Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3790 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > On Skyrim Mod Support
25. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Jan 20, 2011, 21:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Bows are definitely for stealthy characters. Adding some poison to the mix helps too. I had a mage/archer/thief type of character that was pretty good at taking out all kinds of things. Just need to plan your attacks well and make use of stealth to get that additional damage boost. I was using a mod that sped up arrows too (for both me and the enemies), making them tougher to dodge.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details
36. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details Jan 18, 2011, 08:47 Wowbagger_TIP

I spent many many hours with Oblivion (heavily modded, of course), and while I had a lot of fun with it, it certainly can't be called an RPG, for the reasons that both Jerykk and InBlack pointed out.

I hope Skyrim is at least as moddable as Oblivion or FO3, since that seems to be the only thing that saves these games for me.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details Jan 17, 2011, 22:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Maybe the Radiant AI will actually have the I component this time... I hope the game looks great, but I'm a lot more concerned with how it plays. God I hope they learned a thing or two from the mods for Oblivion and FO3 and start making better decisions about the gameplay.  

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
52. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 16, 2011, 00:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Tumbler wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 22:49:
Lotta bitching over lack of demo... pretty sad state of afairs when something as simple as no demo gets this kind of response. I'm playing dragon age on the 360 and wanted to try the pc, no demo that i can find, so i should scream and throw a fit and go pirate it?
I'd say skip the screaming and fit part.

News Comments > Elemental Expansion Detailed
18. Re: Elemental Expansion Detailed Jan 13, 2011, 10:25 Wowbagger_TIP

ShakaUVM wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 18:54:
The campaign for Elemental was so horrible I uninstalled it without even trying the other parts of the game. Bought he collector's edition, too. :p

That's why I didn't install it when it was released. I heard it was bad from the early reviews and decided to just wait for them to fix it before I bothered trying it out.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 12, 2011, 15:58 Wowbagger_TIP

And since the poor dumbasses who voted Obama in for "free healthcare"(triple bypass surgeries for everybody, can I get a hell yeah. :)) there is not much freedom left in America. Oh what a feeling!!! Thanks for the hope and ****ng change. I love it!!!
Wow. You probably believe all the stuff you hear on TV, don't you? At least as long as it's coming from Fox anyway.

News Comments > Elemental Expansion Detailed
15. Re: Elemental Expansion Detailed Jan 12, 2011, 00:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Worth $50 that I paid? No way. Worth $10? Yeah, I think so. Will I buy an expansion? I see no reason to at this point.
Since the expansion is free if you bought the game, you shouldn't have to pay for it. By the time it's out, they'll have had a lot more time to fix more of the AI and UI stuff too. They're also adding more spells I believe, and more quests as well. Should be interesting.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Specs
13. Re: Bulletstorm Specs Jan 11, 2011, 14:11 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm not saying that XP doesn't work. I'm saying that Win7 does practically everything better than XP does, and I don't like having to use XP anymore. I don't have an ancient computer. I built my current machine almost 2 years ago, and I built it to take advantage of Win7 x64. I would never go back to XP. If I really want to play one of the old games that doesn't work right in Win7, I'll run it in an XP VM.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 11, 2011, 12:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Having read through the article, it just sounds like any other PKI infrastructure, but expanded to the net as a whole rather than just used within an organization or industry. It's not going to brand all your online actions with your identity, which seems to be one of the big concerns people are having. The article is short on details, so I don't know how the issuing authorities will be designated, or what sort of regulations will govern the process. Too soon to really tell how good or bad this proposal is.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Specs
2. Re: Bulletstorm Specs Jan 11, 2011, 11:56 Wowbagger_TIP

I don't understand why people still cling to XP. Win7 is better in pretty much every way imaginable. I still have to use XP at work (at least for a couple more months), and I hate it.  

News Comments > Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits
23. Re: Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits Jan 11, 2011, 11:11 Wowbagger_TIP

They just released another update a couple days ago that was almost all AI improvements, as well as fixing a couple more crash bugs. So far reports on the forum are favorable and the AI seems to be playing more intelligently. I've been waiting around for some fixes before I try playing it. I pre-ordered the game, but haven't even installed it since it was released. Maybe I'll give it a shot once I finish what I'm currently playing.  

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 11, 2011, 10:14 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 06:51:
nothing you have said about Obamas plans so far AnointedSword is "left wing". In fact it sounds dastardly "right wing" to me and as those seem to be your political views you should be rejoicing.

If you knew anything at all about Obama's politics, and politics in general instead of just spewing hate filled rants you would know this.
Not to mention that most of the health care bill looks like it was cribbed from the Republican plan, and they included well over a hundred Republican amendments to the bill. Call Obama a lot of things, but left-wing is a stretch.

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2011, 23:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Whatever. This will go nowhere. Nobody will back it. If anyone tries, I will personally do everything I can to gin up the religious nuts to oppose it as The Mark of the Beast(TM)! It'll be nice for them to be useful for once.  

15. Re: Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits Jan 10, 2011, 23:27 Wowbagger_TIP

Tumbler wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 23:21:
Is there a demo for this game yet? How can people who passed on this game at launch see it today?
Doubt they'll release a demo until they're satisfied that the game is what it's supposed to be, and the people who've already bought it are happy with it. No real point in doing one before that.

3. Re: Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits Jan 10, 2011, 21:31 Wowbagger_TIP

It was a major screwup, that is certain. Their options at that time were pretty lousy though, and I'm not sure which way would have done more damage. I'm glad to see them being committed to fixing and improving the game though. It's a lot more than we often see from other developers/publishers. That said, they've lost the benefit of the doubt that they used to have regarding their games.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs
57. Re: Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs Jan 7, 2011, 19:56 Wowbagger_TIP

Without tactical view, I'm really not interested in playing DA2. I hate not being able to zoom out for a better view of the battle. That, along with their other poor design choices means I'll maybe pick this up in a future sale with DLC for about half price, assuming I don't have anything else to play at the time.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
41. Re: Quote of the Day Jan 6, 2011, 20:15 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 20:11:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 19:25:
Icewind wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 19:15:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 18:46:

I guess because it's only a month old. I just saw my first Facebook notification about it today... Blocked! Potential wall spam averted.

Or because it's a casual game meant for kiddies and idiots.

We're talking about 85 million players and the odds of hearing about it. Who it is intended for doesn't matter. Have you ever heard of Dora the Explorer, Teletubbies, or Barney?

Yes to all three, but I have NEVER heard of this 'game'.

/deleted facebook account MONTHS ago.

I have a facebook account, and I still haven't heard of this game. Strikes me as odd, even if it is only a month old.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
35. Re: Quote of the Day Jan 6, 2011, 18:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 13:09:
CityVille has 84 million players? How odd considering I've never seen it, muchless even heard of it untill right now. If almost a 1/3 or North Americans were playing this you'd think someone you know would have heard of it. Where the hell do they come up with these numbers? It's complete and utter BS.

This is what I was thinking. How is it that a game I've never heard of gains that kind of following?

News Comments > Homefront Interview
11. Re: Homefront Interview Jan 6, 2011, 18:13 Wowbagger_TIP

If you have no hope or expectations for the game, how could you possibly be excited about it? Either you don't know the definitions of hope or expectation, or you don't know the definition of excited. That's probably why nobody understands you. We know what those words mean.  

News Comments > Homefront Interview
9. Re: Homefront Interview Jan 5, 2011, 23:53 Wowbagger_TIP

space captain wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 17:04:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 16:25:
You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

nope, im just excited - i have no expectations

Apparently you have hope at least, which is why you have excitement. I believe what others are trying to say is that your hopes will be remorselessly crushed by reality and you will fall into a terrible malaise from which you may never recover. That is all.

3790 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo