Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3806 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
43. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 14:06 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm waiting to see how P2W it is and how complete it is at release before making a decision. Saw no reason to get in on the KS once it was obvious that money was not going to be a problem.

Unfortunately I also won't be able to count on reviews from backers though. Many have put hundreds of dollars into this and can't be trusted to be objective.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders
16. Re: Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders Feb 4, 2014, 01:51 Wowbagger_TIP

DangerDog wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 15:47:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 15:04:
InBlack wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 09:35:
What? So its a try before you buy beta? They must be very confident of their game.

They didn't say it would be an open beta, just that it wouldn't be limited only to preorders. I took that to mean that they'd send out select invitations.

true, if that's the case then I'll just wait for some sort of free weekend.
Yeah, same here. I do want to try it, but I'll be waiting for a demo or some sort of free trial most likely. Unless reviews are just stellar.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 23, 2014, 00:50 Wowbagger_TIP

harlock wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:54:
Redmask wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:27:
harlock wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 21:53:
this isnt a mod, its a game that licenses the source engine.. which costs the developers money to do

but yeh its a fairly complex idea so some people arent going to be able to understand this

Could you maybe explain it using alphabet soup?

what be soup is alphabet

By the time I buy this, probably nobody will be playing it anymore

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Free Weekend
12. Re: Torchlight 2 Free Weekend Jan 10, 2014, 01:41 Wowbagger_TIP

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 18:35:
It's too bad none of the ARPG games had what diablo 1 + 2 had on release. I can't say I've been impressed by any of them. Path of Exile comes closest to replicating the factors that made the original diablo a success but the loot system and the poor combat means it's longevity is going not be as good.

The reason diablo 2 worked so well is the combat was more involved then what all the ARPG's so far have done. TL2 was especially boring where a majority of the attacks just feel like re-skinned basic attacks.
What's wrong with the loot system and combat? The combat is definitely more interesting than most ARPGs. The only thing that I think really needs improvement is the monster reaction animations.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jan 6, 2014, 21:21 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 20:34:
Hammerfight on Steam. Save 50%.

I suggest steering clear of this one. It is all mouse movement click fest. My wrist actually hurt after playing. You whip a ball around your ship to hit other stuff.....it is boring as hell.
I thought it was pretty fun for a while. The physics of it are interesting, and you can get different weapons and such that make a difference in that respect. Actually requires some skill to do well. It does get repetitive after a while though.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2014, 22:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Wintyr wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 20:59:
BF4 Was not that bad a few tweeks on your pc end and installing the latest drivers helps. and i ran pretty fine. i know people that ran it without any probelms using newer hardware. the bugs are more an issue of all the crapy pc you all own thinking its the shiz. guess what its not and even ea and to inforce driver updating to make all of those whinning noobers updater there drivers to play the game bug free because they choose not to install up to date drivers sets for there pc. spyware and malware will also bug out your game. there are so manty outside issue you blame on EA/Dice the bugs in BattleField 4 and pretty superfical and realy were not that big of a deal in compared to many other release for pretty much and publisher/developer. there only end result dif is when more people buy you product you end up with more bugs. they coudl have tested the game for years and when they realsed it they would have still ran into bugs becaues of the shitty un kept pc matnice the general public and even some hardcore gamers and to dumb to fix on there own end.

Rotfl

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
77. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 4, 2014, 14:09 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 12:08:
Tired of it. They better fix the Holiday Globe thing....I still have them in my inventory, have taken pictures just in case, and it appears others have them in their inventory, but I can't select theirs or mine to trade....
Yeah, they've been disabled. I thought that's what was supposed to happen though. Maybe they'll remove them eventually. Same effect either way though really I guess.

73. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 4, 2014, 11:56 Wowbagger_TIP

Still having problems this morning apparently. Now I'm getting this error:

Error Code: -102

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.

11. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 12:06 Wowbagger_TIP

I think they're just trying to prevent me from getting that #10 snow globe card I need to get the badge! Those bastards!  

News Comments > On Sale (1)
37. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 20:05 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 15:20:
Are you "Bagger" (same icon)?

Yep! Forgot I shortened the name there

33. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 15:17 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 14:16:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:53:
panbient wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:45:
nin wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 11:55:
I'm going to miss steams voting sales, really enjoyed those...

I'm disappointed that I'm missing 1 more vote for a final snow globe. That and I got #10 like three times in a row hahaha

#10 is the only one I still need. I got a bunch of #5 and #6, among others.

I've got an extra 10, if you need it. But I'm at work...should be home in 4 hours or so (don't think I can trade through the web client at work - I'm in the Blue's steam group).

I'm in the Blue's group too. I probably won't be home until around 7pm CST. Will try to figure out the trade system then, since I haven't used it yet.

22. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 13:53 Wowbagger_TIP

panbient wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:45:
nin wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 11:55:
I'm going to miss steams voting sales, really enjoyed those...

I'm disappointed that I'm missing 1 more vote for a final snow globe. That and I got #10 like three times in a row hahaha

#10 is the only one I still need. I got a bunch of #5 and #6, among others.

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 20:11 Wowbagger_TIP

At this point I have pretty much everything I want, and already know I won't get around to a lot of it. I'm mostly just buying things when I want to support the developer for doing something cool. Maybe I'll actually get around to playing it eventually, or at least maybe they'll make another cool game and I'll play that  

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 17:51 Wowbagger_TIP

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 17:41:
Does anyone know what's on sale on Steam today?
Copypasta from Ars:

All prices in USD

Daily Deals:
Skyrim - 75% off ($7.49)*
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut - 75% off ($4.99)
Terraria - 75% off ($2.49)
Payday 2 - 55% off ($13.49)
Trials Evolution Gold Edition - 75% off ($4.99)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum - 70% off ($5.99)
Europa Universalis 4 - 50% off ($19.99)
Endless Space - 75% off ($7.49)
Football Manager 2014 - 50% off ($24.99)

Flash Sales (not sure when they end):
Dungeon Defenders - 85% off ($2.24)
Kingdoms Rise - 33% off ($10.04)
Guncraft - 75% off ($3.74)
The King of Fighters XIII - 66% off ($10.19)

Community Choice:
Shelter - 75% off ($2.49)

News Comments > Titanfall Stryder Trailer
11. Re: Titanfall Stryder Trailer Dec 22, 2013, 00:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Sepharo wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 21:13:
I guess I'm the only one that thinks this looks like it's going to be great. I'm excited to play something that's not from DICE and isn't CoD.

I'm looking forward to this too. The preview vids so far have looked pretty cool, and I'm interested to see how good the actual gameplay will be.

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2013, 20:44 Wowbagger_TIP

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 20:15:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 20:01:
Hrm, 4.99 for Dragon Age 2? Might be time to finally give in and buy it.

If the price gets low enough, I buy on Impulse!

Other than small areas to venture... I'm one of the few that really enjoyed the game.

The combat is boring, repetitive crap as well.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
19. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 14:11 Wowbagger_TIP

ldonyo wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:56:
Seriously, though, whatever happened to being a decent and respectful human being when in the company of others?

Was that ever actually a thing?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2013, 19:56 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 16:33:
Linksil wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 14:49:
$60 is the normal cost for a game these days, just get over it.

That's for games that still need to make all their money back. These games have already made their money back before they were even made. Why do they need to be sold at $60?

Most Kickstarter games (if I didn't back), I'll pay 20 or 30 bucks for, and that's it.
Making a profit on it means they can maybe fund development of another game without doing a KS, or at least without needing to fund the whole thing through KS. Maybe they can get a good chunk of it done ahead and have something to show when they ask for more funding.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
24. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2013, 01:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 16:37:
The only hope for America is to get rid of all these lousy asses on both sides (of which are the vast majority) and get people like Cruz and Lee who actually have a clue and real passion to go along with it.

They scare the fk outta libs and repubs both, and for good reason.
Because they're fucking nuts? The enemy of my enemy is not my friend if he's also my enemy. Those guys are not going to do anything good for the country. They just have a different plan for how to fuck things up in a way that suits their unbelievably insane base.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2013, 12:38 Wowbagger_TIP

I think they did a lot of good articles and reviews. I don't really share the negative sentiment about Ben's writing. Sucks that they're going away. Hopefully they land somewhere else and continue doing good work.  

3806 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo