Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3799 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 3, 2011, 15:16 Wowbagger_TIP

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 13:57:
Christ Centered Gamer's reviews are generally quite good.
I may have to start reading them if they all contain such delicious irony. If they happen to be fairly accurate on the game itself, all the better!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Magicka Patched
6. Re: Magicka Patched Feb 3, 2011, 12:02 Wowbagger_TIP

loomy wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 10:01:
this game is like a free flash game for $10

to make matters worse the controls are perfect for controller and horrible for keyboard mouse, so the PC port is an abortion

Works fine for me. No idea what you're blathering on about..

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo This Month
41. Re: Dragon Age II Demo This Month Feb 2, 2011, 20:29 Wowbagger_TIP

I have a feeling that DA2 is not going to be the kind of game I like. I like DA. I like the tactical combat. I like the dialog trees. I like having control over my companions and their inventories. They seem to be determined to excise many of the things I like about the game to make it easier to play for someone who doesn't want to spend time reading anything or controlling their party in combat. So basically they've decided to ignore players like me to focus on the lowest common denominator players.

I guess I'll just go back and play through DA again and try to forget there's a sequel. Maybe with mods this time.

2. Re: Magicka Patched Feb 1, 2011, 14:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Dunno about multiplayer, but I started playing single player after the last patch, and I have only had one crash, which I think was due to the beam collision issue that they apparently fixed in this latest patch. Haven't encountered any other problems.

Having fun with this game. Haven't laughed so much at a game since Portal.

2. Re: Magicka Patched Jan 28, 2011, 23:11 Wowbagger_TIP

At least they're doing something original and fun. I can forgive a lot in that case. When you can do that, maybe you'll seem like less of a douche too.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 25, 2011, 21:22 Wowbagger_TIP

Russian Media Points to Moscow Airport Attack in U.S. Video Game.
WTF. These people are shameless fucking whores. They'll apparently say any goddamn retarded thing to get some face time on TV.

News Comments > Magicka This Month
2. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 22, 2011, 17:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Bucky wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 16:28:
Unless my eyes deceived me, that was a mage with a machine gun. Just.....yes.
One of many reasons I loved Shadowrun. Wish someone would actually make a real SR game someday. Microsoft fucked it up pretty good though.

News Comments > Brad Wardell Interview
10. Re: Brad Wardell Interview Jan 21, 2011, 11:51 Wowbagger_TIP

I dunno. Steam has a lot of clout now. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they had terms that allowed them to do that sort of thing, and it wouldn't surprise me that many publishers go along with it in order to get their games on Steam either. If you're a big player, you may be able to negotiate the terms better, but for many pubs, they probably don't have much choice other than take it or leave it.  

News Comments > Brad Wardell Interview
7. Re: Brad Wardell Interview Jan 21, 2011, 11:28 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 10:54:
Any journalist that takes a "lavish trip to preview games" has completely lost any and all fucking credibility.

Not that they had any to begin with, really. They're just marketing agents for that publisher who are employed by someone else.

Edit : I found this very interesting, btw

How do you negotiate pricing on Impulse? How much say do the publishers and developers have? Is it any different during a sales event?

Brad:

Our position is that the publisher/developer has all the power. We wonít put a title on sale without the express okay of the publisher and only at a mutually agreed upon price. This sometimes puts us at a disadvantage versus other digital distributors who will just lower the price unilaterally. While most contracts technically allow the digital distributor to set the price as long as the royalty % is maintained, we donít leverage that for our sales. Itís always by mutual consent.

That sort of implies that when Steam does their major sales, THEY are the ones taking less money, and yet the publisher keeps getting their fat cat deals?

Creston
Well, yes, but so is the publisher of the game, as the actual $ amount they get could be a lot lower. Even if they're getting a 50% royalty, if the game is on sale for 25% of it's normal price, then they are only collecting 50% on that lower value rather than the normal value.

News Comments > On Skyrim Mod Support
25. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Jan 20, 2011, 21:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Bows are definitely for stealthy characters. Adding some poison to the mix helps too. I had a mage/archer/thief type of character that was pretty good at taking out all kinds of things. Just need to plan your attacks well and make use of stealth to get that additional damage boost. I was using a mod that sped up arrows too (for both me and the enemies), making them tougher to dodge.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details
36. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details Jan 18, 2011, 08:47 Wowbagger_TIP

I spent many many hours with Oblivion (heavily modded, of course), and while I had a lot of fun with it, it certainly can't be called an RPG, for the reasons that both Jerykk and InBlack pointed out.

I hope Skyrim is at least as moddable as Oblivion or FO3, since that seems to be the only thing that saves these games for me.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details Jan 17, 2011, 22:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Maybe the Radiant AI will actually have the I component this time... I hope the game looks great, but I'm a lot more concerned with how it plays. God I hope they learned a thing or two from the mods for Oblivion and FO3 and start making better decisions about the gameplay.  

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
52. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 16, 2011, 00:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Tumbler wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 22:49:
Lotta bitching over lack of demo... pretty sad state of afairs when something as simple as no demo gets this kind of response. I'm playing dragon age on the 360 and wanted to try the pc, no demo that i can find, so i should scream and throw a fit and go pirate it?
I'd say skip the screaming and fit part.

News Comments > Elemental Expansion Detailed
18. Re: Elemental Expansion Detailed Jan 13, 2011, 10:25 Wowbagger_TIP

ShakaUVM wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 18:54:
The campaign for Elemental was so horrible I uninstalled it without even trying the other parts of the game. Bought he collector's edition, too. :p

That's why I didn't install it when it was released. I heard it was bad from the early reviews and decided to just wait for them to fix it before I bothered trying it out.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 12, 2011, 15:58 Wowbagger_TIP

And since the poor dumbasses who voted Obama in for "free healthcare"(triple bypass surgeries for everybody, can I get a hell yeah. :)) there is not much freedom left in America. Oh what a feeling!!! Thanks for the hope and ****ng change. I love it!!!
Wow. You probably believe all the stuff you hear on TV, don't you? At least as long as it's coming from Fox anyway.

News Comments > Elemental Expansion Detailed
15. Re: Elemental Expansion Detailed Jan 12, 2011, 00:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Worth $50 that I paid? No way. Worth $10? Yeah, I think so. Will I buy an expansion? I see no reason to at this point.
Since the expansion is free if you bought the game, you shouldn't have to pay for it. By the time it's out, they'll have had a lot more time to fix more of the AI and UI stuff too. They're also adding more spells I believe, and more quests as well. Should be interesting.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Specs
13. Re: Bulletstorm Specs Jan 11, 2011, 14:11 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm not saying that XP doesn't work. I'm saying that Win7 does practically everything better than XP does, and I don't like having to use XP anymore. I don't have an ancient computer. I built my current machine almost 2 years ago, and I built it to take advantage of Win7 x64. I would never go back to XP. If I really want to play one of the old games that doesn't work right in Win7, I'll run it in an XP VM.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 11, 2011, 12:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Having read through the article, it just sounds like any other PKI infrastructure, but expanded to the net as a whole rather than just used within an organization or industry. It's not going to brand all your online actions with your identity, which seems to be one of the big concerns people are having. The article is short on details, so I don't know how the issuing authorities will be designated, or what sort of regulations will govern the process. Too soon to really tell how good or bad this proposal is.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Specs
2. Re: Bulletstorm Specs Jan 11, 2011, 11:56 Wowbagger_TIP

I don't understand why people still cling to XP. Win7 is better in pretty much every way imaginable. I still have to use XP at work (at least for a couple more months), and I hate it.  

News Comments > Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits
23. Re: Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits Jan 11, 2011, 11:11 Wowbagger_TIP

They just released another update a couple days ago that was almost all AI improvements, as well as fixing a couple more crash bugs. So far reports on the forum are favorable and the AI seems to be playing more intelligently. I've been waiting around for some fixes before I try playing it. I pre-ordered the game, but haven't even installed it since it was released. Maybe I'll give it a shot once I finish what I'm currently playing.  

3799 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo