Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3809 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
706. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 13:00 Wowbagger_TIP

Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 12:18:
Where'd that weird "Korea" come from in your Beamer quote Wowbagger?
Hah. I have no idea. Managing quotes and stuff is a PITA when I'm posting from my phone. Can't imagine where that word came from though.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC
2. Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC Oct 30, 2013, 12:20 Wowbagger_TIP

I just got RS2014 yesterday, along with a guitar, and I'm trying to learn from scratch. Never played at all before. This is gonna be interesting  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

703. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 12:16 Wowbagger_TIP

Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:28:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:23:

Lol. Most shareholders have little power over consequences for a CEO. They may step down after a major fuckup, but they're still gonna get paid tens of millions on the way out.
Korea
Well, in theory that golden parachute serves two purposes:
1) To get them to be willing to take the job. CEO is an apex position, and a short lived one. Despite what you see from celeb CEOs, the average CEO tenure is something like 2 years. And it can be hard to go from being a CEO somewhere to anything anywhere - usually it's CEO then retirement, whether you want it or not. So that parachute is to help convince someone it's good to go from a VP job you can ride for a bit to a job where the clock ticks faster (in truth, VP jobs have a clicking clock, too. The new CEO wants his people. Someone younger is bringing in fresher ideas. Or you were in charge during bad years, which had nothing to do with you, and now that things turned around they want that stigma of older management gone)
2) It rewards risk. You don't want a CEO playing it safe and going for moderate growth afraid he'll fail and be ruined. You want a CEO willing to take chances. That golden parachute is his insurance in chase a risk doesn't pan out. If it pans out, the company gets huge growth. If it doesn't, the company has a bad few years and the CEO gets booted for one that hopefully can change things

Golden parachutes are infuriating and usually too large, but are inherently a good and necessary thing.

Oh look, I'm defending corporations and CEOs! I must be parroting the DNC!

That actually makes sense, and I get it that the incentives are needed. I just think that, like you said, they're often too large, and they often seem to have almost no strings attached, so it doesn't matter how spectacularly bad they perform. They're retiring rich regardless. Even if they've sent the company into a nosedive.

691. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:23 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:17:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:15:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:14:
You're moving the goalpost, now it's only CEO's don't get fired, a minute ago it was no one in business ever gets fired.

No, no I am not. I am using CEOs as examples because they are high profile and it's easy to look at them - Johnny QA being fired never makes headlines.

But, to your point, in my first paragraph I say "President and VP," neither of whom are CEOs, and in my second paragraph I say "People," who certainly aren't CEOs.

Only my second to last sentence says "CEO." It isn't my fault you can't read and project that to all the lines you read before.

The reason they don't say fired is because they step down to save face, it's the same thing, if the share holders want a change, a change they get. Share holders being people, like you and me.

Lol. Most shareholders have little power over consequences for a CEO. They may step down after a major fuckup, but they're still gonna get paid tens of millions on the way out.

689. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:19 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:45:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:37:
Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:26:
Rolling Thunder, it seems ironic to me that you are quick to deny the label yet you are so quick to call people liars who deny the label you assign them.

He's going to say something about ducks now and that will clear the whole thing up.

It must be terrible for you watching this mess unfold and knowing in the back of your mind the opponents of Obamacare were right.
Right about what? This is hardly the first government or private IT project to go awry. It may take a few extra months to get it working, but that really has nothing to do with how successful it will be at getting people insured in the long run. We don't tend to judge the success of other programs based on their initial startup, so why do that with this one?

That said, it seems that there were some serious management issues if they found themselves with only a couple of weeks for integration testing.

676. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:55 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:41:
Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:26:
Rolling Thunder, it seems ironic to me that you are quick to deny the label yet you are so quick to call people liars who deny the label you assign them.

I'll use beamer as an example here. Often brings up the race card in topics that have zero to do with race. Check. Often advocates against corporations while suggesting government can do it better. check. BUT BUT BUSH/CONGRESS Check.

For a while it was like every response in political threads was like a walking talking DNC playbook brought to life.

Bagger does the same thing, it's like they can't discuss something without tossing out a ton of adhoms most of the time, you do it back and they get all butthurt about it.

A spade is a spade is it not?

When a person parrots a liberal ideology 99.9% of the time, what do you expect people to think their leanings are? Conservative?

Your view of reality is so warped, it's hilarious. Anyone whose read your posts in this thread would be laughing their ass off

668. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:30 Wowbagger_TIP

I haven't had much time to research it yet, but I would still love to know if it's true that they only had a couple of weeks to do integration testing. If so, then how the hell did that happen? They should have had months for that.  

659. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 09:18 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 09:12:
More proof this entire administration is totally corrupt.

http://tinyurl.com/ndyxraq

Apparently not satisfied with just setting fire to the 4th Amendment, NSA boss Keith Alexander's next target is the 1st Amendment. In an interview with the Defense Department's "Armed With Science" blog, it appears that Alexander felt he'd have a friendly audience, so he let loose with some insane claims, including suggesting that the government needs to find a way to "stop" journalists from reporting on the Snowden leaks.

"I think itís wrong that newspaper reporters have all these documents, the 50,000ówhatever they have and are selling them and giving them out as if theseóyou know it just doesnít make sense," Alexander said in an interview with the Defense Department's "Armed With Science" blog.

"We ought to come up with a way of stopping it. I donít know how to do that. Thatís more of the courts and the policymakers but, from my perspective, itís wrong to allow this to go on," the NSA director declared.

Not surprisingly, though hilariously, the blogger for the Defense Department's "Armed With Science," Jessica Tozer doesn't appear to challenge any of Alexander's claims. Instead, she repeats all the statements and mocks anyone who might challenge them.

Since when does this kind of totally unsurprising thing only apply to this administration? Once again, you're a moron.

655. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 01:02 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 00:02:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 23:53:
So many folksy sayings, so little substance.

Fact of the matter is there were better ways to do it, either via regulation, or having an opt out option that allowed you to keep your existing plan if you were already happy with it.

Though with the amount of lobbying that goes on in DC it's no wonder we got the mess we did that Obamacare is.

That's really 95% of the issue with the US, lobbyist.

A lot of the existing plans were part of the problem. Many don't cover a lot of the things that we need them to cover to be worth a damn at saving us money. They don't cover hospital stays or they don't cover cancer, or whatever. Then the people end up in the hospital anyway, with fucking cancer, and we all pay through the fucking nose for it because the bullshit plan they had doesn't even do the bare minimum that someone would need insurance for.

654. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 00:57 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 23:30:
You didn't pay much attention to that press conference then. And yes you do defend him, if it walks, acts, and quacks like a liberal, it generally is. The amount you've played the race card in discussions among other liberal stances you've made tells me plenty. Tossing out a minor knock here and there about Obama doesn't change that, and really they're so minor and few and far between, you may as well not bother.

You bitch about dancing around things, yet you do it yourself constantly.

CORPORATIONS & HMO's BAD! GOVERNMENT GOOD! No beamer, your most definitely don't come off as an entitled liberal douche, no, not at all.

HMO's SO HIGH, Obamacare comes out, makes prices even higher, you're ok with it though because MUH BIG GOVERNMENT. Logic and liberals much like oil and water don't mix.

At least quote exactly what he said. I don't see him saying "i can do some of this myself" in the transcript. WTF are you even talking about? It's fucking retarded that you can't even get a quote right!

Not to mention this was all said over 9 months ago. WTF has he done that violates the 2nd amendment since then??

644. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 22:42 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 22:02:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 21:10:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 15:03:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:08:

Edit: Guess you're not ignored. But it bears repeating anyway!

Wow. I hate posting from my phone.

So still waiting for your slathering reason as to why Obozocare is great, I held up my end.
Are you actually dumb enough to think you've accomplished anything like what I asked for? Wait, I already know the answer to that. You posted a link to Rand Paul saying nothing of any substance, and thern followed it up with a link to the press conference where Biden and Obama talked about and signed EAs that were nothing of substance. Where's the unconstitutional part?? Where's your explanation of how any one of those EAs is unconstitutional?? Or are you just gonna keep being the angry feces-hurling monkey?

You asked for the link to where your pal would get it done through EO's. I provided. The unconstitutional part is no EO's in regards to guns can be made without going through the proper channels, which means congress.

United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. They aren't allowed to use EO's to enact law. Hence anything he tries to regulate via EO's in regards to guns is a violation of the 2nd amendment and the US Constitution.

I'd imagine it must make a liberal like you happy to see people's policies getting canceled and or paying more. Selfish entitled douchebags like you and your buddy Obozo seem to get off on people suffering anyway. Not that it's surprising.

You don't even understand what an executive action or executive order are, nor do you know what the proper channels are, nor have you said one thing about why any of those would be the enactment of a law. Which one is a new law? You're just a babbling idiot who can't articulate a single argument against any one of those 23 actions.

642. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 21:10 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 15:03:

So still waiting for your slathering reason as to why Obozocare is great, I held up my end.
Are you actually dumb enough to think you've accomplished anything like what I asked for? Wait, I already know the answer to that. You posted a link to Rand Paul saying nothing of any substance, and thern followed it up with a link to the press conference where Biden and Obama talked about and signed EAs that were nothing of substance. Where's the unconstitutional part?? Where's your explanation of how any one of those EAs is unconstitutional?? Or are you just gonna keep being the angry feces-hurling monkey?

623. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 12:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:06:
Beamer wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:32:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 08:28:
Beamer wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 02:54:
bullshit

Those aren't the EO's I, or the article are kreferring to, you know it, I know it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we can close this thread. This asshole officially has no clue what he's talking about, and when called on it, he doesn't even admit it, he just says "you can't read between the lines!"

And RollinThundr, you ARE an asshole for this now. I don't think you can deny it. Let's run through this again:

1) You call almost all 23 Executive Orders on guns unconstitutional
2) People ask you which ones you mean
3) You get angry and tell them to look it up
4) People can't find it, ask you what you mean
5) You post some shitty, lying YouTube videos
6) People get confused and ask you about the Executive Orders
7) You never, ever fucking answer, BECAUSE YOU NEVER FUCKING KNOW WHAT YOU TALK ABOUT
8) I finally jump into this discussion, and point out that you're an idiot and they weren't Executive Orders (which aren't even fucking laws you fucking idiot) but Executive Actions (which are NOTHING)
9) I also link to them
10) You say "whatever, they're the same thing" (they aren't)
11) You never, ever fucking say anything about them. You call us idiots for not calling them unconstitutional. You say "I'M USING FACTS" despite never, ever even using one. "They're Unconstitutional" is an unsubstantiated claim, not a fact, and your tiny little brain wouldn't let you comment further
12) Fed up with your idiotic bullshit, I actually list the relevant parts of the Constitution, some relevant case law, and go through each of the 23 Actions, explaining why there is nothing wrong with them (per your argument. I think there's lots wrong with them, because Obama claiming they mean anything is basically a lie)
13) You claim they're not the Executive Orders and that I know it. Yet you still don't link to what you mean.
14) Wowbagger calls you out, saying those are the 23 Executive Actions on Gun Control signed the exact same day Rand Paul claims the constitution was violated
15) You don't acknowledge this, you just say "read between the lines," as if that's a valid response.

In short, you're a fucking moron and an asshole. You believe one party always lies to you but think Rand Paul wouldn't. As I said 100 posts ago, you fucking take any bullshit spoonfed into your brain and parrot it without ever reading it for yourself - clear from you CONSTANTLY AVOIDING any specifics about the 23 Executive Actions and not even knowing them when you see them. You believe any bullshit YouTube video that paints the Democrats in a negative light, even if it's an outlandish conspiracy theory. You are incapable of any kind of deep thought. You are incapable of any kind of analysis. You don't understand the difference between demonstrating facts and stating opinions. And you are too fucking mentally incapacitated to understand any of this and somehow think you're making brilliant, knowledgeable, well-reasoned and well-sourced arguments when you parrot bullshit, and too fucking unintelligent to realize you never fucking respond to any kind of request for information and just pretend someone asked you about an entirely different topic.

There. Thread fucking over. 600 off-topic posts about this stupid fucking Executive Action that was meaningless bullshit from a President that's often doing meaningless bullshit. I won't get into his other points, because then he just won't acknowledge this.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2013, 13:52.

622. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 12:06 Wowbagger_TIP

Beamer wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:32:
bullshit

Those aren't the EO's I, or the article are kreferring to, you know it, I know it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we can close this thread. This asshole officially has no clue what he's talking about, and when called on it, he doesn't even admit it, he just says "you can't read between the lines!"

And RollinThundr, you ARE an asshole for this now. I don't think you can deny it. Let's run through this again:

1) You call almost all 23 Executive Orders on guns unconstitutional
2) People ask you which ones you mean
3) You get angry and tell them to look it up
4) People can't find it, ask you what you mean
5) You post some shitty, lying YouTube videos
6) People get confused and ask you about the Executive Orders
7) You never, ever fucking answer, BECAUSE YOU NEVER FUCKING KNOW WHAT YOU TALK ABOUT
8) I finally jump into this discussion, and point out that you're an idiot and they weren't Executive Orders (which aren't even fucking laws you fucking idiot) but Executive Actions (which are NOTHING)
9) I also link to them
10) You say "whatever, they're the same thing" (they aren't)
11) You never, ever fucking say anything about them. You call us idiots for not calling them unconstitutional. You say "I'M USING FACTS" despite never, ever even using one. "They're Unconstitutional" is an unsubstantiated claim, not a fact, and your tiny little brain wouldn't let you comment further
12) Fed up with your idiotic bullshit, I actually list the relevant parts of the Constitution, some relevant case law, and go through each of the 23 Actions, explaining why there is nothing wrong with them (per your argument. I think there's lots wrong with them, because Obama claiming they mean anything is basically a lie)
13) You claim they're not the Executive Orders and that I know it. Yet you still don't link to what you mean.
14) Wowbagger calls you out, saying those are the 23 Executive Actions on Gun Control signed the exact same day Rand Paul claims the constitution was violated
15) You don't acknowledge this, you just say "read between the lines," as if that's a valid response.

In short, you're a fucking moron and an asshole. You believe one party always lies to you but think Rand Paul wouldn't. As I said 100 posts ago, you fucking take any bullshit spoonfed into your brain and parrot it without ever reading it for yourself - clear from you CONSTANTLY AVOIDING any specifics about the 23 Executive Actions and not even knowing them when you see them. You believe any bullshit YouTube video that paints the Democrats in a negative light, even if it's an outlandish conspiracy theory. You are incapable of any kind of deep thought. You are incapable of any kind of analysis. You don't understand the difference between demonstrating facts and stating opinions. And you are too fucking mentally incapacitated to understand any of this and somehow think you're making brilliant, knowledgeable, well-reasoned and well-sourced arguments when you parrot bullshit, and too fucking unintelligent to realize you never fucking respond to any kind of request for information and just pretend someone asked you about an entirely different topic.

There. Thread fucking over. 600 off-topic posts about this stupid fucking Executive Action that was meaningless bullshit from a President that's often doing meaningless bullshit. I won't get into his other points, because then he just won't acknowledge this.

614. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:55 Wowbagger_TIP

I thought you said it was something the President said. Now it's Biden? Maybe you need to provide an actual statement with actual context. I have 0 confidence in your ability to do that.

I think Beamer is right. You do little to no thinking of your own, so you're actually incapable of doing the research needed to understand an issue. You just regurgitate crap from others that you don't even understand yourself. You're so ridiculously simple that we all missed it for quite a while, even as you were doing your best to illustrate it for us. It was just hard to believe you're actually that dumb.

611. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:36 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:18:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:16:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 09:24:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 09:16:
bullshit

Those aren't the EO's I, or the article are referring to, you know it, I know it.
Those are the 23 post-Sandy-Hook EAs that both you and Rand Paul were referring to. I doubt you'll defend your claims, since Mr. Paul didn't defend his claim either, so you have nothing to copy-paste.

That you're incapable of reading between the lines with this president speaks volumes to begin with. It's so obvious to anyone who doesn't hate this country or doesn't have the government knows best mentality what's actually going on.

Ahh, so it's the things that the President didn't say he was going to do that are unconstitutional. Got it.

You are so full of fail

Obama's words "some of this I can do via EO" He said it not me, or are we going to pretend that didn't happen? Much like you're pretending Obamacare hasn't been full of fail so far.
Pretend what didn't happen? Has he said he was going to do something unconstitutional? What exactly would that be?

606. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:16 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 09:24:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 09:16:
bullshit

Those aren't the EO's I, or the article are referring to, you know it, I know it.
Those are the 23 post-Sandy-Hook EAs that both you and Rand Paul were referring to. I doubt you'll defend your claims, since Mr. Paul didn't defend his claim either, so you have nothing to copy-paste.

That you're incapable of reading between the lines with this president speaks volumes to begin with. It's so obvious to anyone who doesn't hate this country or doesn't have the government knows best mentality what's actually going on.

Ahh, so it's the things that the President didn't say he was going to do that are unconstitutional. Got it.

You are so full of fail

604. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 09:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 09:00:
Report: W.H. knew plans would be canceled under ACA USA TODAY
Up to 75% of those with individual insurance will have policies cancelled, experts say.

RUH ROH!!!

If this was a story on Fox News, I wouldn't even give it a second glance. But when it is on USAToday reported by NBC, it's at least worth reading to see what it's about.

This is basically the same story Seph linked a few posts back. I think he summed it up well enough. Hell, I have to sign up for what is essentially a new plan every year because the insurance company changes the plans they offer every year.

603. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 09:16 Wowbagger_TIP

bullshit

596. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 00:55 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 00:18:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 00:03:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 23:24:
I love how you ignore the evidence that not only did Obama lie about people being allowed to keep their plans (fact he knew this 3 years ago to be false) but the fact that it's going to cost more, off the backs of younger folks who honestly at that age don't even need healthcare and could be better spending their money towards oh I dunno paying off their school loans, or a car, or a house. etc.

What the hell is wrong with you liberals? Do you honestly believe anyone owes you anything? Who taught you to think this way? I'd seriously like to know.

If you love socialism so much move to Canada, stop trying to redefine the US to be a god damn fucking nanny state where government tells you what to buy, when to buy it and how much to pay for it. Seriously did you get piledriven on your head as a kid?

Just so you're aware, I've saved this entire thread to PDF. Once President Clinton and VP Pelosi are in charge, I'll be forwarding it to Homeland Security so they'll know to watch your dissident ass closely!

Why not just answer the question, if you're so for Obozocare, explain why.

Sure, right after you give specifics on which of the 23 executive actions are unconstitutional and explain specifically why.

3809 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo