Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3809 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
27. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 27, 2014, 12:31 Wowbagger_TIP

Icewind wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 10:55:
shinchan0s wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 10:08:
I like PoE. The materia system took some getting used to, but it does add a ton of depth and customization. My beef? The drops. D3 drops a legendary every 5 minutes, but PoE is 2x stingier than D2. At least low-mid level uniques/gems are obtainable through trading - they're very cheap in standard league - so the game is a lot of fun to someone who just wants to blast through the 3 act campaign on Normal and Cruel by themselves.

PoE's writing/story (or lack thereof) is also 10000000000000000000000000000x better than D3's.

2x? Try 50x

Plus the legendaries you get are usually far below your level.
My level 71 Maruader has to rely mainly on generous friends who give him good loot and crafting to get anywhere. Thankfully, that crafting system is very easy to exploit, since I have a chest armor piece with 6 slots (4 linked and 2 linked) that has 1200+ armor thanks to OCD-leveling tweaking.

Were it not for that crafting system being so beautifully broken, I don't know if I'd still be playing since the drop rate is so abysmally bad.

How is it broken? Crafting seems like one of the game's stronger points.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
23. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 26, 2014, 23:37 Wowbagger_TIP

NKD wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 22:19:
Redmask wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 22:04:
Path of Mehxile. Great build depth but boring combat. It was free so no complaints but not going back any time soon.

That's how I felt about it. Haven't had any urges to play it in a long time. It's just boring and, honestly, it lacks any kind of character. It feels incredibly generic.

I find the combat pretty interesting now. Good variety of monsters, and lots of variations of rare mobs and totems and such that convey all sorts of different powers to packs. Low level may not be terribly interesting, but once you're dealing with maps that have a variety of effects on them, with monster effects on top of that, the combat can be pretty challenging.

I'd like for there to be better combat animations and such, but that stuff takes a lot of work. I'd rather they keep focusing on adding more interesting content and new mechanics to the game since I really doubt they have the resources to do both.

The game has improved massively since beta. I picked it up again during the last 4-month league, and I'm playing the current league now as well. It's really the best ARPG out there right now IMO.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 24, 2014, 23:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 22:33:
Bleh, it's basically Tetris with Mechs. Thought this was going to be something really cool for a second there.
Uhh, no, it's basically a Puzzle Quest clone with mechs. The gem matching stuff looks too easy, which makes the whole thing seem rather lame. Does seem to have more RPG-ish aspects to it than the PQ games.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
9. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 11:06 Wowbagger_TIP

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 10:39:
Verno wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 09:59:
Quboid wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 09:33:
Maybe it's just me but this looks like another case of Microsoft telling customers what they want to buy. This is why the Xbone is getting hammered by the PS4, dumbasses.

Yeah I agree. I don't know what they were thinking by not offering a little wireless dongle.

They are thinking "hey, this already works on pc, let's put forth zero effort and make it the "pc version" of the controller!".
Sorry, I'm quite happy with my wireless 360 controller. Trying to sell me an inferior product for MORE than the wireless controller + dongle is incredibly foolish. Notice they're not making a wired controller, they're just packaging a standard Xbone controller with the USB charging cord and calling it a wired controller.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. You can buy the controller now and just plug it into your pc with a micro-usb/usb cable and it works since they released the drivers a while back.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 17:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Rigs wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 17:13:
Putting that issue aside for the moment, I'm wondering how the hell a public company can operate in 2014 and not have safeguards and IT security in place?! I mean, if it was 2004, that would be serious but understandable. In 2014, there should be no excuse whatsoever for any kind of lapse in IT security in any way, unless it's an undiscovered exploit or known bugs that are worked around and monitored. It's just way too risky nowadays to take chances like this. You will get burned, publicly. That being said, the punishment for being lax in these areas should be astronomical instead of just some bad publicity and a few press releases...

=-Rigs-=

Just like with the financial crisis, the assholes making the decisions are always protected from any actual accountability.

News Comments > Magicka 2 Karaoke Trailer and Contest
2. Re: Magicka 2 Karaoke Trailer and Contest Sep 13, 2014, 16:42 Wowbagger_TIP

haha pretty good Can't help but love the stuff these guys put out.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 09:42 Wowbagger_TIP

Stephen Hawking wrote:
“The Higgs potential has the worrisome feature that it might become metastable at energies above 100bn gigaelectronvolts,” Hawking writes. “This could mean that the universe could undergo catastrophic vacuum decay, with a bubble of the true vacuum expanding at the speed of light.”
Sounds like the kind of gibberish used to set up the plot of a cheesy disaster movie. But at least he goes on to say:

Stephen Hawking wrote:
“A particle accelerator that reaches 100bn GeV would be larger than Earth, and is unlikely to be funded in the present economic climate,”

News Comments > PopCap Founder Pops Out
33. Re: PopCap Founder Pops Out Sep 7, 2014, 10:36 Wowbagger_TIP

shihonage wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 06:35:
Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 18:57:
How the fuck ISIS is our problem? These guys just want what they've wanted all along, westerners out of their countries.

Go far back enough in history, way before there were "westerners in their countries", they were doing the same shit.
Go back that far and westerners were doing the same shit too. Europeans had torture and execution, often for religious reasons, elevated to an art form.

News Comments > PopCap Founder Pops Out
26. Re: PopCap Founder Pops Out Sep 6, 2014, 23:28 Wowbagger_TIP

Harlequin wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 23:18:
What a bunch of small minded, judgmental people on here. Surprising. He wants to move on, to work that may better the world as a whole. Admirable goals and vastly more impact then dev'ing a game that will be forgotten about 12 months after release like 90% of all games.

Lets name call the guy and make fun of him for wanting to better himself and perhaps injustices in the world that he perceives. Real big of you people. *rolls eyes* Congats posters, you people are whats wrong with the gaming community.

I'm not sure that your set of assumptions about his actions and motivations are any more valid than anyone else's here.

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen Trailers
4. Re: Lords of the Fallen Trailers Aug 29, 2014, 00:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Fion wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 19:08:
I know very little about this game besides that it's supposedly quite the Dark Souls clone and its coming out in october. It's a crowded fall for game this year so that's not unexpected.

Now Knut Avenstroup Haugen on the otherhand is my favorite game composer. He's not as well known as Jeremy Soule, but his music is fantastic, often percussion heavy. Perhaps his most famous work is from Age of Conan, and it's most popular track Er the World Crumbles sung by Helene Boskle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1WuxOeqsIU

I like the Age of Conan soundtrack. Don't really know anything about this game, but I may want to pick up the soundtrack for it too at some point

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
13. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 11:56 Wowbagger_TIP

CrimsonPaw wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:49:
I'd be happy if it was a follow up to Red Faction Guerrilla, I really enjoyed that game (just wish there were other bridge destroying missions instead of just the one).

Seconded. Guerilla was a lot of fun. They just need to fix the driving part. That shit was tedious since the vehicles had the worst handling ever. I think they could really do some cool stuff with the RF IP though. Lots of room for new ideas and story there.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer
5. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer Aug 27, 2014, 09:37 Wowbagger_TIP

Flo wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 02:14:
Ah crap I'm in the middle of my first playthrough and don't want to start over. Save import possible?
I believe they said you'd have to start a new game in this version.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2014, 22:02 Wowbagger_TIP

LittleMe wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 20:59:
Is that evidence admissible in court? There was no proper search warrant issued to search his place. I thought anything found on a unrelated search was not admissible.

Hopefully he was smart enough to not say a damn thing to the cops and wait for a lawyer. Most people aren't though.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Drops Win 8.0 Support
6. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 16, 2014, 15:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Wonder if this will do anything to help with the artifacting I'm getting with my R9 280X. Still not sure what causes that. It was really bad at first, but then I upgraded to the 14.6 Beta drivers and it was better. Still get the artifacting sometimes though. Once it starts, I pretty much have to reboot.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway
28. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 14, 2014, 16:21 Wowbagger_TIP

Ok, I'm fairly interested, but need to hear what sort of depth and improvements we'll see with the combat aspects. Pretty sure that will make or break this game for me.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 13, 2014, 22:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:32:
Anyone who gave Robin Williams' daughter abuse will hopefully die of agonizingly painful ass-cancer in the next two weeks.

And as for Comcast, shit, they're just doing what SCOTUS told them to do. Why the fuck do FCC commissioners show up to shit like that? Oh wait, I forgot, they work for the cable industry.

And finally, OMG, Y512K!!!!

Somehow I'm still able to be surprised by how vile people can be, especially on the internet.

News Comments > July Steam Hardware & Software Survey
2. Re: July Steam Hardware & Software Survey Aug 6, 2014, 10:15 Wowbagger_TIP

garrywong wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 09:57:
The increasing Win 8 percentages are quite worrying...
I wonder if that number is due to new system purchases, or if people are actually switching to Win 8 of their own free will. I guess the casual gamer crowd makes up a pretty big chunk of the Steam userbase now though.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced
26. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 2, 2014, 19:45 Wowbagger_TIP

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 16:20:
@Axis its /oos so no wonder why your macro didnt work

As for this expansion i'm really hyped. Its the true Diablo successor. D3 looks pretty and has absolutely no depth. I want to like it, i'm a huge blizzard fanboi but damn, D3 is a travesty.

Gilly, when i first tried PoE i played for about an hour and immediatly uninstalled. I found it slow and lacking and didnt understand the currency system. Then a few months later maybe out of bordom i reinstalled it, gave it another shot as a different charactor and was blown away. Just making a different charactor can completely change the experience one has (melee is truely slower than shit when just starting off). Now its one of my favorite most played games.

I cant say i have a lot of lag or desync issues for me personally, but my cousin seems to have more problems then i. Not sure what to account for it other then different servers. Although that doesnt stop him from playing although adds to the frustration. Hardcore can be very punishing, but just the sheer fact that you never lose your charactor or items (they just goto standard league) i think makes up for it.

Pretty much the same experience for me. Definitely one of my most played games this past year or so. I'm skipping the one-month league since I don't get enough play time for it to really matter for me. Really looking forward to the new 3-month leagues though.

And yeah, I have to agree with Axis. Crypto, you're really not understanding the currency system at all. It's definitely a lot more interesting than any other ARPG out there. I wouldn't want yet another boring gold-based system.

News Comments > Path of Exile Comic
5. Re: Path of Exile Comic Jul 31, 2014, 02:05 Wowbagger_TIP

They just released some info on the new 4-month league. Haven't finished reading through it yet, but looks interesting. I enjoyed playing Ambush last season. The upcoming one looks to have some cool new stuff to offer too.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/985043

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
3. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 14:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Talisorn wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 14:32:
This looks better suited to a single player game. And this comes from someone who loves MMOs.

Yeah, it'll be sad to see this reduced to the typical MMO grind. At least with a single-player game they could be a bit more creative and come up with a good story for it.

3809 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo