Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3993 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses
33. Re: THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses Jul 28, 2011, 12:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 11:53:
Let's see:

- Devs make Red Faction Guerilla, a title which is very well received and sells well.
- They decide to make a sequel, but instead of harnessing the strengths of Guerilla and expanding on them, you instead turn it into the 2010 FPS of "Corridor, cutscene, corridor, cutscene, corridor, cutscene etc."
- Surprisingly, it doesn't sell well. WHODATHUNKIT?!
- Out come the claims of "The Red Faction franchise has ground to a halt," and "we should probably just cut it."

The Red Faction franchise HASN'T ground to a halt, you/the devs were just dumb fucking shitheels who ignored the fact that the previous game sold well, and gamers would likely have really enjoyed another big, open world game with tons of destructible shit.

So, in summary: Fuck you, Brian Farrell.

Creston

Precisely. Thank you.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses
12. Re: THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses Jul 28, 2011, 01:18 Wowbagger_TIP

If you have a problem with Firefly you should take it to Whedon. Whedon's shows are made for WB, not big 4 network primetime. He should have went the STNG/Raimi&Tapert route of first run syndication. Show would probably have lasted 4 or 5 seasons that way
Any move that keeps good shows away from Fox is one that I can get behind, but you're letting Fox off the hook here. They're the ones that decided to air the shows out of order, and kept changing the air times. It's no wonder it failed when nobody could follow it. Fox is chock full of talentless hacks. They cancel pretty much any good show that comes along.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences
26. Re: DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences Jul 26, 2011, 18:51 Wowbagger_TIP

It would probably take about $500 to create a far superior PC. MaximumPC just had an article where they built a nice gaming rig for $667 I think, and that was from scratch.  

News Comments > Brink Postmortem
3. Re: Brink Postmortem Jul 25, 2011, 11:36 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, the maps needed serious work. The ideas were good, but the execution was bad. The bots were definitely a problem, and some of that is probably also due to the poor maps. Other than that, it was mainly the bugginess of the release that really killed it. Had it not required months of patching to fix it, it might have still had a chance. An extended beta period could have helped resolve much of this, as the problems were obvious and easy to point out.  

News Comments > Epic on Bulletstorm Sales
81. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 24, 2011, 12:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2011, 12:42:
Going by this thread, it seems as if almost every single person that's played the full game is defending it. Maybe not in love with it, but defending it. It's not 100% but close.

Most of the people that are bashing it relentlessly either didn't play it at all or played the demo only.

Interesting. That just shows a huge, huge failure to capture an opportunity by Epic. Ok, some of the people that didn't play it at all just hate Epic, which is fine, that sentiment is, in part, exclusive to a small group of hardcore PC gamers and not enough to kill sales like this.
The rest, though... clearly the marketing failed enormously. A lot of people were turned off by it. And the demo? If people come away from a demo with an incorrect notion of what a game is then it's not their fault, it's the demo's fault.

Just some giant missteps there. Which is a shame. Game had very good reviews and good word of mouth from those that played, but the word of mouth from those that didn't, caused either by bad vibes from marketing or bad feelings from an underwhelming demo, destroyed it.

Fair assessment I'd say. Hope they learn from it, but I won't hold my breath.

56. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 23, 2011, 23:51 Wowbagger_TIP

Owell. I had fun with it. It's not something I'd buy full price, but then most games aren't. Despite the similarities, it really doesn't play much at all like GoW, so I think that's a ridiculous comparison, and anyone that's played both couldn't possibly confuse the two. Hope they expand on the idea and maybe do something better without the rails next time, and give us full access to all the weapons when we want them.  

15. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 23, 2011, 14:21 Wowbagger_TIP

I find the analyses of the game's humor here to be pretty bizarre. It had some pretty funny dialog, actually better than a lot of games manage, but it was more in the vein of stuff like, well, pretty much any movie with Vin Diesel in it. Which is to say that while some of it was good, a lot was just typical macho BS talk. Still, the game was fun, and trying to pull off all the different types of kills was challenging. After playing through the SP, I actually started playing through some missions again, just to try to pull off some of the tougher ones, and because I had gotten the hang of the game by then, the earlier levels were actually fun to play through again.

If it had been a bit less of an on-rails thing, that might have made it better too.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 22, 2011, 13:02 Wowbagger_TIP

Man, the next Carmageddon game is gonna suck...  

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Hot Fix
2. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Hot Fix Jul 21, 2011, 18:15 Wowbagger_TIP

With craploads of possible scenarios that must be tested, it's easy for testers to miss things. There are always edge cases, and minor things that just don't get noticed, like the coloring of the InfoCards and spelling errors.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Jul 21, 2011, 01:14 Wowbagger_TIP

Played the demo. It's pretty much like puzzle quest, but with poker instead of gem matching. Actually it seems harder than puzzle quest, but I just haven't really figured out the best strategies yet. I may pick this up too. Seems like it would be entertaining at least. 9 bucks isn't too bad.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 18, 2011, 17:07 Wowbagger_TIP

They seem to be cleaning up the memory issues now. FF7 is doing a lot better from what I've heard. A lot of memory leaks are caused by misbehaving add-ons too.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 16, 2011, 18:02 Wowbagger_TIP

Ok, cool. I was finally able to read their forum FAQ stuff. Didn't realize it only required Steam. Just bought it Thanks for the heads up!  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jul 16, 2011, 13:03 Wowbagger_TIP

Ugh, yet another game manager client to use? I like the price, but what sort of issues does this service have? Their support boards seem down, so answers are hard to find.

Do you have to have their Capsule client running to play? Does it have an offline mode? What hoops are they gonna make me jump through to play? Any limits on number of downloads/activations?

News Comments > Hard Reset Announced
8. Re: Hard Reset Announced Jul 14, 2011, 00:45 Wowbagger_TIP

On a side note, since when is Sniper critically acclaimed?
It just says, "acclaimed". Maybe someone's mom said the game looked nice or something.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Cthulhu Saves the World
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cthulhu Saves the World Jul 14, 2011, 00:31 Wowbagger_TIP

vaguely recall hearing the names of these games, but know nothing about them...  

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 12, 2011, 14:24 Wowbagger_TIP

You can revert to the old interface if you don't like the new one. FF is just nice like that.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 12, 2011, 14:18 Wowbagger_TIP

Drezden wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 07:32:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 22:11:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 22:09:
as long as absolutely ZERO influence on the PS3 version of Planetside 2 exists.. I'm fine with this.
As soon as i hear "we made some changes to_____ to better suit the PS3 crowd" .. I'm killing every console gamer on this planet.

That will have to happen. I don't think there is any way around it unfortunately.

It doesn't have to happen actually. If they TRUELY kept the spirit of gameplay from the original, and went with Health Bars and 1 Hitbox. Rather than locational damage/headshots. This could easily be one of the few games they DON'T have to tweak anything, and very well could be cross platform because they don't have to worry about PC gamers headshotting the crap out of the Console crowd.

Oh, I thought he meant that we would eventually have to kill every console gamer on the planet.
Rifle
Flamethrower

News Comments > Mini Robot Wars and Demo Released
1. Re: Mini Robot Wars and Demo Released Jul 11, 2011, 18:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Looks like a PvZ clone with robots vs weirdos or something.  

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 11, 2011, 18:48 Wowbagger_TIP

I haven't touched firefox for over a year now. I used to absolutely adore Firefox. I used it constantly. However, the last version I used was bloated, unbearably slow, and locked my PC up once or twice a day. So I stopped using it. I gotta ask what the hell happened? Firefox used to be fast, and awesome, and easy on the system resources.
I don't know. I'm using FF5 and it works great for me. I have certain plugins that I would hate to do without, and I don't experience any performance problems, except when I have 80+ tabs open, and even then it's usually just some lag in response times.

Now they've apparently dedicated a team to working on memory optimization and performance issues, so I expect upcoming versions to be better in that respect too.

News Comments > On Sale
31. Re: On Sale Jul 11, 2011, 09:17 Wowbagger_TIP

For the price it's at now, you'll probably get your money's worth in single player. I played through most of the main game with 2 different characters (restarted about halfway through the game with my first char). It does get repetitive after a while, but it's still fun enough to be worth it. I haven't played the DLC, so can't really say how that affects the game. I've heard good things about most of them though.  

3993 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo