Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4125 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Angela Merkel Beats Trump for Person of the Year - TIME. Dec 10, 2015, 01:56 Wowbagger_TIP

Retired wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 21:45:
Nucas wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:54:
Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:26:
Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:25:
Personally, Trump appeals to me more and more. He's got balls, unlike pretty much any other politician in recent memory.

You are confusing balls with populism

For me, no I'm not. Trump is saying what needs to be said, regardless of the consequences. He's got brass balls. Putin doesn't come close to Trump in testicular fortitude, but wishes he did.

it's always instructive to see how easily the masses are dazzled by a willingness to discard the US constitution for initiatives that literally don't make any sense. let's piss money away on building an anti-brown-person wall and ban islam. and preferably shift the tax burden onto the lower and middle classes and cut the corporations more breaks. yes, so ballsy.

it also says everything that trump's fans seem to esteem putin, a guy currently illegally annexing another nation's sovereign territory. whose administration has literally publicly assassinated journalists and wrongfully prosecutes political dissension. apparently a complete lack of ethical boundaries is what gets the "conservative's" rocks off.

You just detailed the last 100 years of US politics.....yet you chastise another for doing so......

When I see conservatives lambasting Trump and kicking him out of the party for all his proposed violations of the Constitution, then maybe I'll believe they're not all just a bunch of hypocritical assholes who only support the Constitution when it suits them. Right now we have a lot of rather wishy-washy condemnations from a relative handful of them, and a lot of non-answers when asked about it.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
23. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 16:49 Wowbagger_TIP

Owell, I'll just play JC3 until this gets resolved. I'll survive  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2015, 12:34 Wowbagger_TIP

SlimRam wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 02:21:
Kitty Takes Down A Child WWE Style.

The fact that the child probably recently learned to walk makes this SO much BETTER! Hell, for the next 5 years this poor kid will probably be looking behind them as they walk waiting for the WWE kitty to strike! Childhood mental scarring caught on camera is just so Precious!

I was disappointed. Expected kitty to smash a folding chair over the kid's head.

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
13. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 6, 2015, 21:51 Wowbagger_TIP

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 19:51:
NKD wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 17:19:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 16:33:
Remember when WoW took off and then everyone and their brother wanted to make an MMO game and pretty soon the market was so flooded that they could barely make a profit?

I predict the same market saturation here.

We can already see it first hand. League of Lesbians has all the players. Even its closest competitor Dota 2 has a tiny fraction of the player base.

The problem with making a MOBA, or an MMO, is people only want to play the game that everyone else is already playing.

Do you have numbers to back that up? DOTA 2 seems pretty popular, as does HotS.

Even if those two are doing relatively well, they're only 2 amongst the 47 others trying to compete with LoL, and they've got the most name recognition.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 6, 2015, 00:46 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 23:26:
think his point was that an article about a cheap phone doesn't talk about how it works as a phone

But then, if you read ars regularly, you know this is how they operate... hipster reviews, not real reviews ,p

It's not being sold as "just a phone", so the review seems fair to me. I'm sure the phone part works the same as any other phone for the carrier you're using.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 5, 2015, 18:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 12:12:
This is the dumbest article I've seen on Ars ever. You know why you buy a $10 phone? TO MAKE PHONE CALLS! Obviously anyone buying this as a "smart" phone with a billion needless apps and gadgets is in for a letdown aren't they? Then again they're not paying $600 are they? My cell is just over 4 years old at this point and I don't care. I'll keep it until it dies. You know why BECAUSE I USE MY PHONE FOR PHONE CALLS AND NOTHING ELSE. Jesus!

Article makes sense to me. If you want a phone that just makes calls, then why buy a smart phone, let alone one running Android? Seems like they do give it its due as a $10 phone. Their main beef is that if you put a screen that bad on a smart phone, $10 or not, it's kind of pointless. Get rid of the crappy screen, the crappy camera, and the bloated software that does a ton of stuff you don't need, and put out a regular cell phone that works well for $5 instead. Hell, make it $10 anyway. At least it would be a better quality phone.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition
5. Re: Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition Dec 5, 2015, 01:39 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm thinking your animals will be your vehicles in this one. Hope the handbrake works well on that sabertooth cat!  

News Comments > Deal with the Devil Announced
4. Re: Deal with the Devil Announced Dec 3, 2015, 22:16 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:55:
Sounds like it could have been interesting but I have zero desire to play a game with an obvious feminist/social justice agenda.

Not sure if the game will be any good, but where exactly are you getting that from?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 3, 2015, 09:46 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 07:34:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 20:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 19:27:
What about xray specs to find admins who blockade entire branches of topics against edits going against their own agenda...

Which topics are those?

All political ones ,)
Ahh, I guess I'd need to see examples of it. I've seen some abuses in the past, but I've seen a lot more unfounded claims of abuse than actual abuse.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 2, 2015, 20:02 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 19:27:
What about xray specs to find admins who blockade entire branches of topics against edits going against their own agenda...

Which topics are those?

5. Re: Q3 Dec 2, 2015, 12:00 Wowbagger_TIP

Killer Kane wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 11:27:
I still fire up Quake 3 Arena once in a while. The "Chronic" mod and the Simpsons are still a blast. Even though Unreal Tournament seemed to get more game play than Q3 back in the day, I gravitate to Q3 these days almost exclusively

UT instagib CTF was my drug of choice back then. Kinda miss it now, but I'm sure my skills have atrophied significantly since then

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
12. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 14:28 Wowbagger_TIP

I can understand the frustration, but multi-gpu setups are niche within a niche, so I can easily see why support is low priority for developers too.

I picked this up already. Looking forward to it once I take a break from FO4. Maybe there'll be a patch or two by then.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 1, 2015, 10:16 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 12:30:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 12:09:
I was curious about this, and reading the article, the person in question works at Breitbart.

That does explain a lot...

From reading his tweets, he seems exactly like what I'd expect someone working for Breitbart to be like.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
7. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 30, 2015, 15:09 Wowbagger_TIP

I got my Steam Link set up last weekend. So far I've only played Ori with the controller. I found the analog stick to be over-sensitive. I'd like to see some sort of walkthrough of the capabilities of the controller. Right now I don't really know what alternative control schemes might work better.

Also, I've heard that you have to jump through some hoops to use a PS4 wireless controller with it. The XBone wireless adapter apparently won't work with it at all. Not sure if there are any other decent wireless alternatives to the Steam controller.

News Comments > Rocket League Adding Portal Content Tomorrow
5. Re: Rocket League Adding Portal Content Tomorrow Nov 30, 2015, 14:00 Wowbagger_TIP

I wish I didn't suck at this game :-/

It's pretty fun, but the AI at Pro level (next level up from the easiest, Rookie) beats me almost every time. I think u need to get better at flying and reading the ball.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Begins
8. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Begins Nov 27, 2015, 11:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 20:26:
LanikTnt wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 16:50:
It says its supposed to be in your games list when you use the uplay app but I dont see it. What gives?

I have the same problem, and I have a ticket in to UPlay support for it. According to their first response to me, it's supposed to show up in your "Free Games" list. But it doesn't show up for me. No resolution yet.

Ok, according to their support, if you have Steam, the game may not show up in your Free Games list in UPlay. But you can go to the Steam page for the game and down that page a little ways there is a banner that says "Click here to play the open beta". Use that instead.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Begins
6. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Begins Nov 26, 2015, 20:26 Wowbagger_TIP

LanikTnt wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 16:50:
It says its supposed to be in your games list when you use the uplay app but I dont see it. What gives?

I have the same problem, and I have a ticket in to UPlay support for it. According to their first response to me, it's supposed to show up in your "Free Games" list. But it doesn't show up for me. No resolution yet.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 25, 2015, 21:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Ok, those were pretty hilarious  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
47. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 01:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Regardless of any of that, there's still no reason anyone needs to run the game at 90+ fps, and there was no reason for them to spend time making that possible when there were a million other more important things to use that time for.

Game has been running great for me. I have a mid-tier gaming machine (couple year old i7, R9 390, 8GB RAM), and I haven't had any problems with stuttering in or out of the city. Just the weird weapon switch thing, and some strange pipboy graphics glitches when in sneak mode with chameleon armor active

Hopefully the patch fixes things and doesn't create any new issues. I'll probably just let it autoupdate and see how it goes.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
17. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 00:54 Wowbagger_TIP

I haven't experience much trouble with the game at all. Had the weapon switching issues, where my gun would be invisible sometimes, and a weird issue once where the pipboy interface somehow messed up the cursor so that it was offset by some amount after that. But that just happened once. Never had the issue getting stuck to a terminal.

All in all, this is probably the least buggy-at-release Beth game I've played. I'll probably get the beta patch. Maybe it'll fix the weapon switching thing.

4125 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo