Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3800 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 26, 2013, 23:03 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 21:33:
Dave & Buster’s Wants Your Help to Create the Next Big Game.

A virtual Dave and Buster's

Dave and Buster's Tycoon!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week
7. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week Jun 25, 2013, 08:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Dev wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 00:57:
Slashman wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 00:21:
Dev wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 21:15:
I've enjoyed this game too.

If you just remember that this has NOTHING to do with sword of the stars (they really should have called it something else), then you are good.

All of the creatures and lore in it are from the SoTS universe though. So it's not like it's a bad name. Although I guess I see where you're coming from in that it's not a 4x space strategy game.
My point is more that people who like roguelike games may not want anything to do with 4x space game, and the sword of the stars makes most gamers who know that name think 4x. I think that name does them a disservice.

I actually just assumed this was some expansion for SotS. Never knew it was something else until just now.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter Canceled
18. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter Canceled Jun 24, 2013, 19:49 Wowbagger_TIP

No real SP game was the main reason I wasn't interested either. I don't play a lot of MP, so it's very much just a nice to have thing for me. Give me a good SP game, first and foremost.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 09:03 Wowbagger_TIP

Julio wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 17:38:
I'd be all for an 'autoreport to police', not just eliminating what's out there. Realistically, there's minimal punishment for those caught which also needs to be addressed.
Realistically, most of them don't get caught because they do it in places where the authorities are corrupt or incompetent, or both.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 18, 2013, 08:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Julio wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 05:26:
Rocky movies are masterpieces.
I have no idea how... they're definitely nostalgia pieces.

News Comments > Op Ed
61. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 23:41 Wowbagger_TIP

I think pretty much everyone agrees that people have the right to say what they want.

I think we all agree that you don't have a right to not be offended by others.

Hopefully Beamer's explanations have made it clear that 1st amendment protections deal with government restraint of speech, not private restraint.

Therefore, it's perfectly fine that some people were offended by the comments/actions. It's also perfectly fine if they want to speak out about that as well.

They're also free to boycott the product/company that these people were representing.

The company is also free to sanction them if they determine that what they said/did violates company policy or is detrimental to the company in some way.

So, whether you found it funny or not, and whether you care or not, doesn't really matter. Everyone gets to say their peace. There may be consequences for the speech, but nobody's rights are being violated.

Are we done here?

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 13:36 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 12:39:
Well it's not often you will hear me say this. But I find (And I am not particularly a great defender of feminist nonsense) that the "joke" and whistling were both abysmal behavior and worthy to be shunned. You do that on the job and you are fired. But on the stage of the E3 Microsoft Event? Holy hell.

This got nothing to do with political correctness. Try doing this in an office and see the lawsuit incoming. Point: What kind of fucking retard makes a rape joke on stage, and then another fucking retarded does a whistling concert when a female PR dudess goes on stage... are only complete retards working in this industry or what.

As a male and not feminist I say, these 2 guys can go fuck off.

While the PC stuff often annoys me, this kind of crap is pervasive and just doesn't fly in the real world. Leave that shit in high school, where you should have outgrown it. On stage at a public event? Yeah... those guys are beyond moronic.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer
22. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 09:03 Wowbagger_TIP

1badmf wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 08:02:
you have too also be able to see things as they are, where it falls in the spectrum of similar things, and in that regard both DAs are still quality experiences.

No. DA2 sucked. It fell off the spectrum.

News Comments > Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer
16. Re: Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 17:43 Wowbagger_TIP

I usually wait for at least a 25% off sale, but this is gonna be an instant-buy for me. Can't wait!

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
16. Re: Path of Exile Patched Jun 6, 2013, 17:30 Wowbagger_TIP

NetHead wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 13:46:
Oh course there has to be a "wall" at some point, when there is no more content, but with their map system that's guaranteed to send you backwards it gets very frustrating feeling like you have to win the lottery not only just to see some of the content but to get to areas in which you can grind with lower penalties.
Pretty much any game is going to have a point where there's nothing new to see. I suspect they'll keep pushing that point farther out as they go, but I don't see any way that it's not going to be there.

NetHead wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 13:46:
It's a good game that's well worth giving a go, I'd even say the best of it's kind currently, but don't get to sucked in because it will get very frustrating when you try for ages/months to see the high level maps and get nowhere due to deliberate design decisions. The higher you go the less the chance of having a rewarding feeling.

Also ignoring the many ups and that major down, I have to say their prices for things are pretty ridiculous, there are a few cheap things but some cost more than a full blown game. Also the cost to increase the size of your stash is a cheek, especially when they do things that require you to store things resulting in a pay-to-win situation.
I assume you're referring to the recipes requiring storage space. They're so ridiculously painful to use that it doesn't seem worth it anyway though. I think I have about 20 stash tabs, and I certainly don't begrudge them the cost of that, as the game is otherwise free and those are really just there to cater to my inner hoarder. Since they do give you something like 24 character slots for free though, I don't see it as much of an issue.

I only play solo really though, and I don't see playing PvP as an option, as I could never compete with the people that multi-box and can afford the best gear in the game. There's really no point in trying. So while the economy is rather screwed up IMO, I don't have to participate in it much.

News Comments > "Major" Path of Exile Patch Next Week
14. Re: Jun 1, 2013, 20:36 Wowbagger_TIP

deqer wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 20:35:
Okay, so it's F2P; I didn't know that.

However, I still don't support the idea of BETAs being released and us being testers.

I also don't support the idea of "changes" -- I'd prefer games be released on cartridges that never get updated. Those were the days of solid (and tested) games, that you could become familiar with and not expect changes (changing/resetting your familiarity); such an annoyance.

It's like Microsoft "changing" windows to have no Start button. "change is good" my ass; fact is, it's just annoying. So, stop it.

Please seek help.

News Comments > Scrolls Beta Content Clarified
13. Re: Scrolls Beta Content Clarified May 29, 2013, 19:54 Wowbagger_TIP

RaZ0r! wrote on May 29, 2013, 19:45:
Every item is available for gold.

If this is true, then it's not a P2W game. I'm not for or against the game, I'm just pointing that out.
Depending on how they release new cards, you could easily just end up on a never-ending treadmill of trying to accumulate the necessary cards to become competitive with the people who just buy them. So it could still be P2W in practice.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 25, 2013, 18:28 Wowbagger_TIP

I guess their plan is to just toss out a bunch of bullshit numbers and claims to get the console morons drooling over it, knowing that they'll be lined up around the block at release with cash in hand. Most console players probably have no idea what a PC can do anyway. They've just played Bejeweled on their laptop.  

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Flashback Funded
4. Re: Jagged Alliance: Flashback Funded May 25, 2013, 15:54 Wowbagger_TIP

Bumpy wrote on May 25, 2013, 10:12:
Will keep an eye on this but did not fund. They may get the gameplay close but I totally doubt they will do the characters comprehensively like JA and JA2.

I was disappointed with the last JA game. The AI was terrible, so it lead to some pretty ridiculous gameplay and just wasn't fun. Maybe they'll do better, but I wasn't going to bet on it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
36. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 10:20 Wowbagger_TIP

HorrorScope wrote on May 23, 2013, 21:04:
Phil: it’s not required that you are connected all the time, every second of every day (Oh I see what you did there. We were talking once every 24 hours and you circled back to every single moment. Only well played if it wasn't caught)

Yeah, he really didn't answer the question at all. He just responded to his own straw man instead. Definitely should not trust a word this guy says.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 24, 2013, 08:46 Wowbagger_TIP

I've basically done the same as this guy, and built every machine I've owned in the past 20 years, aside from laptops. Mostly for the same reasons he gives. I plan to keep on doing that too. They're definitely lasting longer these days, since games don't seem to be pushing them as hard year after year as they used to. Probably get a bit of a boost with the release of the new consoles, but then it'll slow down again pretty quick I suspect.

Not sure if death of homebrew would kill the PC, but it would definitely suck. The price increase for not being able to build your own could definitely contribute to the PC's irrelevancy if that happens though.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale May 24, 2013, 08:45 Wowbagger_TIP

I found deck-building to be one of the most engaging parts of MTG and other CCGs, which is another reason why I haven't been very interested in these annual releases. You're right about these not really being P2W though. That's more MTG Online's territory.  

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
63. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 24, 2013, 00:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Edit: wow... got my articles mixed up.. disregard.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2013, 08:46.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 23, 2013, 23:22 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on May 23, 2013, 21:59:
nin wrote on May 23, 2013, 21:38:
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 on Steam.

Never played these before, but holy cow...is it just a game designed to sell you more stuff?

Granted the train simulator still wins, cost wise...

Well, no because there's no competition in the train sim. It's solely for hobbyists where TCGs are all about P2W if you plan on playing anyone other than the AI. I like the gameplay of TCGs but I could never get into anything that's designed like that.

Yeah, I wish they'd make another game like Etherlords, with CCG-type gameplay, but primarily single-player. No way am I getting into the P2W arms race for something like MTG.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Trailer
1. Re: Saints Row IV Trailer May 23, 2013, 20:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Dubstep hail to the chief... nice. I'm so looking forward to this game

Oh... and this was a cool read.

3800 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo