Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3818 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
26. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 27, 2013, 20:10 Wowbagger_TIP

edit: dupe  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 27, 2013, 20:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Redmask wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 15:54:
I don't even want to know what happened here, do I?

I really have no idea. It was a discussion about the ACA, but it didn't seem any more heated than any other similar discussion around here, and those don't usually get blown away. I don't think there were even any personal attacks really. At least not in the ones I was responding to.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

21. removed Sep 27, 2013, 09:45 Wowbagger_TIP

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 27, 2013, 10:06.

16. removed Sep 26, 2013, 16:47 Wowbagger_TIP

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 27, 2013, 10:07.

14. removed Sep 26, 2013, 15:52 Wowbagger_TIP

* REMOVED *

11. removed Sep 26, 2013, 13:54 Wowbagger_TIP

* REMOVED *

8. removed Sep 26, 2013, 12:27 Wowbagger_TIP

* REMOVED *

4. removed Sep 26, 2013, 00:46 Wowbagger_TIP

* REMOVED *

3. removed Sep 26, 2013, 00:30 Wowbagger_TIP

* REMOVED *

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Sep 24, 2013, 09:19 Wowbagger_TIP

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 08:20:
WTF? That Rome2 'article' started my torrent client?
Happens a lot to me on Blues when I browse from my phone. Don't have Noscript or any other nice plugins there. I just cancel adding the torrent and move on though. Haven't had any issues yet aside from the annoyance. Not sure where the torrents are coming from though.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2013, 14:00 Wowbagger_TIP

A shitty control mechanism that is objectively inferior for certain types of games (read: games requiring a decent degree of precision) is a pretty good reason to favor the PC.  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 22:03 Wowbagger_TIP

Sepharo wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 21:58:
Krahulik is right. He should have never bent to any group (I don't care what group or what cause)... That's his style, that's Penny-Arcade's style, they don't need to shape their material. If someone has a problem with it they're free to stop being fans.

If you look hard enough for something to be offended by, you can certainly find it. The whole dickwolves thing was just ridiculous. Makes me want to buy one of the Dickwolves shirts they were selling, just to further enrage those that want to be enraged.

News Comments > On Star Citizen's $17M Haul
34. Re: On Star Citizen's $17M Haul Sep 2, 2013, 02:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Looks like it's gonna be P2W, at least for backers. Maybe it won't turn out that way, but it looks like it for now. Will definitely be waiting for lots of reviews before getting into this.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 15:47 Wowbagger_TIP

Parias wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 15:18:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 13:46:
At least some people wised up and avoided Saints Row IV. Horrible game.

What's so horrible about it? I'm having a hilarious co-op adventure with my friend in it so far.

I'm actually a bit saddened Lost Planet 3 didn't make this list; I just beat it and it's a surprisingly fun game. There are one or two issues, but the singleplayer component is WAY better than any of it's predecessors - they took a whole new approach to it.

He seems to be some sort of SR4-specific troll here. That or he's just off his meds and fixated on that game as the source of the world's ills.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 28, 2013, 09:47 Wowbagger_TIP

I guess they never thought to make burka skins for the female characters...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 26, 2013, 14:09 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 13:12:
Huffington Post to ban anonymous comments.
While anonymity does breed trolls, it also breeds more accurate criticism and comments.
Unfortunately it breeds vastly more of the former than the latter.

That said, I agree about the need for anonymity. They just need a better system for moderating their forums.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2013, 09:02 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 02:57:
Tom wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 16:23:
Yeah, there's no way any government employees would be in it just for the money, right? Especially not the leadership. That would never happen.

You missed my point that nobody, gov or outsourced, should have root access ;p
Yeah, that kind of undermines the story about him being some uber-hacker, or even that the government systems had "tripwires and burglar alarms". He didn't need to worry about any defenses because he had complete access. He just has to jedi-mind-trick some log files, which probably weren't regularly monitored anyway. They'd just use them after an incident for forensic purposes.

Also thought it was kind of ironic that this story is based on leaked info from people who weren't authorized to talk about this stuff :-/

News Comments > Saints Row IV Steam Preloads
14. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 08:27 Wowbagger_TIP

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 06:02:
Won't be buying this one, there are a lot better games out there than this.

owell.. Rolleyes

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 14:09 Wowbagger_TIP

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:01:
Ozmodan wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:40:
Why is it people enjoy playing a thug? I think you need a warped personality to write a game like that and to play it.

The 80's called and wants their Church Lady back.

Oz seems to reliably pop in to give us a good finger-wagging for any game like this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 13:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote:
Too many scientists are spinning the data and experiments to fit their pre-conceived notions rather than allowing their research to shape their conclusions which has also helped weaken the public's trust in climate science. It has gotten too political an issue to trust either side and finding what I consider to be an objective source is getting very difficult.
Examples? Is there any evidence of this outside of conservative punditry, where they can pass the claim off as opinion?

3818 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo