Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3780 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits
23. Re: Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits Jan 11, 2011, 11:11 Wowbagger_TIP

They just released another update a couple days ago that was almost all AI improvements, as well as fixing a couple more crash bugs. So far reports on the forum are favorable and the AI seems to be playing more intelligently. I've been waiting around for some fixes before I try playing it. I pre-ordered the game, but haven't even installed it since it was released. Maybe I'll give it a shot once I finish what I'm currently playing.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 11, 2011, 10:14 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 06:51:
nothing you have said about Obamas plans so far AnointedSword is "left wing". In fact it sounds dastardly "right wing" to me and as those seem to be your political views you should be rejoicing.

If you knew anything at all about Obama's politics, and politics in general instead of just spewing hate filled rants you would know this.
Not to mention that most of the health care bill looks like it was cribbed from the Republican plan, and they included well over a hundred Republican amendments to the bill. Call Obama a lot of things, but left-wing is a stretch.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2011, 23:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Whatever. This will go nowhere. Nobody will back it. If anyone tries, I will personally do everything I can to gin up the religious nuts to oppose it as The Mark of the Beast(TM)! It'll be nice for them to be useful for once.  

15. Re: Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits Jan 10, 2011, 23:27 Wowbagger_TIP

Tumbler wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 23:21:
Is there a demo for this game yet? How can people who passed on this game at launch see it today?
Doubt they'll release a demo until they're satisfied that the game is what it's supposed to be, and the people who've already bought it are happy with it. No real point in doing one before that.

3. Re: Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits Jan 10, 2011, 21:31 Wowbagger_TIP

It was a major screwup, that is certain. Their options at that time were pretty lousy though, and I'm not sure which way would have done more damage. I'm glad to see them being committed to fixing and improving the game though. It's a lot more than we often see from other developers/publishers. That said, they've lost the benefit of the doubt that they used to have regarding their games.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs
57. Re: Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs Jan 7, 2011, 19:56 Wowbagger_TIP

Without tactical view, I'm really not interested in playing DA2. I hate not being able to zoom out for a better view of the battle. That, along with their other poor design choices means I'll maybe pick this up in a future sale with DLC for about half price, assuming I don't have anything else to play at the time.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
41. Re: Quote of the Day Jan 6, 2011, 20:15 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 20:11:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 19:25:
Icewind wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 19:15:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 18:46:

I guess because it's only a month old. I just saw my first Facebook notification about it today... Blocked! Potential wall spam averted.

Or because it's a casual game meant for kiddies and idiots.

We're talking about 85 million players and the odds of hearing about it. Who it is intended for doesn't matter. Have you ever heard of Dora the Explorer, Teletubbies, or Barney?

Yes to all three, but I have NEVER heard of this 'game'.

/deleted facebook account MONTHS ago.

I have a facebook account, and I still haven't heard of this game. Strikes me as odd, even if it is only a month old.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
35. Re: Quote of the Day Jan 6, 2011, 18:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 13:09:
CityVille has 84 million players? How odd considering I've never seen it, muchless even heard of it untill right now. If almost a 1/3 or North Americans were playing this you'd think someone you know would have heard of it. Where the hell do they come up with these numbers? It's complete and utter BS.

This is what I was thinking. How is it that a game I've never heard of gains that kind of following?

News Comments > Homefront Interview
11. Re: Homefront Interview Jan 6, 2011, 18:13 Wowbagger_TIP

If you have no hope or expectations for the game, how could you possibly be excited about it? Either you don't know the definitions of hope or expectation, or you don't know the definition of excited. That's probably why nobody understands you. We know what those words mean.  

News Comments > Homefront Interview
9. Re: Homefront Interview Jan 5, 2011, 23:53 Wowbagger_TIP

space captain wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 17:04:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 16:25:
You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

nope, im just excited - i have no expectations

Apparently you have hope at least, which is why you have excitement. I believe what others are trying to say is that your hopes will be remorselessly crushed by reality and you will fall into a terrible malaise from which you may never recover. That is all.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 27, 2010, 23:33 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Dec 27, 2010, 23:12:

It's because of stupid bitches like the ones quoted that the TSA is empowered and is able to continue it's idiotic tactics.

Could not have said it better.

Roger that. Unbelievable.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2010, 12:01 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, it's a good game that just suffers from some lack of polish. I never ran into anything game-breaking either, and I've played through it three times. Definitely worth buying on sale.  

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 22:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Dec 24, 2010, 19:34:
I have always found it fun myself. I never really noticed too much of an imbalance with archers - of course if you give them the high ground they become lethal, but that is pretty realistic to me.

There have been quite a few upgrades since launch, though, so maybe it will be more to your liking. Friend me in Steam and the game is on me.
Sounds good to me. Thanks!

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 18:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Dec 24, 2010, 16:12:
King Arthur is on sale for 5 bucks and change on Steam today. Buy it. Buy it NOW. Don't make me have to gift it to you!

Repost here since we've moved on from the previous sale thread...

I remember reading about King Arthur a while back and that it had some serious balance issues, with archers being able to pretty much destroy everyone, IIRC. Did that stuff get fixed? Is it fun to play now?

News Comments > On Sale
40. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 18:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Dec 24, 2010, 14:38:
King Arthur is on sale for 5 bucks and change on Steam today. Buy it. Buy it NOW. Don't make me have to gift it to you!
I remember reading about King Arthur a while back and that it had some serious balance issues, with archers being able to pretty much destroy everyone, IIRC. Did that stuff get fixed? Is it fun to play now?

19. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2010, 19:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Sepharo wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 02:10:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 00:39:
InBlack wrote on Dec 16, 2010, 05:51:
So what rank do you have to be in the U.S. army to get access to TOP SECRET documents, if everything else up to TOP SECRET is apparently freely available to privates?
From what I've read, the documents that were leaked were not classified that high. Apparently something like 3 million people had access to those documents.

It's just like he said. Everything but TOP SECRET is apparently available to privates.

edit: ahaha, wow didn't do much rewording there did I.

Yeah, I definitely read that wrong. It's not really based on rank though. There are multiple classification levels below TS, and below Secret. The information is still based on need-to-know, and only those in positions that need to know would have access. With the push for more information sharing, that's rather a lot of people though, both military and civilian.

16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2010, 00:39 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Dec 16, 2010, 05:51:
So what rank do you have to be in the U.S. army to get access to TOP SECRET documents, if everything else up to TOP SECRET is apparently freely available to privates?
From what I've read, the documents that were leaked were not classified that high. Apparently something like 3 million people had access to those documents.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Announced
20. Re: Mass Effect 3 Announced Dec 13, 2010, 00:28 Wowbagger_TIP

Jerykk wrote on Dec 12, 2010, 16:49:
Does this mean ME3 takes place completely on Earth? If so, that's disappointing. A large part of the series' appeal was exploring the galaxy and different planets.
Does it really matter what planet the low-walled combat sequences take place on? One installation or cave or ship is as good as the next...

News Comments > Tomb Raider Reboot Announced
49. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot Announced Dec 12, 2010, 14:21 Wowbagger_TIP

Mangrove wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 08:48:

You look down and see your bosom now glistens with a fine spray of sweat, and mirrors the twinkling stars in the moonlit night sky above. Your turquoise top, struggling to tether your heaving breasts, is three sizes too small and you feel your rock hard nipples may tear through the material at any moment. The straps from your backpack caress the side of your warm and firm love mounds every time you breath in and out. You are feeling moist.

Beneath your titties there is a chasm and stuff.

Laugh2

News Comments > November Game Sales and Black Ops Soar
22. Re: November Game Sales and Black Ops Soar Dec 11, 2010, 11:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Mcboinkens wrote on Dec 10, 2010, 17:34:
Good for you. you only play singleplayer. That's why they have games like Half Life, Crysis, Bioshock, and GTA. What we are debating is why people say we shouldn't buy this game at all. It's different if you don't buy it because it doesn't fit your gaming profile. In other words, it's fine if you don't buy it, but don't insult us because we do.
I don't recall insulting anyone. Maybe you're just overly sensitive.

3780 Comments. 189 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo