Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3818 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dreadnaught Trailer
9. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 17, 2014, 01:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Looks like a really slow DOTA-ish type of gameplay. Basically each ship has certain skills and you mostly just need to learn to use them the way you would in DOTA, except in 3D. Seems like it would be much the same, with attempts to gank the enemy and such.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hatred Announced
6. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 16, 2014, 21:16 Wowbagger_TIP

siapnar wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 20:47:
Techie714 © wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 19:38:
WOW! That's pretty brutal. I've played some violent games in my time but this one I'm not really comfortable with...
Yeah, seems pretty unnecessary.
You could easily come up with a better reason to have similar gameplay.

I like the birds eye view.
Reminds me of Dead Nation on PSN, which was awesome.

Agreed. Wow. I'll pass on this one. They could do something cool with the foundation of that game though.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
19. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 16, 2014, 17:38 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 17:23:
BobBob wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:51:
Whatever the criticism the game's development gets, it's providing people employment.

That doesn't mean diddly of 1000s of trusting consumers get burned. 38 Studios provided employment and the taxpayers of RI still aren't happy about it.
They might learn not to be so trusting. Everybody wins!!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 15, 2014, 15:41 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 13:23:
iCar will be announced. It will be all electric, have a 30 mile range, and cost $100,000. It will only come in white.

But next year's model will also be available in gold, and people will beat each other to death to get one!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 8, 2014, 21:21 Wowbagger_TIP

Task wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:47:
I have a Windows Phone, one of the small lumia models with the flashy backplate in blue. People always ask what kind of phone it is, since none of them rarely have seen or used one - at least where i live anyways.

A few guys I work with have them.

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Oct 3, 2014, 16:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 15:29:
So, broken AI on the one hand, great dynamic AI on the other? One of these two is lying.

Or the AI is very dynamic and people are having varying experiences with it. I find some of the Ars writers to be pretty poor "gamers" and often their complaints seem like scapegoating bad player habits. It's quite possible Sam at Ars was making mistakes he didn't realize or to be fair, perhaps the guy at PC Gamer is fluffing it up because he didn't understand the interactions that well.

The PC Gamer comments about the AI seem like they're ripped directly from developer interviews. I don't trust PC Gamer at all anyway. Will definitely wait a while on this one and see if people like it a couple weeks from now.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailer
7. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailer Oct 3, 2014, 09:40 Wowbagger_TIP

walrus1 wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 19:46:
Loopy wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 19:07:
Looks like a few of those weapon models, like the AK, P416, and flamethrower, even came from FC3 (not a bad thing).

They also gave us a mortar! I didn't play FC2 for very long before Left 4 Dead fever set in, so hopefully the FC4 mortar is as fun as the FC2 one was reported to be.

I was going to say the same thing about most of FC4. As for FC2 You really should go back and play its quite the overlooked jem.

FC2 was pretty annoying. If you think FC3 was repetitive, it's probably only because you haven't played FC2. There was a solid game at its core, but they really screwed up on a few aspects, which made it ultimately more frustrating than fun as you got farther into it.

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
19. Re: Re: Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 2, 2014, 11:31 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 08:52:
I don't mind paying 60 bucks for more Borderlands - I love the series with all of my shriveled-up, emotionally dead, and barely functioning heart. I'm going to wait until the game ships though to make sure it isn't a buggy crash fest before I buy.

I'm just now playing through the Dragon Keep DLC. I think I can wait for a sale on this. Too much other stuff to play right now anyway.

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
10. Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Sep 30, 2014, 20:03 Wowbagger_TIP

{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 14:04:
it's not just his card. I have a Sapphire Vapor-X 290. I was also having the BSOD's and I troubleshooted it down to playing hardware acceleration in web browsers caused them.

So in firefox disable hardware acceleration for videos and such. Also disabled it on flash.

So watching youtube and such looks shittier but at least now I get zero bsods. so at least now I never crash.

I'm assuming these drivers don't fix the underlying problem?

Hmm... I may need to try that. I got an Asus R9 280X, and I've been getting BSODs with that, often during flash playback. Of course I also get serious artifacting problems in games now and then too. Not sure if that's heat-related or not yet.

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
27. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 27, 2014, 12:31 Wowbagger_TIP

Icewind wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 10:55:
shinchan0s wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 10:08:
I like PoE. The materia system took some getting used to, but it does add a ton of depth and customization. My beef? The drops. D3 drops a legendary every 5 minutes, but PoE is 2x stingier than D2. At least low-mid level uniques/gems are obtainable through trading - they're very cheap in standard league - so the game is a lot of fun to someone who just wants to blast through the 3 act campaign on Normal and Cruel by themselves.

PoE's writing/story (or lack thereof) is also 10000000000000000000000000000x better than D3's.

2x? Try 50x

Plus the legendaries you get are usually far below your level.
My level 71 Maruader has to rely mainly on generous friends who give him good loot and crafting to get anywhere. Thankfully, that crafting system is very easy to exploit, since I have a chest armor piece with 6 slots (4 linked and 2 linked) that has 1200+ armor thanks to OCD-leveling tweaking.

Were it not for that crafting system being so beautifully broken, I don't know if I'd still be playing since the drop rate is so abysmally bad.

How is it broken? Crafting seems like one of the game's stronger points.

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
23. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 26, 2014, 23:37 Wowbagger_TIP

NKD wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 22:19:
Redmask wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 22:04:
Path of Mehxile. Great build depth but boring combat. It was free so no complaints but not going back any time soon.

That's how I felt about it. Haven't had any urges to play it in a long time. It's just boring and, honestly, it lacks any kind of character. It feels incredibly generic.

I find the combat pretty interesting now. Good variety of monsters, and lots of variations of rare mobs and totems and such that convey all sorts of different powers to packs. Low level may not be terribly interesting, but once you're dealing with maps that have a variety of effects on them, with monster effects on top of that, the combat can be pretty challenging.

I'd like for there to be better combat animations and such, but that stuff takes a lot of work. I'd rather they keep focusing on adding more interesting content and new mechanics to the game since I really doubt they have the resources to do both.

The game has improved massively since beta. I picked it up again during the last 4-month league, and I'm playing the current league now as well. It's really the best ARPG out there right now IMO.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 24, 2014, 23:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 22:33:
Bleh, it's basically Tetris with Mechs. Thought this was going to be something really cool for a second there.
Uhh, no, it's basically a Puzzle Quest clone with mechs. The gem matching stuff looks too easy, which makes the whole thing seem rather lame. Does seem to have more RPG-ish aspects to it than the PQ games.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
9. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 11:06 Wowbagger_TIP

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 10:39:
Verno wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 09:59:
Quboid wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 09:33:
Maybe it's just me but this looks like another case of Microsoft telling customers what they want to buy. This is why the Xbone is getting hammered by the PS4, dumbasses.

Yeah I agree. I don't know what they were thinking by not offering a little wireless dongle.

They are thinking "hey, this already works on pc, let's put forth zero effort and make it the "pc version" of the controller!".
Sorry, I'm quite happy with my wireless 360 controller. Trying to sell me an inferior product for MORE than the wireless controller + dongle is incredibly foolish. Notice they're not making a wired controller, they're just packaging a standard Xbone controller with the USB charging cord and calling it a wired controller.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. You can buy the controller now and just plug it into your pc with a micro-usb/usb cable and it works since they released the drivers a while back.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 17:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Rigs wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 17:13:
Putting that issue aside for the moment, I'm wondering how the hell a public company can operate in 2014 and not have safeguards and IT security in place?! I mean, if it was 2004, that would be serious but understandable. In 2014, there should be no excuse whatsoever for any kind of lapse in IT security in any way, unless it's an undiscovered exploit or known bugs that are worked around and monitored. It's just way too risky nowadays to take chances like this. You will get burned, publicly. That being said, the punishment for being lax in these areas should be astronomical instead of just some bad publicity and a few press releases...

=-Rigs-=

Just like with the financial crisis, the assholes making the decisions are always protected from any actual accountability.

News Comments > Magicka 2 Karaoke Trailer and Contest
2. Re: Magicka 2 Karaoke Trailer and Contest Sep 13, 2014, 16:42 Wowbagger_TIP

haha pretty good Can't help but love the stuff these guys put out.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 09:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Stephen Hawking wrote:
“The Higgs potential has the worrisome feature that it might become metastable at energies above 100bn gigaelectronvolts,” Hawking writes. “This could mean that the universe could undergo catastrophic vacuum decay, with a bubble of the true vacuum expanding at the speed of light.”
Sounds like the kind of gibberish used to set up the plot of a cheesy disaster movie. But at least he goes on to say:

Stephen Hawking wrote:
“A particle accelerator that reaches 100bn GeV would be larger than Earth, and is unlikely to be funded in the present economic climate,”

News Comments > PopCap Founder Pops Out
33. Re: PopCap Founder Pops Out Sep 7, 2014, 10:36 Wowbagger_TIP

shihonage wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 06:35:
Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 18:57:
How the fuck ISIS is our problem? These guys just want what they've wanted all along, westerners out of their countries.

Go far back enough in history, way before there were "westerners in their countries", they were doing the same shit.
Go back that far and westerners were doing the same shit too. Europeans had torture and execution, often for religious reasons, elevated to an art form.

News Comments > PopCap Founder Pops Out
26. Re: PopCap Founder Pops Out Sep 6, 2014, 23:28 Wowbagger_TIP

Harlequin wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 23:18:
What a bunch of small minded, judgmental people on here. Surprising. He wants to move on, to work that may better the world as a whole. Admirable goals and vastly more impact then dev'ing a game that will be forgotten about 12 months after release like 90% of all games.

Lets name call the guy and make fun of him for wanting to better himself and perhaps injustices in the world that he perceives. Real big of you people. *rolls eyes* Congats posters, you people are whats wrong with the gaming community.

I'm not sure that your set of assumptions about his actions and motivations are any more valid than anyone else's here.

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen Trailers
4. Re: Lords of the Fallen Trailers Aug 29, 2014, 00:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Fion wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 19:08:
I know very little about this game besides that it's supposedly quite the Dark Souls clone and its coming out in october. It's a crowded fall for game this year so that's not unexpected.

Now Knut Avenstroup Haugen on the otherhand is my favorite game composer. He's not as well known as Jeremy Soule, but his music is fantastic, often percussion heavy. Perhaps his most famous work is from Age of Conan, and it's most popular track Er the World Crumbles sung by Helene Boskle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1WuxOeqsIU

I like the Age of Conan soundtrack. Don't really know anything about this game, but I may want to pick up the soundtrack for it too at some point

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
13. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 11:56 Wowbagger_TIP

CrimsonPaw wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:49:
I'd be happy if it was a follow up to Red Faction Guerrilla, I really enjoyed that game (just wish there were other bridge destroying missions instead of just the one).

Seconded. Guerilla was a lot of fun. They just need to fix the driving part. That shit was tedious since the vehicles had the worst handling ever. I think they could really do some cool stuff with the RF IP though. Lots of room for new ideas and story there.

3818 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo