Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3806 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
12. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 14:21 Wowbagger_TIP

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 14:15:
Luke wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 13:19:
talk to kotaku but not the d3 forum ok ok

So many of your posts are like fun little riddles. I'm thinking "what is he trying to convey here" with your short little sentences with words that don't quite fit together.

Seems pretty obvious. He's annoyed that they will talk to Kotaku, but not answer these questions in the D3 forums where actual D3 players are asking them.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Curt Schilling on 38 Studios' Demise
6. Re: Curt Schilling on 38 Studios' Demise Jun 22, 2012, 13:08 Wowbagger_TIP

fujiJuice wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 12:22:
Not a hypocrite at all...

We were founded here, in Massachusetts, and it’s where we would love to stay, and grow. But (and there’s always a but) our first responsibility and priority will always be the long term health of the company and the companies families. To not explore and pursue these conversations with other cities would be the height of negligence on our part, and that’s just not going to happen.

These people trust us to do right, and as leadership we will.

So no, we aren’t out shopping ourselves, we are doing what any business would in its early stages which is planning for the health and well being of its employees, and the long term health of the company. Given that we currently employ almost 160 people and that number is conservatively projected to grow by 2-3 times in the next 24 months, in this economy, we’ve become a desirable asset for any city trying to create jobs.

So contrary to written reports I’ve never said or will say “give us tax credits or we bolt”. I don’t work that way, and we won’t as a company work that way. The company is financially healthy, the publishing deal we recently inked with EAP means our first product (Mercury) will get to market when it’s ready, on time and on budget, and Copernicus is growing daily in ways that seemed a pipe dream just 3 short years ago.

Not sure how any of that means he's not a hypocrite...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
2. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 12:30 Wowbagger_TIP

I don't know exactly how it all works, but I think there's a difference between authorizing a purchase and fully processing it. Basically they don't want anyone to be able to buy the game with their card, do whatever they want for a couple days, and then Blizzard finds out that they have disputed the charge on their card or something and they don't get paid.

News Comments > EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire
65. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 22, 2012, 02:06 Wowbagger_TIP

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 19:09:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 14:49:
Verno wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:30:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:02:
He did say they were going to change that though, right? He seemed to be eating crow on that one in the reddit forums as I recall.

Sure, to his credit he owned up to it and took responsibility for overriding the team. Unfortunately it still remains unchanged. They seem to be able to hotfix nerfs almost at will but making positive changes to the game is glacial. Normally in the past these things arrived together in a patch so things would offset each other a bit but now they are just feeding the perception that they want the game to be punishing and work-like, only allowing the player to enjoy themselves in a narrow controlled manner.

The more I hear about this game, the more it seems like you need to have some serious masochistic tendencies to really want to play it...

Not really - you could play 5 characters through 60 up until inferno and it would present a fun challenge without being too bad. That's easily 100 hours worth of gameplay if you like the click click click kill and loot style of game.

At this point and time, ya inferno is rough and it does feel really unfair at times, but I don't know if I'd say that was a proper way to judge the game as a whole.

The loot system just seems very un-fun from everything I've heard so far, and it seems to be getting worse rather than better. Of course, to be fair, I just want to play single-player anyway, so all the inconveniences this game sets up to make that more difficult also detract from its appeal.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer
24. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 22, 2012, 02:03 Wowbagger_TIP

Wow. I just got to use the Ignore feature for the first time. Always considered myself pretty tolerant. Maybe it's just been a long day...  

News Comments > Refunds for Some Korean Diablo III Owners
32. Re: Refunds for Some Korean Diablo III Owners Jun 21, 2012, 20:16 Wowbagger_TIP

Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 17:27:
Flatline wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 14:22:
If we decided that internet was a national resource and that every single person in the country needed to have state of the art internet, we *could* do it in a generation, easily. It'd just take a lot of effort and a lot of money.

Rock on. I'll count on you to pony up the money necessary, then. Oh, wait... you meant someone else's money!

Every dime to create infrastructure comes out of someone's pocket, either through taxes or charges. You can tax some people to pay for someone else's infrastructure (the reason that this country is so messed up: the don't and won't dos are subsidized by the already have dones) or you can raise the prices to pay for the individual services that people receive.
So, you're saying you're against infrastructure spending? So you wouldn't have been in favor of things like the interstate system or railroads, or electric and water service?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week
16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week Jun 21, 2012, 14:56 Wowbagger_TIP

Still not going to pre-purchase this. If this is their idea of a stress test, that's kind of disturbing. I'll just wait for release to see if this turns out ok, or if it ends up being a D3-esque clusterfuck.  

News Comments > EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire
61. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 14:49 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:30:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:02:
He did say they were going to change that though, right? He seemed to be eating crow on that one in the reddit forums as I recall.

Sure, to his credit he owned up to it and took responsibility for overriding the team. Unfortunately it still remains unchanged. They seem to be able to hotfix nerfs almost at will but making positive changes to the game is glacial. Normally in the past these things arrived together in a patch so things would offset each other a bit but now they are just feeding the perception that they want the game to be punishing and work-like, only allowing the player to enjoy themselves in a narrow controlled manner.

The more I hear about this game, the more it seems like you need to have some serious masochistic tendencies to really want to play it...

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event
7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 21, 2012, 01:38 Wowbagger_TIP

The Pyro wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 22:32:
I've had more fun with ME3 multiplayer than I expected I would. It reminds me Unreal Tournament's Invasion mode. The gameplay does get dull once you've tried most of the classes and you've unlocked some better guns. However, it's nice that they keep having these weekend events because not everyone purchased the game at launch. This way new players still get a shot at easy rares.
Unfortunately the weapons, movement and general gameplay aren't nearly as fun as Invasion.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
45. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 21, 2012, 01:19 Wowbagger_TIP

Lokust wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 16:48:
I think if they had put up a kickstarter with donation packages in these three tiers a lot more people would be thinking it was cool. For some reason some folks think it's greedy of them to offer these directly. The legendary package is obviously not a great value, but represents an investment in the game - and being in the game's credits as such reflects that.

I don't have a problem with their business model, I just think their prices are too high for what you get. I might have been tempted to buy in now if they had been more reasonable. But, instead, I'll just wait and see how things turn out...

News Comments > Enter the Dominatrix Cancelled; Saints Row 4 Next Year
32. Re: Enter the Dominatrix Cancelled; Saints Row 4 Next Year Jun 21, 2012, 01:16 Wowbagger_TIP

Razumen wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 19:15:
Flatline wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 16:54:
I'll take SR2 & 3 over GTA4 if for no other reason than "NIIIICO EEETZ YOUR COUSAIN!" phone calls every fucking 8 minutes.

It also didn't help that the PC port of GTA4 was absolute balls.

Yeah, if they could ever make a decent port, I might actually buy it. I hate playing any sort of shooter on a console. Owell, maybe GTA5...

News Comments > Enter the Dominatrix Cancelled; Saints Row 4 Next Year
13. Re: Enter the Dominatrix Cancelled; Saints Row 4 Next Year Jun 20, 2012, 11:10 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 10:54:
nin wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 09:42:
I'm a little worried here...I hope this change doesn't cause SR4 to be pushed out the door, sooner rather than later (IE this expansion becomes SR4). The fact that THQ is hurting and needs hits quickly doesn't help matters...

Fingers crossed, nervously...

Yea, I would love more of the same - but I didn't buy any of their DLC - it just didn't make sense to do so. I am still waiting for a 1.00 sale on Steam of the DLC packages that matter, not the skins, etc. Would really hate to see these guys tank, as I have really enjoyed all 3 games.

Yeah, I love SR3, but haven't picked up the DLC yet either. Figure I can get it cheap during the summer sale.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
34. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 20, 2012, 03:07 Wowbagger_TIP

I have no idea if I'll actually like the game or not. I'm going to wait and see how it turns out. That said, all of you making accusations of P2W are basing it on nothing really. The only info we have shows that you'll earn XP/C-Bills faster, so you can unlock different mechs and such.

Haven't seen anything that would actually give you an advantage in the game, and not one of you has pointed to any actual evidence of that.

Just wanted to point that out.

News Comments > Penny Arcade 3 Trailer
6. Re: Penny Arcade 3 Trailer Jun 19, 2012, 17:55 Wowbagger_TIP

I liked the first two, mostly for the humor. I'll definitely be getting this one as well. Love all the cameos from the strip characters  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Specs; Founders Program Tomorrow
23. Re: MechWarrior Online Specs; Founders Program Tomorrow Jun 19, 2012, 17:29 Wowbagger_TIP

Kastagir wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:56:
That's like saying that people should buy a game solely for the multi-player when a single player campaign is provided. I'm sure there are many who bought games like SC2 with this in mind, but I'm not one of them. F2P or not, I still have to buy the game, and I'm not a fan of multiplayer-only games. So I'm not sure there will be much interest for someone like me.

I think you're confusing F2P with non-subscription, like Guild Wars. F2P doesn't cost you anything to play. You don't buy the game, you don't pay a subscription, you just buy stuff from their shop if you want, but it's not required. Perfect system for trying out a game.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 20
5. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 20 Jun 19, 2012, 17:26 Wowbagger_TIP

I just watched some PS2 videos. Looks incredible! Can't wait for it now. I missed the first game, but I have high hopes for this one.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 19, 2012, 17:23 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:09:
Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:44:
So although GMR is "certified for use," the Army doesn't actually want to use it. And the system isn’t done costing the government money. While the Army waited years for GMR, it spent $11 billion more on “legacy” radios based on technology from the Cold War. As Ward pointed out, the Army may yet pay billions more to get the radios it actually needs—just as the war in Afghanistan is winding down.

It never ceases to amaze the rest of the world how the American taxpayer continues to let themselves get fleeced by the military-industrial complex. Simply boggles the mind.

Well, maybe because here my effective tax rate for last year (for both me and my wife) was 9.84%, and when I lived back in Holland my effective tax rate was 38%.

Yeah, the government is wasting money, but they do that everywhere. At least here they have LESS of my money to waste...

Creston
How'd you manage that? My effective tax rate is 17.6% for federal income taxes, and that's not even accounting for sales tax, property tax, etc.

News Comments > Cyberpunk Learns Learning from The Witcher
5. Re: Cyberpunk Learns Learning from The Witcher Jun 18, 2012, 20:04 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 19:51:
So in other words they're dumbing it down for the masses for more sales. Oh well, so much for that.
Only if you consider hours of trial-and-error to be somehow "smart". There's nothing wrong with explaining how things work in the world they're building. Now they could do things to actually dumb down the gameplay, but there's nothing in this statement to indicate that that's what they're doing.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
43. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 17, 2012, 15:29 Wowbagger_TIP

I may have to buy a new TV soon, and I'm already dreading the research for it. I have a 61" Samsung DLP TV in living room. Over 5 years old now. It just randomly turns itself off all the time. Doesn't seem to be a heat thing, because I can turn it back on and it will sometimes run for hours after that. Sometimes it won't though. It seems pretty random.

Already had to have the entire light engine replaced in it (thankfully it was still inside the extended warranty period for that). Not sure if it's worth it to try to have it fixed. Have to pay for someone to come out. They may not even find the problem.

Now it seems like various types of LCD and a few Plasma models are the only contenders out there in that size. Maybe I should just keep waiting.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 16
11. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 15:18 Wowbagger_TIP

Gruntstein wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 14:37:
I bet a decent amount of these booth broads are strippers or call girls, BUT OH GOD THEY'RE WEARING AN ELF BIKINI AT A VIDEO GAME CONVENTION THE HORROR. I'm against this shit because it's lame, not because it's sexist.
If there were no booth babes, then it would just be wall-to-wall fat, sweaty nerds. Gotta break up the hideousness a bit.

Honestly, though, I don't really care about it. I'm never going to go to the shows anyway. It's not worth the money or vacation time. So whatever works for them to show off their stuff is fine with me. Hopefully the gaming journalists (and I use that term very loosely for most of them) can get past all that and get some actual info on the games out to us.

3806 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo