP

My last few cards have been ATI. Aside from one that eventually had some sort of hardware issue and wouldn't go into 3d mode anymore (happened after I had already replaced it and put it in my wife's PC), I haven't had any problems. I just try to buy good cards and I don't upgrade my drivers unless I need to, and only after I do a little checking to make sure there are no major issues being reported for the current version.

I'm planning to buy a new card soon, and I'm on the fence now about which one to get. I usually buy a mid-range card, so there are good ones from both companies right now.

3805 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo