Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3976 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > Mini Robot Wars and Demo Released
1. Re: Mini Robot Wars and Demo Released Jul 11, 2011, 18:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Looks like a PvZ clone with robots vs weirdos or something.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 11, 2011, 18:48 Wowbagger_TIP

I haven't touched firefox for over a year now. I used to absolutely adore Firefox. I used it constantly. However, the last version I used was bloated, unbearably slow, and locked my PC up once or twice a day. So I stopped using it. I gotta ask what the hell happened? Firefox used to be fast, and awesome, and easy on the system resources.
I don't know. I'm using FF5 and it works great for me. I have certain plugins that I would hate to do without, and I don't experience any performance problems, except when I have 80+ tabs open, and even then it's usually just some lag in response times.

Now they've apparently dedicated a team to working on memory optimization and performance issues, so I expect upcoming versions to be better in that respect too.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > On Sale
31. Re: On Sale Jul 11, 2011, 09:17 Wowbagger_TIP

For the price it's at now, you'll probably get your money's worth in single player. I played through most of the main game with 2 different characters (restarted about halfway through the game with my first char). It does get repetitive after a while, but it's still fun enough to be worth it. I haven't played the DLC, so can't really say how that affects the game. I've heard good things about most of them though.  

News Comments > New Battlefield 3 Details
41. Re: New Battlefield 3 Details Jul 8, 2011, 22:47 Wowbagger_TIP

I think I'm gonna play a sniper...  

News Comments > Distant Worlds Patch
1. Re: Distant Worlds Patch Jul 7, 2011, 20:16 Wowbagger_TIP

Has anyone played this game? Is it any good?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 5, 2011, 12:13 Wowbagger_TIP

The Daily Mail is always good for my daily dose of insane news.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2011, 14:21 Wowbagger_TIP

"Now the games will no longer pause instantly if a connection is lost, but will still require an internet connection to validate the install every time the game is booted up."
Still too restrictive. Going from absolutely insane DRM to somewhat less insane DRM isn't something to be supportive of.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2011, 13:20 Wowbagger_TIP

Thinking about Tropico 3. Dirt cheap, and I've heard it is fairly fun. DA2 can continue to kiss my ass. Maybe someday it'll hit $5 and I'll buy it. At this point, I just don't want to validate any of the bullshit we've heard from EA/Bioware.  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2011, 13:10 Wowbagger_TIP

still waiting....  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 27, 2011, 22:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Just wish they'd let us build our own decks. It's fucking obvious, and it pisses me off that they won't implement that.  

News Comments > First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks
21. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 25, 2011, 12:52 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah everyone else is just imagining it, go back to hanging out with less than one thousand people who share that opinion.
There were a lot of bugs at first, which put many people off the game. They've fixed most of it now, but it's hard to get people to give it another try. I've never experienced single-player lag, but I've run into plenty of other bugs. Hopefully things like this free DLC will encourage people to give it another chance. A free week would be even better.

News Comments > First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks
14. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 17:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Seems like they've fixed a lot of the major issues now, so maybe this free DLC offer will bring some people back to the game to try again. I do agree that if they're smart though, they'll do an actual free week sometime soon. Maybe along with the next patch.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2011, 17:33 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm up to the seventh or eighth mission now. Some have taken a few tries, but I've been learning from the failures too. I've found it to be challenging, but not to the point of being overly frustrating. The toughest mission so far was probably the one where you first run into enemies with rocket launchers. That one gave me some trouble.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 19, 2011, 10:26 Wowbagger_TIP

They've supposedly created a special team now, specifically to work on improving the memory situation. Looking forward to seeing what they can accomplish.  

News Comments > Homefront 2 Confirmed
4. Re: Homefront 2 Confirmed Jun 13, 2011, 22:47 Wowbagger_TIP

You know, just sayin', the problem stated in Homefront is real. Nukes in space. The USA is rapidly on track to have perfect missile defenses: no ICBM nuke will make it to US soil. BUT, if you just launch them high above the US and don't try to make it through the missile shield before you detonate them: massive electromagnetic pulse. All your power lines (well the lines will be fine but all the substations will be burnt out), your computers, your cars, just turned into junk. Now, try to fix and replace *ALL* of it at the same time.
Ok, so someone with enough nukes could launch a suicide attack against the US and take out our electronics. Then what? What's their endgame? Do they have some kind of desperate need to depopulate their country... completely? Just not making much sense here...

News Comments > BF3 Preorder Backlash
41. Re: BF3 Preorder Backlash Jun 13, 2011, 15:16 Wowbagger_TIP

I want to get a map pack that most other players won't have, why, exactly? Brilliant! Let's see what else we can do to fracture the community right from the start!  

11. Re: Game Reviews Jun 13, 2011, 15:12 Wowbagger_TIP

PC Gamer gave the glowing review to DA2 as well, right? Is this really a surprise? They're the very definition of sellouts.  

News Comments > BF3 Preorder Backlash
37. Re: BF3 Preorder Backlash Jun 13, 2011, 14:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Wait, so there's a map pack that's a pre-order bonus? What the hell is the point of that if everyone doesn't have it? Doesn't that just drastically limit the pool of players you can play with?  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 13, 2011, 00:54 Wowbagger_TIP

Problem is that the .com domains they have now are worth a lot of money. Unless they're going to be fairly compensated for them, they have no reason to give them up. Even if most of them did, there will be at least some that don't. Not a lot you can do about it.  

6. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2011, 23:38 Wowbagger_TIP

Bulletstorm was actually pretty fun, even if it did have some problems. It's still a game you don't want to pay full price for, but it's nowhere near the steaming pile of shit that DNF is.  

3976 Comments. 199 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo