Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3843 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Sale Day Seven
47. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 21:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Dev wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 20:33:
Good ole valve. This whole sale they haven't been putting very appropriate graphics on the front page for some of the flash/daily/vote sales. Like right now, it says L4D, and most people seeing that would assume its L4D1. They should say L4D franchise.
Yeah, I've noticed a few of those too. No idea how they let that happen.

Just saw GalCiv II Ultimate on sale. I've been wanting to pick that up forever, but have never had the time/interest coincide with a sale before. Five bucks though? Sold.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Campaign 58 Hours
14. Re: Borderlands 2 Campaign 58 Hours Jul 19, 2012, 20:03 Wowbagger_TIP

I mostly stick to SP gaming because I can play my own way and at my own pace, pause whenever I want, etc. But this is one of those games where I actually would like to try co-op. Might have to bug some folks here to try that when it gets released.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
61. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 19:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 19:07:
Dades wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 18:38:
It's a Blizzard game, they had almost two decades of good will and brand power to work with. It would have sold no matter what.

Exactly. So what are other developers going to learn? I'm not defending D3, I'm just saying from a business point of view any company wishes they made this game.

Other developers should recognize that they don't have a practically ancient and beloved brand anywhere near the scale of Diablo to work with. Then they should recognize that if they try to pull the same crap, they're likely to fall flat on their face rather than sell millions of copies. People gave it a chance because it was fucking Diablo. A whole lot of those people feel like they got screwed because the game has nowhere near the staying power of the previous game.

They were so concerned about the game's economy that they forgot to make it fun. It's like some kind of Korean pure grind game now. I don't give a shit about the game's economy, I want a game that is fun and where I can find lots of cool, interesting gear to play with. This is not that game.

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Kickstarter
8. Re: Shadowrun Online Kickstarter Jul 19, 2012, 17:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Julio wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 16:54:
Tablet game...hey its going to be the first Win8 exclusive game!

It sounds like a steaming pile though.

It very well may be, but since it's F2P it won't cost me anything to give it a shot.

News Comments > Dishonored Interview
2. Re: Dishonored Interview Jul 19, 2012, 16:50 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 13:58:
"There have been too many sequels, and too many established IPs that have been ruling the market. And a lot of them are war games. And they're great projects and great entertainment, but there's a lack of variety today," he tells them. "So, when you step out of this established genre, people cannot grasp it, or the press tries to find a match." He seems to suggest the solution to this lack of variety in games would be more "historical [sic] realistic" games like theirs: "And too bad there are not; I was expecting there to be 20 games like this."
I never like it when developers "talk up" their game by talking down others; whether or not he is right is really irrelevant to me. Tell me what's good and different about yours, not what's wrong with the rest of gaming. Of course, it's obvious his innocent-sounding surprise is a thinly veiled attempt at highlighting his game's uniqueness, which is fine, but don't be a douche. That's just me.

Didn't really come off that way to me. He wasn't really putting down the other games, but rather lamenting the fact that the industry hasn't created anything else of note with the sort of sci-fi-ish "what if" historical fiction approach that we saw with Bioshock. Seems pretty legit to me. I lament the current state of gaming and all the same-y games out there all the time.

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Kickstarter
6. Re: Shadowrun Online Kickstarter Jul 19, 2012, 16:40 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm sure I'll check this out when it's done. It's Shadowrun, so I have to at least give it a chance. Don't really have high expectations for it though, and I'm not sure if I want to even contribute to the KS.  

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
38. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 16:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 14:21:
I think most would agree that ActiBlizz could have taken a shit in a box and slapped the Diablo sticker on it and it would have sold 7 million plus copies.

That isn't what they did for Diablo 3?

Sorry - can't help myself lately. Having a serious hate-on for Blizzard with how badly they fucked up my Diablo. Maybe I'll eventually get over it, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

Maybe that's the end game

News Comments > Steam Sale Day Seven
39. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 16:11 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 14:39:
Holy crap. Repeats ARE EVEN CHEAPER! Witcher 2 is a sure deal now!

Is it? I bought it for the same price last weekend.

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth Adding "All Heroes Free" Mode
1. Re: Heroes of Newerth Adding Jul 19, 2012, 12:52 Wowbagger_TIP

Well that will make some people happy, and piss off a lot of others who paid already. I doubt the token appeasement they offered will make much difference.

I've never actually played this game, or any other MOBA really, except for a few weeks of LoL.

News Comments > Fortnite To Use Online DRM?
20. Re: Dumb Jul 19, 2012, 12:14 Wowbagger_TIP

I would appreciate it if everyone would stop saying "super fun".  

News Comments > On Sale
24. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 17:46 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 13:18:
Stalker series for $11 doesn't seem bad, but I could never stick with the first one...I've yet to find an indie bundle that I don't already have 2-3 of the games. If someone missed out on LA Noire, now would be the time...
I couldn't really get into the first game. The respawing and general emptiness just made it hard to stay engaged I think. Haven't tried the other two. Did they get any better?

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Progress Report
12. Re: Torchlight 2 Progress Report Jul 18, 2012, 01:04 Wowbagger_TIP

The changes sound good, and based on my time with the beta, are very much needed. I think the game will be a lot better when it's released. I'm still skeptical of their decision not to have another beta after making some fairly major changes though. I guess that's the new thing though, we're all paying beta testers. It's gotta be a lot better than D3 at least, right?  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Videos
2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Videos Jul 17, 2012, 15:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Just waiting for the beta to start now...

News Comments > Diablo III Game Limits Returning
41. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 15:38 Wowbagger_TIP

eunichron wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 14:12:
KS wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 14:04:
leading to a reduction in its price, and of comparable items.

Except that's not what's happening. The "enterprising people" aren't generating more items, they're generating more gold, which is causing rampant inflation due to the rate at which bots can introduce new capital into the system. Regular, i.e. non-botting, players can't keep up.

Drops and gold seem to be limited in the game due to farming going on. This is to protect the online economy, but makes the game terribly boring for those that don't want to use the AH/RMAH. Even if they do want to use them, the rampant inflation makes it a ridiculous grind to get enough gold to buy stuff. Seems like players lose either way.

News Comments > On Sale
37. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2012, 11:35 Wowbagger_TIP

mch wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 11:06:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 11:00:
dangit! Batman beat out Witcher 2 - would have been the perfect price point! ugh. Guess I need to wait. That is the 2nd time it has been up for vote I think.

I thought it already won once? I think it was down to $15.

I should have bought it...but convinced myself not to because The Witcher keeps crashing on me at one point in Act 3...and I can't finish it

It did go on sale on Saturday. I picked it up for $15.99. I suspect it will be on sale again before the week is out.

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2012, 03:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Pretty slow sale for me so far. This is all I've grabbed:

Warlock + DLC
Trine 2
The Witcher 2
Borderlands DLC
Saints Row The Third DLC
Frozen Synapse Red DLC
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate (for the DLC)
Red Faction Guerrilla

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2012, 00:41 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 00:17:
If it's still on, btw, Fear3 for 5 bucks is very, very good value. It's a solid shooter, even though the story becomes quite a bit naff. (yes, far more than in the first two.)

I quite enjoyed playing it.

Is it similar to FEAR 2? I loved the first game and hated the second, so I never really paid any attention to the third.

So glad I passed on Space Marine now too. Thanks for the info!

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Details
2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Details Jul 13, 2012, 12:51 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 11:54:
Awesome, been waiting for this one. A bunch of us joined Trev's C22 outfit if anyone else is looking for a home in PS2.
Oh yeah, I actually signed up on their forums, but haven't put in my recruit request yet. Have to do that when I get back on Monday. I just got a beta key yesterday!

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears
32. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 12, 2012, 18:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:14:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:05:
Wow... I finally got a key! Just had to bug them some more this morning. Guilting them for making me join Twitter seemed to work

I've sent 5 now starting last night and continuing today. Still nothing.

Took me 8 total to get the key. Keep trying!

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Trailer
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Jul 12, 2012, 14:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Great trailer Really looking forward to this one. Hope they do a better job with the interface this time!  

3843 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo