Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Demo
109. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2004, 17:39 VoodooV

($55 vs. $50)

yeah cuz that's such a bargain. normal price, vs inflated price.

you crafty consumer you!

*lol*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

108. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2004, 17:37 VoodooV

I never thought of the option of being able to download a game you own (and, gasp, had to go online to register) to any computer you want and play it anywhere before Steam was unveiled. It is a plus to me.

-if you own it, wtf do you have to download it for much less ask for permission to play every time you run it?
-play it anywhere? please, what..you gonna go to the library to study and suddenly decide to take a HL2 break...of course the library won't mind that you hog 3+ GB of their bandwith to play (not to mention how likely it would be that they would have sufficient hardware to play)...pshaw...such a triviality! same goes for work, or a friends house...or school how stupid is that? All these places more than likely have policies against such things. ever read the instructions for how to go into offline mode? they totally encourage you to do just that!

you trust a business that implicitly? to look out for your best interests? you deserve what you get. have fun in 1984-land!

106. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2004, 17:24 VoodooV

(for less $$$)

now I know you're just a fanboi and talking out of your ass....or is it gabe's ass? (certainly enough room for you to live there)

seriously, thats rich! companies charging less for software..*lol*

102. Re: Strange Days Indeed Dec 21, 2004, 17:02 VoodooV

And then, suddenly, Gabeth smite voodoo

and by smite, you mean 'sat on'

100. No subject Dec 21, 2004, 16:57 VoodooV

Wrong. Bait and switch is where they promise one thing and then try to sell you another. Nothing like that is occurring here

*lol* how long until they decide to change HL2 into something you don't want...too late, you've already agreed to make sure its ok with big brother before you got to install HL2, you already agreed to make sure its ok with big brother before you installed the demo. only a matter of time before they 'upgrade' steam to make it so that it forces an internet check before you run the game and HAVE to have the version they want you to have....oh wait..too late. Sure its just an 'option' to have offline mode now, but just wait. Suddenly, you don't have what you originally bought anymore. hence, bait and switch. cry paranoia all you want, but its all fun and games till it inevitably happens...and it will.

business 101 here kids...I mean what...you think they're just going to stop with Steam in its present form? they're always going to push and push and see how far they can go before the collective says stop, what do you think they do in board rooms all day, figure out ways to squeeze a little bit more out of you...and a little bit more....and a little bit more...and they're not going to stop out of some niave sense of trust and moral decency....the only way they stop is if you push back.

93. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2004, 16:23 VoodooV

We've all seen little voodoos post

yeah, like you really get to take the moral high ground here. Talk about two faced, you all act like i'm the first person to rant and make personal attacks ever on the internet, and then you turn around and do it yourself.

real class act there fellas, a paragon of virtue you are.

How niave can you be? read any tech site or magazine and there is someone talking about going to, or have gotten to a subscription based price model where you don't buy software, you rent it's services. Its happening...its GOING to continue to happen...unless you stand up and start saying NO and take a stand now. Hell its been here for years when you take EULAs into consideration. You didn't buy the software, you merely bought the *priviledge* to use the software, a privilidge that can be taken away

Of course they're going to try and lure you, of course they're going to bundle the shit you want, with the shit you don't want...hello...bait and switch anyone? oldest trick in the book, and you're falling for it.

you know i'm just voicing what you've all been thinking, difference is I've got the balls to say it AND stand behind it, you don't.

61. Re: ... Dec 21, 2004, 01:27 VoodooV

I don't EVER spend $50 on a meal, so no I do not go hungry.

Sad - you're missing out on a lot of really good meals.

WTF...Gabe? is that you?

59. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2004, 01:10 VoodooV

maybe I am bitching, but the fact that you don't like it either, but are just tolerating it makes you...the bitch.

I'm bitching cuz i'm fed up (and I know a lot of you are as well) with businesses like Valve and MS telling us what to like and what to play and what to install.

Its fucking scary to see games like H2 and HL2 get near universal praise and anyone who has anything bad to say about it gets ripped on or called a whiner...WTF happened?!?! I half expect Eidos to re-release Deus Ex 2 and suddenly everyone loves it and becomes the sleeper hit of the millenium right next to Daikatana. HL2 and H2 are certainly very pretty games, and certainly they are GOOD games, but GREAT games deserving of such mindless devotion and acceptance of unwanted programs....gimme a break!

Guess I'm just hardwired that way, when something has that much popularity, there is obviously SOMETHING wrong with it..and in this case, I am not referring to Steam.

I thought fascists were just interested in gov't, not gaming.

Just expecting more differing opinions from the gaming culture that CLAIMS to be highly intelligent and highly individualistic. And it seems utterly twofaced to me to see people who are smart enough to know what spyware is and eliminate it and instruct users not to tolerate piggyback programs that come with screensavers and other crap and remove them right away. To see technically minded people such as the gaming culture turn around and fall for the same trick end users fall for is just....nightmarish. Steam doesn't do anything we gamers haven't done for decades by themselves...without a sweat....to see such things as patching games and finding a game broswer suddenly become this unbearable chore is a joke. I'm sorry you can't see that.

As for comparing a game to a potentially life-saving automobile device? weak..fucking weak. you are a total asshole

48. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2004, 22:55 VoodooV

from the Steam Forums

For Sale by Valve: One (1) spine, previous owner wasn't using it and sold it for one overhyped game and spyware. two bits OBO

Why do you fucking care If I bitch about it? What's the matter? you blew your wad on HL2 and now 10 minutes later its just sitting on your hard drive collecting dust with no replay? bit defensive arent we?

Would love to know how many times that pirated copy of HL2 (you know..the one that actually works without stuttering?) has been downloaded. Idiotic copy protection (wink wink) schemes always drive up the number of times people pirate, thus having the exact opposite effect of what they intended.

but then again, this is all under the delusional premise that developers actually give a damn about pirates, they don't...they give developers an easy excuse to jack the price and get consumers to foot the bill for their idiotic security software...lets see..who makes security software?...former hackers. hrmmmm

45. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2004, 22:34 VoodooV

keep talking moron, you're just digging yourself deeper

So you're telling me, you sold your soul to Steam, just cuz you can't be bothered with making a folder to dump your shortcuts in??!?!

dear god, do me a favor and sterilize yourself...PLEASE.

yes, you DO have to install it..steam is a requirement, hence the intrusion moron. you can't have it both ways...you talk about how its a requirement, and at the same time say its a choice, fucking shit man! get out of the gene pool!

41. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2004, 22:16 VoodooV

Steam is required for Half Life 2, even if it is just for activation. Therefore it's a good idea for them to require Steam for the demo as it lets the user know everything they need to be able to play HL2. Also, if they didnt previously have Steam, they will now and they may purchase it over Steam rather than a retail copy. It's just smart business.

Its called a readme file moron! Its called reading the system requirements BEFORE you download. If you can't figure that out, do us all a favor and sell your fucking computer to someone who has the synapses to use it!

purpose of a demo is to get as many people as possible to play it in order to show it off so they buy it....getting steam is a stumbling block to that = complete lunacy.

38. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2004, 22:10 VoodooV

take a clue for yourself,

its on my system whether I want it or not, therefore, INTRUSTIVE.

you know those houseguests that won't leave when you want them to....they're INTRUSIVE too...get it...INTRUDING?

For what I want to play HL2 for, Steam is complete bloatware, it does nothing to benefit me, its unneccessary, and unwanted, you all know it too...you're too weakminded say anything though, all you care about is playing HL2, and you're willing to surrender whatever it takes to play it. sound familiar? Patriot act anyone?

27. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2004, 20:39 VoodooV

WTF are they protecting the demo from? since when is demo piracy an issue?

since when is it necessary to authenticate A DEMO?!?!?!

fucking corporate lemmings, you'll do anything to keep hitting that feeder bar wont you?

19. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2004, 19:24 VoodooV

jesus fucking christ, the demo requires steam too?

screw you Valve!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
88. Re: Wow Dec 4, 2004, 00:40 VoodooV

Good for you Blue. A lot of people have been holding back on saying how much they enjoyed it or how good it is for fear of retribution

WTF? think you got that backwards, its the people who don't think its the second coming are the ones getting the flames and retribution.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Bullet Time
16. No subject Nov 27, 2004, 10:48 VoodooV

funny how people can be suckered in by an old gimmick like bullet time.

I mean seriously...It was cool for The Matrix, a rip-off for everything else....so move on.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2
57. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 10:43 VoodooV

the babies finally have their bottle and corporate greed is sated for one more day.

what's it like being valve's bitch?

cuz sure, I'm sure to play HL2 down the road, but I'll buy it when I say so, not when some corporate monkeys stop having gay pillow fights over who has the biggest wang and tell us you can play, meanwhile throwing your feces at each other over who is to blame.

thats fucking hilarious, everyone having a hissy fit about NOT being able to play it right away when the retailers broke it, now doing a total flip flop and advocating that you must be patient for the unlock.

classic. you guys are totally corporate-whipped

News Comments > Half-Life 2 for Sale?
181. Re: No subject Nov 15, 2004, 11:52 VoodooV

Oh I agree totally. but I think its very two faced to be mad at VU, because if everything went as it should and the retailers hadn't broken the date, they'd still have to wait till tomorrow to play the game anyway.

VU gets shat on either way, I'm no VU-lover, but for christs sake, dislike them for the RIGHT reasons, not because you can't play a game early that you're not supposed to play early had everything gone according to plan in the first place.

stupid fanboi-ism running rampant here. And valve is loving every minute of it. cuz stupid fanbois = more money for valve.

Its for that reason, and that I'm not a fan of steam, that I'm defending VU on this issue.

Hate VU? fine, but hate them fairly, its not like there arent any VALID reasons. But we've got a gamer version of the salem witch trials going on right here.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Voodoo 2 Patch
16. No subject Nov 15, 2004, 11:42 VoodooV

Heh, I DO still have my Voodoo2 SLI duo, but its just collecting dust inside one of my older computers that I haven't turned on in years.

and yeah, nostalgia is a good enough reason. There were some really good games out there that were 3DFX only, like Independence War, wouldn't mind playing that game again someday.

but then again, I have zero interest in Doom 3, so on that front, I don't give a care.
This comment was edited on Nov 15, 11:43.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 for Sale?
169. No subject Nov 14, 2004, 22:29 VoodooV

What I want to know is how is it Vivendi's fault that Best buy put it on the shelves?

you got other companies saying that they still have theirs locked up until the 16th,

explain to me how come Best buy isn't the one actually breaking the deal here and not VU.

seems pretty easy to me, get some Best Buy middle management punk that hates VU, puts the game on the shelves, and who takes the blame?

even if Best buy ultimately takes the blame for this snafu, VU still winds up as being even more hated than before.

hardly fair if you ask me. all of you need to just take a step back, take some ritalin and remember that its just a game for crying out loud.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 22:32.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo