Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4125 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2016, 13:38 Wowbagger_TIP

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 9, 2016, 11:29:
Someone spewing goofy shit via twitter, or some one spewing religious political shit via twitter, really how bad is she?

That's kind of my take. She likes to say crazy stuff, but she's harmless. Take that any day over a lot of the other vile shit you find on Twitter.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2016, 03:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 23:53:
Whenever I see that level of stupidity or insanity I always have to ask if it's just theater. Are these the actions of someone just desperate for attention who want to stay in the public eye, or are they really that stupid?

Looks like theater to me. She just enjoys saying crazy shit. It's probably fun for her. To each their own. Her followers must get something out of it, or they wouldn't be paying attention.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video
10. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 9, 2016, 03:09 Wowbagger_TIP

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 23:33:
I miss Far Cry's 2's map, ya know the thing you had to pull out and look at.

Yeah, they should just have you pull out a stone tablet with a map carved on it. Each time you discover a new place, you carve it into the map. Maybe they could make a map-carving mini game!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: JC3 second thoughts Jan 4, 2016, 10:01 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 22:37:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 17:14:
Here's another example: Statues. In JC2, you could wreck a statue, grab its head, tether it to a chopper, then use it as a flying wrecking ball. In JC3? The statue disintegrates into dust 9 out of 10 times. Also, you can no longer just grab a jeep, tether it to the statue and wrench it off it's stand. You HAVE to use explosives to destroy it. It's all gotten so much worse...

That's inaccurate. You can definitely use tethers to destroy statues. I do it all the time.

Maybe once they're upgraded to the max or something. I just put 4 tethers on a statue and tried to pull it apart. De Nada. I tethered the statue to an APC and tried to pull it down. All that happens is that my APC (admittedly hilariously) launches itself into the air like a big yo-yo. The statue remains, as ever.

No way. I pull them down all the time with just the 2 starting tethers. No upgrades. Sometimes it takes 2 attempts, but it works all the time. I just attach them to the head, and then to something lower and a bit away from the statue to get some leverage. Often I do it from a rooftop, and just attach them near my feet. Don't think I've had it take more than 2 attempts like this before it topples.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2015, 19:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Jesus, that story about the stuntwoman is horrific. Now I feel bad  

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
55. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 16:55 Wowbagger_TIP

Saboth wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 16:32:
So is it just me, or is this sale like the Fall sale, where everything is a set discount and there are no flash or daily sales? In the past, the "regular" sales were ho-hum (as are most of the deals on this sale), but you really waited for the daily or flash deals because that's where the real deal was.

They don't do that anymore because people were complaining and returning things. Now it's one price for the duration of the sale.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
53. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 13:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 02:47:
Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 01:37:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 22:05:
Just bought a game from GOG. Then tried buy 2 games from G2A, for the fist time. Got a message saying the credit card failed, 4 times and no luck. I called the cc company, they said no problems and they are not denying it. 20 minutes on Live Chat with G2A support, they told me to call the cc company. Middlefinger . Guess I'll try Kinguin.

Are you doing it through Paypal? Might want to double check with your CC provider's security because the same shit happened to me at first. Turns out G2A is flagged in their database so there was, in fact, some sort of block. They removed it and it's worked fine since.
Thanks for the tip, actually I did finally get Venetica and Frayed Knights from G2A, at 50% off Steams current sale prices. It turns out it was a cross site check being done via script at the last second for the visa approval. NoScript blocks cross site transfers by default, so I temporarily disabled the function and went through. Both keys worked, well at least I haven't been kicked off Steam yet ! Party2

Some other strange things I noticed besides Dungeon Lords. Mafia 2 is still down for the count and while UBI has almost all of their games on sale Stick of Truth isn't.

Stick of Truth is now on sale on Steam for $7.49 (75% off).

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Overview
5. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Overview Dec 22, 2015, 23:10 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 21:22:
Rhett wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 20:06:
It is a fun game, but they should just move on already. It's had a fantastic run (since the AH was taken out), but it needs more features. And necromancers, dammit. Screw the witch doctor!

Heh, give this a watch....

De Staat - Witch Doctor

Well that was trippy...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 20, 2015, 13:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Dagnamit wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 09:37:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 16:13:
Man, I really don't get this. Rick Fox buys a LoL team, which has no players, and then changes the name. WTF am I missing here? Is there some other value to this team besides the players and name?

Expertise of the management? Good will? Probably did the math and found it cheaper to buy an established team than make his own.
Maybe. Doesn't seem like there's anything special about this team at this point though. What's a team with no players? Who or what is the management managing? What aspect of the team would generate the good will? Not the name or players, apparently. Just seems rather odd to me.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 19, 2015, 16:13 Wowbagger_TIP

Man, I really don't get this. Rick Fox buys a LoL team, which has no players, and then changes the name. WTF am I missing here? Is there some other value to this team besides the players and name?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2015, 20:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 13:02:
I'm still enjoying Penny Dreadful, solid show.
Yeah, same here. Great show. Creepy as hell, and great acting.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 14, 2015, 21:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Task wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 14:19:
More and more people will accept pre-crime technology regardless of whether someone is guilty or innocent in future cases. Welcome to our Orwellian Future.

Pre-crime? Not sure where that came from, as this was decidedly post-crime in this case. Glad she got caught.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 14, 2015, 21:44 Wowbagger_TIP

WaltC wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 10:33:
Wake me when Musk has something to show other than a concept. I've got some cool anti-gravity concepts--but, darn, can't find the investors. I am really tired of hearing Hawking and Musk and Gates drone on and on about "AI's" and "having to leave the planet one day" and "Global Warming" (although that last is mainly Gates)--these guys have all had their noses buried in good science fiction for far too long. I love science fiction, myself, but these guys think the "fiction" part of it is actually "prophesy"--which is where & why they are so confused.

Lots of interesting sci-fi ideas have come to pass. We happen to be a pretty destructive species too, so it's not terribly far-fetched that we'll fuck things up so badly at some point that we may need to get our collective ass to Mars.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 13, 2015, 20:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Quboid wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 19:26:
Rigs wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 18:31:
Everything about Fallout4 and nothing about Just Cause 3?! Surprise, surprise...This place practically had a group orgasm at the announcement of it, now not a peep...hmmmm....

=-Rigs-=

It's next on my todo list but the reception has rather dampened my excitement. Maybe lots of repetitive capturing is suited to sound-off-YouTube-on gameplay.

I've been playing JC3 since a couple days after it was released. Haven't experienced any of these performance issues, so I'm not sure how widespread they actually are. My machine is decent (i7 4790, 8GB RAM, R9 390 8GB), so maybe that's why I'm not having problems.

Anyway, the game is a lot of fun, but gets better as you unlock more of the upgrades. I've only got maybe 10 unlocked so far. Focusing on the weapons and wingsuit upgrades is the way to go. The driving physics kinda suck, but once you get the wingsuit and learn how to use it, you won't want to drive anywhere anyway

The story is about what you'd expect. The characters are interesting and the voice acting is good. It really doesn't take itself serious, so it's been pretty fun doing the missions with the various other characters. I definitely don't regret buying it.

I stopped playing FO4 for this. Figure I'll wait for mods. May pick it up again next spring/summer and see what's available.

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
12. Re: Path of Exile Patched Dec 12, 2015, 23:55 Wowbagger_TIP

Brumbek wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 13:12:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 02:21:
Not really. For a lot of players, a pretty large part of the game is theory crafting a build or crafting items. PoE is far better at these things. The combat in PoE is good as well. It just doesn't have the same visceral effect you can get from having physics applied to the corpses. That's a trade-off for being able to use those corpses in interesting ways.
Agreed. My biggest problem with the game now is it simply has too many skills that aren't interesting. They keep adding so many skill options, but so few are actually powerful and unique. It's sort of like you can have any flavor of bland you want...

Once again, I think they should learn from Diablo 3. It would be so much better to have 40 interesting skill options than 100 poorly balanced ones.

So much of the really fun stuff in PoE only happens once you play a character for 60+ hours...that's bad game design IMO. But I'll grant you it caters to the hardcore Twitch guys...

I don't think any skill really remains all that interesting for very long, in either game. I see the same complaints about D3. People get bored. It's easier to switch builds in D3, but you're much more limited in the builds you can set up, so you're probably still going to be bored.

I think PoE's endgame just has more to do than D3, and it's constantly expanding too. It's just a more involved, deeper game that requires more of an investment than D3. I don't really see a problem with that. Different people want different things out of their games.

10. Re: Path of Exile Patched Dec 12, 2015, 02:21 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 00:31:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 11:13:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:58:
The single biggest thing this game needs is a physics engine. Killing is simply not fun enough. Is that a planned feature?

I agree, the combat needs a kick. The game (PoE), overall, is better than D3, except for the combat.

That is a very odd statement considering 90% of these games is combat...
Not really. For a lot of players, a pretty large part of the game is theory crafting a build or crafting items. PoE is far better at these things. The combat in PoE is good as well. It just doesn't have the same visceral effect you can get from having physics applied to the corpses. That's a trade-off for being able to use those corpses in interesting ways.

8. Re: Path of Exile Patched Dec 11, 2015, 19:15 Wowbagger_TIP

Brumbek wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 13:31:
Gadzooks wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 12:19:
Think ill wait for the next expansion to start playing again. The game play additions in that look to add a bit of life to the game.
Agreed. The next expansion will hopefully give us actual end-game content with that daily labryinth and "prestige" type classes modifications. PoE just can't keep up with Diablo 3's awesome additions and changes. This new league gives us...some trinkets...that just isn't good enough.

ItBurn wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:58:
The single biggest thing this game needs is a physics engine. Killing is simply not fun enough. Is that a planned feature?
Sadly, I doubt physics will ever happen. PoE's engine just isn't built for it and their programmers just aren't technical enough for it. It would be cool to have, but right now the exact location of all enemies and corpses is static because the game uses many skills like corpse explosion. Adding physics would totally destroy their current systems...sadly.

I'll take a deeper game over more shiny bits any day. Physics are a nice to have, but not the expense of the game mechanics. They aren't going to out-shiny-bits Blizzard, so they should stay focused on what they do well.

1. Re: Path of Exile Patched Dec 11, 2015, 09:54 Wowbagger_TIP

Their website says there's still about 6 hours to go before the update goes live.

Anyway, looking forward to this!

31. Re: Angela Merkel Beats Trump for Person of the Year - TIME. Dec 11, 2015, 00:52 Wowbagger_TIP

Julio wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 18:25:
descender wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 16:32:
It would have saved a lot of lives in the past, and more in the future. Unfortunately, it's a necessary step.

WOW.

The ONLY thing Trump is helping with is identifying all of the fucking ignorant, bigoted and racist assholes like him in this country.

It's nice of you guys to step up front and center and seemingly want to be recognized for the horrible pieces of shit you are.

If it stops your terrorist attack, it's well worth it.

Uhh, no. No it isn't, if it defies the very values that this country stands for. That's some serious "destroy the village to save it" bullshit right there. Let's just do the fucking terrorists' job for them, huh?

It's kinda funny how all the tough guys out there just shit their pants at the thought of a terrorist sneaking into the country. We've got more than enough home grown nutcases shooting up various venues, and they don't seem to care to do anything about that. Hell, they still fight to make sure that people on the fucking no-fly list can still buy all the guns they want.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online on Steam
4. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Dec 10, 2015, 23:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Bitterbug wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 23:26:
I was really excited to play this but lost a lot of that excitement when I did. The mech driving part felt fun, but playing with people was meh.
I only found one map fun to play on, and the others were too open. The strategy was "everyone zerg this guy, then we'll zerg that guy" and so on.
Maybe it's changed since but I wanted more out of the experience.

Along with the ridiculous prices for mechs, the almost complete lack of any tactics more complex than what Bitterbug describes is why I lost interest. Still hope that someone does a good MW game again some day.

4125 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo