Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3859 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent
7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 11:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Got mine from Twitter too. Had to bug them several times over a couple days, but finally got it. Gotta be persistent, but not annoying, or just lucky  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! 2
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! 2 Jul 31, 2012, 00:08 Wowbagger_TIP

I played through the first one and it was fun. Didn't go for all skulls because that got far too tedious, but OMD2 looks like there's more variation with the different upgrades you can get.

I still can't get sound to work in the demo. Tried deleting and redownloading it, but it still doesn't work. Thinking of trying the disreputable version to see if I can at least play the game if I buy it.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 30, 2012, 00:22 Wowbagger_TIP

Esoteric wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 22:47:
Picked up OMD 2. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow. Hopefully there's really interesting/varied builds with all the new upgrade paths.

If I could ever get the damn sound to work in the demo, I might be tempted to pick this game up. Right now I get nothing though. It's bizarre.

News Comments > INVERSION on Steam
16. Re: INVERSION on Steam Jul 28, 2012, 16:22 Wowbagger_TIP

After watching some of the gameplay videos, it just looks terrible. I don't mind a typical shooter + gimmick type of game. I had a lot of fun with BulletStorm. But this just doesn't even look fun at all. The shooting aspects are pretty bland, the gravity gimmick looks annoying rather than fun, and the graphics are pretty much par for the console course, which is to say they suck. It really has nothing going for it. I bet it's going for $5 in the Steam Xmas sale.

News Comments > Universal Monsters Online Closed Beta
1. Re: Universal Monsters Online Closed Beta Jul 27, 2012, 22:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Oh boy, YAMOBA.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September
60. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 27, 2012, 12:55 Wowbagger_TIP

Yakubs wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 12:02:
kgub wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 11:45:
Well, Beamdog/Overhaul Games is a small and relatively new company so how likely can this be?

This project is like a no-name singer releasing a cover version of Avril Lavigne's 2002 smash hit "Complicated," charging $2 to view the video on Youtube (alongside all the other cover versions you can watch for free), and justifying it by saying, "Oh, we're just getting started here... please support us so we can make something actually worth your money."

Yeah, no thanks.

Come on, that's not true. It's more like a cover of a good song. But the rest of what you said applies

I think the fact that this will be released on mobile platforms is probably the best thing going for it. I probably won't get this for PC, but I could see maybe getting it for something to do while I'm traveling.

Anyone that thinks that buying this is going to lead to a new BG game for the PC is just deluded though. At most we'll end up with a new BG mobile game.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2012, 13:06.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo
14. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 27, 2012, 01:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Stormsinger wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 19:24:
It may -offer- a demo, but I, at least, can't get it to actually download. I get an error saying something about "no subscription".
Had the same problem. I restarted Steam and it worked fine after that.

That TB video was cool, but damn, he's terrible at the game.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2012, 12:52.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
54. Re: Differences Jul 26, 2012, 17:43 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 18:26:
Oh sure most candidates will make bogus promises that goes for any of them. Though in the case of Obama pretty much every promise he made was the biggest load of shit the second it came out of his mouth, problem is people are such idiots in this country and have been fed the whole "the democrats are for the people" line so many times, they eat it up like candy at this point.

I don't like Mittens either, I didn't like his bs here in Mass, but if voting for him gets Obama tossed out on his useless ass I'll do my duty.

At the very least The Mittler has business sense rather than fantasy land pipe dreams.

Did Obama kick your dog or something? You have seemingly endless hatred for him, but have yet to give any real specifics about what he's done as president that has been so horrible. You just keep making snide remarks and offering no substance. Seems unhealthy.

As for promises, I really wish we had people keeping track of previous presidents' promises, because I'd love to see how they stack up, but Obama is certainly being watched and graded, and it's not nearly as bad as you claim:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

On the subject of believing in myths, the Republicans being the party of responsibility and accountability and integrity, blah blah blah, is also ridiculous. Scandal after scandal, vast amounts of debt incurred, 2 wars on the country's credit card, economy sent into tailspin, the list goes on. Pretending that either side can be described in such general terms is just crazy. Some individuals in Congress are good people, many are not, and many more are just idiots who shouldn't be there at all, except that they convinced even bigger idiots to vote for them, largely by pulling BS promises out of their asses. Who's actually keeping track of those for them?

Romney may have some business sense, but it's not like he's ever been in a position where he didn't have vast resources, connections and political influence to help him get things done. It's nothing even remotely like starting your own business, and half the crap he says about small businesses and their owners is just flat out self-serving bullshit.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 25, 2012, 13:53 Wowbagger_TIP

I wish everything would just go to USB3 micro jacks.

52. Re: Differences Jul 25, 2012, 11:21 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 10:48:
It more speaks to his inexperience in being a good leader, which he isn't, and how naive he was in most of his "Yes we can" bullshit. When you have voters thinking Obama is going to pay their mortage, and beliving the man is going to have a tranparent presidency when in reality it's been nothing but, you know there's a bit o confusion.

IMO forcing any service on US Citizen's is unconstitutional. Period.
The only real problem with the constitutionality of the bill was that they tried to avoid calling the penalty a tax. USSC fixed that and said it's a tax. We've already decided, as a country, that nobody will be turned away from medical care. You show up at an emergency room, you get treated. It's that simple. This bill actually tries to get more people chipping in to pay for that instead of making only those of us with health insurance pay for it, along with the government, as is currently the case.

So, since we've already decided that universal health care is a right, we have to ask why we've implemented that in the most wasteful and expensive way possible. The health care bill takes some steps in the right direction to improve it, but still falls far short of where we need to be to get costs under control. For all the whining from the right about health care rationing by Obama, that's exactly what the Republicans are practically demanding. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so scary. The level of cognitive dissonance within the GOP is just staggering.

As for being a good leader, I think he's done ok. It's a matter of opinion, of course. I don't think Romney would be better. He's the biggest flip-flopping, finger-in-the-air type of politician we've seen in a while. He criticizes one day, then tries to take credit the next. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, Obama may have been naive in some of the promises he made, but I don't think there's a president who's ever lived up to all of their campaign promises once elected. Once they get into that office, everything changes. They get more information, have to decide on things in very great detail, and then live with the consequences. How much detail have you heard from Romney on anything that he wants to do? Easy answer: almost none.

I'm not happy having to choose between a D and an R again. I wish there was another choice. As it stands though, right now Obama is the only one that has given any specifics on what he will do. Romney, so far, has only criticized and offered no real new ideas or details on what he would do differently. We only get vague things like repealing Obamacare or letting the wealthy keep more money. No explanation of how he would handle the obvious consequences of these things. It's one thing to have an applause line or two, but that seems to be all he has.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2012, 11:40.

News Comments > Star Conflict Open Beta
3. Re: Star Conflict Open Beta Jul 24, 2012, 23:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Haven't seen any real gameplay videos, except one that was in Russian. Where are they?

Game looks decent. Not sure how much depth it has though. I may give it a try.

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
15. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Jul 24, 2012, 19:01 Wowbagger_TIP

Just read through the patch notes for the big patch that came out this week, and now I really want to get back in and play some more. They've made some big changes, and a LOT of smaller changes that I've been wanting for a while. Tons of good stuff in this one.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/39492

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
6. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Jul 24, 2012, 14:12 Wowbagger_TIP

Undocumented Alien wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 13:44:
I don't mind an online OPTIONAL component, I just don't see a valid reason why it has to be ONLINE ONLY (same as D3, outside of game design).

I see that they are going with a F2P model with Cash Shop which is fine, but I'd rather just pay them $50 and be done with it. If they want to have an optional B.NET like component that is funded by a cash shop (for ongoing maint, etc) that would be awesome and I would support it when I was home and could play smoothly. But I'm just not digging this direction of online only (especially non-MMO) with ARGP's which require smooth control to do well (target, etc). Even on my FIOS connection (and < 100 ms Ping) D3 bounces me around, it's not acceptable. Economies for games are a joke, D3's economy is already dead.

I'll help them load up the server and stress it, check the game out, but I'm not keen on supporting this direction for any game company, there ARE still ARGP's coming out with SP/MP options, they'll need to see some love so things like that will continue.

I hope this game is fun and hope that people who don't care about always on for non-MMO's enjoy it, but doesn't mean that because I won't support it that it is beating a dead horse. I am dissapointed to learn that it's online only.. another ARPG that I probably won't support and there are so few as it is.

I'm not wild about the online-only aspect either. Wish there was at least the option of playing offline, even if it's a completely sandboxed character that can never be used online.

That said, I have other things I can play when I travel, and the game works well for me from home. I think the only things that D3 really does better than PoE are animations and environment interaction, but the game still looks pretty good. New patch just came out that includes the new skill tree and the endgame map content. I'm looking forward to jumping back in to see if I can improve my Shadow character with the new tree. He was kinda gimped by the old one.

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
58. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 24, 2012, 05:42 Wowbagger_TIP

flechett3 wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 04:31:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 01:39:
Seems like there's plenty of ARPGs coming out now though. Torchlight 2, Path of Exile, Bordlands 2, Krater, Grim Dawn, and I think I'm leaving a couple out still...

I'm hoping TL2 is a big leap from 1. I got into the PoE closed beta, it gets really blah. Sorry, but infinite dungeon killed it for me. I'll probably play through Borderlands 2 one time, just like I did 1. I liked it, but the linear gameplay, the fact that there were invisible walls everywhere, and places you can see but have to backtrack to after you've opened more of the plot up killed it for me (which seems like it goes against the linear complaint, but really it doesn't). I've only seen a bit about the last 2, I recently got married and moved, and I'm stealing shoddy wifi while waiting on EPB to come hook me up with some Fiber.

What do you mean by "infinite dungeon" in PoE?

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
55. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 24, 2012, 01:39 Wowbagger_TIP

flechett3 wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 01:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 18:07:
Yeah because Hellgate London worked out so well. Oh wait.

I ordered a copy online to be delivered on release. Somehow, I would up with 2 copies. I still have an unboxed still-in-shrink-wrap copy of Hellgate. I really wanted to like the game, because I loved the concept and I knew Roper had his mitts in it. Still kinda bummed that more people aren't investing in the action-rpg genre. It seems like it's all story driven (Mass Effect series/Dragon Age series) or the combat isn't real-time. So few games now give you the thrill of new amazing loot swarming over you while you cut a swath of death through the overwhelming numbers of bad guys...

Seems like there's plenty of ARPGs coming out now though. Torchlight 2, Path of Exile, Bordlands 2, Krater, Grim Dawn, and I think I'm leaving a couple out still...

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 23, 2012, 22:52 Wowbagger_TIP

One can only hope that DayZ attracts all the griefers from elsewhere so that the rest of us can play our games in peace  

49. Re: Differences Jul 23, 2012, 19:30 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 18:14:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 15:48:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 14:15:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 00:47:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 22:26:
I realize who passes a budget. The two Obama have submitted to congress got zero votes on either side of the aisle. What does that tell you?
That Congress is full of retarded monkeys? Seriously, most of those guys are idiots. I wouldn't trust them to mow my yard. Not saying the budgets were great, but Congresscritters not voting for them doesn't actually tell us a damn thing.

Oh right I forgot, noone understands Barry's genius. Not congress or the voters or anyone else. He's done pretty good for himself, the community orginizer that he is.

Nothing you said there makes a bit of sense. You must have a lot more respect for and faith in Congresspeople than I do.

You're aware that his first budget proposal got voted out 414-0 right? Barack Obama or Barry to his buds, who's supposedly a constitutional lawyer yet proposed and somehow got passed an unconstitutional health care bill, and who's prior experience to being a state senator was that of a community organizer in what is prolly the most corrupt state in the US.

I mean it's pretty hard to be a big a failure as Jimmy Carter was, but somehow Obama has managed. Honestly for as bad as Junior was, Obama makes him look good and that's pretty sad.

Yeah, now you're pretty much off the deep end. First of all, you may recall that the USSC determined that the health bill is not unconstitutional, and it was upheld in its entirety. Even though I'm not really happy with the bill, the current system is worse and the Republicans didn't do jack about it with over a decade of control, so they can just quit whining as far as I'm concerned. (In fact, the last time they actually did try to do something, back in the 90s, it looked a lot like the current law, individual mandate and all.)

You keep trying to make "community organizer" sound bad. Try making arguments with actual substance to them rather than these vague, hollow attempts to denigrate. There's plenty of things to not like about him. Maybe come up with something factual and specific at least?

46. Re: Differences Jul 23, 2012, 15:48 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 14:15:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 00:47:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 22:26:
I realize who passes a budget. The two Obama have submitted to congress got zero votes on either side of the aisle. What does that tell you?
That Congress is full of retarded monkeys? Seriously, most of those guys are idiots. I wouldn't trust them to mow my yard. Not saying the budgets were great, but Congresscritters not voting for them doesn't actually tell us a damn thing.

Oh right I forgot, noone understands Barry's genius. Not congress or the voters or anyone else. He's done pretty good for himself, the community orginizer that he is.

Nothing you said there makes a bit of sense. You must have a lot more respect for and faith in Congresspeople than I do.

News Comments > Minecraft Patent Lawsuit
44. Re: Minecraft Patent Lawsuit Jul 23, 2012, 01:23 Wowbagger_TIP

Dev wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 00:25:
Kajetan wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 16:07:
Dev wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 15:51:
That last line is just giving ammo to his opponent.
What ammo?
Go read that last line in blues blurb again. You don't think someone could argue thats defamatory in court?
I don't see anything there that could be considered defamation (specifically libel). Shouldn't be a problem for him.

News Comments > Skyjacker Kickstarter Ending
21. Re: Skyjacker Kickstarter Ending Jul 23, 2012, 00:51 Wowbagger_TIP

Dev wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 00:23:
As I said, there's no harm in backing it for a few bucks if it won't make it, since you won't get charged, AND you will get a free music album out of it.
Yeah, I went ahead and kicked in for $25 just to help out. Game looks so-so to me, but probably good enough to be worth that much. Doesn't look like they'll make it anyway though. I really thought my cash would put them over the top

3859 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo