Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3798 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > TF2 Mann vs. Machine Live
21. Re: TF2 Mann vs. Machine Live Aug 16, 2012, 14:50 Wowbagger_TIP

DG wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 14:41:
Far as I can tell -
Q: What is Mann Up Mode?
When you play Mann vs. Machine on an official Mann Co. server, this is called Mann Up Mode. Mann Up Mode allows you to earn special item rewards and track your progress through various Missions. To enter Mann Up Mode, you must possess a Tour of Duty Ticket.

Q: What is a Tour of Duty Ticket?
A Tour of Duty Ticket gives you access to Mann Up Mode, and can be purchased from the Mann Co. Store for $0.99. You do not need a Tour of Duty Ticket to play Mann vs. Machine on non-Mann Co. servers (i.e.: not in Mann Up Mode).

- basically translates into "optionally, pay $0.99 to play on a Valve official server".

Is that ticket a one-time purchase that gives you unlimited access or what?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic
3. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 11:14 Wowbagger_TIP

So they made a whole expansion out of Kung Fu Panda?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details
12. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 16, 2012, 00:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, looks like no playing tonight. Can't connect to the server manager thing for the new mode. Guess I'll try again tomorrow  

10. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 22:29 Wowbagger_TIP

TF2 just started downloading the update for me. Should be playable soon!!

2. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 13:57 Wowbagger_TIP

When does this go live?  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 15, 2012, 10:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Didn't Max Payne 3 already do that?

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2012, 01:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Jerykk wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 23:38:
Sadly, it is often a lose-lose situation for PC gamers. If we buy the crappy ports, the publishers get the message that it's okay to make crappy ports. If we don't buy the crappy ports, the publishers get the message that there's no PC market for their games. Publishers with lots of experience on the platform are less likely to believe the latter, since they have examples of PC games that sold well. However, given Namco's inexperience with the platform, I wouldn't be surprised if they misconstrued Dark Soul's failure as a lack of interest from PC gamers rather than a lack of quality on Namco's behalf.

Seems bizarre that they are incapable of reading reviews and forums to see what people hate about their game. But then I've never worked for one of these publishers. They could be run by monkeys in suits for all I know.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Tomorrow
13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Tomorrow Aug 15, 2012, 01:12 Wowbagger_TIP

Kosumo wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 00:55:
I'm going unemployed beggar, though will most likely end up a sex worker.
Oh of course. Sex worker is so OP.

Anyway, I'm gonna wait a month or so and see how things pan out before deciding whether to take the plunge.

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition
1. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition Aug 14, 2012, 19:42 Wowbagger_TIP

LOL? Laugh2

News Comments > TF2 Mann vs. Machine Update Wednesday
27. Re: TF2 Mann vs. Machine Update Wednesday Aug 14, 2012, 14:58 Wowbagger_TIP

DG wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 13:27:
Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 08:38:
For the life of me I don't understand peoples fascination with Horde mode. The AI is always bad and the mechanics are mind numbing in their simplicity.
Sometimes I come home from work and want something that is as far as possible the opposite of a hard day's work: mindless, non-frustrating, easy gratification.

That said, I'm struggling to recall a good horde game other than L4D segments.

There used to be an Unreal Tournament mode/mod like this. Can't remember if it was UT or UT2K4 though. Was a lot of fun back then though.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2012, 14:50 Wowbagger_TIP

mag wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 12:17:
I'm torn. From hasn't done a PC port before, and if this one doesn't sell they'll never do it again.
If they don't do it again, then no great loss. Yeah, the game may be good, but when they release unplayable crap on the PC, they're still not gonna get my money. They know what they did wrong. If they want to release on the PC in the future, they know what they need to fix. I'm not going to pay them for doing it completely wrong.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2012, 13:18 Wowbagger_TIP

Article summed up in meme form:

Step 1: Buy crappy PC ports
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Awesome PC ports for everyone!!

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2012, 11:16 Wowbagger_TIP

ItBurn wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 11:12:
Man, I completely disagree. Don't buy the game. Developers DO know that it didn't sell well because it was a shitty port. This is always a big concern internally for companies and a lot of companies also plan accordingly. Don't buy the game. If they don't want to cater to PC gamers, others will fill the void and they'll get all our money and we'll get much better PC games.
Exactly. I'm not throwing away my money on a crappy port. That doesn't encourage publishers to create good ports, it simply rewards them for half-assing on the PC version. They'll realize this on their own, it's not like the reviews don't mention it or that the forums won't be full of posts about it. If they don't get it, then good riddance. I just won't be buying from them.

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Kickstarter Homestretch
8. Re: Shadowrun Online Kickstarter Homestretch Aug 14, 2012, 00:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Jerykk wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 22:51:
I actually thought the prototype videos looked pretty cool. However, I'm not a big fan of MMOs and the business plan doesn't inspire much faith. If you pay $25, you don't have to pay any microtransactions for the original campaign. But how much content will that campaign actually have? They've stated that they will release additional campaigns further down the road, with each costing ~$40-50. Until I know how much content will be in the OC, I'm not willing to lay down $25.
Pretty much this ^^

I was completely on board for Shadowrun Returns, but I just can't see putting money on this one with what they've told us so far. Since I assume they would have told us more by now if they had anything to offer, I don't hold out much hope for this being worth it.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 DLC Coop Mode Dustup
19. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Coop Mode Dustup Aug 13, 2012, 16:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 14:27:
Again, Rock Paper Shotgun (a pretty reputable PC centric site) went through Gearbox's claims with a build near gold and verified them
Got a link to the RPS story? I can't find it on their site, but would love to read it.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
94. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 12, 2012, 22:51 Wowbagger_TIP

RailWizard wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 22:46:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 22:10:
Thanks for the armchair psychology lesson Dr. Phil. Maybe we should discuss your irrational belief that those whom you disagree with must be mentally defective?

Only those that are, Springer.

Thanks for validating my theory there. Nothing left to discuss here. I'm done.

92. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 12, 2012, 22:10 Wowbagger_TIP

RailWizard wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 18:56:
Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 12:13:
"Being gay is normal. & Being gay is not a choice."Wrong. I don't care what anyone says, you or the egghead community. If you insist that it is, let's see the proof. Show me the 'gay gene'. You can't because it's bullshit.

As a gay man I will never stop finding this hilarious no matter how many times I see it.

Yep, I totally chose to be part of an oppressed demographic that has to constantly deal with people like this telling me I'm a sub-standard human being while treating me worse than other people at the same time.

I mean, how does anyone actually think this works? Do some kids in school have secret meetings once they get to a certain age where they weigh the facts vis-a-vis vaginas versus dicks and come to a conclusion on which is better?

Lots of people are always looking to be victims. Especially in the US with your 'sue your problems away' mindsets.

You might say "But a mentally stable person would never do that!", and that's what I'm saying. You aren't.

Neither are the misguided people who defend you so fervently. They are the reason people want to be victims in the first place. They have irrational need to defend people(by oppressing opposing views, hello witches.) and if they can't find someone that deserves it, they will make one up.

Your country is 21 flavors of fucked. This is just one little facet of why. Actually it's more of a symptom I'd say. (only referring to the US cuz according to one douchewad, that is the subject in this topic..)
Thanks for the armchair psychology lesson Dr. Phil. Maybe we should discuss your irrational belief that those whom you disagree with must be mentally defective?

81. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 12, 2012, 16:55 Wowbagger_TIP

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 12:14:
Beamer wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 11:06:
It isn't because I disagree with your point of view, it's that your point of view is de facto disrespectful. You're arguing that other people deserve lesser rights than you. Why should anyone respect that?

You've stated that before, and I asked for quotes that prove it. You can put up, or be a liar.

You have repeatedly made the point that the problem here is that gay people don't hide it well enough rather than the problem being the assholes that bully and abuse them. Yes, there will always be assholes, but that doesn't mean it should be acceptable, and the fact that non-hetero people are targeted so frequently makes it quite obvious why they'd want a safe place to game.

66. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 12, 2012, 00:56 Wowbagger_TIP

RailWizard wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 00:02:
heh yes feign ignorance now. Do ignore that you just made a statement speaking for a particular group. Are you that group? If not, then how do you know?

People are killed because of their race and religion faaaar more than any other groups. They also like to have their little 'safe' groups, and I disagree with that too. Thanks for asking.
First of all, we're talking specifically about the US here. What happens in other fucked up places in the world is not relevant to this issue, as this has to do with US culture. In the US, gay people face more abuse, including violent abuse, than just about any other group. FBI hate crime statistics show nearly 20% being based on sexual orientation. Religion beats it out, but just barely, and that includes all religions. Race accounts for nearly half, but again, spread across all races. So, as a group, non-heterosexual people face a rather exceptionally high amount of hatred in this country.

As for speaking for a group, I don't see why I need to be in the group to see the hatred directed at them all over the place. I'm sure one day it will be different, but for now, they face the kind of prejudice that other minorities have faced in the past. Sad that these things have to be repeated because of petty, bigoted people.

64. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 11, 2012, 23:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 23:51:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 23:43:
Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 23:01:
Ohhhhh... how perceptive of you. You've foiled my diabolical plan by carefully discerning my "bigotry." How about you explain it to everyone else? With quotes! Because otherwise, if you can't directly quote where I have blindly held to my beliefs without hearing or addressing the opposing viewpoints (that being the definition of "bigot"... sound familiar?), then your entire screed is nothing more than your own delusional projection.

I look forward to the quotes.
I'm not bothering to pull the quotes. Anyone who cares to can go back and read what you wrote. You seem to think it's fine for Chick-Fil-A's CEO to speak against gays, but bad to boycott them because of it. You've made several comments about how gays being open about their sexuality are inviting the abuse. You concede a point about how incidental comments can out someone as gay, but then simply dismiss it, claiming they shouldn't have their own gathering. Try making a decent argument that isn't bigotted on its face.

Game. Set. Match.
My thoughts exactly. You just go on ignoring the arguments and spouting your nonsense.

3798 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo