Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3818 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified
49. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 14, 2013, 01:02 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 00:42:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 00:13:
I wasn't following the KS for this, but am I correct in gleaning that they never disclosed a licensing agreement with Microsoft, and what strings were attached to that? If so, I'd go so far as to say I couldn't trust them for any future projects...

It's mention in the pitch video (@1:55) that they had to get a license (not MS specifically), as well as the front page:
The game we want to make is very humble by modern blockbuster game standards but it is still way beyond the ability of a small start-up to fund by itself. The restraints on the license from Microsoft made it impossible to get established publishers interested in Shadowrun and so it remained just a dream for a long time until Jordan saw the recent successes of some other veteran designers on Kickstarter.

Also mentioned in Update 41

So basically this stuff has been known from the start, if you read what they posted on KS. So people are bitching about nothing. They are delivering what they said they would deliver, and if for some strange reason you still feel cheated, you can get a refund.

What the hell is the problem?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Jagged Alliance Coming
10. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 19:26 Wowbagger_TIP

What I really didn't like was that stealth never really seemed to work for me as a viable approach to a map. It always devolved into luring them to snipers and hoping they didn't get lucky headshots when they sprayed auto fire at me. They could seem to detect you no matter what you do to be stealthy.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Morning Interviews
15. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 11, 2013, 19:07 Wowbagger_TIP

Julio wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 15:44:
Waiting on this one and didn't back it, seemed very pay-to-win.

Yeah, I did get that impression. Although for me it was more like "pay A LOT to win". Those ships they were offering were expensive!

9. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 11, 2013, 13:25 Wowbagger_TIP

I didn't back this, since it was obviously going to make a ton of money anyway, and I really had no idea what would come out of it. I figure I'll just wait and see. I'm hoping for some kind of happy medium between X3 and Freelancer.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Certs Gone Wild
4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Certs Gone Wild Apr 11, 2013, 13:10 Wowbagger_TIP

DG wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 13:00:
I play PS2 a lot. This is a really bad fuck up.

Sure there's not much freak out nerd rage, but that's the sign of it being a genuine problem. Its the people who have been putting real money and huge playtime into the game that are pissed off.

Anyway, I guess all the folks here who tried out this game for a few days could try logging in to see if they've won the cert lottery.

After trying the game a couple times, I can't make myself care enough to login and check.

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Preorders; Trailer
24. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Preorders; Trailer Apr 11, 2013, 13:03 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 12:52:
Cutter wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 11:46:
avianflu wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 11:28:
looks like the devs played saints row the 3rd and then made this.

I take it you missed the 80s entirely.

I don't remember the 80s being THIS fucking wacky.

Creston

Yeah, but as an 80s parody, it was pretty awesome I'm now interested in this game and hope that the gameplay lives up to what it looks like it could be from that trailer.

News Comments > New Jagged Alliance Coming
1. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 12:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Well, the last one was disappointing for me. They really need to work on the AI, from what I was seeing.  

News Comments > Stardock Plans "At Least" Two Game Announcements
45. Re: Stardock Plans Apr 11, 2013, 11:39 Wowbagger_TIP

draginol wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 19:59:
Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 19:39:

Though it amuses me that UPS said they were boycotting Fox News, and, annoyed at this censorship, Brad had his corporation boycott UPS.
Isn't that just a tiny bit hypocritical?

"Your corporation is practicing censorship with its boycott, so my corporation has to boycott yours!"

I tend to think of boycotts as being about giving something up. If I have two shippers to choose from and one of them is using their advertising dollars to try to influence someone else's speech then I'll pick the one that doesn't. UPS was trying to use their ad dollars to influence speech. I don't like that.

I'm not trying to stop a company or a person from saying whatever they want. That was my point. The answer to speech you don't like is more speech. At the time, I time, I hadn't really heard of Glenn Beck. I don't watch much TV. Why people think I'm a fan of Glenn Beck is beyond me.

While I agree the whole thing was overblown, I'm really failing to see how this approach is any different than what UPS was doing. They didn't want their money being used to support a racist jackass saying all kinds of retarded things on TV. How is it not their absolute right to redirect those dollars to someplace where they won't have to be associated with the kind of toxic craziness promoted by Beck?

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
4. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 09:39 Wowbagger_TIP

vrok wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 09:35:
It's a damn shame that mods will only be available through Steam, but I'm really looking forward to the game regardless. Hopefully some kind of hack will be developed to make it possible without Steam.
I have no problem using Steam for this. DRM or not, it makes things easy for me. Haven't been this excited for a game release in quite a while.

30. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 9, 2013, 10:18 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 07:52:
sliv wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 16:24:
Used to game a lot, got married, bought a house, had kids, hardly have time to play anymore; gaming simply took a backseat. Kids are too young to watch me play the more mature games on PS3, mostly play the kiddie games on the Wii U with my 4-year-old for about 30 minutes at a time.

I can't speak for everyone (who really can?) but for me, I'm no longer the demo for gaming companies anymore. I have no time for it. I have three jobs, one full-time to make money and the other two are all-time being a husband and daddy. I wish I had time to play and sometimes when the kids are asleep, I'll turn on GOW for an hour of hack n' slash, but that's few and very far between. Still like to peek on Blue's to see anything interesting, but seems like the only news that pertains to me is all the companies I know and love(d) are all closing shop these days. C'est la vie.

This! Although deqer is clearly projecting from his mothers basement, he does have a point although Im guessing not one he intended to make. Gaming does take away from your available time. Anyone who denies that is rather oblivious to how little free time most of us all truly have, after all there are only so many hours in a day. Im not married, but I do have a day-job, play guitar in two bands for a little bit of extra cash but mostly to let of steam and Ive recently become very serious with my Gf...Shiit, Im lucky to get in an hour a day and lately Ive lost a lot of energy for my favorite hobby....I cant even imagine what it would be like with a wife and kids in the picture.

The trick is to have a shared hobby/sport or two that you can do together. Has worked pretty well for me. Although we don't have kids, which, from what I've seen of my friends who do, will definitely cut deeply into your free time.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Apr 8, 2013, 12:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Narf2029 wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 12:45:
I remember reading somewhere on KSP's website that the price will increase as they get closer to the release version.

I've been messing around with the demo. It's pretty fun, but gets tough once you get past just getting something into space and actually trying to make it orbit... that's when I start feeling like I need to go back to school

I did get one up into space and back down again safely... but that was mainly because I couldn't get it into an actual orbit... ran out of fuel because I had no idea what i was doing...

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted
11. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted Apr 8, 2013, 12:54 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 09:45:
Kicktraq says the average backer is $86.

Torment was $56
Wasteland 2 was $48
DF was $38
ShadowRun Returns (my current favorite) was $51

I'm in on WL2, Torment, Grim Dawn, and a couple others too I think, but SRR is the one I'm most anxious for. That's going to be the game that I drop everything for and probably play until my eyes bleed. Likely get into building stuff for it too. It just seems to be turning out really great.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Delay
6. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Delay Apr 3, 2013, 00:49 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm in at $50 right now, but considering going to the $75 level. Haven't decided yet...  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Mar 27, 2013, 10:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Looking forward to this. Will most likely grab it near release, after waiting long enough to make sure there's no show-stopping bugs. Since it's basically the same tech as before, that shouldn't be a problem though.  

News Comments > Marvel Heroes in June
11. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 26, 2013, 01:07 Wowbagger_TIP

From what I've heard of their pricing, I think I'll pass on this. Unless the gameplay is just really amazing, which I doubt.  

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week
18. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week Mar 22, 2013, 19:21 Wowbagger_TIP

I tried the first game, and gave up on it after a short time. It didn't seem even remotely realistic. Snipers aren't supposed to be a one-man army who can take out every hostile on the map. But that's pretty much the game they created.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2013, 01:00 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 23:35:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 23:02:
Maybe I'm just not 'getting it' but why the fuck would I spend $9 on Duke Nukem?

I plan to grab it just for nostalgia - I played the hell out of it back in the day.
I remember back when I used to spend money on things just for nostalgia. Those were the days...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 19, 2013, 19:37 Wowbagger_TIP

That Minuum keyboard thing looks pretty interesting. Wonder if it's any easier than any of the other mobile keyboard things that I suck at.

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Soon
3. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Soon Mar 15, 2013, 21:02 Wowbagger_TIP

I tried it when it first came out, but it seemed bizarre. I was probably missing a lot, but I couldn't make much sense of it.  

News Comments > POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update
32. Re: POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update Mar 15, 2013, 18:50 Wowbagger_TIP

I backed Grim Dawn, so definitely looking forward to that one. Kickstarter games are practically the only ones I'm really excited about at this point. Should start seeing some of the good ones later this year.

Just got back into PoE. Hadn't played since a little while before OB started. Got a lvl 36 ranger going right now, almost done with Act 3. Been having terrible luck with drops though, which is why I'm kind of over-leveled at this point. Having fun with it though. Act 3 is definitely a lot different than the first 2 acts, which I'd played through many times already.

3818 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo