Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3978 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Invisible, Inc. Appears
10. Re: Invisible, Inc. Appears May 13, 2015, 14:10 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on May 13, 2015, 10:49:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 13, 2015, 10:35:
Mark of the Ninja was really good, so I've got high hopes for this one. Sounds pretty good already. Looking forward to seeing the gameplay.

Reviews have been very good. I like the fact that you can tweak the gameplay as you see fit.

edit: And another.

Thanks for the links! Yeah, this sounds like it's right up my alley. I'll be picking it up tonight most likely

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Support Packs & Divination Cards
12. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Support Packs & Divination Cards May 13, 2015, 13:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 13, 2015, 12:24:
My only actual problem with the game is not the lag or the desyncs (I play hardcore only). Is that the Modified Leagues end.. So they start off a league with the mobs getting specialty perks and then after 3-4 months the league ends and that's it. Your character gets moved to regular hardcore. I wish this didn't happen because I'd like to grind/progress my character to better and better with the same mods and decide if I want to start the new league.

Most of those league mods have made their way into the regular leagues as permanent changes. Plenty of people continue building their characters there, as well as experimenting with new builds.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Support Packs & Divination Cards
8. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Support Packs & Divination Cards May 13, 2015, 11:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Got into the beta last week, and already I think it's a big improvement to the leveling experience. You get better skill gems and gear with more sockets earlier in the game, and they've removed a lot of the unimportant and boring areas, making the more interesting content more densely packed. Very good changes overall.

Haven't had much time to play this past week, so I'm only getting into Act 4 Cruel, but the difficulty does seem to have increased too. They've been making good progress, adding new things and addressing balance issues with each patch. New melee ice skill was just revealed as well.

News Comments > Invisible, Inc. Appears
3. Re: Invisible, Inc. Appears May 13, 2015, 10:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Mark of the Ninja was really good, so I've got high hopes for this one. Sounds pretty good already. Looking forward to seeing the gameplay.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
25. Re: etc., etc. May 12, 2015, 16:31 Wowbagger_TIP

There you go with the straw men again. Rolleyes  

22. Re: etc., etc. May 12, 2015, 11:48 Wowbagger_TIP

There was nothing "after the fact" about it until you had to have it explained to you.

I'm gonna just assume you're trolling now, since you only seem to be interested in engaging with the straw men you've created. I said nothing about bias being impossible. That sentiment was entirely your creation.

20. Re: etc., etc. May 12, 2015, 11:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on May 12, 2015, 09:37:
Beamer wrote on May 12, 2015, 08:23:
Engaging with people, at least gamer type people, on the internet for anything regarding women right now will only drive you insane. It's a ridiculous hot button where even hinting at women being good at something will get someone accusing you of being Hitler.
I
Actually, it's a hot button issue where if you criticize people's egalitarian failings or implied approval of treating men like shit, now or in the future, some wag accuses you of saying they're Hitler if you compliment women.

So much WTF in this thread. The payback comment was obviously a joke, targeted at tweaking the kinds of guys threatened by the success of women.

As for the failure of men, some men will see the success and equal treatment of women as bias against them, just because it's been so unequal for so long. Guess they'd better get used to playing on a more level field.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
11. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 11, 2015, 21:55 Wowbagger_TIP

NKD wrote on May 11, 2015, 21:37:
Fuck preordering this game. Waiting for the inevitable "Enhanced Edition"
I'll wait for reviews... and maybe a small discount in the Summer Sale.

Edit: Who am I kidding. I don't even have time to play this. Too many other things in the backlog right now. Maybe I get it in Holiday Sale or next Summer Sale instead.

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Launches
6. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Launches May 9, 2015, 23:19 Wowbagger_TIP

RaZ0r! wrote on May 9, 2015, 19:50:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 9, 2015, 17:37:
It has to be the worst possible time to enter the MOBA market...

I agree. I think entering the MOBA market two years ago was too late much less entering now.

Yeah, now is kinda insane. Fucking Blizzard is releasing their MOBA any day now, on top of all the others. These guys are screwed. Definitely would have rather seen them make Sins 2. I enjoyed the first one enough that I'd probably get the second.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Patch Preview
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patch Preview May 6, 2015, 23:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, I just picked this up in the past couple of weeks. I'm pretty new to MOBAs, having only experimented briefly with LoL a couple years ago. This has been fun though. I'm not even to level 10 yet, but co-op games have been good for learning. Once I get a little better I may even buy a couple of characters.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 6, 2015, 13:29 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:40:
Shameful circle jerk here, is it any wonder why this forum doesn't get a lot of debate from the middle to right? *shakes head*

I might as well go read some D&D talk about "Democraps", this is about the same level of discourse.

I'm willing to hear out anyone that can explain Republican positions. I just don't expect those explanations to be palatable in most cases. Then when we get down to individual candidate positions, the repetitive facepalming can get downright painful.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 5, 2015, 12:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on May 5, 2015, 12:31:
I look forward to months of everyone pretending that they're very middle of the road cynics, skeptical of both parties... but oh the OTHER party is so noxious and foul and horrible that they have to vote for THIS party. Which is superior in all ways.

America has turned into a warped version of Japan, where everyone is forced to put on a make-believe show about what they think and believe that has no connection to reality, but there's this social obligation in play they simply must follow.

Until we fix our stupid FPTP electoral system, that's what we're left with. Unfortunately, the two parties with the power to do that have no incentive to do so.

Oh, and I certainly don't see the Democrats as superior in all ways. Unfortunately they are in most though. Primarily because the Republicans take so many noxious positions in addition to the few good ones they have. The bad far outweighs the good there.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 5, 2015, 11:13 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on May 5, 2015, 09:53:
Silicon Avatar wrote on May 5, 2015, 09:47:
Carly Fiorina for President?

Time to bust out the popcorn.

I have a love/hate relationship with elections. From now until about June of 2016, it's all fun and games, and comedy is in no short supply.

But in some point in the spring/early summer of next year, it stops being funny when you realize one of these nuts (and to be clear, it's all parties) actually has a shot at running things for awhile. And that's when it gets scary...

While I agree generally with that sentiment, I can't go all the way with the false equivalence. While the Dems are certainly captured by the special interests who fund their campaigns, most of the Republican candidates are either full-tilt fanatics of one stripe or another, or have committed themselves so fully to an ideology that they've lost touch with reality.

I have to hold my nose and vote for the Dem in most cases, unless there happens to be an independent option that isn't a nutter.

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
16. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 27, 2015, 21:59 Wowbagger_TIP

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 21:18:
Here's what's good and bad about this.

Good because Skyrim mods are still free.
Bad because the next game Beth makes will support the paid mod workshop (Fallout 4).

But I will give them credit that they did act quickly, but they should have NEVER done this to "an established, years old modding community".

But it will be coming.
Given the state that their games are released in, and how much tweaking they need in order to really be good, there's no way I'm going to buy a Beth game that supports paid mods (aside from donation model). The interdependencies, the fact that Beth breaks half of them with every patch, and that there will be little to no support for most of them means it makes no sense to buy them. Especially if Beth is taking a big cut of the proceeds. Screw that. If they'd flesh out their games more and fix their own damn bugs, there wouldn't be so much need for modding.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
24. Re: Sunday Interviews Apr 27, 2015, 19:51 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 09:22:
I just won't pay for mods if I don't want to, problem solved.
Won't be buying the next Bethesda game either if this crap continues, since without mods, I'd have no interest in buying at anything other than a $5 sale.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
14. Re: Sunday Interviews Apr 27, 2015, 01:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Xil wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 01:28:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/33uplp/mods_and_steam/cqom1kq

that was a good one, sadly no response from Gabe on that
Yeah, nice post there. I would LOVE to see a real response to that.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
14. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 26, 2015, 13:21 Wowbagger_TIP

If Apple is paying to get more renewable energy into the mix, does it really matter if those specific electrons go to them or someone else? What matters is that they push the ratio to include more renewables.

That said, I'd certainly like to see them and others pay their taxes too. I just don't see that happening unless the makeup of Congress was drastically changed.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Microsoft Health and Band Updates Bring New Cycling App Integrations, Insights and Features. Apr 24, 2015, 15:50 Wowbagger_TIP

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 14:32:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 14:06:
With the GOP controlling congress? Lol! If they manage to snag the presidency this year then you may as well bend over and grab your ankles while preparing for a right good rogering sans lube.

It would be interesting horrifying to see what would happen.
Fixed.

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
45. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 15:43 Wowbagger_TIP

I wonder if Bethesda realizes that all those free mods are the reason the sold 70 bajillion copies of Skyrim to begin with. Charging for these mods, and worse, taking such a huge cut of the proceeds, just looks like a big kick to the nuts of the community that made them so successful.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 17:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Cops make pretty decent money in most places, and usually get a pension that others could only dream of as well. I'm not going to cry for them on compensation.

Police officer doesn't even show up in the top 10 most dangerous jobs in the US. So while they can certainly get into dangerous situations, it's really not as common as they'd like us to believe. The siege mentality is mostly of their own making, due to how they view the public, and how the public views them because of their behavior.

I don't mean just the behavior of those cops who've been caught abusing their authority on camera. That's bad, and I think we all recognize that. What's worse is that these guys are often defended and end up facing few if any consequences for acts that would send anyone else to prison in a heartbeat. That's what causes those actions by a few to be held against law enforcement in general.

If they want to regain the respect of the public, they'd better start holding those officers accountable. Right now they behave more like a gang than a professional organization.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2015, 18:08.

3978 Comments. 199 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo