Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3797 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grey Goo Announced
3. Re: Grey Goo Announced Mar 13, 2014, 13:00 Wowbagger_TIP

Could be interesting, but I have this feeling that it could be pretty familiar too.
Humans = Terrans
Beta = Protoss
Goo = Zerg

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
32. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 12:44 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 11:15:
Honestly, I don't know why companies like ea and Activision aren't hunting down the companies ...and specifically the PEOPLE being paid to provide hacks. They should have legal grounds to do so, as it subverts the original design of their software. Maybe that's where it'll eventually end up, but for now, banning the cheaters solves nothing. It's like scolding a drug addict and believing that'll stop the illegal drug trade.

The funny thing is that the community does a pretty good job of addressing things itself when it has the tools but the companies keep taking away more and more control. Activision/etc can't really sue the companies providing the hacks, many are in foreign countries and new ones will spring up to replace old ones quickly.

Can't prosecute or sue them, but I bet a few drone strikes would put a significant dent in the problem

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month
6. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:35 Wowbagger_TIP

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:28:
The first one was not F2P and it was not bad. I picked it up on sale and it was a decent Diablo like romp, but kinda meh as Cutter said.

I had fun with it. It's a pretty good ARPG. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the second one.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Launches
6. Re: Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Launches Mar 6, 2014, 10:54 Wowbagger_TIP

avianflu wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 08:57:
The giant skill tree is both a strength and weakness of the game.

Once you look at it carefully you realize there's some filler in there that could just be excised and the game would be even more fun.
Filler? I'm guessing you mean the basic stat nodes and such. I don't think those are just filler. It's part of the design that makes this sort of skill tree workable. It would be a mess if every node was a keystone or notable skill.

News Comments > Titanfall Launch Trailer
16. Re: Titanfall Launch Trailer Mar 4, 2014, 22:53 Wowbagger_TIP

Bundy wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 22:19:
I have an XB1, but I'll be getting this for PC. I played the beta on both, and I guess I'm just too old cause I cannot play MP FPS games with the gamepad. At least, not without sucking super hard.
Nobody can, which is why you have auto-aim in console shooters and you don't see games where PC players can play against console players. That was tried, and the console players got their asses kicked.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II
8. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II Feb 27, 2014, 12:05 Wowbagger_TIP

dj LiTh wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 11:33:
Cool, i'm looking forward to this once its gone gold, until then i'm eagerly awaiting next week and the PoE mini expansion (those vaal skill gems! wow!) and new 4month leagues. As for d3....meh

Basically this. PoE has been entertaining for me lately. Got my first char to lvl 80+ and was able to run mid-level endgame maps. New stuff looks cool. Should be a lot more info coming out tomorrow too.

I've found that joining a guild is a good thing too. I joined up with people from Ars Technica and Inc Gamers. Nice having people to help out, share items and party with.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2014, 14:39 Wowbagger_TIP

I don't understand the argument here. Cutter's post WAS trollish and needlessly hostile. I get that some people don't like the fact that others may be recording them, but as it was pointed out, there are already cameras everywhere, so that horse has long since left the barn. Rooting for glass wearers to get beaten and robbed is pretty fucked up either way.  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys
11. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys Feb 23, 2014, 00:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Flatline wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 23:15:
Sho wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 12:45:
Is the quicksave system in now? (Just curious; I enjoyed the original campaign even without it.)

Yup. And I believe they're retrofitting it into the original campaign too.
Yep, the email says it's there for both now.

News Comments > "No News" on Opening PC Titanfall Beta
1. Re: "No News" on Opening PC Titanfall Beta Feb 19, 2014, 01:50 Wowbagger_TIP

Still interested in trying this. Definitely not going to buy without getting some hands-on experience with it though. Hope they get the PC beta out soon, and at a time when I'm not out of town, so I can actually try it.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Mini-Expansion Next Month
9. Re: Path of Exile Mini-Expansion Next Month Feb 12, 2014, 09:14 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 04:14:
Two-hander (sword axe what?, bow?) plus spectral+throw (I dont think Ive seen this skill since I last played, is it new??) Ranger?
Spectral Throw is fairly new. Good all-around skill, especially when you combine it with a 2H weapon (except for bow) and Lesser Multiple Projectiles support gem. Probably go either Duelist or Scion (if you've unlocked her).

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
9. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 09:36 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:08:
Yeah agreed, I waited on this one and I'm glad I did.

Same here. They seem to not care to fix their issues, and since I'm definitely a mouse/kb user, I won't be touching this.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
43. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 14:06 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm waiting to see how P2W it is and how complete it is at release before making a decision. Saw no reason to get in on the KS once it was obvious that money was not going to be a problem.

Unfortunately I also won't be able to count on reviews from backers though. Many have put hundreds of dollars into this and can't be trusted to be objective.

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders
16. Re: Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders Feb 4, 2014, 01:51 Wowbagger_TIP

DangerDog wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 15:47:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 15:04:
InBlack wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 09:35:
What? So its a try before you buy beta? They must be very confident of their game.

They didn't say it would be an open beta, just that it wouldn't be limited only to preorders. I took that to mean that they'd send out select invitations.

true, if that's the case then I'll just wait for some sort of free weekend.
Yeah, same here. I do want to try it, but I'll be waiting for a demo or some sort of free trial most likely. Unless reviews are just stellar.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 23, 2014, 00:50 Wowbagger_TIP

harlock wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:54:
Redmask wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:27:
harlock wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 21:53:
this isnt a mod, its a game that licenses the source engine.. which costs the developers money to do

but yeh its a fairly complex idea so some people arent going to be able to understand this

Could you maybe explain it using alphabet soup?

what be soup is alphabet

By the time I buy this, probably nobody will be playing it anymore

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Free Weekend
12. Re: Torchlight 2 Free Weekend Jan 10, 2014, 01:41 Wowbagger_TIP

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 18:35:
It's too bad none of the ARPG games had what diablo 1 + 2 had on release. I can't say I've been impressed by any of them. Path of Exile comes closest to replicating the factors that made the original diablo a success but the loot system and the poor combat means it's longevity is going not be as good.

The reason diablo 2 worked so well is the combat was more involved then what all the ARPG's so far have done. TL2 was especially boring where a majority of the attacks just feel like re-skinned basic attacks.
What's wrong with the loot system and combat? The combat is definitely more interesting than most ARPGs. The only thing that I think really needs improvement is the monster reaction animations.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jan 6, 2014, 21:21 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 20:34:
Hammerfight on Steam. Save 50%.

I suggest steering clear of this one. It is all mouse movement click fest. My wrist actually hurt after playing. You whip a ball around your ship to hit other stuff.....it is boring as hell.
I thought it was pretty fun for a while. The physics of it are interesting, and you can get different weapons and such that make a difference in that respect. Actually requires some skill to do well. It does get repetitive after a while though.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2014, 22:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Wintyr wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 20:59:
BF4 Was not that bad a few tweeks on your pc end and installing the latest drivers helps. and i ran pretty fine. i know people that ran it without any probelms using newer hardware. the bugs are more an issue of all the crapy pc you all own thinking its the shiz. guess what its not and even ea and to inforce driver updating to make all of those whinning noobers updater there drivers to play the game bug free because they choose not to install up to date drivers sets for there pc. spyware and malware will also bug out your game. there are so manty outside issue you blame on EA/Dice the bugs in BattleField 4 and pretty superfical and realy were not that big of a deal in compared to many other release for pretty much and publisher/developer. there only end result dif is when more people buy you product you end up with more bugs. they coudl have tested the game for years and when they realsed it they would have still ran into bugs becaues of the shitty un kept pc matnice the general public and even some hardcore gamers and to dumb to fix on there own end.

Rotfl

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
77. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 4, 2014, 14:09 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 12:08:
Tired of it. They better fix the Holiday Globe thing....I still have them in my inventory, have taken pictures just in case, and it appears others have them in their inventory, but I can't select theirs or mine to trade....
Yeah, they've been disabled. I thought that's what was supposed to happen though. Maybe they'll remove them eventually. Same effect either way though really I guess.

73. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 4, 2014, 11:56 Wowbagger_TIP

Still having problems this morning apparently. Now I'm getting this error:

Error Code: -102

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.

11. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 12:06 Wowbagger_TIP

I think they're just trying to prevent me from getting that #10 snow globe card I need to get the badge! Those bastards!  

3797 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo