Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3840 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 27, 2012, 23:15 Wowbagger_TIP

Pretty good. Hope they keep doing those for other games too.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues
27. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 19:00 Wowbagger_TIP

Watched some Guerilla mode vids, and it looks kind of lame really. You have one stealth round for every 10 rounds where you basically secure a new "base" to defend. Then the next 9 rounds have you defending it against an ever-increasing number of enemies who will come from all sides. You have a little time to re-arm after each wave, but there's no Gunsmith available in that mode to customize your weapons, so you're just stuck with what you get from the re-arm crates. That was a dumb decision IMO.

It seems to just get very hectic very quickly and you're just trying to cover all sides at once as they try to come in all the various entrances. Not a lot of fun really. I'd rather see a pure stealth mode where I can try to take out a whole area without setting off an alarm. Maybe it's fun co-op, but I don't play multi much, and there isn't any matchmaking anyway apparently.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 11:38 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:01:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 22:38:
Dragon Age 2 is on Amazon, anyone know if you need Origin for it? Would rather throw it in Steam. F Origin.

Thanks for mentioning that. I'm sure I'll get 5 bucks worth of entertainment out of it.

Creston
Just pay someone $5 to punch you in the face. It'll be over quicker that way and you'll have time to play a good game.

News Comments > TERA's $25 Horse
14. Re: TERA's $25 Horse Jun 27, 2012, 11:22 Wowbagger_TIP

Viz wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:45:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:26:
nin wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:05:
Nothing blizzard hasn't already done.

edit: Not that that's a good thing...

Unbelievable that people buy that crap. So glad I never played WoW...

No one is forcing you to buy it. I'm pretty sure that your current mount will not become obsolete because of this addition.

lol... my current mount??

edit: I do, however, have a pretty nice chair... No wings or anything on it though...

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2012, 11:34.

News Comments > TERA's $25 Horse
2. Re: TERA's $25 Horse Jun 27, 2012, 10:26 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:05:
Nothing blizzard hasn't already done.

edit: Not that that's a good thing...

Unbelievable that people buy that crap. So glad I never played WoW...

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Jun 27, 2012, 00:09 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 00:04:
Dades wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 23:00:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 22:38:
Dragon Age 2 is on Amazon, anyone know if you need Origin for it? Would rather throw it in Steam. F Origin.

It doesn't require Origin but not playing the first game is practically a requirement if you want to finish the experience without a lot of regret.

I have the first one on Steam - thinking I will grab this at such a low price....guess it comes with the DLC via the bioware website? Black Emporium or some shit?

$4.99 USD. For 5 bux, big whoop.
http://gamerdeals.net/
Save the $5 for the summer sale and buy something good!

News Comments > Endless Space Begins Next Month
10. Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month Jun 26, 2012, 18:06 Wowbagger_TIP

everyone wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 15:30:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 15:14:
I've wondered about the Evochron games. Have never really heard anyone say much about them. Tempted to maybe pick one up, but have never quite pulled the trigger on it. Afraid it will suck I guess.
They come with a free trial, so that shouldn't stop you.

Definitely a lot more sim-like than Tie Fighter or FS2. The training section is a firehose. Will give it a try later once I have 90 minutes of undisturbed time to focus on it.

News Comments > Endless Space Begins Next Month
8. Re: Endless Space Begins Next Month Jun 26, 2012, 15:14 Wowbagger_TIP

gilly775 wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 14:45:
Wildone wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 12:26:
If people play this shit, why wont they just make a good next space sim shooter?!!

Probably because this is a 4x game vs. a space shooter. Two different genres here....

But, the Evochron series by Star Wraith games is pretty fun

I've wondered about the Evochron games. Have never really heard anyone say much about them. Tempted to maybe pick one up, but have never quite pulled the trigger on it. Afraid it will suck I guess.

News Comments > 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet
6. Re: 2nd Skyrim DLC Not In Production Yet Jun 26, 2012, 15:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Hopefully they're also working on another patch for Skyrim to fix the dialog problems they caused with the last one.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 26, 2012, 00:06 Wowbagger_TIP

Sepharo wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 23:33:
Cutter wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 22:49:
Send it into Blue alredy but in case anyone can't wait till tomorrow!

PlanetSide 2 -- E3 Theater Presentation

Damn those are some pretty impressive stat pages. And I say that not sarcastically.

No kidding. I just keep getting more excited about this game

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Details
6. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 25, 2012, 23:59 Wowbagger_TIP

They seriously need to lower the prices on their packs, but of course they can't do that now that people have already bought in. They're just way overpriced though. I'm gonna wait and see what the game is like at release. Not buying in early on this one.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 25, 2012, 23:54 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 21:32:

Fuck I hate sharepoint...someone in our company got sold on it, and it's been pushed ever since.

I hear ya. I'm living in Sharepoint hell right now. All because someone thought that it was just a good solution for any problem. I'm giving serious thought to quitting my job at this point.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Penny Arcade Episode 3
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Penny Arcade Episode 3 Jun 25, 2012, 23:51 Wowbagger_TIP

Bradley wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 23:00:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 21:07:
Despite being a fan of PA and the style/idea of this game I don't know if I really want to play a classic JRPG.

I really wanted to play a classic jrpg, but this isn't really "classic" enough for me. Auto heal after battles, enemies get stronger after ever combat round (wtf? makes no sense), no real inventory (you own 1 copy of each item that can be used X times each battle, and you never run out). While graphically it looks like a classic Final Fantasy game, it does not play like one.

That actually sounds pretty cool, and I'm a PA fan anyway. Owell, there goes five bucks. I said I wasn't going to buy anything else until summer sale, but I guess I'll make an exception.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Delayed
39. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 23:40 Wowbagger_TIP

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 19:15:
Check this out. Rather than noisy cooler fans they actually spin the entire heatsink at 2000RPM, which they reckon is about 30 times more efficient than current cooling systems. The added bonus is that you don't get any dust build-up. Allthumbsup

That was pretty cool. Wish they had spent some time explaining how the heat transfer actually works. That was the first thing that occurred to me when I saw it, but they just kinda glossed over that part, right after saying it was the most difficult thing to figure out.

38. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 23:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Axis wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 20:24:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 17:34:
Axis wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 16:34:
I don't use Win Vista/7 unless it's required. DirectX had nothing to do with it's horrid controls.

If a company can't implement solid controls that veteren PC users expect - it's in the garbage bin no matter what else the game features.

A good majority of people these days have no idea what PC controls are supposed to feel like - they are just as happy to put on an xbox controller and call it amazing. These same people would load up a game of quakelive and quit within a few minutes convinced everyone was hacking or just annoyed at how terrible they are then blame the game.
I was gaming before mice were even used for FPS games, so let's cut the bullshit "people these days have no idea" nonsense. There was nothing wrong with the control system for FC2. As for the "I don't use Win Vista/7 unless it's required" statement that just means you don't play games as they're supposed to be played - heck, you can't even run games like BF3 on XP. Anybody that still uses XP for gaming has zero credibility. Still, I'd expect nothing less from someone with a post history as questionable as yours.

FC2 had plenty of gameplay issues - most of which have already been mentioned - but the PC version was excellent. It was well optimised, had superb graphics and DX10 features exclusive to PC, it had excellent controls, it had incredibly short load times and aside from the overly elaborate menu system (which was a design decision not an issue) couldn't be faulted. Initially it didn't allow you to change the FOV but that was patched in and was changeable manually beforehand. You can complain all you want about the game but don't spread bullshit lies about control issues.

So you were one of the nubs using a keyboard in QWTF crying "CHEATERS!!" while I was mouse hunting you over and over...

Google is your friend, use it. Try "far cry 2 mouse problems" and shut the hell up about 'my lies'.

And you sound like a complete moron when you disregard XP. Newsflash genius - it's STILL the best system for gaming on. 11 processes, 140m pf usage. I'll bet your Vista/7 system has a minimum of 30 processes running on bootup, most of which you don't even know what they do, all of which you had no hand in optimizing.

Grow up butthurt boy, don't get all defensive about your lack of dissecting facts - it only makes you look more stupid.

Play with XP all you want, it's going away whether you like it or not. I like Win 7 with all the RAM I can stuff in it because I can (and almost always do) have several large memory consuming apps running in the background while I take a break to do some gaming. So I can play Skyrim without a hitch and then go right back to what I was doing before. Try that with your puny XP Mwahaha

27. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 17:21 Wowbagger_TIP

ItBurn wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 16:42:
I've personally never had any problem with the game. Sure it had some flaws, but come on. It was a fully open world with non-linear gameplay, exploration, you could play the way you wanted and it had a ton of crazy and original features like the insane fire and foliage destruction effects.
I guess you guys would rather have call of duty 58, the wonderful 100% scripted shooting gallery. I'm sure it has no bugs.

Yeah, all that cool stuff is nice, but when the game has so many annoying features that it's just not fun to play, it's not really a good game.

19. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 16:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:21:
Kythlyn wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:15:
Far Cry 2 is STILL a mess on PC. Bugs everywhere.

I didn't really put much time into FC2, what specifically were the problems? Just curious, I vaguely remember the respawning enemies being obnoxious and hated the malaria implementation but that was more my opinion than actual bugs.
Yeah, I don't really remember any bugs, just a lot of really annoying gameplay design decisions that made it feel like the game just wanted to make me quit. The fact that those things couldn't be changed or modded out was probably the most frustrating thing about it. I played it for a little while and then moved on to something fun. Too bad, because it had a lot of potential. Hope that designer never gets involved in another FC game.

Annoying things, off the top of my head:
  • malaria crap

• respawning enemies (I just fucking killed you 2 minutes ago!!)

• ridiculously frequent and repetitive car chases

• omniscient enemies

• BS "secret mission" crap to justify everyone trying to kill you

• interface still felt kind of console-y (minor thing.. but still)

• This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2012, 16:14.

News Comments > Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near
    10. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 16:01 Wowbagger_TIP

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:16:
    Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:14:
    deqer wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:42:
    Although their "Meet the *" videos are nice, the game TF2 still remains to be overly balanced to the point of being handicapped with it's newbie classes like Spy, or it's random critical hits mechanism; it's just so boring now because there is no sense of skill or control or dominance when you have so many shit random factors like that in the game.

Hahaha come on, in what universe is Spy a newbie class? It is one of the most difficult classes to play effectively and requires a lot of foresight and strategy. Opposition teams are well trained to shoot first on many servers so you have to effectively imitate other players, their routes and know where what class will be when which requires a well rounded understanding of class balance in general. You also need good timing and instinct to pick your goals to best help the team, not to mention a bit of luck.
    deqer's definition of a newbie class is probably "whichever class usually kills me in something that I think wasn't a fair fight." He probably imagines that spies just walk around cloaked or disguised, killing whoever they want instantly with bacstabs.
    No kidding. I've tried playing a spy occasionally, but I've found that I don't have the patience for it. It really is a difficult class to play well. I see lots of really lousy spies though, and they tend to get repeatedly killed in humiliating ways on most servers

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 25, 2012, 13:14 Wowbagger_TIP

I still use Winamp, but find myself listening to Pandora stations more often these days.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2012, 13:10 Wowbagger_TIP

LurkerLito wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 11:31:
    My biggest complaint about it is that it's only console, so my PS3 is the only way to play it. I'd LOVE to have this on PC running at a better resolution, with a significant increase in drawing distance with reduced pop ups and faster loading.

I tried the 360 demo, but hated the controls. I'll wait and see if it ever comes to PC. I hate playing anything that requires aiming on the console.

3840 Comments. 192 pages. Viewing page 36.
    < Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo