Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3858 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month
13. Re: Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month Dec 16, 2014, 22:08 Wowbagger_TIP

I thought the DMS campaign was OK, and Dragonfall was great, so I don't regret supporting the original Kickstarter at all. I'll be in for this one too most likely. Anxious to hear what they're planning.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Expands
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Expands Dec 16, 2014, 13:36 Wowbagger_TIP

I was having fun with it for a few days. Then started having problems with my vid card (Asus R9 280X). Getting really bad artifacting in that game. The kind that looks like giant opaque polygons obscuring everything. Almost like a screen shattering effect.

I've tried the last few versions of the Catalyst drivers, and I think I'm going to try the 14.4 version tonight since some people had suggested that. If that doesn't work, I think I'm screwed.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta
3. Re: Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta Dec 16, 2014, 11:14 Wowbagger_TIP

This is one of those games that I'll buy on principle, even though I sucked at it It was still pretty fun even in its early stage. If I had the kind of time I used to have, I think i would be able to get more into it.  

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
20. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 22:34 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:15:
bigspender wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:04:
mellis wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 20:45:
Shame really that such censorship exists. If they replaced 'people' with 'zombies' - no one would bat an eyelid.

That's because there is a massive different between cold blooded slaughter of innocents for "fun" vs fighting for survival against a monster (that is already dead anyway).

In a game? What's the difference? You press a button, animation plays, scripts fire, particles fly from emitters, models play animations, red decal left behind... such difference, what amaze!

In case you didn't get my lame meme use, I am saying, there is no friggin gameplay difference AT ALL. You are arguing over how a model looks, not how gameplay is.

If you replaced all l4d zombies with babies, nuns and angels it would change nothing about the gameplay.
Like Cutter said, intent matters. It's not just about the gameplay. It's about what it represents. These guys have gone out of their way to make a game that portrays you as a guy intent on murdering innocent civilians in graphic detail, without so much as a fig leaf of a plot reason for it beyond you hating the world.

This game is the kind of murder simulator that anti-game groups are always going on about. I don't see why Valve should support that.

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
13. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 14, 2014, 01:22 Wowbagger_TIP

Axis wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 20:40:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 19:29:
Asmodai wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 18:37:
The lagging is on certain abilities, shield charge/cyclone being the two major culprits.

Since shield charge is kinda useless, I moved to whirling blades and haven't had a lag death since (3 f#cking hardcore characters all killed due to shield charge rubberbanding while trying to escape...)

As for the uber builds with ultra expensive items, I've been using the Sovyn's lazy pally build (max shield block tank templar) and have spent relatively little (bout 5 ex all up, all of that self earned). Considering 5 ex won't get you a single high tier item for some builds, being fully equipped and being capable of doing 85+ maps by standing there and tanking everything is pretty good. 18k dps reave as the main attack.

Block got nerfed in the recent patch, but they've made a lot of good changes to the Templar part of the tree to make it more competitive with the other classes, so it is probably still a pretty good build, even if maxing out block is a lot harder now.

I'm about to jump into the new league now, just trying to decide what sort of build I want to start with... that's always the hardest part

Pretty straight forward for me:

Step 1: Level farmer (summoner, totem, etc)
Step 2: Learn new league mechanics and let bugs/balance work out.
Step 3: Level buttkicker.

Yeah, I'm starting out with a flame totem build that I should be able to get at least some decent MF with. Won't be low-life or anything, but hopefully enough to get some decent currency. Plus I've never done a flame totem build before, so should be interesting.

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
10. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 13, 2014, 19:29 Wowbagger_TIP

Asmodai wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 18:37:
The lagging is on certain abilities, shield charge/cyclone being the two major culprits.

Since shield charge is kinda useless, I moved to whirling blades and haven't had a lag death since (3 f#cking hardcore characters all killed due to shield charge rubberbanding while trying to escape...)

As for the uber builds with ultra expensive items, I've been using the Sovyn's lazy pally build (max shield block tank templar) and have spent relatively little (bout 5 ex all up, all of that self earned). Considering 5 ex won't get you a single high tier item for some builds, being fully equipped and being capable of doing 85+ maps by standing there and tanking everything is pretty good. 18k dps reave as the main attack.

Block got nerfed in the recent patch, but they've made a lot of good changes to the Templar part of the tree to make it more competitive with the other classes, so it is probably still a pretty good build, even if maxing out block is a lot harder now.

I'm about to jump into the new league now, just trying to decide what sort of build I want to start with... that's always the hardest part

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week
14. Re: Steam Holiday Auction  Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week Dec 12, 2014, 00:52 Wowbagger_TIP

I apparently don't have cards for all the games I've played in the past, and some games, especially F2P games, only give cards when you spend a certain amount of money in game. And apparently you have to spend it through Steam or something as well, as I certainly haven't gotten cards for all the money I've spent in Path of Exile.

I really don't feel like going back and installing and playing all these games just to get cards, so I figure it's not worth my time to do this auction crap. I'd rather just play games than worry about any of this stuff. Definitely not worth the time.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 11, 2014, 09:34 Wowbagger_TIP

What a shame. The world really needs more MOBAs.

News Comments > Evening Patches
20. Re: Evening Patches Dec 10, 2014, 22:12 Wowbagger_TIP

Think I'll wait for them to fix the tactical cam and inventory and pick it up later in a sale.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
67. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 18:00 Wowbagger_TIP

Sho wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:17:
Quinn wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:13:
This pit of bitter, old men hardly represents the entire gaming community.

Can we get that into the site title?
Hah! Best comment in an otherwise long and boring thread

News Comments > Dead Island: Epidemic Open Beta
3. Re: Dead Island: Epidemic Open Beta Dec 5, 2014, 22:44 Wowbagger_TIP

As they complete matches players can now earn weapon modifications (which are divided into rarity: common, uncommon, rare, epic and legendary)

Completely useless, mostly useless, meh, ok, and wow, what a crappy roll.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Early Access
2. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Dec 5, 2014, 21:48 Wowbagger_TIP

PHJF wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 21:16:
So the $15 game (which was chock fucking full of overpriced DLC) is now a $50 game?

I haven't really read anything about this game yet, but the store page mentions offering $130 worth of in-game currency with the collector's edition, which doesn't sound like a good thing to me.

News Comments > Game Reviews
20. Re: Game Reviews Dec 3, 2014, 22:31 Wowbagger_TIP

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 12:30:
I never really got the hate for DA2. I thought if fit perfectly fine within the DA narrative as a whole. It introduced some great characters and set up the mage-templar war that we're seeing now.

The combat in DA2 is primarily what killed it for me. Damned enemies just dropping out of nowhere into the middle of your formation all the time pretty much destroyed the idea of tactical combat decisions.

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2014, 10:58 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 02:26:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 20:09:
Caladell wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 18:15:
I nabbed Mordor as well. Then I grabbed the season pass at bundle stars for cheap. On sale, plus 25% off even sale stuff with this coupon: SUPERNOVA25

Awww crap! I just bought Mordor when I saw it on Steam at $33.49. Didn't think to check Amazon!

Furious2

Do you feel it's not worth $33? Do you want to encourage this kind of game?

I don't know yet. I haven't actually played it. Won't be able to play until I get back from vacation. While I get what you're saying, from what I've read about the game, it will be fun for a little while before it gets too repetitive. So, while it'll fill the role of an action game for a while, I don't have high expectations, so I wasn't really interested in throwing extra money at them unnecessarily. If I do end up really liking it, I could just buy the DLC.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2014, 20:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Caladell wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 18:15:
I nabbed Mordor as well. Then I grabbed the season pass at bundle stars for cheap. On sale, plus 25% off even sale stuff with this coupon: SUPERNOVA25

Awww crap! I just bought Mordor when I saw it on Steam at $33.49. Didn't think to check Amazon!

Furious2

News Comments > Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes
3. Re: Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes Nov 25, 2014, 12:06 Wowbagger_TIP

Darks wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 11:14:
Thats a bullshit policy change. Steam is getting to political.

Seems reasonable to me. Should help keep people from getting ripped off so easily.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 24, 2014, 13:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Always nice to see AT&T get called on their bullshit.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale This Week
10. Re: So many! Nov 23, 2014, 20:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Aww, crap. Why'd this have to be now, when I'm leaving on vacation on the 27th? My wi-fi access will be intermittent to occasional, at best. Owell, guess there's always the holiday sale...  

News Comments > Titanfall Deluxe Edition Released
6. Re: Titanfall Deluxe Edition Released Nov 20, 2014, 00:47 Wowbagger_TIP

I wonder if they'll get the message about the game's failings and produce a sequel (or some sort of follow-on) that will get these things right.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2014, 13:20 Wowbagger_TIP

Seems to me that Uber is essentially a largely unregulated taxi service. So, cities should either deregulate other taxi companies, or explain clearly why such regulations are necessary, and that they should apply to all taxi services, regardless of what they call themselves.  

3858 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo