Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3805 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Mar 27, 2013, 10:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Looking forward to this. Will most likely grab it near release, after waiting long enough to make sure there's no show-stopping bugs. Since it's basically the same tech as before, that shouldn't be a problem though.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Marvel Heroes in June
11. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 26, 2013, 01:07 Wowbagger_TIP

From what I've heard of their pricing, I think I'll pass on this. Unless the gameplay is just really amazing, which I doubt.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week
18. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Siberian Strike Next Week Mar 22, 2013, 19:21 Wowbagger_TIP

I tried the first game, and gave up on it after a short time. It didn't seem even remotely realistic. Snipers aren't supposed to be a one-man army who can take out every hostile on the map. But that's pretty much the game they created.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2013, 01:00 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 23:35:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 23:02:
Maybe I'm just not 'getting it' but why the fuck would I spend $9 on Duke Nukem?

I plan to grab it just for nostalgia - I played the hell out of it back in the day.
I remember back when I used to spend money on things just for nostalgia. Those were the days...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 19, 2013, 19:37 Wowbagger_TIP

That Minuum keyboard thing looks pretty interesting. Wonder if it's any easier than any of the other mobile keyboard things that I suck at.

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Soon
3. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Soon Mar 15, 2013, 21:02 Wowbagger_TIP

I tried it when it first came out, but it seemed bizarre. I was probably missing a lot, but I couldn't make much sense of it.  

News Comments > POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update
32. Re: POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update Mar 15, 2013, 18:50 Wowbagger_TIP

I backed Grim Dawn, so definitely looking forward to that one. Kickstarter games are practically the only ones I'm really excited about at this point. Should start seeing some of the good ones later this year.

Just got back into PoE. Hadn't played since a little while before OB started. Got a lvl 36 ranger going right now, almost done with Act 3. Been having terrible luck with drops though, which is why I'm kind of over-leveled at this point. Having fun with it though. Act 3 is definitely a lot different than the first 2 acts, which I'd played through many times already.

News Comments > Saints Row 4 in August
22. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 Wowbagger_TIP

If it looks decent enough at release, I'll probably buy it. Hopefully the series will continue...  

News Comments > Borderlands 2: New Content Details at PAX East; St. Paddy's Event This Weekend
3. Re: Borderlands 2: New Content Details at PAX East; St. Paddy's Event This Weekend Mar 15, 2013, 02:24 Wowbagger_TIP

I thought they said that raising the level cap would unbalance things. How are they avoiding that?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 14, 2013, 09:51 Wowbagger_TIP

"Lawyer registered PopeFrancis.com 3 years ago"

What are they gonna do to him? He's already going to hell...

News Comments > Evening Q&As
6. Re: Evening Q&As Mar 13, 2013, 23:10 Wowbagger_TIP

Redmask wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 22:53:
Kobalt wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 22:34:
Translation: someone more sucessful then us made a game we dont like so we are going to cry about it.

Did you even read the interview or just comment snipe the headline? His points are well founded and he's not really digging on Call of Duty itself so much as he's talking about how players want everything to be like it since its made everything effortless.

But Call of Doody lets me eat cake for breakfast if I want!!

News Comments > Numenera Details
12. Re: Numenera Details Mar 13, 2013, 01:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 01:10:
Not sure I am ready to get as cynical as Cutter but I am nearing the end of my pledges for sure. I am hoping to see more soon from what I have spent already.

Just from what I've seen of Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns so far, I think I'm going to get more than my money's worth in games this year. I'm fairly choosey about the games I back, and so far things are looking very good!

News Comments > Numenera Details
5. Re: Numenera Details Mar 12, 2013, 17:03 Wowbagger_TIP

I finally got off my butt and backed it. Actually I did that while still on my butt, but I think it still counts. In at the $50 level for now. Trying to decide if I want to go higher. Can get beta access at $75 I think, but not sure I even want that for a game like this.  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Mar 9, 2013, 02:00 Wowbagger_TIP

I can't see any reason to have a shred of sympathy for anyone who gave EA money for this. It's their own damn fault for being stupid. They should have directed this letter at all of those people instead.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Passes $2MM
26. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Passes $2MM Mar 8, 2013, 11:20 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm another one that never got around to playing Torment. Really can't remember why, but owell. This looks interesting though, so I'll probably contribute once I have a chance to read through it all. Need more good RPGs.  

News Comments > Strike Suit Zero Patch Adds First-Person View
3. Re: Strike Suit Zero Patch Adds First-Person View Mar 6, 2013, 00:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Nice patch! I had kind of shelved it while waiting for the checkpoints to be added. Looking forward to getting back into it once life lets me...  

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
38. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 19:15 Wowbagger_TIP

Redmask wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 18:45:
Beamer wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 17:45:
If you expected more then you are an idiot.

And, if you actually played the DLC, you'd see how damn obvious it is that the stuff has zero to do with the actual game, is somewhat annoying, and clearly isn't "cut content."

I don't know, I think anyone who just puts up with it because 'thats what they said they would do so that makes it ok and dont you dare expect more' is an idiot. DLC characters -after- a season pass is my personal line, I draw it there and I don't give a fuck if you think its fair or not, any company doing that shit won't get my money in the future. The quality of the Borderlands 2 DLC doesn't exactly have me begging for another pass anyway.

Drawing lines on the basis of anything but the value you attribute to the content is just pretty silly. If the season pass content isn't worth it, then by all means, don't purchase a season pass. If it's bad enough that you really feel ripped off, then let them know it, and vote with your wallet as well.

I certainly don't feel ripped off by the season pass content, and I'll decide on any additional content when it gets released. If it looks like it's worth the cash, then I'll pick it up. Otherwise I move on and wait for the next thing. I don't see anything inherently wrong or shady about them releasing another character as non-season-pass material.

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 17:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:06:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:01:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:41:
I'm not, just tired of hearing how "for the US people" democrats are, when they're pretty much the exact polar opposite in reality.

Yes, just like republicans, or are we still pretending that they don't do the same crap? The Tea Party ones come in talking like they're different, but they're really just a lot dumber, and still want to violate the Constitution six ways from Sunday. The only expertise most congresspeople have is in the pandering department.

Not that most republicans are any better, I don't disagree there, but I think you're confused, it's the democrats that have issues with the 2nd amendment, and like to push through health care bills as a service from the government then pass it off as a tax to circumvent the constitution.

Obama took an oath to uphold it, and he's been pissing all over it every chance he gets since day one in office.

I'm not confused at all. There's a lot more to the Constitution than the 2nd amendment, which I happen to fully support as well. Both parties are very much responsible for ignoring the parts of it that they don't like. Their respective fan-bases just tend to give them a pass on it because they don't like those parts either, or just hate the other guys so much that they turn a blind eye and/or rationalize the hell out of it.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2013, 18:25.

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 17:44 Wowbagger_TIP

Dupe. Deleted.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2013, 18:25.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 17:01 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:41:
space admiral wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:15:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:06:
LittleMe wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 10:55:
Rather than advocating a focus on constraining the power of broadband duopolists, she calls for a broad increase in government involvement in the communications industry. That approach didn't work very well the last time we tried it in the mid-20th Century. And it would likely work even worse today.

Well said! She's an opportunist looking to 'create jobs' regulating things when it wouldn't work and would cost a lot of money. I wonder what her conflicts of interests are in advocating further federal regulatory powers over the Internet when she herself was an adviser to Obama. Hmmmm. Let me guess... She wants an appointed job and to be the center of attention at dinner parties??

Oh hey a democrat wanting in increase government power. That never happens.

SMASH THE STATE!

hell yeh RollinChikn - i didnt know you were an anarchist?!

lets roll!

I'm not, just tired of hearing how "for the US people" democrats are, when they're pretty much the exact polar opposite in reality.

Yes, just like republicans, or are we still pretending that they don't do the same crap? The Tea Party ones come in talking like they're different, but they're really just a lot dumber, and still want to violate the Constitution six ways from Sunday. The only expertise most congresspeople have is in the pandering department.

3805 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo