Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 3975 (Veteran)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
4. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 22, 2015, 11:23 Wowbagger_TIP

I don't mind F2P, as long as it's not P2W. I play PoE and HotS, which are both F2P and just fine.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 20, 2015, 18:41 Wowbagger_TIP

I did eventually get my Witcher 3 key from GMG yesterday. They also sent along a 40% off code for my next purchase, so that helps too.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 19, 2015, 13:08 Wowbagger_TIP

No, not really their job to trump up a bunch of crap to create a ridiculous sentence possibility in order to coerce plea bargains. If you want to see what prosecutors consider to be fair treatment, look at how the handle cases involving cops. No charge stacking or coercion there.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
45. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Krovven wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:19:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:00:
I don't have my key from GMG yet. Not sure when that's supposed to go out.

They don't always send them out. Check your game key list on GMG o see if it's been added.

Yeah, still says no key available. Guess I keep waiting...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2015, 21:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Yep. Not working for me either.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
41. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:00 Wowbagger_TIP

I don't have my key from GMG yet. Not sure when that's supposed to go out.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2015, 12:17 Wowbagger_TIP

I started playing around with Heroes a couple weeks ago. So far I've just been playing vs. AI, trying to learn the basics of the strategy and as many of the heroes as I can. I'm a MOBA noob, so this was probably a good way to go. I'm a couple matches away from hitting player level 20 now.

Overall, I haven't run into anything more than minor annoyance from other players. Some have been helpful, and others frustrated, but nothing that was truly obnoxious. I'm sure that regular matches could get a little more heated. The AI is pretty easy to beat if at least most of your team is playing decent. Have had some matches where a player or two were making things very difficult though.

Now I'm trying to decide what to get with the gold I've accumulated, and whether to buy the Nexus bundle.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 17, 2015, 02:49 Wowbagger_TIP

This is nothing new. It's been going on for years. Toothless European privacy organization gets pissed about it, but has no authority to do anything. Nothing new on that front either. The comments were amusing though.

Anyone happen to know why I keep getting redirected to ad sites when I open a comment page on Blue's? I'm using Dolphin Jetpack browser on Android. It's REALLY annoying.

4. Re: New Method For Making Wood Corners For Drawers Or Boxes. May 16, 2015, 14:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Xil wrote on May 16, 2015, 12:06:
That fascinated me more then I thought, pretty clever

Yeah, aside from requiring the custom blade, it looks like it could be pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Probably be able to get one at Home Depot after a while.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
50. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 16, 2015, 09:54 Wowbagger_TIP

ItBurn wrote on May 16, 2015, 06:11:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 15, 2015, 22:30:
ItBurn wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:59:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:51:
GMG is offering 27% off on pre-order of Witcher 3. Now I'm tempted to get it and bump it up to the top of the backlog. Dammit. I was just starting to make some progress too :-/

Apparently, CD Projekt doesn't want people to buy it from GMG.

You mean GOG? I broke down and picked it up, even though I very rarely pre-order games. $43.80 was a decent price for it. It's a GOG key rather than Steam though.

Possibly GOG, but GOG is owned by CD Projekt. Unless this changed and I was unaware.

It is. Guess offers like this one are a way to direct people toward using their service instead of Steam.

48. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 15, 2015, 22:30 Wowbagger_TIP

ItBurn wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:59:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:51:
GMG is offering 27% off on pre-order of Witcher 3. Now I'm tempted to get it and bump it up to the top of the backlog. Dammit. I was just starting to make some progress too :-/

Apparently, CD Projekt doesn't want people to buy it from GMG.

You mean GOG? I broke down and picked it up, even though I very rarely pre-order games. $43.80 was a decent price for it. It's a GOG key rather than Steam though.

45. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 15, 2015, 18:51 Wowbagger_TIP

News Comments > Overwatch Video
44. Re: Overwatch Video May 15, 2015, 14:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Given that it's not supposed to be released until late this year, they've got a lot of time to polish and refine things. It may not be something that I'm terribly excited about, but it could end up being good.

News Comments > Overwatch Video
32. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 17:01 Wowbagger_TIP

I thought I was getting pretty jaded about games these days, but some of you guys make me look absolutely fanboyish.

Since this is an alpha or early beta version of the game, I'm sure a lot of the nitpicks that people pointed out will be rectified. The constant comments during attacks, some of the more annoying or obstructive UI elements, etc can always be fixed.

From what I've seen of this game before, it looks like TF2 with more variety and mobility in the characters/classes, especially vertically. It looks like it could be fun, and I'm sure I'll be giving it a try when it comes out.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 14, 2015, 09:32 Wowbagger_TIP

So am I right in assuming that Tower game is a joke of some sort?  

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Support Packs & Divination Cards
21. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Support Packs & Divination Cards May 13, 2015, 19:48 Wowbagger_TIP

jacobvandy wrote on May 13, 2015, 18:58:
The mods are integrated into the base game, yes, but they don't manifest nearly as frequently as during the challenge leagues. It's just not the same.
True, but given that there are so many of the mods integrated now, you're running into one or another of them pretty much constantly.

16. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Support Packs & Divination Cards May 13, 2015, 15:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Axis wrote on May 13, 2015, 15:34:
GGG always incorporates the league-specific modifications to the permanent leagues unless there was overwhelming negative views of certain ones.

I think the confusion on his part comes from the fact that those mods don't get incorporated into the regular leagues until the challenge leagues end. So, you won't be able to immediately continue that character in a league with the mods that are currently only in the challenge league.

That said, this is definitely not a new thing. With a couple of exceptions, all of the mods from previous challenge leagues have been incorporated into the regular leagues.

News Comments > Invisible, Inc. Appears
10. Re: Invisible, Inc. Appears May 13, 2015, 14:10 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on May 13, 2015, 10:49:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 13, 2015, 10:35:
Mark of the Ninja was really good, so I've got high hopes for this one. Sounds pretty good already. Looking forward to seeing the gameplay.

Reviews have been very good. I like the fact that you can tweak the gameplay as you see fit.

edit: And another.

Thanks for the links! Yeah, this sounds like it's right up my alley. I'll be picking it up tonight most likely

12. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Support Packs & Divination Cards May 13, 2015, 13:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 13, 2015, 12:24:
My only actual problem with the game is not the lag or the desyncs (I play hardcore only). Is that the Modified Leagues end.. So they start off a league with the mobs getting specialty perks and then after 3-4 months the league ends and that's it. Your character gets moved to regular hardcore. I wish this didn't happen because I'd like to grind/progress my character to better and better with the same mods and decide if I want to start the new league.

Most of those league mods have made their way into the regular leagues as permanent changes. Plenty of people continue building their characters there, as well as experimenting with new builds.

8. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Support Packs & Divination Cards May 13, 2015, 11:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Got into the beta last week, and already I think it's a big improvement to the leveling experience. You get better skill gems and gear with more sockets earlier in the game, and they've removed a lot of the unimportant and boring areas, making the more interesting content more densely packed. Very good changes overall.

Haven't had much time to play this past week, so I'm only getting into Act 4 Cruel, but the difficulty does seem to have increased too. They've been making good progress, adding new things and addressing balance issues with each patch. New melee ice skill was just revealed as well.

3975 Comments. 199 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo