Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3946 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 27, 2011, 09:22 Wowbagger_TIP

If there were any mods that fixed the retarded design decisions of FC2, I would have picked it up a while ago. But even today it seems there are no mods for it. It's dead. I'm not giving them a penny for it, and I hope they learn not to be quite so stupid in the future.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution May 27, 2011, 09:13 Wowbagger_TIP

The soundtrack seems pretty good too. Hope they still offer that by the time I can buy this.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Dawn of War II: Retribution Patch and DLC
5. Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution Patch and DLC May 27, 2011, 09:07 Wowbagger_TIP

I've played since then, but haven't really looked at the store. Had someone do a trade with me the other night. There were a lot of items I'd never heard of, so yeah, I guess I'm a bit behind on that. Thankfully most of it doesn't matter much in the game.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II: Retribution Patch and DLC
2. Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution Patch and DLC May 26, 2011, 22:52 Wowbagger_TIP

There was paid DLC for TF2? What was that?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Frozen Synapse
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Frozen Synapse May 26, 2011, 22:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Looks pretty awesome. I'm definitely a fan of tactical games like this. Unfortunately, after Portal 2 and Witcher 2, my game budget is exhausted at the moment. Got DX:HR coming up in August, which will likely be a full-price purchase for me too, so this may have to wait until fall. Maybe it'll be on sale by then.  

News Comments > Red Faction: Armageddon Demo an OnLive Exclusive
11. Re: Red Faction: Armageddon Demo an OnLive Exclusive May 26, 2011, 16:04 Wowbagger_TIP

It's retarded as hell to intentionally limit the distribution of a game demo. I hope they got a lot of cash for it. They sure aren't getting mine.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews May 25, 2011, 14:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Bought SPAZ the other day. Pretty good so far. Hoping that it will be great by the time it gets out of beta. Lots of good suggestions and fixes on the forums, and the devs seem to be pretty responsive too.

I mainly just wanted to support them, since it's really just two guys building the game. I want more games like this. I pine for the days of games like Star Control 2 and Escape Velocity Nova.

News Comments > Torchlight II Q&A, Screenshots
13. Re: Torchlight II Q&A, Screenshots May 24, 2011, 14:25 Wowbagger_TIP

You mean aside from the 3 different classes and various talent trees to mess with? Or the never ending dungeon...etc.
Doesn't matter really. They're all just as repetitive, so a never-ending dungeon isn't really a plus.

News Comments > Brink Patched
12. Re: Brink Patched May 24, 2011, 11:28 Wowbagger_TIP

I"m planning to give it a try again tonight. Hopefully most servers will be updated by then.

The only other major issue I have with the game (aside from balance issues, but those are always ongoing) is the problem with invisible characters. It's only happened to me once, but it's still something that needs fixing asap.

News Comments > Torchlight II Q&A, Screenshots
6. Re: Torchlight II Q&A, Screenshots May 23, 2011, 22:23 Wowbagger_TIP

Was far too repetitive, and too easy really. Got boring after a few hours.  

News Comments > Brink Patched
2. Re: Brink Patched May 23, 2011, 22:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Maybe try a different server. Medics revive me all the time. Maybe you were playing with people who still didn't know what they were doing yet.
Or maybe they were just dicks.

Sometimes it's hard to tell...

Anyway, I'm glad to see they fixed the sound issue finally. The alt-tab thing is welcome too. That annoyed the hell out of me.

News Comments > Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better
21. Re: Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better May 23, 2011, 13:14 Wowbagger_TIP

It's the publishers responsibility in the end but Obsidian was given a very fair schedule for the scope of the game, they should share some blame here.
I don't know that we have enough information to say that. The game was very ambitious, and I think it largely succeeded in most respects. While the combat and stealth may not have been what people were expecting, I thought they were still pretty good. VtM:B caught flack for having that sort of combat too, but I still think it's a valid choice for that type of game.

Ultimately, the game needed some additional polishing that it didn't get, but it's far from being a bad game. A lot of the reviews were really unfair, and showed that the reviewer had no idea what the game was about or what they were doing, and didn't really give it a chance.

News Comments > Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better
7. Re: Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better May 21, 2011, 18:49 Wowbagger_TIP

The controls were rough in some areas, but certainly not to the point of being game-breaking. It was probably my favorite game of last year. I played through it 3 times in a row. Starting to want to play through it again already.

I just picked up Space Pirates and Zombies though, and that will probably keep me busy for a while. Seems like a cool little game that's being developed by 2 guys who apparently really loved Star Control 2, just like me

News Comments > Brink Patch Next Week
15. Re: Brink Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 21:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Jesus, can you stop using emoticons? What are you, pussies?
It's ok to express your emoticons. It doesn't make you less of a man.

News Comments > IGN sells Direct2Drive?
10. Re: IGN sells Direct2Drive? May 20, 2011, 20:48 Wowbagger_TIP

I bailed from Impulse when it was sold to Gamestop
I'm with you on that. I want to buy Space Pirates and Zombies, but I don't want to do anything to support GameStop. The only games I have through Impulse are Stardock-published games and DA:O.

News Comments > Brink Patch Next Week
10. Re: Brink Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 20:44 Wowbagger_TIP

Prolonged amount of time my ass! I've had sound cut out on the first map I play on within just a few minutes. I ran into the invisible player problem last night too. That was fucking weird. I didn't even know that was an issue until I started seeing muzzle flashes appear in mid-air.

This game is fun and has a lot of potential, but this patch needs to be the first of at least several to fix all the issues and hopefully differentiate and balance the weapons a bit more. They need to get the damn VOIP working too!

News Comments > Project Redlime Expands
2. Re: Project Redlime Expands May 20, 2011, 16:09 Wowbagger_TIP

I wish I could get excited about this. I loved, and played the hell out of the original Syndicate. The sequel didn't have the same feel as the original and I was never able to get into it. I'd love to see a game like the original with even more options and freedom, and of course updated sound and visuals. I just have little faith in EA to do anything right.  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2011, 15:23 Wowbagger_TIP

Dragon Age 2 may have had a few impressive aspects to it, but it was overall not a good game. I agree pretty much completely with the review at RPG Codex.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=224

They need to quit screwing around with yet another "action RPG" and make real RPGs. Let Mass Effect be the RPG-lite game.

News Comments > IGN sells Direct2Drive?
5. Re: IGN sells Direct2Drive? May 20, 2011, 15:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Plus you know that Gamefly just bought Direct2Drive so that they can immediately shut it down and twirl their villain mustaches.
Same goes for Impulse and GameStop. The IGN writer is a moron.

News Comments > Hellgate's North American F2P Return
16. Re: Hellgate's North American F2P Return May 19, 2011, 16:14 Wowbagger_TIP

The entire game is a series of half baked features, why do properties like this even get revived at all when so many good ones don't get a second chance?
Because they think they can monetize the fuck out of it with microtransactions, and given the other kinds of crap people are willing to throw their money at, it's not very far-fetched to think it might work for them.

I'm certainly willing to play this for free - it can't be any worse than it was. Right? Right?
I'd rather buy an actual game and have fun than spend money to support their fucked up business model.

3946 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo