Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3858 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Diary, Screenshots
6. Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Diary, Screenshots Mar 1, 2011, 09:31 Wowbagger_TIP

boogiebac wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 09:00:
It's a stand alone expansion, which is free to all players that purchased 'Elemental: War of magic' last year.

Any talk of 'brand new game' comes from the fact that so much of the original needed to the overhauled for the expansion to be considered a good game.
Exactly. I don't know how anyone can consider this a bad thing.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cannon Fodder 3 Interview
1. Re: Cannon Fodder 3 Interview Feb 28, 2011, 16:47 Wowbagger_TIP

Wow. I remember playing the original Cannon Fodder way back when. Didn't even know there was a sequel, or that they were doing a new one. I remember the first being pretty fun though.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2011, 14:36 Wowbagger_TIP

zirik wrote on Feb 28, 2011, 14:18:
anyone born after the 70s would not get the batman joke. i loled.
yeah, I had to look at it for a minute before I noticed it. I suspect younger folks would be looking a lot longer... before finally giving up cause it makes no sense

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 01:02 Wowbagger_TIP

We've been storing up the Gods of the Arena episodes. We'll probably watch them all over a couple days. We dropped Breaking Bad near the end of Season 2 I think. I liked it, and my wife liked it for most of that time, but felt that it was just too dark and depressing for her. We've picked up Shameless and Episodes now. Both are great shows so far.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Feb 27, 2011, 00:51 Wowbagger_TIP

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 26, 2011, 23:01:
Onlive = Steam but sucks more
Well that, and it's nothing at all like Steam.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
133. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 25, 2011, 16:46 Wowbagger_TIP

joe2tiger wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 16:22:
I wonder if it would have been feasible for Dragon Age 2 to have the option of both play styles. A toggle switch on a new game. One for Mass Effect style gameplay and the other for old CRPG gameplay to make everyone happy.
That sounds like it would have been expensive and taken longer as well. Not likely to happen. They'd have a lot more to test and balance, and probably a lot more AI code to write as well.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Trailer
58. Re: Launch Date too aggressive Feb 25, 2011, 16:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Most of Beamer's suggestions were implemented by various mods to some degree and in various combinations. I used OOO (and later FCOM which incorporated it) to fix the leveling issues. Made the game MUCH more fun and interesting.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Trailer
46. Re: Launch Date too aggressive Feb 24, 2011, 23:35 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 21:43:
still, there is nothing else like it (two worlds is shit)

Fable III and Witcher 2 both coming out in a few months. Similar?
No.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money Feb 24, 2011, 18:51 Wowbagger_TIP

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 01:56:
If the developers know that they are going to be reusing game assets and game engines ahead of time I actually wish they would make their sequels so that they could either run stand-alone or as additions to the first game.

So, as an example, if you bought Fallout NV, you would be able to take a train back to DC if you wanted to. If you had both games, your game world would be huge.
That would likely be very limiting on the design of the new game though. I could probably think of a hundred ways that things could end up unbalanced, broken, or features that couldn't be implemented lest they cause such problems if the character is allowed to travel between the two game worlds.

113. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 24, 2011, 15:04 Wowbagger_TIP

It's not going to win every battle for you because of ranged and magic enemies and it won't even necessarily work against melee enemies because you have to stop to attack or cast... it's not a win button.
Yeah, except that they've made casting practically instantaneous now.

Jesus you people are so dead set on hating this game you can't even think clearly.
Jesus, you're so dead set on loving this game you can't even think clearly.

News Comments > On PC Bulletstorm
22. Re: On PC Bulletstorm Feb 23, 2011, 23:45 Wowbagger_TIP

What year is it again? How can they possibly still get such basic things wrong when doing a port? It's literally like nobody even tried the PC version before they shipped it. Wow.  

104. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 23, 2011, 23:30 Wowbagger_TIP

I just finished the demo. Had pretty much the same experience as Jerykk. Nobody died. Most of the enemies would ignore my mage. I used whatever the default tactics setting was. I used a few health potions during the 2nd ogre fight. It was ridiculously easy since positioning and spell targeting doesn't matter anymore. I could toss fireballs right into the middle of my party without harming them a bit. Very lame. Maybe if they fix some of the problems in patches, and add the tactical view back, I might consider getting it. Right now I'm not really interested.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans
38. Re: Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans Feb 22, 2011, 23:50 Wowbagger_TIP

There's a reason why GameInformer gets all the world exclusive previews and it has nothing to do with journalistic integrity.
Well, actually it has everything to do with it. Namely the fact that they have none.

News Comments > Mexico vs. Call of Juarez: The Cartel
27. Re: Mexico vs. Call of Juarez: The Cartel Feb 22, 2011, 17:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 16:49:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 10:32:
It's slightly different there than it is in the U.S. Here, we can say all kinds of crazy shit with no repercussions whatsoever. Doesn't even matter if it's true or not. There, you speak out against the drug cartels or the drug-related violence, and some guys will come kill you, and probably your family as well.

Which is why they need to do something about it. Instead, they do nothing, and hope that they don't get caught in the crossfire. Doing nothing is a choice. Should Jefferson and Washington and Adams have done nothing, because the Brits may have shot them? Should the peoples of Egypt and Tunisia have done nothing because some of them may have been killed?
Those are not remotely the same thing as the situation in Mexico. You can revolt against the government, and yes, you'll probably see some people killed. But governments generally hold back when it comes to killing citizens. They often have no choice in this because the military and police are generally only willing to go so far. When you have cases where the government doesn't hold back, you end up with situations like the Kurds in Iraq where they get slaughtered wholesale and there are no repercussions for the government. Then they end up as just one more genocide statistic.

Revolts only turn into all-out war, like the American Revolution, when you have two sides that are both capable of putting up such a fight. Right now, guns, and even knives, are illegal for people to possess in Mexico. Of course this doesn't matter to the cartels. So the people are kept defenseless, the government, including the police, is corrupt and/or unresponsive, and the cartels have free reign to kill anyone that looks at them funny. They could rally in the streets like the people of Egypt and Tunisia did, but the cartels would likely kill them all without blinking. You've got 2 heavily armed groups, one of which isn't even subject to the kinds of international pressure that kept Egypt and Tunisia's governments in check, and an unarmed citizenry. They'd end up being slaughtered.

News Comments > More Mass Effect 2 DLC?
15. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 22, 2011, 14:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, there was no way I was going to go back and play through ME2 again just to try the DLC. It was repetitive enough the first time.  

News Comments > Armada 2526: Supernova Announced
6. Re: Armada 2526: Supernova Announced Feb 22, 2011, 12:49 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 10:54:
I did, and didnt really like it. Im sure its a great game and everything but its not really a 4x game. At least not in my book.

My biggest gripe with it was that it was Real Time, all the time
Not my cup of tea...
Well, real time, but you can make it run really slow if you like
If you want real 4x, then I'd say go for Galactic Civilizations II.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DCS- A-10C Warthog
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS- A-10C Warthog Feb 22, 2011, 10:46 Wowbagger_TIP

reisub wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 18:25:
ASeven wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 16:31:
Here's a fan-made trailer for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co8LKJh6Xc0
Epic take note, that is how you make a trailer. I mean, I don't even like flight sims and I want to buy it now.

Wow. No kidding. Awesome trailer. No idea whether I'll like the game or not, but it just looked so cool that I want it now.

News Comments > Mexico vs. Call of Juarez: The Cartel
24. Re: Mexico vs. Call of Juarez: The Cartel Feb 22, 2011, 10:32 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 00:39:
The drug war in the US is to prevent the drugs.

Which it has utterly failed to do over the last 40 years or so. He was right about the crime increase after prohibition too. Of course some people are actually overjoyed about that.

The drug war south of the border is for control of the drugs in the area. The government doesn't give 2 squats about it's people or the "problem".
Could say the same about the government here, especially the state governments. It's more about prison industry profits than any care for people.

You want weed legalized? Fine, I really don't care. It doesn't get charged anyway at the local level in any form.
If only that were true and our ridiculously high incarceration rate didn't show otherwise. Potheads and the low-level dealers are a cash crop for the prison industry.

Cause it is working so well for pharmacuticals! ugh. I can't believe I even reply to this stuff.
Please tell me you're not trying to compare modern drugs, covered by countless patents that jack the prices up, to the kind of illegal shit they've been making in makeshift labs for decades.

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 22:06:
So, do you like living in a country with such a high murder rate? What's the last thing you did to try to change it? I'm guessing, like most people who bitch about things, nothing. Most of you can't even get off your lazy asses for two seconds to write your reps, let alone do anything more.
It's slightly different there than it is in the U.S. Here, we can say all kinds of crazy shit with no repercussions whatsoever. Doesn't even matter if it's true or not. There, you speak out against the drug cartels or the drug-related violence, and some guys will come kill you, and probably your family as well.

News Comments > Risen 2, Art, Subtitle, Details
6. Re: Risen 2, Art, Subtitle, Details Feb 21, 2011, 12:57 Wowbagger_TIP

JayDeath wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 11:03:
The first was really fun although I got tired of the repetitive cave battling starting in Chapter 3 and never finished it.
ditto.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailer
22. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 18, 2011, 23:30 Wowbagger_TIP

This game would suck ass on a console. I'll wait and see how it feels on the PC. That will be the deciding factor for me. It looks like it would be crap without kb/mouse controls for accuracy. It could be a fun thing to play here and there when I want something short. Kinda like Painkiller was.  

3858 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo