Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3859 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Molyneux's "Game" Next Month
23. Re: Molyneux's Jul 8, 2012, 00:04 Wowbagger_TIP

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 7, 2012, 18:24:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 7, 2012, 13:38:
Like people bidding on lost luggage.

At least there you could have a lucky day and find dozens of gold bars, in a game, whatever is at the end could never measure up to a real thing. Unless it is a deeply moving story....

What if it's a new car or a trip? It's not like the prize couldn't be real world, right? If he's smart he has something intriguing to pay for.

Is a car or trip really something "life-changingly important"? I think he's just up his own ass.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: Peter Mostlybull Jul 7, 2012, 13:31 Wowbagger_TIP

Maybe it's a life lesson about the consequences of paying for stupid shit on the Internet.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Molyneux's "Game" Next Month
14. Re: Molyneux's Jul 7, 2012, 02:48 Wowbagger_TIP

I really don't know what this whole thing is going to prove, other than that there are a lot of mentally ill people in the world. We already know that. Peter is actually a pretty good example, now that I think about it.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Rewards Borderlands 1 Vets
8. Re: Borderlands 2 Rewards Borderlands 1 Vets Jul 7, 2012, 02:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Jerykk wrote on Jul 7, 2012, 01:13:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 22:05:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 22:03:
Most games you uninstall keep the save files in the documents folder somewhere.
I deleted mine since I wasn't planning to play again anytime soon, and if/when I do, I would start a new char. Owell, maybe I can download some save game files somewhere...

Do Borderland's save files take up an inordinate amount of space? Because if they don't, I don't really see any reason to delete them.
I occasionally go on a HD cleaning binge, and anything that resembles clutter gets wiped. Just so I don't have a million folders for ancient stuff hanging around. It's how I've learned to combat my long-standing tendency to be a digital packrat. Sacrifices must be made.

If it's as simple as just starting a new game and creating a save file, then that should be no problem. Hopefully that will work.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Rewards Borderlands 1 Vets
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Rewards Borderlands 1 Vets Jul 6, 2012, 22:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 22:03:
Most games you uninstall keep the save files in the documents folder somewhere.
I deleted mine since I wasn't planning to play again anytime soon, and if/when I do, I would start a new char. Owell, maybe I can download some save game files somewhere...

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Jul 6, 2012, 21:18 Wowbagger_TIP

ASeven wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 16:23:
How about you stop putting words in my mouth and how about start reading what you reply to and stop inventing bullshit I didn't write or infer?
And by "infer" you mean "imply".

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Jul 6, 2012, 14:38 Wowbagger_TIP

Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 12:54:
That's how I feel about most of the guys saying World of Goo, Super Meat Boy and Crayon Physics equal Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenshield or Quake. I know that's a terrible comparison but it's the first thing that pops into my head when I read people claiming these small new titles are the second coming.

Some exceptions I can think of are Mount and Blade which I got a lot of value out of, hmm, maybe Frozen Synapse? I guess ArmA is indie too..Galciv?. But seeing a little indie title showing up on steam get comments sections flooded with "boy oh boy oh boy this is a return to gaming of old screw the publishers!" is laughable.

How does saying I want good high budget titles make me a hipster? I want a return to large publishers with budgets who give a damn about producing good AAA titles. I'm not arguing for the "little man" while wearing a sideways green commie hat and playing something simplistic stupid on my ipad.

Some of the kickstarter projects with their larger budgets show promise as having real depth being more than just indie platformers\puzzle games.

I actually agree with you, and that's probably why I'm so happy about the kickstarters that I've contributed to. I'm really hoping for some good games to come out of that. I like the little simple ones sometimes when I just want to kill a little time, but they don't really hold my attention like I'm hoping Wasteland 2, Shadowrun, Grim Dawn and the other KS games will.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Double XP Weekend
6. Re: Max Payne 3 Double XP Weekend Jul 6, 2012, 14:33 Wowbagger_TIP

PHJF wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 13:58:
Haven't managed to slog my way through the campaign yet. Having a story-driven game is fine and all... if the story doesn't suck. All these Michael Mann cutscenes are fucking pointless.
I finished the campaign last weekend. I liked the story, and I think it still felt very much like Max Payne. I didn't even mind the cutscenes all that much, although I wish the option to skip would work more often. I kept getting the "still loading" message all the freaking time, even though cutscenes that were a few minutes long.

The only things that I really don't like are the way it constantly screws with you by switching your active weapon after a cutscene ends. I can understand it sometimes when it's about to start one of those bullet-time scenarios, but it does it all the damn time, even after it drops you into the middle of a clusterfuck.

Oh, and I want my grenades and molotovs back!

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
67. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 6, 2012, 10:54 Wowbagger_TIP

Elessar wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 10:45:
I felt the same way about TL1's music too. Sounded a lot like the Tristram theme in a cartoony world. I may have to just disable the music altogether because of how unfitting it is. It's great music, just doesn't jive with the game.

Oh and btw, I think the reason they delayed TL2's release was because they were revamping the skill system based on feedback like yours from the beta. Let's hope it works out.

My concern is that they are apparently revamping the skill tree, but they don't seem to be planning to beta test those changes before release. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2012, 23:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Tom wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 23:46:
Sounds like people had way overinflated expectations for this game. I got pretty much what I expected and certainly my money's worth out of it. Yeah, it's dumbed down. Yeah, the lag-susceptible online-only can be a pain. But I still had fun.

Face it folks. Big budget games are not going to build on the complexity and greatness of their predecessors. At least, as a general rule. Dumbed down, but polished with high production values is the new status quo for the higher quality big budget games. $$$ > soul
The sad thing about it is that it doesn't even really seem like a big budget game. I think that's what is so mind-boggling about it. In development for like a decade, and this is what they come up with? Something that seems like they threw the core gameplay design together over a weekend? Just sad...

News Comments > Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today
8. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Ends Today Jul 5, 2012, 13:04 Wowbagger_TIP

Just noticed that the Ground Branch KS is going to end in about a day too. Looks like they're not going to make it. Bummer.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules Jul 4, 2012, 13:56 Wowbagger_TIP

Zadig wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 13:20:
That sounds utterly meaningless.
It probably means something to someone there, but the question is whether their interpretation of it will actually make a fun game or not. It's far too easy to rationalize things after the fact and make whatever you did fit the criteria, or at least make an argument that it does. Then it's just a difference in standards between you and whoever else is evaluating it.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
20. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 4, 2012, 13:53 Wowbagger_TIP

deqer wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 13:51:
rist3903 wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 13:38:
This morning, I picked up a lvl 51 ring, with 21minutes remaining in the auction, that I know was worth over 20 million gold along everyone elses up above, and I won it for 25 thousand gold. this ring alone will make my hell game playable, (100 STR, 120 VIT, Attack speed 6% , crit chance 4%, socketable)

Thats a killer ring, man. Grats on getting that.
Yeah... a killer database record with a bunch of integers in it.
And that's different from any other game, how? Maybe a gaming site is not for you...

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Drivers
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 17:28 Wowbagger_TIP

eunichron wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 15:25:
Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 14:08:
So, let's get some opinions in here of the 'real world' improvements. I'm curious if anyone sees any kind of speed enhancements with older cards, like my HD5770

I'll be getting a huge real world improvement over my HD5870 soon when I buy a 670GTX. I was a huge Nvidia fanboy since my GeForce2, and the 5870 was the first time I deviated. Despite what an awesome card it is/was, I think I'll be going back to Nvidia.

An aside, whatever happened to hardware roundup reviews? You know, when reviewers would get 10+ pieces of the same hardware from different vendors and pit them against each other to find out which was the best bang for the buck, highest performing, most stable, what have you. They seem to be non-existent these days.

I usually just go with the best bang for buck, but also factor in cooling/quietness. I think I've only stuck with AMD/ATI because I've had good luck I guess. Despite the fact that I play a lot of different games, I rarely have any trouble from my vid card. I just upgraded from my old Radeon 4870 to a 7850 (Asus DirectCUII) and it kicks much ass. Runs cooler and quieter than my old card too.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops
16. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 16:26 Wowbagger_TIP

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 16:13:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 16:04:
Haven't played D3 beyond the demo, so I have no Inferno experience. How does it compare to the endgame plans for Path of Exile? Is Inferno any fun? Is there any variety to it, and does it change much?

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-06-26/dev-diary-maps

Inferno... is a frustrating experience, imo. Diablo 3 is fun for non-AH users from Normal to Hell mode, while Inferno requires some SERIOUS farming time and/or possible Auction House use, after Act 1. Still, a bit of a challenge is probably better than no challenge at all, and Act 1 Inferno is doable with purely dropped/crafted gear, I know this from personal experience. With the drop rate increases as listed in this thread, I can conceivably farm Act 1 Inferno enough to progress through the rest of the Inferno Acts.

Path of Exile... I played the closed beta, it seems entirely too boring to me to play long term. Still, it's only beta, maybe the game will improve, and they at least seem to have SOME plan for end game, even if it is sort of ripped off from Torchlight 1. I am definitely going to be keeping an eye on PoE, but currently it's a worse experience overall than Diablo 3, in my opinion.

Still, there are more choices coming out for the Hack and Slash crowd:

Grim Dawn, Lineage: Eternal, Torchlight 2, and as you mentioned, Path of Exile. Grim Dawn and TL2 seem promising to me.
I got bored with PoE a while back too. Then they ratcheted up the challenge a couple patches back and introduced more characters and skills, which actually made a pretty big difference. Of course playing only Act I and most of II repeatedly can get old. When they finally add in the story elements and the other acts, I think that will help too.

I played the TL2 beta, but it didn't really grab me like I hoped. Have to see what it looks like when they release. They are supposedly going to be changing the skill tree stuff, which I found terribly boring. I think they should continue the beta after those changes, but apparently they don't agree.

I contributed for Grim Dawn, so definitely looking forward to that one.

News Comments > Funcom Plans LEGO Minifigure MMOG
10. Re: Funcom Plans LEGO Minifigure MMOG Jun 28, 2012, 16:19 Wowbagger_TIP

1AngryGamer wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 15:44:
Their games are running because they are free to play
Being free to play doesn't keep them running though. People buying stuff or them going into debt keeps them running. Not sure how much of each is occurring though.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 16:15 Wowbagger_TIP

RailWizard wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 14:37:
..and MegaDouche goes free. Tho MU is still toast, and he must have a killer legal bill....so torn on all this heh.

Being a douche will never be illegal, because, well, look who makes the laws... I'm glad that this case came down in his favor, because the alternative is just much much worse for everyone.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops
12. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 16:04 Wowbagger_TIP

Haven't played D3 beyond the demo, so I have no Inferno experience. How does it compare to the endgame plans for Path of Exile? Is Inferno any fun? Is there any variety to it, and does it change much?

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-06-26/dev-diary-maps

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month
10. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 01:49 Wowbagger_TIP

spindoctor wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 00:08:
Techie714 wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 22:34:

I'd really like to see some more single player DLC I can careless about the MP part of the game...

I enjoyed the game too. Unfortunately, there won't be any single player DLC at all. They've already detailed out what the DLC packs are going to be, and apart from one, they're all multiplayer related. The one that isn't is called the New York minute co-op pack which kind of sounds interesting, but that's it.

Lame. I couldn't care less about multiplayer.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 27, 2012, 23:15 Wowbagger_TIP

Pretty good. Hope they keep doing those for other games too.  

3859 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo