Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3989 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Vector Thrust
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Vector Thrust Jul 3, 2015, 12:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, the story made no sense to me either. Need to see more about the actual gameplay on this one.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week
6. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week Jul 1, 2015, 09:23 Wowbagger_TIP

InBlack wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 08:12:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 06:55:
InBlack wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 03:05:
Im sick of HOTS, and currently waiting for DCS World 2. I think Ill be going back to POE and creating a nice new character when this hits. Might even start messing around with Hardcore.

Any suggestions, for a (not a complete newbie) what character I should start out with? Im looking for a char that is not so much gear dependant.

To be honest there is so much changes in 2.0 that half the builds are broken and there's about another 10,000 builds to replace them. The amount of content and changes to the game is indeed staggering. I'd recommend just looking at what main skills you find the most enjoyable and build off of that. Lots of old skills that werent so good got boosts. There's also a ton of new skills to play around with. Melee seems to be in favor throughout the beta though.

Ok thanks for the tip. Last time I played, I leveld two classes, melee crusader, and ranged ranger. The ranger got further along before hitting a really solid feeling gear wall. I simply couldnt progress further without significantly better gear without trading for it. Im looking to avoid that bit, since to trade you really need to get sort of lucky with some orb drops (at least thats how it used to be).

You should be able to get to maps now at least without having to trade much, if at all. Some easier starting builds would be things like Flame Totem (witch or templar) or Ice Crash (probably Marauder with 2H axe or mace). With vendor recipes for things like +1 to elemental gems, or +xx% physical damage, you can generally craft decent weapons to keep you going. I'd recommend saving up your currency orbs as much as possible though, as you'll get far more for them by trading later on than you will by rolling the dice and using them to try to craft good rares.

The leveling process has been smoothed out considerably. Gems are now available from vendors, so you have much more access to them than before, without trading. They also sell 3 and 4-link gear much sooner than before, so that can be handy when you need an upgrade. They've also cut out a lot of the annoying and boring areas to keep things moving more quickly. Feels so much better now than before.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week
1. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week Jun 30, 2015, 21:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Been playing around in the beta, and this expansion is just massive and game-changing. So many improvements make the game feel so much better. Really looking forward to playing in the Warbands league when this is released.  

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
15. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 20:07 Wowbagger_TIP

I liked the first Battlezone remake. The sequel, while it improved certain aspects, didn't seem to capture the same feel of movement of the first. Interested to see how this turns out though.  

News Comments > Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed
12. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 13:20 Wowbagger_TIP

pagb wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 12:29:
Axis wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 11:47:
PoE/D2 you can play for years on end and never get bored.
False, bored to death with both of them also.

PoE is the same story as D3, new patch additions lure you in, level up a toon just to ditch him upon reaching high end because it's the same all over again.

And D2... what's the point of doing Baal or Mephisto runs for hours? Rly?

Except that PoE at least gives you a million different ways to build a character. So many very different skills and combinations, as well as Vaal skills and much better crafting system. With upcoming 2.0 release, we also get jewels, divination cards, more new skills, new monsters, and new play mechanics each season, on top of an entire new act for the game. I sometimes get bored with a character, but I keep coming back to try something new.

News Comments > Blade & Soul Business Model Outlined
2. Re: Blade & Soul Business Model Outlined Jun 23, 2015, 12:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Quboid wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 11:45:
cosmetics, convenience, and consumables not power, not gear, not permanent stat increases

So temporary increases are in? Sounds like these consumables will make it pay to win.

Yep, they can try to make it sound benign, but that's definitely P2W.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2015, 15:28 Wowbagger_TIP

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 14:28:
I think I tried to get in once and the server wouldn't let me play so I quit and forgot about it.

I didn't even buy anything on sale. I just have to much stuff to finish already.
I think I picked up 2 games during this sale. There are others I'd like to get, but I've got so much to play already that I can easily wait until the holiday sale to get anything else. I haven't even started Witcher 3 yet, and that alone could last for a couple months, with other things like HotS mixed in.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Content
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Content Jun 19, 2015, 13:49 Wowbagger_TIP

I thought I read something about a new map coming out with this too. That still happening?  

News Comments > Act of Aggression in September
3. Re: Act of Aggression in September Jun 10, 2015, 21:14 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 21:10:
I do lurv me some near-future RTS. And this is the same guys as the Wargame series, which is pretty good. The only caveat is that this is the follow-up to Act of War, which was just okay. That was a long time ago, so these guys must have learned a trick or two since then.

I thought Act of War (and its expansion) were pretty good. Better than most other RTSes of the time.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
42. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 13:52 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm sure I'll be buying this, but I tend to wait at least 6 months or so for mods to fix all the stupid decisions they made, as well as the half-assed quests and areas, and for patches to deal with the inevitable horde of bugs.

These games are generally fairly bad at release, and would stay that way if not for the modding community.

Edit: Oh yeah, and if they try any paid mods crap with this, then it's no-buy for me.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2015, 14:11.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launches
8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 2, 2015, 23:03 Wowbagger_TIP

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 22:13:
HotS is like Dota 2 only it's frustrating, it has worse graphics, it's based around grind / P2W, the gameplay is all spam and... well, yeah.

I really hate Blizzard's P2W business model. Hearthstone was ruined because of it. Valve nailed it with Dota 2, which is why this is so frustrating.

Uhh, yeah. There's nothing P2W about it. I've only been playing for about a month off and on. I'm new to MOBAs aside from a fairly brief stint with LoL. This game has less tedious and annoying aspects than LoL, and I'm having a pretty good time with it. Just hit lvl 25 which unlocks all talents. It starts you off playing co-op against AI, which is good. Then let's you play against other teams. Gotta get to lvl 30 I think to access ranked play, but I have little interest in that anyway. I may pay to get permanent access to some heroes, but I've already made over 25K gold, so I can buy some anyway.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launch Event
8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launch Event May 29, 2015, 19:39 Wowbagger_TIP

I've been playing with it for the past month or so. It's basically the fun parts of other MOBAs, without so much of the tedious, annoying stuff. I like it. It's got the typical Blizzard polish, and it's free. Can't really find much wrong with it.  

News Comments > Spaceforce Rogue Universe HD Released
1. Re: Spaceforce Rogue Universe HD Released May 29, 2015, 12:05 Wowbagger_TIP

So this is a remake? I've never even heard of the game before. Anyone played it?  

News Comments > Overwatch Video
14. Re: Overwatch Video May 27, 2015, 22:31 Wowbagger_TIP

I'll give this a shot when it comes out. Blizzard is pretty good at polishing games, even if they did screw the pooch with D3. I'm pretty sure they'll fix the annoying crap during the inevitable beta.  

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
4. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 22, 2015, 11:23 Wowbagger_TIP

I don't mind F2P, as long as it's not P2W. I play PoE and HotS, which are both F2P and just fine.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 20, 2015, 18:41 Wowbagger_TIP

I did eventually get my Witcher 3 key from GMG yesterday. They also sent along a 40% off code for my next purchase, so that helps too.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 19, 2015, 13:08 Wowbagger_TIP

No, not really their job to trump up a bunch of crap to create a ridiculous sentence possibility in order to coerce plea bargains. If you want to see what prosecutors consider to be fair treatment, look at how the handle cases involving cops. No charge stacking or coercion there.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
45. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Krovven wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:19:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:00:
I don't have my key from GMG yet. Not sure when that's supposed to go out.

They don't always send them out. Check your game key list on GMG o see if it's been added.

Yeah, still says no key available. Guess I keep waiting...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2015, 21:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Yep. Not working for me either.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
41. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:00 Wowbagger_TIP

I don't have my key from GMG yet. Not sure when that's supposed to go out.  

3989 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo