Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3789 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2013, 19:56 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 16:33:
Linksil wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 14:49:
$60 is the normal cost for a game these days, just get over it.

That's for games that still need to make all their money back. These games have already made their money back before they were even made. Why do they need to be sold at $60?

Most Kickstarter games (if I didn't back), I'll pay 20 or 30 bucks for, and that's it.
Making a profit on it means they can maybe fund development of another game without doing a KS, or at least without needing to fund the whole thing through KS. Maybe they can get a good chunk of it done ahead and have something to show when they ask for more funding.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
24. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2013, 01:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 16:37:
The only hope for America is to get rid of all these lousy asses on both sides (of which are the vast majority) and get people like Cruz and Lee who actually have a clue and real passion to go along with it.

They scare the fk outta libs and repubs both, and for good reason.
Because they're fucking nuts? The enemy of my enemy is not my friend if he's also my enemy. Those guys are not going to do anything good for the country. They just have a different plan for how to fuck things up in a way that suits their unbelievably insane base.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2013, 12:38 Wowbagger_TIP

I think they did a lot of good articles and reviews. I don't really share the negative sentiment about Ben's writing. Sucks that they're going away. Hopefully they land somewhere else and continue doing good work.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2013, 00:12 Wowbagger_TIP

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 13:38:
I'm using waterfox now, I usually have a lot of tabs open and I find it's faster than vanilla firefox. I want to like chrome with its speed but I can't bring myself to switch so google can slurp up even more of my data.

TreeStyleTabs is the FF add-on that makes life tolerable for me with my ridiculous tab addiction. I currently have 183 tabs open

News Comments > Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch
14. Re: Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch Dec 3, 2013, 13:14 Wowbagger_TIP

MisterBenn wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 12:33:
The network / netcode issues still need to be mentioned, the desync problem remains in place and there is no plan to work on it specifically. I'm pretty sure it's a business model issue, the bandwidth consumption is aggressively streamlined in order to support the free to play model. Some things like the position of the player, mobs and bosses are predicted and actually synced with the client many seconds apart in some situations - as a resync happens you will frequently see that you were attacking thin air or you were a screen away from where you thought you were and being hit from all sides without defending yourself. Part of playing Path of Exile in the permadeath leagues is to accept that this WILL bite you at some point and it WILL leave you wanting to uppercut your monitor across the room!

Most HC players use an AHK "/oos" macro to force resync (I do this in non-HC) and bind it to a key or mouse button.  I don't think the issue will ever be fixed due to the fact that they seem to have no intention to ever trust the client for anything.  That's great when it comes to preventing cheats, but sucks for preventing desync issues.  They would probably have to get rid of their accuracy mechanic and just accept what the client thinks is a hit as a hit, thus opening things up to possible exploits.  It would also require a lot of rework of the skill tree, items and overall balance.  I wouldn't count on this ever happening.

That said, the game is still quite fun, even though I refuse to play HC for this reason.  I'm not a very good player yet, but I started a new char in the Domination league (lvl 53 now iirc).  It was weird starting in a new league from scratch.  Joining a guild helps if you have members that will contribute gear and gems to the guild stash.  It's usually better than nothing.  Hoping to get to Merciless tonight or tomorrow, assuming I can get past Piety and Dominus.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2013, 23:22 Wowbagger_TIP

The fact that the MPAA and other corporations and groups have consistently abused the takedown system that was put in place doesn't leave me terribly sympathetic to their complaints.  

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Dec 2, 2013, 23:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Ghola wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 22:50:
How is RS 2014 66% off? Am I missing something?
I just want them to hurry up and fix the DLC from RS 2012 so that I can buy those songs for 2014. They gotta fix it now!!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2013, 18:01 Wowbagger_TIP

mixma242 wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 17:44:
Guys, take your pointy tin foil hats off.

How did you know my hat is pointy? How could you know that?! You're one of them aren't you?!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2013, 21:15 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 18:52:
nin wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 15:43:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 15:41:
Florida woman in warning-shot case released.

I can't believe they released her! She broke the Stand Your Ground law. You're not supposed to WARN the person, you're supposed to SHOOT them! There's no way she's getting out of this one.

I'm not sure if you're /sarc or not (I'm kind of out of it at the moment), but the issue is mandatory sentencing, and how she got 20 years for firing a gun that didn't injure anyone. That's nucking futz...

Yeah I was being sarcastic. Was trying contrast it with the Trayvon case. I agree 20 years for that is insane. Also too, she's black so higher conviction rates and sentences statistically.

The Martin case wasn't even a SYG case though. The prosecution just seemed to be incompetent or uninterested in winning. They could have had a good manslaughter case at least, but they just screwed things up badly.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 11, 2013, 18:41 Wowbagger_TIP

NKD wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 17:18:
Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 12:54:
Well how fucking smart can these dumb-ass kids be if they're using social media with their real names and information to begin with?

It's not quite that simple anymore. A lack of an identifiable social media presence is sometimes seen as suspicious in and of itself. It's utter bullshit that it is that way, but it's becoming increasingly true.

Admissions departments in schools and HR departments in companies are always looking for new and creative metrics they can use to reject you.
Seeing that as suspicious is kind of dumb. It just shows that someone is at least smart enough not to put their personal information online in a public forum.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 12:29 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 12:10:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 10:41:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 20:31:
(because buying cocaine at Walmart and hiding it in an orifice is a known common practice)

You ever been to a Walmart after hours? The 24 hour ones? In the ghetto? EVERYTHING HAPPENS AT WALMART!

Anyway - I am not sure what is going on in that story.....either the story isn't right, people are lying, they had other info, or the department is seriously f-d up. Someone, somewhere along the process should have stepped in and said..."hay....maybe this isn't a good idea".

The first hospital they took him to refused to perform the searches for ethical reasons. That should have maybe made them think twice. But no, of course they went to another hospital instead, in a different county, where the search warrant wasn't even valid. I'm thinking that calling the department (and the judge) f-d up is putting it too mildly.

It's shockingly unbelievable and another reason why the "War" on drugs needs to end.

I predict that even after this guy wins his case, the department will find that the officers did nothing wrong and they'll receive no punishment. That's pretty much how it works out 90% of the time.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 10:41 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 20:31:
(because buying cocaine at Walmart and hiding it in an orifice is a known common practice)

You ever been to a Walmart after hours? The 24 hour ones? In the ghetto? EVERYTHING HAPPENS AT WALMART!

Anyway - I am not sure what is going on in that story.....either the story isn't right, people are lying, they had other info, or the department is seriously f-d up. Someone, somewhere along the process should have stepped in and said..."hay....maybe this isn't a good idea".

The first hospital they took him to refused to perform the searches for ethical reasons. That should have maybe made them think twice. But no, of course they went to another hospital instead, in a different county, where the search warrant wasn't even valid. I'm thinking that calling the department (and the judge) f-d up is putting it too mildly.

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 8, 2013, 10:31 Wowbagger_TIP

Privacy addons aside, Tree Style Tabs is an essential FF addon for me. Couldn't function properly without it! I haven't seen anything like it for Chrome or IE.  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access
6. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Nov 6, 2013, 21:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 20:35:
I'll buy it if they ever fixed the rubberbanding bug. I'd heard rumors that it jumped projects and made its way to Grim Dawn...
I played the GD alpha/beta for a bit and never saw it. Haven't really looked into anything in the forums about it, but seems fine to me.

871. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 16:30 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 16:01:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:41:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:14:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 14:41:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:57:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:51:
D-Rock, I've never seen Blue remove a post that lacked a personal insult. Are you sure yours didn't? Like Beamer mentioned, Blue tends to only moderate when prompted to do so, I guess someone reported your post, I've never done so myself.

Personally I'm against all post removal for any reason. There is another long thread on this site where some fundamentalist repeatedly called me a defender of pedophiles and other nastiness and it's still up because I'd rather it stand as a testament to the behavior of that poster.

He has Seph, he's removed at least a couple of mine that included zero personal insults at all. I've reported some of Nin's comments that are personal insults and nothing else, those are all still there.

It's Blue's site, he can moderate it as he sees fit imo, however the bias towards certain individuals is plain as day.

Given some of your posts in this thread, I think you're largely oblivious to the insults you throw out. I don't think you're a reliable judge of whether your posts contained an insult or not.

Sure thing, posts that didn't name anyone or even quote anyone. Still waiting for you to explain why Obamacare is such a great thing btw, given all the evidence to the contrary. Still waiting to see your spin on how it's so great!

This is tiresome. I've already explained that the rollout issues are not the program. Yeah, the website sucks. It'll get fixed. Yeah, some people can't keep shitty plans that don't cover anything and force taxpayers to cover them when they actually need care. Bummer. They'll get new plans. Some will pay a little more, some will pay a little less. Most folks like me have to pick a new plan every year anyway, so this is nothing new. Overall, it's better to have more people covered rather than the rest of us paying stupid amounts of money for them to be sick and get care from the emergency room.

Oh, and since you seem big on things being done by charity, here's something interesting on that subject.

LOL you're incredible, 90+ million lose their plans because they don't include things like maternity leave for males, and you dismiss them as "crappy plans"

Bagger you're flat out dishonest and it's pathetic.

On the topic of charity, the difference is it's voluntary, no one is forcing you to unlike what the liberals would like to mandate you contribute to.

No, I'm realistic. We need a baseline level of coverage, and gender shouldn't be a factor. The point is to simplify the coverage so that people know they are covered. Right now it's very difficult to tell what will be covered under a given plan.

All those people out there with those inexpensive plans are costing the rest of us a lot of money, because they pay those low premiums until they need care, then find out they aren't covered, so they get stuck with a bill they can't pay, and it falls to the taxpayer to pick it up.

Maybe you're cool with paying tens of thousands for emergency care for problems that could have been fixed early on with a $100 doctor visit. I'm really not.

That 90+ million figure for people losing their plans is bullshit too. Plans change all the time already. Rates go up every year. This is nothing new.

And yes, your charity idea is completely unworkable, as that article shows.

868. Re: removed Nov 2, 2013, 15:45 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 12:56:
Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 12:22:
RollinThunder, I really have to disagree with you on the way the media reports about racial violence. The story of the Australian man shot by bored kids ( one of whom was white iirc) was covered by all of the mainstream networks. CNN had just as many stories covering it as Fox news did; surely you are not going to say they are biased against white people too? None of these stories are swept under the rug. Some of the stories (like the Trayvon Martin one) have way more facets to cover as well as a dynamic nature since there was the lack of an initial arrest and rallies for "justice". And of course the media is going to cover every single antagonistic thing angry protesters say and do since it gets people angry, getting the other side riled up escalating the war of words and giving them more juicy shit to cover. Had those bored black teens not been initially arrested the same thing would have played out with white protests and the like. And the media would have been more than happy to cover that too.

Fair enough Prez, however I hate it that stations like NBC will doctor 911 calls to slant a news story. That isn't journalistic integrity. That's pushing an agenda.

It's a culture issue, yet everyone is too afraid to say that because they don't want to be branded racist by the left.

I don't recall you ever getting all riled up any of the countless times that Fox has pulled deceptive editing stunts, and they've got FAR more of those on their record than anyone else. Surely you couldn't possibly trust or respect Fox's reporting anymore.

867. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 15:41 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:14:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 14:41:
D-Rock, I've never seen Blue remove a post that lacked a personal insult. Are you sure yours didn't? Like Beamer mentioned, Blue tends to only moderate when prompted to do so, I guess someone reported your post, I've never done so myself.

Personally I'm against all post removal for any reason. There is another long thread on this site where some fundamentalist repeatedly called me a defender of pedophiles and other nastiness and it's still up because I'd rather it stand as a testament to the behavior of that poster.

He has Seph, he's removed at least a couple of mine that included zero personal insults at all. I've reported some of Nin's comments that are personal insults and nothing else, those are all still there.

It's Blue's site, he can moderate it as he sees fit imo, however the bias towards certain individuals is plain as day.

Given some of your posts in this thread, I think you're largely oblivious to the insults you throw out. I don't think you're a reliable judge of whether your posts contained an insult or not.

Sure thing, posts that didn't name anyone or even quote anyone. Still waiting for you to explain why Obamacare is such a great thing btw, given all the evidence to the contrary. Still waiting to see your spin on how it's so great!

This is tiresome. I've already explained that the rollout issues are not the program. Yeah, the website sucks. It'll get fixed. Yeah, some people can't keep shitty plans that don't cover anything and force taxpayers to cover them when they actually need care. Bummer. They'll get new plans. Some will pay a little more, some will pay a little less. Most folks like me have to pick a new plan every year anyway, so this is nothing new. Overall, it's better to have more people covered rather than the rest of us paying stupid amounts of money for them to be sick and get care from the emergency room.

Oh, and since you seem big on things being done by charity, here's something interesting on that subject.

865. Re: removed Nov 2, 2013, 14:46 Wowbagger_TIP

D-Rock wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:04:
Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 12:09:
And if Blue has a bias, why has he left all of the rest of yours , RT' s , and Mad Max' s posts?

You're assuming I mean political bias. You're wrong.

It all comes down to deciding who you like and who you don't like. Blue's behavior makes it clear how he feels about me. He's a poor moderator, and that contradicts the respectable attitude that's normally portrayed in in 'Out of the Blue'.

Prez, you've officially made my asshole list.
Lol! That's so meta.

864. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 14:41 Wowbagger_TIP

850. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 19:43 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 18:02:

Liberal policies always shrink the middle class, read a history book instead of trying to redefine it like your ilk always does.

If you really wanted to strengthen the middle class you'd not be voting for democrats in the first place.

I get it, you want to pick and choose certain aspects of the economy to paint a pretty picture, reality doesn't work like that.

Again you know nothing about me, stop claiming you do mr I make so much money but give nothing back. Want to pay more taxes? Go head, I doubt the government would tell you no. There you go, there's your solution! All you liberals that claim all we need to do is tax more can just give up more. Win win!

Ok, so what history book did you get this knowledge of the economy from?

I think we understand just fine that there are a lot of factors tied into the economy. That doesn't mean that you can't answer basic questions about parts of it. That you consider it all one nebulous entity where the only factors that matters are government spending and "printing money" shows exactly how little you actually understand about it.

3789 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo