Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3843 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Time Warner Jacks Rates Up to 17.6% in Los Angeles. Jan 31, 2013, 17:59 Wowbagger_TIP

mag wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 15:03:
nin wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 09:40:
Panickd wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 09:35:
Way to keep the potential cord cutters in the fold there, TW. Bang up job you're doing.

And on the other end we have...

I hate TW, but I do have Internet access through them. The speed boost was nationwide, and had nothing to do with Google Fiber. The price drop certainly did, though, as the rest of the country saw a price increase.

I've had TW for a while now. Not because they are good, or even a good value, but just because the other options suck even worse.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
14. Re: Morning Previews Jan 29, 2013, 00:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Closed Betas wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 20:12:
The more I checked out this game, the more it felt like a tototal scam, I meant they have no minds of their own, how much of this game is just basically ripping off Age of Conan, Lionheart and how many other like titles for their designs.. the more I play its so obvious of what they are doing for their ideas...

I'll start off with the obvious.. see if you can follow up with the others..

1. Beginning... Age of conan washed up at sea
2. Act 2, age of conan again with the bananas..
half the lands are named based upon ripoffs what lore?

The gameplay is fun. I couldn't care less if they ripped off some other lore for the names.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Jan 29, 2013, 00:11 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 20:28:
Borderlands 2 &#1054;&#1073;&#1085;&#1086;&#1074;&#1083;&#1077;&#1085;&#1080;&#1077; 1.3.0 on Steam.

<Professor Farnsworth> Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

That update page looks almost like some lorem ipsum text in Russian or something... weirdness...

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta
45. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 25, 2013, 14:41 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 10:17:
Quinn wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 04:04:
My main gripes are that it's too much zoomed in, even at the max distance, and the inventory. I don't understand why it has to be so goddamn small.

Other than that I'm enjoying the game. I've never seen an ARPG where I felt more involved in the quests and story than this one, and that says alot because this one is nothing to write home about. But how multiple NPC's in a town recognize your accomplishment of a single quest completion is something new, and I like it. Why should only Person A recognize I killed this monster who made everyone's life miserable and not Person B and C as well? Good touch right there.

I also love the potion system. It has a special kinda dynamic of its own. I think it's really well balanced.

Last but not least... those chained women at my health and mana orbs, wow. Gotta trigger every straight guy's imagination.

The potion system has a pretty big and stupid flaw though. You can't stock up on health once you ran out of it in a boss fight. I guess it is a design choice, but if you used those 4 health and 1 mana you are completely done for. I played up to the boss medusa thing, got her down to half health but here stupid freeze attack... anyway, after that I quit and never intend to come back. The potion system works great against mobs, but if there is only 1 extremely strong enemy you are essentially rolling a dice before the battle even starts. With the random misses (hate that too) and that enemies can interupt a skill attack costing you mana ... not the game for me sadly.

(And yeah, I guess stocking up on stronger healing is a solution to tackle the boss, but that requires grinding, a lot of grinding.

You need to change your tactics most likely. I know that that boss is a rather tough fight so early in the game, but she's very beatable if you plan ahead a little. Unless you just have a terrible build and terrible equipment, you should be able to beat her. Definitely equip ice resistance rings and equipment. Makes a big difference. Oh, and a flask that can unfreeze you is good too.

Edit: And like Axis said, throw up a portal once you enter her lair so that you can get back in there if you die. With full flasks, btw. It's not an easy game, but it is pretty fun and interesting.

News Comments > Dead Island Riptide Trailer
4. Re: Dead Island Riptide Trailer Jan 24, 2013, 22:55 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 22:02:
That's not pre alpha. That's just alpha. Pre alpha is a napkin and a pencil.

Pre-alpha is what you call it when you know it looks kinda crappy, and you don't want people bitching about it.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta
25. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 24, 2013, 17:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Bhruic wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 05:30:
Definitely an entertaining game, but I suspect at some point I'm going to be pretty annoyed they don't offer complete respects (they just give you the ability to take back X number of skills). Without spending a lot of time memorizing the skills and how you get to them, there's no way that I'm going to be able to come up with a really good build. Right now that won't bother me much, as it's early enough it won't be slowing me down terribly, but at some point have a very sub-optimal build is going to be an annoyance. Taking back a few points isn't going to allow me to fix that.

Minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, of course. It certainly seems to have the Diablo "feel" to it.

Use the Passive Skill Tree tool on the website to plan your build. You can copy the link for your build so you can load it back up anytime you want to tinker with it.

pagb wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 09:41:
It's fine, but it's not the super-duper-son-of-diablo2-messiah-thing everyone hypes about... Still WAY behind D2. Will provide a couple of weeks of entertaining tough.

Also I don't understand all the hype about the PASSIVE tree, because everyone calling it "skill tree" is hugely misleading. It's a "passive skill tree", so all those spots in the tree are things like "+10int" or "+3% fire damage"... ultimately you can reach spots with bigger bonuses, or about 20 major passives, but that's it. Calling it skill (ot talent) tree makes it seem a lot better than it really is.
Combined with the items and skill gems, the passive tree works well, and is pretty fun to build a character with. There are a lot of keystones that can fundamentally change your character, and plenty of others that you can use to tailor your build to pretty devastating effect. I've seen some really good builds.

pagb wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 09:41:
The skill gems touch is nice, but it's like D3 skills+rune implemented into items, making it harder to people to get into... and can lead people into make huge mistakes, like selling items with leveled gems socketed.

Pretty sure you can't sell items that have gems still socketed in them. You have to remove the gems first.

News Comments > Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched
2. Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched Jan 23, 2013, 01:49 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 21:10:
Sounds good!

Yeah, hopefully someday I'll actually have time to play this!

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
61. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 17, 2013, 10:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 09:58:
What else am I to infer from your use of the term "gun worship"? Maybe you should explain what you mean by that, if not the common meaning? I don't believe it's gun worship at all for most people. It's a desire for the right to keep and bear arms, as the Constitution states. For hunting, sporting, self and home defense, and as a hedge against the government becoming tyrannical. I know that many dismiss that last one out of hand, but it is a legitimate reason, given even a passing familiarity with history and the rise and fall of governments.

I was pretty explicit in my explanation, not sure what else you're looking for there. It was not a character judgment, it was a reference to media and culture. The revolution stuff is downright silly, a coup d'etat is far more likely and realistic. Most revolutions are fought by a very small force with popular support. People don't need guns to overthrow the government, not in these kind of volumes anyway, they just need numbers and a willingness to do so.
Like I said, it gets dismissed a lot, but there are many ways that governments can fail, and trying to predict how it will happen is futile. It may be quick and relatively painless, as some are, or it may get very bad and very messy. The really bad things tend to happen to unarmed populations.

What works in other countries won't necessarily work here. Other countries have different values too. Some don't recognize a legitimate right to self-defense using firearms (or any lethal means in some cases). They have different histories, cultures, population densities, laws (aside from just gun laws), etc., that make them very different from us.

Sometimes different is good. You can learn things from differences. I don't just want to give up because some of their underlying factors are different than ours, I'd like to know why gun culture is so pervasive and examine if that's something that needs to be changed in the future.
I'm not arguing that we shouldn't look at others, but I am saying that there are some things that aren't going to be on the table (like taking away a right to self-defense), and in light of that, you have to consider whether a potential solution from elsewhere would still work here. Without very broad agreement, major changes won't really be possible.

I want to address the real issues that lead to these kinds of tragedies, but I also think we need to keep some perspective on it. Violent crime has been dropping for a long time now. Most homicides committed with a gun are still related to gang and drug violence. More people are killed by unarmed people than by rifles and shotguns combined. There are things that should be done, but most of the proposals we've seen so far are just political theater. They aren't going to fix anything.

I haven't examined all 23 measures introduced yesterday in depth yet so I can't really comment.
I'm still going through those measures as well. I was really referring to most of the ideas that other politicians and talking heads have been putting forth in the last few weeks. Everything from complete bans on all semi-automatic rifles, to banning violent games, to a tax on bullets.

59. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2013, 15:44 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 13:56:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 13:35:
You're talking about banning the most common magazines in the world because you want to do something, even though you have no idea what effect it would actually have, if any. That's not rational.

No, I said I didn't understand the purpose of them, I didn't say I supported outright banning them. As in I'm not a gun owner and I don't see why it's so important for recreational or home defense purposes. I was just addressing what you said about how it wouldn't make a difference in that situation. I've already pointed out several times that addressing the root problems will require more than minor changes to gun control, although I do think there are improvements to be made in the area of gun control.
The purpose of them is convenience in most cases. Reloading mags takes a lot longer than changing them, and when you're out shooting, whether for sport, varmint control, or whatever, you don't have to carry so many with you. They are also a standard part of shooting sports that focus on time and accuracy. 20 and 30 round mags are just standard fare for semi-automatic rifles. They are ubiquitous.

If not banning them, then what are you suggesting?

Nor is calling people's defense of their rights "gun worship". You don't engage in a productive dialog with that kind of attack on people's character.

I didn't offer any character judgments, those are inferred on your part. In terms of productive dialog, that works both ways. The NRA pledged to defeat any new gun law introduced, there wasn't even room for discussion. Smaller clips is no solution but no discussion about any measure isn't productive either. I am just pointing out that America worships the gun, it's ingrained in popular culture, many families pass it on as a tradition and they are widespread in our media. This isn't even a political left vs right thing either. People keep zeroing in on mental health and gun control but culturally we need to change too in my opinion.

What else am I to infer from your use of the term "gun worship"? Maybe you should explain what you mean by that, if not the common meaning? I don't believe it's gun worship at all for most people. It's a desire for the right to keep and bear arms, as the Constitution states. For hunting, sporting, self and home defense, and as a hedge against the government becoming tyrannical. I know that many dismiss that last one out of hand, but it is a legitimate reason, given even a passing familiarity with history and the rise and fall of governments. Probably won't happen in our lifetimes, or the next couple generations, but it can and does happen.

I've offered up some ideas for things that might actually help in previous threads on this subject.

I think many people have shared ideas that might help, the trouble is putting it all together into something that the country can move forward with politically and functionally. Everyone wants the mentally ill to have better care but no one wants to pay taxes for it. Half the country wants as little restriction on personal firearms as possible, the other half wants as many as possible. Everyone wants less weapons coming in through the black market but most attempts are stopgap and temporary. Worse, many American corporations have profited from it.

Ultimately the country needs to decide if its going to care for longer than a mass shooting news cycle and I'm not sure that it truly does. We need to examine what works in other countries and ask ourselves why our approach isn't. I don't just mean mass shootings either, just saving lives and negating injuries in general should be the goal we're shooting for here.
What works in other countries won't necessarily work here. Other countries have different values too. Some don't recognize a legitimate right to self-defense using firearms (or any lethal means in some cases). They have different histories, cultures, population densities, laws (aside from just gun laws), etc., that make them very different from us.

I'm not a nutter that's going to go live in a militia camp or something to hang on to my guns (actually I don't own any guns). I'm not against providing health care, including mental health care, for people. I'm not against paying for it either. Hell, I voted for Obama twice. Even though Obamacare is not all that great, it was still an improvement, and better than anything the Republicans were putting forth.

I want to address the real issues that lead to these kinds of tragedies, but I also think we need to keep some perspective on it. Violent crime has been dropping for a long time now. Most homicides committed with a gun are still related to gang and drug violence. More people are killed by unarmed people than by rifles and shotguns combined. There are things that should be done, but most of the proposals we've seen so far are just political theater. They aren't going to fix anything.

57. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2013, 13:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 12:28:
Changing a magazine could mean life or death for someone in those circumstances. It might mean the person is stopped by interference from authorities or civilians, it's a brief period of vulnerability. It might mean someone flees or whatever, I don't know. It's kind of ridiculous to even speculate to be honest. In general I don't see the purpose of large magazines for the civilian population anyway but I'm one of those weird Republicans who doesn't "get" the gun culture in this country anyway so *shrug*

Personally I think it's going to be a combination of factors, not any single initiative but most importantly people have to stop worshipping guns, it all starts with the underlying culture. That could take generations.
You're talking about banning the most common magazines in the world because you want to do something, even though you have no idea what effect it would actually have, if any. That's not rational. Nor is calling people's defense of their rights "gun worship". You don't engage in a productive dialog with that kind of attack on people's character.

I've offered up some ideas for things that might actually help in previous threads on this subject. But honestly, when you're talking about the difference between a 10 or 20 round mag and a 30 or whatever, you're not addressing the real problem. Once someone has started shooting up a school or a mall or whatever, that stuff is just quibbling over details that the shooter would have had more than enough time to plan around.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 16, 2013, 11:54 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 09:51:
Im guessing his expertise was probably more than that of his boss. Which might not have been that much if they hired someone initially to fix/update/implement something that they couldnt do themselves.

Still makes you wonder how much of that shit is going down anyway. Im guessing a shitload of companies outsource more and more anyway (its so much cheaper)

The guy should have just started his own development/consulting company. Sounds like he was just really really lazy though and didn't bother to take even basic precautions.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jan 16, 2013, 11:49 Wowbagger_TIP

Dev wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 10:27:
Why yes, the media is corruptible, and corrupt.
Did it actually matter in any of the shootings whether the guy was a good shot or not? They seem to all be close range against unarmed people. Especially the Newtown guy.

55. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2013, 11:41 Wowbagger_TIP

Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 08:25:
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 05:57:
That you guys are blaming clip sizes as the end all be all is very telling. Don't talk about ways to better mental health. It's surely all about clip sizes. Rolleyes2

Again, says the guy who keeps screaming "mental health" yet has yet to say what we should DO about mental health.

Clearly our country has issues with mental health, though. No one denies this. The very fact that you exist and are apparently not under close control is proof of our failings. But it's not exactly a switch we can push.

We need to start reducing these events, and the damage that happens at them. We can do so with reduced clips immediately. Immediately. We cannot do so with mental health in any kind of near term.

Again, nobody has explained how banning standard 30 round mags will make anyone safer. When you're in a "gun-free zone" and there's nobody to oppose you, and you have at least one backup weapon (as they all did) does it really matter if you have to change mags?

52. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 15, 2013, 20:50 Wowbagger_TIP

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 13:24:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 12:00:
Haven't really seen a case where smaller clips would have mattered. Even the Newtown guy was dropping them half-used. Shotguns can be reloaded on the fly, while always being ready to shoot. Speedloaders and speedstrips make reloading even revolvers very quick. Most shooters carried more than one gun too, so they always have at least a backup. This is all pretty common sense for anyone that plans to get into a firefight.

The only times I can think of where magazine size has figured into the equation was a couple of times when the guy tried to use one of those 100 round drum mags and it caused the weapon to jam, as would be expected by anyone that's familiar with the track record of those things. I think that happened with the Aurora shooter.

So, no, reducing mag size would just be an inconvenience to law-abiding owners. Anyone else doesn't care that they're against the law. They are plentiful around the world and could be had fairly cheaply if someone so desired. We'll just end up creating yet another black market trade across our borders, which, predictably, we'll be completely unsuccessful at stopping. It will, however, give the government all sorts of reasons to infringe on the liberties of citizens in the name of the War on Guns. Yeah, we need another one of those...

These shooters haven't gotten their weapons through illegal means, though. So you can say that they could have purchased larger capacity clips on the black market... but they haven't used the black market. They've purchased everything legitimately, or taken them from others who have.

This whole "acquired through illegal means" argument makes no sense because it isn't relevant.
Well, yeah, since the guns and mags are currently legal, you don't really have any need to get them illegally, so there isn't much of a market for them unless you're already on the prohibited list and can't buy them legally. If that changes, then the market will form, just like it does for anything else that gets banned but is still in demand.

Some have gotten them through illegal means (Columbine shooters come to mind), and some shouldn't have been able to buy them at all (like Virginia Tech shooter) if the states were actually reporting things like they should be. Mag capacity isn't really an issue though, it just makes for good political theater.

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 13:24:
Yeah, there are criminals out there with illegal guns. Do you know who they tend to kill? Other criminals. The vast majority of illegal gun crime is gang crime. The vast majority of gang crime is gang on gang crime.

True enough. I don't really have much concern for gangs/drug dealers getting shot. Ending the drug war and doing more to fight poverty and educate people is about the only thing that will help with that problem.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 12:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 11:53:
Claptrap's "minion" thing didn't bug me because Claptrap is a deluded idiot. Him thinking we're his minion was funny because it was so clearly wrong.

Brick calling us "Slab" bugged me more. Claptrap being dumb and thinking we work for him was funny. Brick not being as dumb and thinking we work for him (and being right, but working for him isn't the same as joining his stupid bandit tribe) was less so.

Totally agree. Claptrap = funny. Brick = not funny. Tannis wasn't bad this time, but not as funny as the first game IMO. I kinda liked Lilith's personality in this one. Her and Roland's awkward relationship and all the bits you get to hear were kinda funny. The fire cult missions were pretty funny too. Jack was pretty hilarious all the way through for me. I would've liked to hear more about him working for Hyperion though. We get that one glimpse of him and his boss talking, but that was about it.

50. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 15, 2013, 12:00 Wowbagger_TIP

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 10:11:
One issue often overlooked here is also the media. Each killing gets covered more and more in-depth. Each shooter becomes more and more a household name. This just leads to more shootings.

But how do you stop that?

We don't know. It's not an easy thing to change. Of course the networks won't stop covering - it's huge ratings. The government doesn't have a leg to stand on to stopping them. And people just tune in.

So there's really nothing we can control there, and that's probably the single biggest factor in why this happens - people wanting to be famous.

Ultimately we can't stop these. All we can do is lessen their frequency and their damage. Hence: smaller clips. Hence: more restrictions on getting guns.
Haven't really seen a case where smaller clips would have mattered. Even the Newtown guy was dropping them half-used. Shotguns can be reloaded on the fly, while always being ready to shoot. Speedloaders and speedstrips make reloading even revolvers very quick. Most shooters carried more than one gun too, so they always have at least a backup. This is all pretty common sense for anyone that plans to get into a firefight.

The only times I can think of where magazine size has figured into the equation was a couple of times when the guy tried to use one of those 100 round drum mags and it caused the weapon to jam, as would be expected by anyone that's familiar with the track record of those things. I think that happened with the Aurora shooter.

So, no, reducing mag size would just be an inconvenience to law-abiding owners. Anyone else doesn't care that they're against the law. They are plentiful around the world and could be had fairly cheaply if someone so desired. We'll just end up creating yet another black market trade across our borders, which, predictably, we'll be completely unsuccessful at stopping. It will, however, give the government all sorts of reasons to infringe on the liberties of citizens in the name of the War on Guns. Yeah, we need another one of those...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 15, 2013, 09:28 Wowbagger_TIP

Six strikes "could" affect businesses, but in reality, it won't affect any that are big enough to fight back. Selective enforcement is the name of the game.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial
2. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial Jan 15, 2013, 09:26 Wowbagger_TIP

Not being able to skip commercials does suck. We just relocated for work and are currently in a temporary apartment while we look for a house. No DVR here, so I was watching live TV for the first time in who knows how long. Every time it hit a commercial break, I was reaching for the remote... then I'd remember... then I was sad...  

News Comments > etc., etc.
26. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 14, 2013, 23:49 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 23:18:
Axis wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 20:32:
Disarming 99% of law abiding citizens against the 1% criminals who would get one anyway is not the answer. Go ask the Swiss.

Much of the problem is medication, lots of research out there but the liberal media wants to keep this about gun control - another 'excuse' it's not them or their actions, its the guns. Another 'lets pat ourselves on the back we did the first thing that comes to mind' it's the guns.

Almost every mass murder was done by someone who was seriously medicated either currently or shortly after stopping, and anyone who knows anything about these meds knows that the latter is the most dangerous part.

Go to any other country and you'll see a general aversion and reluctance to medicate and far less medical 'problems', especially when it comes to mental health.

America by FAR the most medicated country, it's absolutely ridiculous. Some medication is needed, but much is not. America has everything, the 'poor' in America have everything they need to live a good life and people medicate for shit like depression? Go to any of the low crime rate countries and ask how many get medicated for depression - ya a ridiculous notion.

Do you know that WATER fixes a shit ton of ailments and imbalances? Amazing, our bodies are mostly water and it's water that fixes them. But... water isn't profitable. Go do research, I might have just changed your life. I know mine was changed about 8 years ago armed with this information and a bug to find out more.

Anyways guns aren't the problem, it's a fact backed by all available research out there.

That's because the big pharma lobbyist are even stronger than the NRA lobbyist. Plain and simple our heath care in general is a joke, sadly Obamacare will do more to make it worse than better.

Don't think that's even possible. Our health care system has been an embarrassment for a while. We lead the world in research and development of medical treatments and techniques, but lag far behind in actually making care available to the people who need it. It's pretty pathetic.

46. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 14, 2013, 15:01 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 14:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 12:23:
I realize you need to periodically update, I have no problems with that. The issue I have with this whole debate is they should be looking at the mental health aspect and ways we can improve that. Instead we're looking to ban clip sizes which won't make one lick of difference.

No, that's not what I take from this at all. Clip size bans might have an effect, I'm no expert in this stuff so I can't make a definitive statement and I doubt you are either which calls your conclusion into question. It goes without saying that mental health issues need to be tackled but it's the same types of voters who don't want health care that also don't want any gun control. There's no reason we can't do both either.

Not all of us are in that same group. I'm an independent, and against the pointless gun control laws they're proposing now, in favor of some reasonable changes to gun laws that actually could help, and very much in favor of better mental health care (and better health care in general). I do think you're right that there are a lot that are against both though. I don't understand those people though, so I certainly can't speak for them.

Seems like the media is fixated on putting as many whackjobs on the air on this topic as they can find, so you end up with guys like Alex Jones getting interviewed. He sure as hell doesn't speak for me. Neither does LaPierre, for that matter.

Edit: Nice to see at least some of the nutjobs out there getting called on it.

3843 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo