Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3843 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > Armada 2526: Supernova Announced
6. Re: Armada 2526: Supernova Announced Feb 22, 2011, 12:49 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 10:54:
I did, and didnt really like it. Im sure its a great game and everything but its not really a 4x game. At least not in my book.

My biggest gripe with it was that it was Real Time, all the time
Not my cup of tea...
Well, real time, but you can make it run really slow if you like
If you want real 4x, then I'd say go for Galactic Civilizations II.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DCS- A-10C Warthog
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS- A-10C Warthog Feb 22, 2011, 10:46 Wowbagger_TIP

reisub wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 18:25:
ASeven wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 16:31:
Here's a fan-made trailer for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co8LKJh6Xc0
Epic take note, that is how you make a trailer. I mean, I don't even like flight sims and I want to buy it now.

Wow. No kidding. Awesome trailer. No idea whether I'll like the game or not, but it just looked so cool that I want it now.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Mexico vs. Call of Juarez: The Cartel
24. Re: Mexico vs. Call of Juarez: The Cartel Feb 22, 2011, 10:32 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 00:39:
The drug war in the US is to prevent the drugs.

Which it has utterly failed to do over the last 40 years or so. He was right about the crime increase after prohibition too. Of course some people are actually overjoyed about that.

The drug war south of the border is for control of the drugs in the area. The government doesn't give 2 squats about it's people or the "problem".
Could say the same about the government here, especially the state governments. It's more about prison industry profits than any care for people.

You want weed legalized? Fine, I really don't care. It doesn't get charged anyway at the local level in any form.
If only that were true and our ridiculously high incarceration rate didn't show otherwise. Potheads and the low-level dealers are a cash crop for the prison industry.

Cause it is working so well for pharmacuticals! ugh. I can't believe I even reply to this stuff.
Please tell me you're not trying to compare modern drugs, covered by countless patents that jack the prices up, to the kind of illegal shit they've been making in makeshift labs for decades.

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 22:06:
So, do you like living in a country with such a high murder rate? What's the last thing you did to try to change it? I'm guessing, like most people who bitch about things, nothing. Most of you can't even get off your lazy asses for two seconds to write your reps, let alone do anything more.
It's slightly different there than it is in the U.S. Here, we can say all kinds of crazy shit with no repercussions whatsoever. Doesn't even matter if it's true or not. There, you speak out against the drug cartels or the drug-related violence, and some guys will come kill you, and probably your family as well.

News Comments > Risen 2, Art, Subtitle, Details
6. Re: Risen 2, Art, Subtitle, Details Feb 21, 2011, 12:57 Wowbagger_TIP

JayDeath wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 11:03:
The first was really fun although I got tired of the repetitive cave battling starting in Chapter 3 and never finished it.
ditto.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailer
22. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 18, 2011, 23:30 Wowbagger_TIP

This game would suck ass on a console. I'll wait and see how it feels on the PC. That will be the deciding factor for me. It looks like it would be crap without kb/mouse controls for accuracy. It could be a fun thing to play here and there when I want something short. Kinda like Painkiller was.  

News Comments > Civilization V Patch Notes
10. Re: Civilization V Patch Notes Feb 18, 2011, 23:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Maybe not more fun, but I still fire up ME2 from time to time for some quick planet-scanning action.  

8. Re: Civilization V Patch Notes Feb 18, 2011, 20:41 Wowbagger_TIP

see the potential, and I try to give these games the benefit of the doubt because I have a number of friends who put a lot of time into them. I got tired of Civ4 after 2 or 3 games, and the Civ5 demo was just awful. I think it's just poor execution. I missed out on Civ3 and earlier and I'm always wondering if praise of the older games is just nostalgic or if they really were much better than this modern mush.
I'd say you should just accept that this isn't your type of game, but that other people do enjoy this type of game. I'm liking Civ V a lot. Each patch seems to make it a bit better too.

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict Patch
7. Re: X3: Terran Conflict Patch Feb 18, 2011, 20:39 Wowbagger_TIP

I'd say the tutorial is bad for the most part. I got most of my relevant info from the Egosoft forums(as well as a great Cockpit mod that I never play without).
What mod is that? I'll probably give it a shot again. May not happen for a few more months though. Between a 3-week trip I've got coming up, and all the other games coming out in the next few months, it might be mid-summer or so before I get to it.

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict Patch
2. Re: X3: Terran Conflict Patch Feb 18, 2011, 14:30 Wowbagger_TIP

I bought this on Steam a while back, but have barely touched it since then. I got my ass kicked in the very first mission, which is basically the tutorial. I think it severely demoralized me!  

2. Re: Civilization V Patch Notes Feb 18, 2011, 10:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Sounds like a good set of changes to me. I prefer playing a tall empire really. Game doesn't make it easy though.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 17, 2011, 14:40 Wowbagger_TIP

MNC has become my new favorite MP game. It's got a fair learning curve to it, tougher than TF2's, but I'm just focusing on the Tank class now to try to learn how to play it effectively. It's a lot of fun and an amazing value for $15. Some of the announcer's lines are hilarious too.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 15, 2011, 12:37 Wowbagger_TIP

All of them sound unbelievably lame too. How many Mafia Wars variations are out there now anyway? All those recruit-your-friends games are just retarded.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Preorders, Specs
10. Re: Portal 2 Preorders, Specs Feb 14, 2011, 16:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Can't wait for this. I'll take more Portal over Half-Life any day.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge 2 On Hold?
13. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 On Hold? Feb 14, 2011, 12:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Veinman wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 12:27:
I really enjoyed the first game, although I think it would have been more fun with no gunplay. I'd love a true sequel, but I fear they'd ruin it by going 3rd person or something ridiculous like that.
Yeah. It's not like they didn't get pretty consistent criticism about the first. It should be a no-brainer to do the second one better. Getting rid of the mandatory fighting/gunplay stuff was the main thing I think. The only other real issue I had with it was that it could be pretty difficult to figure out where to go next, and some ways that seemed like a way forward, weren't. When you have a squad of guys with automatic weapons chasing you, you don't have much time to analyze the situation, so I often found myself running into a dead end, literally.

This lead to me taking the approach of going into a new area knowing that I was going to die repeatedly, so I would use what time I had to try to explore the area for potential routes, before ultimately being mowed down by the security forces. Then I would try it for real, at least up until the next part where I ran into a dead end.

News Comments > No PC Transformers Sequel
9. Re: No PC Transformers Sequel Feb 14, 2011, 12:43 Wowbagger_TIP

I played the XBox demo of the first one. Thought it was horrible. Haven't cared about PC ports.  

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta
11. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 12, 2011, 00:08 Wowbagger_TIP

I use Steam mostly, but have several games on Impulse as well. Don't really use any of the others. Don't like D2D because the binary encryption they use screws with some mods.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Feb 11, 2011, 11:00 Wowbagger_TIP

Suddenly_Dead wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 10:33:
I was under the impression that minigames during loading screens were patentented by Namco or someone.
Seems like there would be no way to really enforce such a patent. There's a long history of games loading stuff in the background while a player is still playing. All they have to do is come up with some sort of death mechanism or area transfer mechanism like the death minigame thing in Prey. Just don't make it an explicit loading screen.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 10, 2011, 22:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, Fox has never been terribly concerned with reporting truth though. They are the organization that went to court to defend their right to knowingly lie in their reporting. And won.  

News Comments > Homefront Trailer
2. Re: Homefront Trailer Feb 10, 2011, 22:35 Wowbagger_TIP

I've never really had a problem with the engine. It's always been pretty smooth and responsive for me. Some of the games based on it have certainly sucked though.  

News Comments > Crasher Price Cut and Demo
2. Re: Crasher Price Cut and Demo Feb 10, 2011, 22:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, I tried to play the demo, but there was only a handful of servers available and they were all empty. Ended up deleting it yesterday.  

3843 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo