Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Halo Patch
15. No subject May 31, 2005, 19:02 VoodooV

yeah, Halo (or Halo 2 for that matter) is definately NOT the best shooter around by a long shot. and its way overhyped. But I'd still buy Halo2 if it were to come out for PC

now that the Xbox360 has standard non-proprietary USB plugs in it.. It would be nice to see developers supporting K/M in console games. doubt it will happen due to the drastic unlevel playing field of controller vs K/M but its a move I'd definately support

http://www.Free360XBOX.com/?r=18566015
help me get a free XBox360, just sign up for a free trial...then cancel it...it really is that easy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > HL2 Aftermath Retail Plans
139. Re: @Dagnok May 27, 2005, 17:14 VoodooV

what he said!

http://www.Free360XBOX.com/?r=18566015
help me get a free XBox360, just sign up for a free trial...then cancel it...it really is that easy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Real ID May 11, 2005, 17:10 VoodooV

I guess this means we can't make fun of Iraq anymore for that one pre-911 election where Saddam got 100% of the vote.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: HALO 2 May 9, 2005, 10:36 VoodooV

Oh I liked HaloPC too, but that wasn't what his response was, it WASN'T worth the wait.

took them forever to do the port, and it still had huge bugs, yeah they fixed many of them, but it was still pretty inexcusable.

Haven't heard anything recently to counter this (but then again, I haven't been looking..to be fair), but last I did hear was that Halo2 was staying an xbox exclusive.....like Jade Empire.

I'd certainly buy a Halo2 PC port though I still wouldn't classify it as 'worth the wait'

edit: yeah, it looks like you can put the Xbox360 horizontal, but only if its supported on the edges...for those with a premium of shelf space and had their Xbox1 hanging over the edges even slightly...that could be a problem. so hopefully there is some sort of support on the bottom.
This comment was edited on May 9, 10:40.

4. Re: Stupid quote of the day May 6, 2005, 01:24 VoodooV

heheh, silly me, I thought it had to be from a movie.....now I remember....and weep a little bit more for humanity

2. Re: Stupid quote of the day May 5, 2005, 22:49 VoodooV

argh! can't remember what that 360 quote is from.

little help?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. No subject May 4, 2005, 17:19 VoodooV

huh...one of those side pics of the 360 looks an awful lot like Dell's old Optiplexes back when they were beige

we used to have a boatload of them at work,

and yeah, I gotta agree that the 'trackball' is probably just a spot for the logo....cuz you know how important it is to keep advertising your product even after someone has bought it....god forbid one day you wake up..start playing video games and suddenly forget what platform you're playing on..

cuz shit..I can't tell you how many times thats happened to me after I peeled off my Xbox logo..

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. new controller May 4, 2005, 11:11 VoodooV

its fucking ugly Microsoft, also, leaving it white just means its going to get quickly stained and even uglier due to the average gamer's cheeto encrusted fingers

hope they let us keep using controller S. but knowing MS, you know they wont.

guess my money will go to some 3rd party that knows how to make controllers right?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: XP SP3 May 1, 2005, 23:48 VoodooV

I kinda doubt it, even if there were huge changes in SP3, they want to save their hype for Longhorn.

of course, if scuttlebutt is right at all...Longhorn is nothing but XP SP3 with some stupid new skin.

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patch
17. No subject Apr 15, 2005, 17:22 VoodooV

another thing i'd love to see them change is allowing more than 2 other people in your party. I think its dumb cuz it makes you focus on just a small handfull of NPCs and you ignore the rest.

plus, having more people in your party could really raise the bar for how big and badass the battles could be. yeah it would tax system resources, but hey...would do you really want more...a pretty Dantooine landscape, or a huge lightsaber battle?

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patch
16. Re: I agree... Apr 15, 2005, 17:16 VoodooV

just read the patch notes, doesn't really seem to do anything significant

anyone know if there are any good strategy guides out there for the PC version...all I see is a prima guide for the X-box version.

News Comments > Ion Storm Closed
60. No subject Apr 15, 2005, 16:56 VoodooV

ID makes games? seems to me their engines get more attention than actual gameplay.

5. No subject Feb 11, 2005, 13:01 VoodooV

I used sites like suprnova and loki to download tv shows that I missed for a while now.

but I just don't really get why people download movies, not that I agree with the MPAA at all, they're a bunch of money grubbing fucktards looking to profit from imaginary 'lost revenues' Like the article says though, there is nothing that replaces seeing a movie on the big screen and since it is so easy just to rent a movie or buy one cheap, I don't get why movies are downloaded.

someone needs to turn the tide on these MPAA asswipes they tear down site after site, the hardcore pirates are never affected but the legit users like myself get shafted.

problem is, the only strong voice that ever gets heard is the MPAA pretending to be the downtrodden, wounded, angel. When do we get to hear from some strong vocal organization other than some quiet think tank, that will argue that piracy is just the cost of doing business in the digital world, and not an excuse to raise prices, and ultimately does not hurt the business?

I mean sadly, it is true, if the MPAA repeats its lies enough times, they will be considered the truth.
This comment was edited on Feb 11, 13:17.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - KOTOR 2
52. No subject Feb 10, 2005, 18:24 VoodooV

I don't have a problem with game engines being reused either, but if that is the case, they should reduce the price accordingly and call it an expansion pack.

why do I have to have 8 cds for 2 games when the new game is just a slightly upgraded version of the old and a new story?

I know Lucasarts is just looking out for their bottom line, but more people need to complain when they do shit like this...dont let them walk over you.

I picked my copy up at EB on wednesday, and even though i've only played it for a couple hours, i'm loving it. I've seen a couple bugs, but nothing gamestopping. For some reason, when I watch trailer under the movies section, when the trailer finishes, my PC reboots.

To anyone else who has played....I picked the male avatar with the beard/mustache and to me, the fucker looks a little chubby. do the other avatars look plumptastic too?

When did Al from Home Improvement find time to be a Jedi?

News Comments > Half-Life 2 EULA Legal Issues?
170. No subject Feb 10, 2005, 14:40 VoodooV

Valve MAY have had a good rep, but its all gone now.

give Gabe SOME slack though guys, he probably just had an Acid flashback from his MS days. cmon, working there has to have left some sort of residual world domination post-hypnotic commands behind.

142. Re: steam Feb 8, 2005, 05:12 VoodooV

I don't know why people keep relying on the arguement that "VAC is just around the corner, cheaters beware"

none of you honestly think that any victory that VAC achieves will be only a temporary one once someone discovers a crack/workaround for it? as quickly as they got a cracked version of HL2 as soon as soon as it was released?

but again, really, don't really care what Valve does with multiplayer, if they want to require that steam manages multiplayer gaming, fine. They could end all this controversy with one simple move: making Steam a completely separate product, so that people who want just the Single player game won't have any complaints whatsoever.

that's what most everyone's chief complaint is really, cuz really, Steam is just completely unnecessary when it comes to SP. But see, thats the crux of the issue isn't it, Valve knows that you would never use Steam if it were the least bit optional, so Gabe pulled a Microsoft and bundled it. They know the drooling idiot fanboys wanted HL2 at all costs, no matter what the state of it was (sad state of consumer intelligence that we're in) so they rammed Steam up your ass, knowing that consumers would hate it, but that they'd take it in order to play HL2, no matter how much it didn't live up to the hype.

And of course, the idiot fanboys that were ultimately disappointed at how HL2 didn't fufil all their geek-wet dreams, feel the need to justify their purchase in order to feel good about themselves, cuz got forbid people actually admit they wish they hadn't bought something, so they defend steam.

but alluding back to what a previous poster had already mentioned, its funny how things have changed now that some organization has issues with steam even if it is just the Germans, Just comparing this thread to the previous Steam-related threads out there, there seem to be a lot more people standing up and admitting that they can't stand steam now that they have an organization with some lawyers to stand behind.

dunno how much proof you need that ultimately, most people are just simple cowards that won't speak up if they don't like something. EULAs would be a comical footnote in history if more people would just say something and not tolerate companies trying to do stuff like this.

129. Re: Oh yes Feb 7, 2005, 22:51 VoodooV

Taking something from someone without paying for it or without thier consent is theft.

When you pirate a game, the person you take it from doesn't lose it. I'm not saying it's ok, but it's just not the same thing.

agreed, there is a reason one is called Theft, the other is called Copyright Infringement, because they are....TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!

also agree that I'm not condoning it, just that it is what it is.

Steal something from me, I deserve to be compensated, but if you merely infringe upon me, yeah you deserve punishment, but I do not deserve to be compensated since I didn't lose anything.

big frickin difference.

But what happens is that prices get raised in order to combat piracy....we're paying the price for what someone we don't know does....screw that...since piracy is a pre-existing market condition (ie Cost of doing Business) I don't believe the consumer should have to foot the bill for these bullshit copy protection schemes, that never ultimately protected it for long. just an endless circle, and the company is just as guilty as the pirate for perpetuating it, who pays? the legit customer.

PS: Go buy KOTOR2

108. No subject Feb 7, 2005, 19:52 VoodooV

anyway, screw HL2, buy KOTOR2 tommorrow, it easily has more value for your buck and replay than HL2 will ever have.

107. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2005, 19:37 VoodooV

You can download one file, extract its contents, and run the HL2 launcher and be playing this incredibly average game in moments. Never will you have to come into contact with steam, donate your 30 quid to the tsunami relief; those poor little Orientals deserve it after providing us with tea for quite a while.

I assume you're referring to the pirate version?

I was kinda confused when that one post was describing how hard Steam was to crack....uhm....it was cracked in what..less than 3 days? if that?

102. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2005, 19:15 VoodooV

and if you all keep bitching about steam...halflife 3 will never see the light of day. Thank you very much for ruining one of the few developers who actually made somthing decent and innovative. Congratulations...will all be stuck with EA and their crappy game collections and have to deal with mediocre....thanks you prick

lets see, consumer rights, vs Half Life 3. gee thats a toughie here. but thankfully, I can see past the fleeting couple days/weeks of entertainment that HL3 *MIGHT* bring, assuming it was even worth my money and see the bigger picture that consumer rights is a good thing.

fuck Steam, fuck Valve, and in the final analysis, fuck Half Life, as much as I bitch about console games, I would rather play a console game than tolerate 'gotta watch ya all' spyware

You're mindless corporate lackeys, you just don't care how far they make you take in the behind do you? as long as you get to keep hitting that feeder bar dont ya?

I just keep thinking that if it were any other gaming company, NO one would tolerate it, period. double standard. HL ain't that good. fuck that, NO game is that good to put up with that shit.

I'm sick of tired of everyone pointing the finger at Vivendi for various problems, when the fuck is Valve going to be responsible for the product *THEY* made

Vivendi may suck, but evil empire, it aint.
This comment was edited on Feb 7, 19:19.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo