Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 for Sale?
72. No subject Nov 13, 2004, 22:45 VoodooV

exactly, the hard core gaming community loves to put themselves on a pedestal and talk about how fucking smart they are..

tell me how fucking smart it is to throw money at a company for a game that hasn't been released and reviewed yet on an unproven content delivery system.

nope, you're all a bunch of slathering fanbois, mashing the feeder bar down for the next food pellet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. No subject Nov 13, 2004, 21:28 VoodooV

and since the game is required to have an internet connection, even on the retail box...how come Valve can't just disable activation until 16th and make the whole issue moot?

a lot of people have an encrypted copy of HL2 and can't play it...tell me how having a CD and not being able to play it is any different?

40. Re: Nov 13, 2004, 21:22 VoodooV

prove to me that Vivendi actually released the game and that its not just some greedy retail shop jumping the gun and you'd have a valid arguement.

till then, its all hype..just like HL2

35. No subject Nov 13, 2004, 21:13 VoodooV

regardless of whether the money goes to a developer or a publisher, you're still giving money to a company that is providing you with entertainment.

so quit painting one as the great white hope and the other as the evil empire....fucking ludicrous

34. Re: Nov 13, 2004, 21:10 VoodooV

yeah and up until now, those publishers are the one that have gotten games into everyone's hands for the past couple of decades

amazing how quick we are to spit in their face.

they did a service for the developers, they get a cut, end o story.

30. No subject Nov 13, 2004, 21:01 VoodooV

and consumer intelligence continues to spiral downward into oblvion.

HL2 may very well be a great game, but it just sickens me how many are succumbing to hype

News Comments > The Final Hours of Half-Life 2
77. No subject Nov 13, 2004, 16:18 VoodooV

Fuck Gabe, Fuck Valve, and most of all, fuck Steam.

instead of this release date delay bullshit, which lead him to start lying to his fans, why don't they do what Nvidia used to do and not even announce the goddamned product until its ready to go (oh wait, they needed to take advantage of the hype to reel people in hook line and sinker into Steam.

if you have to give a date to your publisher or to the powers that be, fine give THEM a date, but otherwise, shut the fuck up and don't say shit until you have a product ready to sell.

that way when the inevitable product delays occur, no one gets disappointed, except for the business. and since they're the one delaying it, shouldn't they be the ones that feel the hurt, not the fans?

News Comments > Marvel Sues over City of Heroes
21. No subject Nov 12, 2004, 13:04 VoodooV

in addition, one of the chestpiece options is a ring-like device that looks a LOT like Iron Man's uni-beam chest weapon.

also, the claws power pool is pretty indistinguishable from wolverine's claws.

so in retrospect, I don't think the lawsuit is completely without merit.

News Comments > Marvel Sues over City of Heroes
20. The Effeminate Hulk Nov 12, 2004, 13:00 VoodooV

to be fair though, I play COH and I do see marvel characters abused quite a bit.

a few months back, I encountered a character named "The Effeminate Hulk" and it was a perfect likeness of the Hulk, with the exception of a large pink tank top with a heart on it.

but yeah, why not sue the player, not the company. surely other MMOs with lots of avatar customization options have had players that have done the same thing,

as if copying someone elses work is a new thing.

News Comments > Star Wars RTS Revealed
41. No subject Nov 11, 2004, 11:32 VoodooV

bottom line is that when they were making the Xwing games, TIE fighter, and XWA games and hell even the Jedi Knight games.

I fucking felt like I *was* Luke Skywalker, flying down the trench, In one of the TIE fighter missions, you get to fly with Darth Vader, that was the best! I felt like I was Lando Calrissian escaping the 2nd Death Star, I felt like I was really Kyle Katarn, learning the ways of the Force.

do any of these newer SW games make any of you feel like that? somehow I doubt it.

7. No subject Nov 10, 2004, 10:32 VoodooV

Lucasarts needs to only make two types of games, funnel their resources into their strengths:

-RPG, "KOTOR-like" games
-bring back the space sims baby, and I don't mean Jedi Starfighter and the kiddie shootemup games, I'm talking about paying Lawrence Holland an obscene amount of money to make the mother of all Star Wars space sims.

6. No subject Nov 10, 2004, 10:25 VoodooV

jesus christ stop the whoring Lucas

News Comments > Steam Update
6. Re: Just backed it UP!!!!!!! Nov 9, 2004, 10:31 VoodooV

Self-control, people!

hehe, that's funny coming from someone who is using Valve's big brother software just to play HL2

News Comments > Out of the Blue
245. No subject Nov 3, 2004, 18:01 VoodooV

even though the vice prez has little power except for being prez of the senate, I'd still like to see how that would affect things, if a rep and dem are forced to work together, I'd like to think that would help stop a lot of this red vs. blue mentality.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
238. No subject Nov 3, 2004, 16:51 VoodooV

what I wish would happen, to at least make an effort to heal this vehement bi-partisanship, is some sort of ceremony, where the two candidates get together, PUBLICLY shake hands, praise the other guy and maybe even talk about things they can do TOGETHER to service this nation, and at least give the appearance that things are being left in an amicable state.

this bipartisanship is killing us, it really is, this us vs them mentality, if you're not with us, you're against us, the world is not binary people, and we gotta work together even if you hate the other guy.

To me it just feels like America is no longer the land of tolerance, that if you lose, you're not merely the guy who didn't win, you're wrong, and you're stupid for even running and voicing your alternative stance.

As Jon Stewart might say, its....bad...for America, its hurting us.

News Comments > Bizz Buzz - Infogrames Suspended
22. No subject Oct 29, 2004, 16:40 VoodooV

sigh, why do all the cool companies like Infogrames and Looking Glass get killed offf.

I thought Infogrames changed their name to Atari after they bought it?

or who am I thinking of?

News Comments > CoV Beta Details
12. No subject Oct 29, 2004, 12:11 VoodooV

this is so weird, I'm on a message board DEFENDING a MMO....never thought I'd be doing that

if you've ever fantasized about being a superhero, CoH will tug those emotional strings. Yeah its pretty simplistic to just run/fly/jump around killing mobs like every other MMO, but everything is done within the Comic book style context so it falls within that realm.

you've got hundreds of missions and story arcs to go through as well, so if all you're doing is just fighting street mobs, you're missing the content, but thats not CoH's fault, that's yours.

News Comments > CoV Beta Details
8. No subject Oct 28, 2004, 18:19 VoodooV

hardly, there have been 2 major free updates that have updated loads of content and another one is on the way that will add epic Archetypes

the only downside is that the majority of it is high level content, servicing the hard core even though there are more casual than hard core.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Update
26. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2004, 16:54 VoodooV

1) Interface - a global framework that allows features such as buddy tracking patching and anticheat to work across multiple games and mods.
Completely unnecessary, other programs do it with less intrusion. And so what? its an interface for crying out loud. big whoop. And again, how does it benefit the person only interested in the SP game
2) Autopatcher - though more hardcore gamers such as those who read BluesNews have no problem finding and downloading patches, to the average gamer they are a souce of confusion and inconvenience. It also allows patches to be deployed more quickly (no need to make custom installers for all the possible setups), with greater organization (no more v1.0->1.1, 1.1->1.5, etc) and with greater frequency (a hotfix can be rolled out alone instead of waiting for the next "big" patch).
by your own admission, completely unnecessary, the only people would even remotely need this are the computer illiterates, who are more likely to be burned because of all the hoops Steam makes you jump through or don't realize the net connection is required. And again, there will inevitably be that day when they release a patch that breaks the game, changes gameplay that most find unacceptable or otherwise pisses off the fanbase. If your answer is, "then turn off the autopatcher" Then my response is, why the hell am I forced to use steam when one of the features is something I immediately turn off?
[3) Online content delivery - Cheaper (yes), faster (yes, though moreso for games Vivendi doesn't have rights to), convenient, portable (all I need is my Steam id and pass to play anywhere online- whatever games I want will download).
again, completely unnecessary, only a real benefit for those with broadband, alienates everyone else. I'll agree that digital content delivery HAS a future, but its a far cry from BEING the future,
4) Integrated anticheat - If you choose to, you can log on to VAC protected servers. Though it doesn't ban immediately, (it waits about a month) it is good about weeding out most cheaters and sacring[sic] the rest off.
Ineffective, it will all get cracked eventually, all these anti-cheating initiatives do is encourage people to break them. like piracy, there will always be someone smarter than the person who wrote the code, thats just life. I'm not saying don't try and stop it, but the annoyance that is Steam just isn't worth those dubious benefits. Again, useless to the person interested in only the SP game.

As for the basic version of HL2 being cheaper, I'll give you that one. Call me cynical, but i'm willing to bet that that will be the exception, not the rule. Corps have always priced products not at what they're actually worth, but at what they know the market will bear, so any discount will be temporary at best.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 17:07.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Update
24. No subject Oct 27, 2004, 14:37 VoodooV

The point is that they are unnecessarily alienating people who:

1. believe it is against principle to be forced to activate a single player game online

2. live outside the US where internet connections are not as readily available.

3. just simply don't want it. (yes, very valid reason)

for what? so they can fight piracy? how? Historically speaking, draconian methods of fighting piracy, like steam have ALWAYS ENCOURAGED piracy, not prevented it. Even on the steam boards, talk is rampant of how it will be easier to just wait for someone to crack steam and play it offline, and you know what...they're right.

So they can cut out the middle man? how does that help ME, the consumer, say they do cut out vivendi, say 100% of all money spent goes completely to valve. That means we're going to see cheaper games right? WRONG, they're going to pocket that difference you know they will..if you believe something else, you're just niave. Its either going to go towards buying everyone on the staff ferraris or at BEST its going to go into development of the next game, but even in THAT case, all it does is justify the same inflated price tage of games.

So in the end, we have Valve with all the money, still charging high prices for games, Vivendi is out of business, putting more unemployed people to drain the economy.

Gee, can't wait!

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo