Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4003 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
26. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 21:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Redmask wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 14:45:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:07:
Axis wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 09:38:
Shows how little you guys know about PoE. There is no sync issues anymore they built a little thing called lockstep in and NO ARPG has anything like it - it's glorious.

I don't care which one is "best", I had both on my radar for a very long time, but this is they way it played out like it or not.

D3 is a baby arpg, nothing like d2 and nothing unique about it. PoE is the king daddy, true successor to d2 and filled with innovation. You don't have to agree, it's a fact.

So what you are saying is they have horrible netcode and had to jury rig a way to sync the game?
Reminds me of 'Lag shooting' in Mechwarrior 3. You had to double lead your target to compensate for shitty net code.

He has nothing better to do, POE is such a great game that he sits around here spamming about it, jealous of other people having fun in other games rather than actually playing it.

PoE actually is a pretty great ARPG. It's come a long way in the last year or so. They've made a lot of improvements to the netcode and playing in lockstep mode feels pretty good, especially for hardcore. You always know exactly where you and everything else actually are, because you're always in sync with the server.

There are always going to be some things that people don't like or think should be better, but that's pretty much true of every game.

It's kind of weird seeing people talking about it that have only made it into Merciless difficulty, as that's basically the beginning of the game, not the end. They've made the leveling process a lot better in the most recent update. Removed redundant and boring areas, made it easier to access more skills earlier, and generally made the areas more interesting and designed better layouts.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2015, 21:55.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Week
9. Re: Satellite Reign Next Week Aug 18, 2015, 10:58 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 10:12:
Slashman wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 10:05:
Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 09:48:
Some of the early combat footage looks really bad. Hoped they went with turn-based. What I have seen looked really messy and boring. The rest of the game? Amazing.

No they did not go with turn based. Was Syndicate in any way turn based? Because that is what this is a spiritual successor of.

That's a point, but the combat in Syndicate was a totally broken horrible mess.

This is basically true. I played the hell out of Syndicate back in the day, and the expansion too. It was mostly a matter of planning your actions, doing whatever you could without getting noticed, and then attempting to execute your plan.

That's generally about the time that things would be awesome and you would carry out a perfectly executed mission, or something unexpected would happen and things would get crazy really quick. This was also sometimes awesome

But I do agree that the combat was difficult to control well, and some innovation in this area would be great. The space bar pause type of combat might be a good compromise. That could be really fun.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 12, 2015, 09:32 Wowbagger_TIP

16 year old becomes millionaire by playing video games. In your face, Mom!!  

News Comments > The International Results
7. Re: The International Results Aug 9, 2015, 16:26 Wowbagger_TIP

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 16:06:
Ho hum. If you want to watch people play games, there are tons of examples on Utube, why in the world would you ever pay to do it?

As to the Dota 2 winners, if there are fools out there dumb enough to pay for it, why not.

I agree with Cutter, this is just another big scam.

I'd say it's much less of a scam than a lot of what goes on with pro sports. This is peanuts.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2015, 18:53 Wowbagger_TIP

shihonage wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 16:54:
Jon Stewart is state propaganda puppet no different from news anchors we had in Soviet news program "Times".

*bizarre rant snipped*

Good riddance. Too bad this clown will only be replaced by another.

W T F Shocked

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 7, 2015, 18:44 Wowbagger_TIP

Suck it, all you early adopters! Should have played it safe and stuck with the Pentium 5!!  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
20. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2015, 11:14 Wowbagger_TIP

Axis wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 10:43:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 10:12:

Well, you are the one who made the comment about the PP video, with apparently no research done on that.

It's pretty clear no matter how it's spun, and in this case you guys defend execs making 500k+ in a "non-profit" organization who spins the corporate "covering costs" in one of 5 released videos regarding the murder of babies and sending of their body parts.

Imagine if these videos were comcast talking about covering costs for broadband... wow the outrage then!

You're ignoring the fact that this has been standard practice in the medical community for decades, and the fees they charge for handling are more than reasonable, and certainly not profitable. If this weren't the case, they wouldn't have had to do so much editing to make it appear corrupt.

18. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2015, 10:12 Wowbagger_TIP

Axis wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 09:35:
InBlack wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 03:15:

Ignorance breeds arrogance. You dont think poverty has anything to do with whats going on in the middle east right? You dont think that extreme poverty in Iraq and Syria and Afghanistan has anything to do with the sectarian and religious violence going on there?

walrus1 wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 09:18:

Ever seen the videos of the dog slaughters in China? Ever read about genocide in Africa? Rape in India?

Everything affects everything in certain amounts, but to blame poverty on a bunch of assholes abusing cows then trying to translate that into some income inequality argument is laughable and childish. A thinking brain might also realize the numbers, and conclude there's always a few assholes among the millions in all walks of life regardless of income.

nin wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 08:39:
He basically parrots popular talking points but never bothers to research anything. People like that can't function w/o having someone tell them how they should feel.

There's that pot in this kettle color conundrum!

Well, you are the one who made the comment about the PP video, with apparently no research done on that.

12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2015, 01:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Axis wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 19:59:
NegaDeath wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 18:06:
Axis wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 17:42:
Law banning secret filming of animal abuse on farms ruled unconstitutional, but GAG ORDER those filming the gleeful people selling body parts of murdered babies...

The difference being the former is a real thing that happens and the latter is not.

ldonyo wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 18:06:
Axis wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 17:42:
Law banning secret filming of animal abuse on farms ruled unconstitutional, but GAG ORDER those filming the gleeful people selling body parts of murdered babies...
If by filming you mean filming and then heavily editing so as to create a narrative that they wish to present, never mind the facts, then you are correct.

This folks is pure delusion and denial, and the epitome of what's wrong with society these days.

Nope. The video was edited by a pack of liars.
http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/unspinning-the-planned-parenthood-video

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October
6. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October Jul 31, 2015, 00:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Brumbek wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 21:16:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 19:39:
Bummer. I thought it'd be here sooner. That's cutting it kind of close to Fallout's release date.
Agreed.

It'll be my first time with WL2, since I was waiting all this time for the (hopefully) inevitable Much Better Version.

But Fallout 4...nothing can come close to Fallout 4. It will consume every moment for months. I know some will balk at Bethesda, but I'm 100% in for Fallout 4.

Same for me. I held off, waiting for patches at first, but just haven't had a chance to come back to it yet. I'll be head first into Fallout 4 when it hits, so not sure if I should start this one until next year.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Next Month
6. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Next Month Jul 24, 2015, 16:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Looking forward to the new and improved matrix and magic mechanics. This should be a great follow-up to Dragonfall.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Grand Tournament Expansion Next Month
8. Re: Hearthstone Grand Tournament Expansion Next Month Jul 23, 2015, 09:36 Wowbagger_TIP

Luke wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 08:15:
As always Lazy people will always Buy to Win
Or, you know, people with jobs and a life that have more money than time.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 9, 2015, 23:54 Wowbagger_TIP

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 21:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 15:51:
Ah good ol domestic abuse.. still not funny ;(

Don't ya know? According to the narrative being spun these days, men can't be victims of domestic abuse.

Rolleyes

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
28. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 8, 2015, 09:17 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 08:08:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 07:44:
Inblack, and anyone else with small amounts of playtime available:

There are a lot of things you can do with small amounts of time, but DO NOT join a pvp server. Every time you log in, you'll likely be dead and everything gone, except you retain your experience level. Also, capturing most dinos does take a little time, so if you only have an hour you likely won't have time to find, subdue, and train anything larger than a Dilo, or maybe a scorpion (they're rideable, we're not talking insect).

Yeah well, these kinds of games are precisely interesting and exciting because of the high risk and penalty of death. My biggest gripes with most MMOs are the no-penalty deaths. I just dont find them fun or interesting. Several hours to tame a large Dino. What does that look like? You stare at a progress bar or what? Is there gameplay involved, because arbitrary time sinks suck balls...

Dying when you're not even online seems kind of arbitrary and lame though. Why would they set things up like that?

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Vector Thrust
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Vector Thrust Jul 3, 2015, 12:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, the story made no sense to me either. Need to see more about the actual gameplay on this one.  

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week
6. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week Jul 1, 2015, 09:23 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 08:12:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 06:55:
InBlack wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 03:05:
Im sick of HOTS, and currently waiting for DCS World 2. I think Ill be going back to POE and creating a nice new character when this hits. Might even start messing around with Hardcore.

Any suggestions, for a (not a complete newbie) what character I should start out with? Im looking for a char that is not so much gear dependant.

To be honest there is so much changes in 2.0 that half the builds are broken and there's about another 10,000 builds to replace them. The amount of content and changes to the game is indeed staggering. I'd recommend just looking at what main skills you find the most enjoyable and build off of that. Lots of old skills that werent so good got boosts. There's also a ton of new skills to play around with. Melee seems to be in favor throughout the beta though.

Ok thanks for the tip. Last time I played, I leveld two classes, melee crusader, and ranged ranger. The ranger got further along before hitting a really solid feeling gear wall. I simply couldnt progress further without significantly better gear without trading for it. Im looking to avoid that bit, since to trade you really need to get sort of lucky with some orb drops (at least thats how it used to be).

You should be able to get to maps now at least without having to trade much, if at all. Some easier starting builds would be things like Flame Totem (witch or templar) or Ice Crash (probably Marauder with 2H axe or mace). With vendor recipes for things like +1 to elemental gems, or +xx% physical damage, you can generally craft decent weapons to keep you going. I'd recommend saving up your currency orbs as much as possible though, as you'll get far more for them by trading later on than you will by rolling the dice and using them to try to craft good rares.

The leveling process has been smoothed out considerably. Gems are now available from vendors, so you have much more access to them than before, without trading. They also sell 3 and 4-link gear much sooner than before, so that can be handy when you need an upgrade. They've also cut out a lot of the annoying and boring areas to keep things moving more quickly. Feels so much better now than before.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week
1. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week Jun 30, 2015, 21:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Been playing around in the beta, and this expansion is just massive and game-changing. So many improvements make the game feel so much better. Really looking forward to playing in the Warbands league when this is released.  

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
15. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 20:07 Wowbagger_TIP

I liked the first Battlezone remake. The sequel, while it improved certain aspects, didn't seem to capture the same feel of movement of the first. Interested to see how this turns out though.  

News Comments > Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed
12. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 13:20 Wowbagger_TIP

pagb wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 12:29:
Axis wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 11:47:
PoE/D2 you can play for years on end and never get bored.
False, bored to death with both of them also.

PoE is the same story as D3, new patch additions lure you in, level up a toon just to ditch him upon reaching high end because it's the same all over again.

And D2... what's the point of doing Baal or Mephisto runs for hours? Rly?

Except that PoE at least gives you a million different ways to build a character. So many very different skills and combinations, as well as Vaal skills and much better crafting system. With upcoming 2.0 release, we also get jewels, divination cards, more new skills, new monsters, and new play mechanics each season, on top of an entire new act for the game. I sometimes get bored with a character, but I keep coming back to try something new.

News Comments > Blade & Soul Business Model Outlined
2. Re: Blade & Soul Business Model Outlined Jun 23, 2015, 12:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Quboid wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 11:45:
cosmetics, convenience, and consumables not power, not gear, not permanent stat increases

So temporary increases are in? Sounds like these consumables will make it pay to win.

Yep, they can try to make it sound benign, but that's definitely P2W.

4003 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo