Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3800 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen Trailers
4. Re: Lords of the Fallen Trailers Aug 29, 2014, 00:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Fion wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 19:08:
I know very little about this game besides that it's supposedly quite the Dark Souls clone and its coming out in october. It's a crowded fall for game this year so that's not unexpected.

Now Knut Avenstroup Haugen on the otherhand is my favorite game composer. He's not as well known as Jeremy Soule, but his music is fantastic, often percussion heavy. Perhaps his most famous work is from Age of Conan, and it's most popular track Er the World Crumbles sung by Helene Boskle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1WuxOeqsIU

I like the Age of Conan soundtrack. Don't really know anything about this game, but I may want to pick up the soundtrack for it too at some point

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
13. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 11:56 Wowbagger_TIP

CrimsonPaw wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:49:
I'd be happy if it was a follow up to Red Faction Guerrilla, I really enjoyed that game (just wish there were other bridge destroying missions instead of just the one).

Seconded. Guerilla was a lot of fun. They just need to fix the driving part. That shit was tedious since the vehicles had the worst handling ever. I think they could really do some cool stuff with the RF IP though. Lots of room for new ideas and story there.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer
5. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer Aug 27, 2014, 09:37 Wowbagger_TIP

Flo wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 02:14:
Ah crap I'm in the middle of my first playthrough and don't want to start over. Save import possible?
I believe they said you'd have to start a new game in this version.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2014, 22:02 Wowbagger_TIP

LittleMe wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 20:59:
Is that evidence admissible in court? There was no proper search warrant issued to search his place. I thought anything found on a unrelated search was not admissible.

Hopefully he was smart enough to not say a damn thing to the cops and wait for a lawyer. Most people aren't though.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Drops Win 8.0 Support
6. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 16, 2014, 15:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Wonder if this will do anything to help with the artifacting I'm getting with my R9 280X. Still not sure what causes that. It was really bad at first, but then I upgraded to the 14.6 Beta drivers and it was better. Still get the artifacting sometimes though. Once it starts, I pretty much have to reboot.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway
28. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 14, 2014, 16:21 Wowbagger_TIP

Ok, I'm fairly interested, but need to hear what sort of depth and improvements we'll see with the combat aspects. Pretty sure that will make or break this game for me.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 13, 2014, 22:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:32:
Anyone who gave Robin Williams' daughter abuse will hopefully die of agonizingly painful ass-cancer in the next two weeks.

And as for Comcast, shit, they're just doing what SCOTUS told them to do. Why the fuck do FCC commissioners show up to shit like that? Oh wait, I forgot, they work for the cable industry.

And finally, OMG, Y512K!!!!

Somehow I'm still able to be surprised by how vile people can be, especially on the internet.

News Comments > July Steam Hardware & Software Survey
2. Re: July Steam Hardware & Software Survey Aug 6, 2014, 10:15 Wowbagger_TIP

garrywong wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 09:57:
The increasing Win 8 percentages are quite worrying...
I wonder if that number is due to new system purchases, or if people are actually switching to Win 8 of their own free will. I guess the casual gamer crowd makes up a pretty big chunk of the Steam userbase now though.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced
26. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 2, 2014, 19:45 Wowbagger_TIP

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 16:20:
@Axis its /oos so no wonder why your macro didnt work

As for this expansion i'm really hyped. Its the true Diablo successor. D3 looks pretty and has absolutely no depth. I want to like it, i'm a huge blizzard fanboi but damn, D3 is a travesty.

Gilly, when i first tried PoE i played for about an hour and immediatly uninstalled. I found it slow and lacking and didnt understand the currency system. Then a few months later maybe out of bordom i reinstalled it, gave it another shot as a different charactor and was blown away. Just making a different charactor can completely change the experience one has (melee is truely slower than shit when just starting off). Now its one of my favorite most played games.

I cant say i have a lot of lag or desync issues for me personally, but my cousin seems to have more problems then i. Not sure what to account for it other then different servers. Although that doesnt stop him from playing although adds to the frustration. Hardcore can be very punishing, but just the sheer fact that you never lose your charactor or items (they just goto standard league) i think makes up for it.

Pretty much the same experience for me. Definitely one of my most played games this past year or so. I'm skipping the one-month league since I don't get enough play time for it to really matter for me. Really looking forward to the new 3-month leagues though.

And yeah, I have to agree with Axis. Crypto, you're really not understanding the currency system at all. It's definitely a lot more interesting than any other ARPG out there. I wouldn't want yet another boring gold-based system.

News Comments > Path of Exile Comic
5. Re: Path of Exile Comic Jul 31, 2014, 02:05 Wowbagger_TIP

They just released some info on the new 4-month league. Haven't finished reading through it yet, but looks interesting. I enjoyed playing Ambush last season. The upcoming one looks to have some cool new stuff to offer too.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/985043

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
3. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 14:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Talisorn wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 14:32:
This looks better suited to a single player game. And this comes from someone who loves MMOs.

Yeah, it'll be sad to see this reduced to the typical MMO grind. At least with a single-player game they could be a bit more creative and come up with a good story for it.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Neil Gaiman's Wayward Manor
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Neil Gaiman's Wayward Manor Jul 16, 2014, 00:29 Wowbagger_TIP

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

Well, at least if they'd set it in the 1980s

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2014, 22:52 Wowbagger_TIP

LittleMe wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 21:28:
While the concept of net neutrality seems complex, the solution is simple: We should classify broadband access as a utility.

And that will solve all our problems! Not!

The actual solution is more competition. The article even admits the big telcos have thwarted competition.

The only way we're going to see competition in this market is if the last mile is not controlled by a monopoly or duopoly the way it is now.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Flashback Content Update
3. Re: Jagged Alliance: Flashback Content Update Jul 3, 2014, 14:26 Wowbagger_TIP

Beamer wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 13:43:
Reloading guns? Hmm, that hardly seems necessary, I see why they released a version without that.

Can't imagine playing an early JA release. Even the full release felt like early access last time. Maybe if they create a decent enemy AI that doesn't cheat horribly, I'll be interested.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2014, 12:21 Wowbagger_TIP

mag wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 12:14:
Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 11:38:
So the Redskins lost their trademark. Wow. Wonder what they'll do now. They should probably just change the team name seeing how much pressure is on them from all sides. Hell, they don't even play in Washington. Why not call them the "Maryland Mauraders™"?

I saw someone suggest the "Washington Department of Football Services," which I think is the best and most terrifying professional sports name possible.

Go Bureaucrats!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 7, 2014, 11:36 Wowbagger_TIP

HorrorScope wrote on May 7, 2014, 10:57:
Yeah nice fuckin pic. I'd say "not that one, lets take another".
Maybe he did, and that's really the best pic they could get of him. What I'm trying to say is the dude looks weird, and has crazy eyes, kinda like Michele Bachmann.

News Comments > EVGA Watch Dogs Offer
7. Re: EVGA Watch Dogs Offer Apr 29, 2014, 23:00 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm looking into getting a new card now, but haven't decided what to get yet. Leaning towards an Asus R9 280X, but not sure yet. I've had pretty good luck with AMD drivers, and haven't dealt with any nVidia stuff for a while, so maybe it's just the devil I know.

Either way, I don't think this game is gonna be enough to make me lean one way or the other.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 17:56 Wowbagger_TIP

A browser isn't a browser without Tree Style Tabs. More than anything else, that add-on keeps me on Firefox.  

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
48. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 23:26 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 17:55:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 17:54:
Desalus wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 16:50:
BioWare knows they screwed up with DA2 and they have made it a mission to correct those errors with DA3. This game looks like a mixture of the storytelling we expect from Bioware, along with more open world features reminiscent of Elder Scrolls (yes I know it's not completely open world, but it's a lot more open world than DA1 or DA2). I for one am very excited for this game.
Has Bioware ever said they screwed up with DA2? I don't remember them doing anything other than defending it. Maybe that changed after I stopped paying attention.

No, they never said that. They've basically just implied that "we know people like some of these features, so we'll bring them back." They still firmly defend all their decisions with DA2.
That's what I figured. This will be very much a wait-and-see game for me. Even if it turns out to be good, I'll probably wait for a sale, just due to it not being conveniently on Steam. Hope they at least have different lead designers for this one.

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
40. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 17:54 Wowbagger_TIP

Desalus wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 16:50:
BioWare knows they screwed up with DA2 and they have made it a mission to correct those errors with DA3. This game looks like a mixture of the storytelling we expect from Bioware, along with more open world features reminiscent of Elder Scrolls (yes I know it's not completely open world, but it's a lot more open world than DA1 or DA2). I for one am very excited for this game.
Has Bioware ever said they screwed up with DA2? I don't remember them doing anything other than defending it. Maybe that changed after I stopped paying attention.

3800 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo