Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3818 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > ShootMania Elite Guest Access
3. Re: ShootMania Elite Guest Access Aug 5, 2013, 14:24 Wowbagger_TIP

It kinda reminds me of Unreal Tournament. I'd like to give it a try if I can get a key.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gameplay Footage
5. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Footage Aug 4, 2013, 10:15 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 4, 2013, 02:12:
Watched a bit of it - not very impressed I guess....just looks like more of the same. I hate to say it, but....oh well. Also, the guy playing sucks.

To me it looks like more of the same, but better, which is exactly what I want from SR games. But yeah, the guy playing does suck.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2013, 13:53 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 11:56:
They're so devastated they voted themselves another raise.

The only reason they're flip-flopping on the NSA right now is because they're worried about the 2014 elections. A lot of incumbents are in danger of getting voted out on their ass. The second they've secured another 4 or 6 year term, they go right back to saying how necessary it will be to spy on everyone.

The only way to get rid of these fucking clowns is to VOTE ALL THE FUCKING INCUMBENTS OUT OF OFFICE.

Creston
The problem is that decent people don't run for office. You kind of have to be rather sociopathic to do it. You'll be tarred for everything they can possibly dig up on you. Your family will be hounded and snooped on. You'll be massively outspent by opponents funded by the industries they're beholden to, and therefore ultimately lose anyway. I know I'd be completely unelectable in this country.

News Comments > The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Trailer
3. Re: The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Trailer Jul 24, 2013, 23:42 Wowbagger_TIP

A quick look at the forums there leads me to believe this game has some serious balance issues as well as whatever P2W issues it may have. The stuff in the FAQs was fairly vague about what could be purchased vs. what you have to find in-game.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Saints Row IV
20. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 24, 2013, 20:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Screw waiting! If you don't have SR3, you should buy it now!

The reason we have to wait a month is because retailers won't let publishers release digital versions early.

News Comments > Enter the Dominatrix Now SR4 DLC Due in October
10. Re: Enter the Dominatrix Now SR4 DLC Due in October Jul 23, 2013, 08:48 Wowbagger_TIP

DangerDog wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 03:28:
The name?

I wish this was console exclusive and GTA V was coming out in October for the PC.

SR >>>> GTA

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer
16. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 08:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Flatline wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 01:43:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 01:38:
I've heard that the game features no inventory. Not sure it's the kind of game I want.

I believe there's inventory, but no looting of corpses. Which I'm okay with, since usually on a run you shouldn't have time to stop and roll the guards for loot.

Yeah, I remember them talking about that. Basically it was for balance, since they wanted to put you up against serious corp hardware, but it would be too easy if you could just kill a dude and take his rocket launcher or whatever

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer
5. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 18, 2013, 22:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 21:08:
I still hate the stylized Orks. They just look fucking ridiculous and it really shatters the immersion. Everything else looks great though. Maybe someone will build new models for them with the editor - which I also cannot wait to check out.

What's everyone going first? I'm pretty torn. I'll prolly go Shammy, but Decker and Street Sammy are calling me too!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot they have Riggers too. Wonder how viable they'll be in this game.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go decker first... but street sammy is really tempting too! Aww.. it don't mattter... I'll be playing the hell out of this for months I think. I'll play them all!

News Comments > Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow?
5. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 16, 2013, 00:44 Wowbagger_TIP

I just picked Dishonored up today in the Steam sale. If it's as good as most people are saying, I'll probably end up grabbing the new DLC as well.

Apparently I need to get a controller now too, since I got Rogue Legacy, and playing it with the keyboard is just painful. All I have are wireless 360 controllers though. Not sure what kind of controller to get yet.

News Comments > Global Agenda 2 and Tribes Ascend 2 Take Precedence Over Tribes Ascend Patch
15. Re: Global Agenda 2 and Tribes Ascend 2 Take Precedence Over Tribes Ascend Patch Jul 13, 2013, 12:44 Wowbagger_TIP

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 17:42:
Only reason I can think of to make a sequel instead of updating, is to not do F2P anymore.

I'm curious about the sales numbers for store purchases in F2P games. Maybe they've noticed that most people make the vast majority of their purchases early, and then it tapers off as they drift away from the game to the new flavor of the month. So by doing a sequel, they get another round of players coming through and making those early purchases again? I can't really think of any other good reason to do a sequel.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
80. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 22:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 19:13:
Wow - talk about bad timing! I think I was just fired from my job this evening. So no purchases on the Steam sale for me until I know that I can do the mundane things in life like pay my mortgage and put food on the table. Right now it's one of those "don't call us we'll call you" kind of things to see if I am still employed or not, so in the meantime there's a whole cabinet of heavy liquor begging to be drunk sitting in my kitchen. Bottoms up! Drunk2

Oh wow, sorry to hear that Prez! I hope you find something soon, and that it pays well enough to support your Steam habit

I just started a new job a couple months ago after being at the same place for 15 years. It's kinda scary being out looking for something new, but can be a good thing too.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 9, 2013, 11:54 Wowbagger_TIP

Ha ha!

News Comments > Saints Row IV Independence Day Trailer
7. Re: Saints Row IV Independence Day Trailer Jul 3, 2013, 21:55 Wowbagger_TIP

Seriously sucks having to wait for this, and they keep putting out these awesome trailers that just make it that much worse!

News Comments > Saints Row 4 "Low Violence" Edition Plans?
12. Re: Saints Row 4 Jul 2, 2013, 17:35 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 16:37:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 15:24:
jimnms wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 13:48:
I saw a comment in another forum recently from Australians bitching about how games are more expensive in Aus. vs. the rest of the noworld. I imagine this is why. When developers have to rewrite their damn games to pass your nanny laws, you should have to pay more to cover the extra development costs.

Well if the dumb ass developers had half a sense of what not to put in a game like this, they would not have this problem. Despite the rating, kids in their early teens will be playing this, whether their parents know it or not. It is not an aussie problem, it is immature developers not recognizing limits.

WOW. That's just...please tell me that was sarcasm.

If you'd seen his other posts about this game, you'd know he's totally serious. He really thinks there's no such thing as an adult game (even when rated for 18+), and we all need to be protected from such filth as SR4. It's far more disturbing to me than anything in the game.

News Comments > Saints Row 4 "Low Violence" Edition Plans?
7. Re: Saints Row 4 Jul 2, 2013, 14:21 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 13:06:
Creston wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 12:24:
Wow, that's a serious amount of cutting they'd have to do to make the game low-violence...

Creston

It would be a riot if volition patched in a "three stooges fight" mechanic, complete with poking people in the eye, etc...

With stooge moves and counters like Arkham

News Comments > Saints Row IV Video
5. Re: Saints Row IV Video Jun 29, 2013, 03:35 Wowbagger_TIP

I already pre-ordered. Can't wait for this. Looks like a blast!  

News Comments > Game Demos vs. Sales, Part Two
16. Re: Game Demos vs. Sales, Part Two Jun 28, 2013, 16:10 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 13:51:
Do people even play demos anymore? I used to always play them, but haven't in 10 years. A trusted review/Blue's comments are what I use now to assess a game.

I play them sometimes. It's so easy to grab a demo from Steam. If I see something that looks interesting, I usually add it to my wishlist, but if there's a demo I'll grab it.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Kickstarter
7. Re: Satellite Reign Kickstarter Jun 28, 2013, 12:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 11:54:
It does look really, really cool. However, I am very skeptical that they can make a game of this kind for half a million bucks...

If they can, though... I mean, it sounds fantastic.

Creston

That was my thought too. Seems pretty low too me. I'm fine with real-time though, as long as I can pause and give orders.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 26, 2013, 23:03 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 21:33:
Dave & Buster’s Wants Your Help to Create the Next Big Game.

A virtual Dave and Buster's

Dave and Buster's Tycoon!

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week
7. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames Next Week Jun 25, 2013, 08:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Dev wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 00:57:
Slashman wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 00:21:
Dev wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 21:15:
I've enjoyed this game too.

If you just remember that this has NOTHING to do with sword of the stars (they really should have called it something else), then you are good.

All of the creatures and lore in it are from the SoTS universe though. So it's not like it's a bad name. Although I guess I see where you're coming from in that it's not a 4x space strategy game.
My point is more that people who like roguelike games may not want anything to do with 4x space game, and the sword of the stars makes most gamers who know that name think 4x. I think that name does them a disservice.

I actually just assumed this was some expansion for SotS. Never knew it was something else until just now.

3818 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo