Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3806 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 17:01 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:41:
space admiral wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:15:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:06:
LittleMe wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 10:55:
Rather than advocating a focus on constraining the power of broadband duopolists, she calls for a broad increase in government involvement in the communications industry. That approach didn't work very well the last time we tried it in the mid-20th Century. And it would likely work even worse today.

Well said! She's an opportunist looking to 'create jobs' regulating things when it wouldn't work and would cost a lot of money. I wonder what her conflicts of interests are in advocating further federal regulatory powers over the Internet when she herself was an adviser to Obama. Hmmmm. Let me guess... She wants an appointed job and to be the center of attention at dinner parties??

Oh hey a democrat wanting in increase government power. That never happens.

SMASH THE STATE!

hell yeh RollinChikn - i didnt know you were an anarchist?!

lets roll!

I'm not, just tired of hearing how "for the US people" democrats are, when they're pretty much the exact polar opposite in reality.

Yes, just like republicans, or are we still pretending that they don't do the same crap? The Tea Party ones come in talking like they're different, but they're really just a lot dumber, and still want to violate the Constitution six ways from Sunday. The only expertise most congresspeople have is in the pandering department.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Trailer, Website
18. Re: Watch_Dogs Trailer, Website Feb 25, 2013, 16:56 Wowbagger_TIP

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:45:
This game looks really good, and if that small clip represents the game then I am sold. Is this a ps3 or ps4 game?

I'm not much interested in playing through a bunch of scripted events. I'll wait and see how things actually turn out before laying out any cash.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 10:30 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm looking forward to @NewPope

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Feb 23, 2013, 14:06 Wowbagger_TIP

Quboid wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 13:31:
Why would a soldier in combat have an iPhone, except to act as body armour? Isn't that all kinds of dangerous?

It could give away his position (by triangulating its cell connection), photos could be geotagged or give away sensitive information - if nothing else, aren't they already carrying masses of heavy shit? I know it's only about 100g but that's 100g more than necessary. Is there a great deal of time for playing Fruit Ninja anyway?

Could possibly just be in a non-communicative mode and he keeps it with him because it's got all the pics of his family on it. Of course I remember talk a while back of the Army wanting soldiers to carry smartphones for intelligence gathering and potentially easier communication with commanders. I think they were talking about encrypted communications though, and I don't know what risks might be involved with tower communications.

News Comments > Torment Sequel Gets New Name, Website
8. Re: Torment Sequel Gets New Name, Website Feb 23, 2013, 03:17 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 10:56:
Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 10:53:
It looks really interesting. I hope they'll wait with Kickstarting it until they are (almost) done with Wasteland 2, but I'll definitely be kicking in.

Creston

For some reason, I just assumed they'd start it soon, and I hope it doesn't impact Wasteland. But I will say Wasteland looked exactly what I was hoping it would be, in that last video.

Now we need some shadowrun video.

Yeah, I'm not sure which game I'm more excited about. Shadowrun has a new dev diary up that talks more about the dev tools they plan to release. Can't wait to see the stuff that people start making with those!

News Comments > Firefall Beta Weekend
3. Re: Firefall Beta Weekend Feb 22, 2013, 12:22 Wowbagger_TIP

1AngryGamer wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 11:49:
No

None of those

I haven't followed this game at all. Planetside 2 was a disappointment. Is this any good? Is it laggy? Is it P2W?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup Feb 20, 2013, 02:18 Wowbagger_TIP

Alamar wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 00:08:
Quboid wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 20:12:
Should be fun, I too had to get past the "it's not Far Cry" mental barrier but once I did I enjoyed Crysis 2 for what it was, a game equivalent of a Jason Statham movie.

DangerDog, was that final code?

I never understood all the hate for aliens in Crysis... Though I imagine this is part of it, and the fact I didn't play far cry helps my lack of understanding...

For me, the hate for the aliens in Crysis was due to the fact that the game became completely linear and scripted from that point on. Some of the aliens were rather annoying and repetitious as well, but it was really the on-rails nature of the second half of the game that killed it for me.

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
69. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 19, 2013, 17:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Kajetan wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 03:59:
Dev wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 03:08:
Also, pretty much anyone tries cross platform play, they have to nerf PC users or boost console users (with auto aim etc), so I'm pretty sure PC users are at an advantage.
Remember this Shadowrun shooter? They hyped cross plattform play, they tried it, they scrapped it. Because this does not work with shooters. In fact, cross plattform gameplay works with only very very few genres.
Yeah, when they tried it, the console players got their asses handed to them by PC players. Even when they had expert console players against average PC players.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2013, 19:11 Wowbagger_TIP

PHJF wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 18:26:
Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 18:23:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 17:51:
Best part of President's day? x1.5 Holiday pay.

So, finally something you can thank the democrats for.

or unions?
That's what he said, democrats

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2013, 15:36 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 10:05:
To even things out - because we were short a holiday up here compared to the US - they gave us "Family Day". I have no idea what it means but if we were picking days for holidays most people would choose Halloween I'm sure.

I might choose the day after Halloween...

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
20. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 20:55 Wowbagger_TIP

Eirikrautha wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 20:01:
Beamer wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 19:00:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 18:51:
So they were brainwashed by Microsoft's Xbox Division and now that they're on their own again, they still have that warped view of what the FPS genre should be. Great... Really makes me interested in the horse crap you're pushing (not).

Yes, it should be what the know how to do best and what they created one of the best selling video game series and titles of all time.

I love when people say "oh, so they're doing something similar to what made them beloved and rich? What idiots!"

Is it sad that I knew this post was from Beamer before I even looked at the name?

Dude, I HOPE to God you are getting a cut of some game company's profits, and not just parroting the corporate line for nothing. I mean, at least a whore is making money... but a slut is just a slut...
He's exactly right though. Making FPS games for the dude-bro console market makes them a shit-ton of money. By PC standards the games suck ass, but for consoles, they are considered good. They've found their niche, which is why Bungie is irrelevant to me.

nin wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 17:43:
I believe it's coming to pcs later, like next year...

As another half-assed port I suppose?

News Comments > Crysis 3 Preorders Soar
19. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 22:08 Wowbagger_TIP

I'll wait and see if it shows up on Steam too. If not, then I probably won't buy it. Maybe pick it up at a deep discount around Xmas or next year.

News Comments > SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC
2. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 12:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Alamar wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 12:29:
I really need to get back into the SpellForce games... I really enjoy them, but they're sooooo long... Which is both good and bad...

-Alamar

Yeah, I never seem to be able to finish one before I move on to some new shiny thing Can't really complain about a game being too long though. I enjoyed my time with the games anyway, even if I didn't finish.

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 15, 2013, 10:32 Wowbagger_TIP

I couldn't live without Tree Style Tabs. I tend to have about 100 open at any given time. I know. I have a problem.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patching Errors
1. Re: Diablo III Patching Errors Feb 13, 2013, 11:22 Wowbagger_TIP

And for some actually interesting news, PoE just got a big patch that does some cool stuff

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/137281

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2013, 00:38 Wowbagger_TIP

Alpha Protocol is a great game too. Aside from somewhat finicky controls in a couple of the minigames, it's a lot of fun. Good story, and choices that actually have an impact on what happens and what choices you will have later! I really wish more games were like this. I played through it three times in a row when I first got it, and a couple more times later. As long as you're not trying to play it as just an FPS rather than an RPG, you'll probably have a good time with it.  

News Comments > Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects
18. Re: Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects Feb 12, 2013, 15:29 Wowbagger_TIP

I guess I pretty much agree with the consensus here. Make a new Fallout game with the Skyrim engine and don't set it in New Vegas. I lost count of how much time I spent with FONV. I'd be all over another game like that.

Not sure what city or area would make a good setting. No interest in LA, so what's left in the west? Portland, Seattle and SF have been mentioned. Denver? SLC?

Edit: I want to jump back into Skyrim to play through the DLC now, but I know it's going to take a lot of time to update my mods and look into some of the new ones.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2013, 15:48.

News Comments > Developer: Demos Kill Sales
12. Re: Developer: Demos Kill Sales Feb 12, 2013, 09:57 Wowbagger_TIP

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 09:32:
All in all though, Jesse Schell sounds like exactly what is wrong with the game industry and business in general. Customers are sheep to be fleeced, not loyal patrons spending their money wisely.

^ This seems to be the only message you can really take from his comments.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 11, 2013, 18:55 Wowbagger_TIP

avianflu wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 15:53:
smartTV is the "selling feature" of the moment for TV's.

Almost completely bogus since the firmware-based apps will be supported for maybe 2 years max.
Yeah, with all the various crap I have in my theater setup, I only care about the TV having a good picture. Everything else is handled by something else anyway, and those things are generally much cheaper and get replaced more often.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 11, 2013, 14:32 Wowbagger_TIP

I used to have that Panasonic one on the right. Last year I got a Harmony 650, which was cool for a while, but then it just started constantly rebooting itself, making me go through tutorial crap again each time. Returned it last week. Now I'm looking for a better one.  

3806 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo