Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Starship Troopers Demo
21. No subject Sep 1, 2005, 16:23 VoodooV

that and the book is very pro-corporal punishment

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Starship Troopers Demo
20. No subject Sep 1, 2005, 16:20 VoodooV

the book is sorta critical of American democracy, so I doubt an accurate interpretation of the book will ever be made into a movie.

in the flick with doogie...they make one passing reference to how present democracy is stupid and thats it.

the book goes a bit more in depth if I remember right.

I love Heinlen's premise though...the right to vote should be earned, not given away....but thats a different arguement for a different thread.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. No subject Sep 1, 2005, 00:02 VoodooV

proof that science and religion are two sides of the same damn coin.

both are interpreted by stupid and/or corrupt humans

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: xbox accessories Aug 23, 2005, 12:45 VoodooV

I think the other big deal about the 360 wireless adapter is how small it is and that it can fit inside a compartment behind the 360..

at least thats what I heard a couple months ago.

100 bucks is still robbery though.

24. No subject Aug 22, 2005, 23:41 VoodooV

I guess overall I'm just bummed that 'online chat with some famous guy' is synonymous to 'George Bush's town hall meetings on social security'

just once I'd love to see an audience member or a chat participant be allowed to stump or totally outwit, or just generally make the famous person in question look like a total fool.

just bummed that there is no real uncensored open forum anymore where people can hold people to account for sidestepping issues like that.

I'm feeling very Jon Stewart-ish tonight.

11. No subject Aug 22, 2005, 14:36 VoodooV

its interesting how the Xbox has seemingly went from "screw profit, we gotta achieve living room domination" to "show me the peripheral money"

I guess no one's told them that Sony is still strong competition.

I just think enough people have changed from 'oh yeah, getting an xbox360 at launch" to "meh, I'll wait for a price drop" to really hurt launch sales

Sony is in excellent position to pull the rug out from under MS now.

I also wanted to see someone ask Allard about how supposedly he was at one point adamant about their being one SKU at launch and what changed his mind, or more to the point, who changed his mind for him?

6. No subject Aug 22, 2005, 14:11 VoodooV

Q: Why is the hard drive so highly priced? A 20GB hard drive now a days goes for about 20-30... why $100? I believe this will deter alot of sales..

J Allard: one of the reasons that we designed a user removable hard drive is in direct response to the hard core gaming audience to make it easier to take game saves, game maps, soundtracks, etc. easily to their friends house or lan party. they also wanted the ability to upgrade to larger capacity drives. and if the drive is not present because someone in the house took it on the road, you still want to be able to use the console for movies, music or games.

I love how he just completely, totally, ignores the question.

Why can't we hold people to stuff like that? Its not like even deftly sidestepped it or anything...just flat out ignored it as if the guy asked him a completely different question.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. No subject Aug 21, 2005, 12:56 VoodooV

Well, that extra $100 (from $299 to $399) seems well spent. I think MS knows they have to take a bath (lose money) on the core hardware, but they realize people will buy (some of) those extras to get the best experience.

well it has been said that MS isn't looking for profit, they're looking for living room domination so that LATER they can jack the price and get the benjamins.

but it just seems like were screwing with us....for the longest time, we've been hearing the rumors of the 300 dollar price point, it wasnt till only a few weeks prior to the official pricing/package announcement that we got wind that the HD might not be standard. it just seems to me that the designed the core package to deliberately be the cripple package..so yeah you can game with it, but if you want the full benefits, gotta either buy a separate hard drive or just buy the premium package outright. and as much as I like to bitch about stupid peripherals like wireless controllers being nothing but a gimmick and the silly proprietary headset, that extra 100 dollars does net you some nice extras.

I may not need those HD cables now, but hopefully, in a year, I will.

though even though ill be getting the premium package, I'll at the very least be getting a play and charge kit and/or an extra battery pack, cuz there is no way i'm relying on disposable batteries.

but anyway, my point is, they do seem to be looking at a little less living room domination, a little more profit this time...cuz man, those peripherals are a much bigger rape job than Xbox1...100 bucks for the wireless network adapter? please!

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Goes Steam
90. No subject Aug 19, 2005, 21:10 VoodooV

I don't know what it is, but something about wikipedia doesn't sit well with me..so I go with the tried and true dictionary.com definition which is a denial of the existence of any god(s)

as for whether believing in gods or denying gods existence are two sides of the same coin...I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. In my opinion, both stances assume one definitively knows the 'true' answer...which is very presumptuous in my opinion.

me personally...I could accept the idea that we are constructed beings...I just don't buy into the idea that assuming we are constructed by someone or something's design, that they/it didn't want us going around worshipping them and starting wars and other atrocities in their name.

7. No subject Aug 19, 2005, 20:29 VoodooV

I'm liking the game so far myself...just got the surge power....fun

how do you know they're killing the trilogy and future patches..or is that just speculation....you may very well be right granted..but just want to know if you have a source.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 20:37.

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Goes Steam
88. Re: No subject Aug 19, 2005, 13:13 VoodooV

"being an atheist is the only real sane answer. "

saying that you know there isn't a god is just as arrogant as saying you know there is one and that he follows your belief structure.

admitting that you don't know, aka agnostic, is where true sanity lies

News Comments > Stargate - Perception Strikes Back
96. No subject Aug 19, 2005, 12:14 VoodooV

bah, troll used to actually mean something.

now it just gets used to describe anyone who doesn't agree with an established opinion.

27. Re: Perhaps this could work... Aug 19, 2005, 10:35 VoodooV

I agree, the HDTV cables and the headset I can do without, make the HD standard, otherwise developers will NOT take advantage of it.

and with the whole 360 for $360 MS can claim that they are witty too.

can't believe the wireless network adapter is 100 bones...what a ripoff. guess its wired connections for me

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. No subject Aug 6, 2005, 15:36 VoodooV

64MB video card for a entry level system for Vista????

integrated graphic chipsets need not apply???

jesus christ...we better be able to crank it back to classic gui instead of this ridiculous playskool uber-gui.

enough is a enough MS...is your an OS an OS or a computer game?

http://www.Free360XBOX.com/?r=18566015
help me get a free XBox360, just sign up for a free trial...then cancel it...it really is that easy.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fantastic Four
15. Re: Is this.. Jun 29, 2005, 18:24 VoodooV

if you've read any comic books as all...you're going to inevitably like the comics you've read, and be negative or at least indifferent to the comics you haven't read.

never got into hulk, or daredevil, so their movies didn't have any chance for me. especially when banner's dad turned into god or whatever the fuck he was.

gotta agree with everyone else here though...alba is pole smokingly hot...but FF is going to tank...Dark Angel proved that hot chicks alone can't carry a TV show. Alias is slowly discovering the same thing...they can't keep showing Garner in "Skimpy Fetish Outfit of the Week" (tm) and expect us not to get bored eventually. though admittedly last season did end with a fun cliffhanger.

help me get a free XBox360, just sign up for a free trial...then cancel it...it really is that easy.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. No subject Jun 16, 2005, 12:46 VoodooV

No Spoilers: but Batman Begins definately lives up to the hype. very scary...even for a cynic such as myself. Its about time they put the Dark back into the Dark Knight!

and as a side benefit...get people off the Lucas bandwagon finally.

And why the hell didn't Sci Fi pick up Firefly. I'd rather see NEW episodes on SCI FI...not syndicated...I've got the DVD set...every friday I'm just going to be reminded about how some moron exec at FOX cancelled this underrated gem.

News Comments > Stargate SG-1 Voice Cast
5. Re: No subject Jun 3, 2005, 13:00 VoodooV

what is unique about it though?

News Comments > Stargate SG-1 Voice Cast
3. No subject Jun 3, 2005, 11:39 VoodooV

This isn't really news...anyone who saw the E3 trailer found out the voice talent was in.

god I hope this game doesn't suck. screw FPS...JoWood should have combined the Stargate license with the Silent Storm engine. that would rule!

News Comments > Halo Patch
24. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 23:59 VoodooV

I don't know first hand..but my understanding is that the game itself wasn't made for K/M so yeah..even if you have the adapter....the cursor only moves as fast as it would if you had the regular controller....in other words....slow...no wrist flicks or twitch movements.

we're being limited by the software..not the hardware.

News Comments > Halo Patch
19. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 20:46 VoodooV

if anything is a constant, its that people will find a way to get around things like that though.

granted I'm sure its a small percentage...but how many gamers have their consoles hooked up to their monitor instead of having it in a TV room

I do predict the death of PC gaming...not because the consoles are better..but because the consoles are getting more and more PC-like and are drawing developers away from PC gaming and onto console gaming. It may not happen completely with this new generation of consoles coming out..but as long as consoles start acquiring more and more PC-like attributes I think it will happen.....so in a way..PC gaming won't die...it will merely shift platforms. I think the attraction of developing for one hardware configuration instead of the hojillion in the PC world is too good to pass up.

and until someone finally really does innovate and comes up with a better way to control shooter games that is better than K/M, your PC Refugees, if you will, are going to want a way to keep playing their shooters without using a controller.

especially if video cards continue to get more and more expensive...PC gaming is definately dying.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo