Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 15, 2010, 17:59 VoodooV

Ahh but when will we have the technology to make a tablet no thicker than a sheet of transparent aluminum?

glass? that's so 2000's

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
23. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 1, 2010, 14:18 VoodooV

200K is middle class????

HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

America truly is spoiled and egotistical

News Comments > EA: Game Budgets "Have Actually Peaked"
1. Re: EA: Game Budgets "Have Actually Peaked" Aug 24, 2010, 21:03 VoodooV

Translation: We hear that these indie games are really popular right now and they're made for really cheap and sell very well, so we're jumping on the "me too" bandwagon.

Granted, I've always been a believer in the idea that a good game doesn't have to be big budget. But I suspect the big companies will fuck it up somehow.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: Supreme Court told P2P users can be Aug 22, 2010, 10:41 VoodooV

yeah that seems a little ridiculous.

It seems like the extreme opposite of the "all P2P are damned dirty thieves" argument. Both seem highly inaccurate.

When are we as a society going to stop being so damned black or white?

P2P'ers are not innocent...nor are they thieves.

People want free access to media. There are already businesses out there that have figured out how to do that and still make money. It just needs to be expanded upon.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 19, 2010, 16:44 VoodooV

Jim is right, 3D is the future. Too bad what he has isn't 3D...it's a 2D optical illusion

When 3D actually is 3D, then we'll talk Jimbo

News Comments > XCOM Interview
1. Re: XCOM Interview Aug 6, 2010, 14:41 VoodooV

uhm..no..it's supposed to be the other way around.

Companies are supposed to understand OUR approach, not us conforming to yours.

If they don't...guess what...we don't buy your product!

News Comments > PC Hardware Outsells Consoles
7. Re: PC Hardware Outsells Consoles Aug 6, 2010, 14:34 VoodooV

I don't see any proof that this "Gaming hardware" is being used for gaming.

The first poster nailed it...software sales are what matters.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Size Matters (for BluRay Aug 2, 2010, 21:38 VoodooV

a-fucking-men. The Wii has proven that consumers as a whole don't buy into the better graphics = better game idiocy. Sure the self-proclaimed hardcore would disagree, but there are far more casual gamers than there are hard core and Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo would be idiots to ignore the casual gamers who could care less about 1080p and which console has the best graphics processing.

If you're not having fun playing the games, then that results in lost sales in the future.

Though I have to agree they need to stop fooling around with stupid shit like Kinect and other nonsense gimmicks.

Certainly, all three companies are undoubtedly working on the next generation stuff. But the lack of Blu-ray shouldn't be the indicator that it's time to come out with the Xbox720

Especially with the economy the way it is right now, trying to get people to upgrade to the next gen console would be tough. What exactly would the next gen have to offer anyway that would fundamentally change gaming and truly make it next gen? more Kinect? yeah right. Blu-Ray? nope. Better Graphics? So what?!

What needs truly needs to happen to take consoles to the next level is to open up the platform. Give us keyboard/mouse Open up things so that they can be modded. Give us convergence so that the idiot PC vs Console "debate" can end. But good luck convincing those companies to give up their stranglehold.

News Comments > PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming?
32. Re: PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming? Jul 22, 2010, 17:52 VoodooV

why can't they just set up a matchmaking service where if you're on PC, you get paired up with other pc users, and consoles users get matched with console users or console users with k/m attached.

or does that just lead PC users to figure out how to hack it so that they get matched up with console people so they can mop the floor with them?

I just really got a problem with this "us vs them" mentality when it comes to PC and consoles. They each have the capability of doing the same damned thing and im sick of the juvenile fanboi mentalities that run rampant in these "discussions"

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 21, 2010, 14:19 VoodooV

Does that mean the opinion of the guy who tips five bucks is five times more valuable than the opinion of the guy who donates one buck?  

News Comments > StarCraft II Pre-Downloads
25. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 14:19 VoodooV

I'm not a RTS fan, but I'll definitely get this just for the single player. I'll be waiting for it to be sub $30 though.

No $60 dollar purchases for me.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 11, 2010, 13:25 VoodooV

Wow...bitter much?

Is it that hard to just like both? You're either high brow or low brow, period?

Elitist humor snob

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 11, 2010, 12:04 VoodooV

I think I used Firewire exactly once back when I had an old Creative Jukebox MP3 player back in the pre-Ipod days.

I think I did know a couple people who actually preferred firewire just because the name sounded cool I told them USB was faster, but they didn't care, they had Firewire baby!

I know it's just anecdotal evidence, but still.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Character Changes
17. Re: Dragon Age 2 Character Changes Jul 8, 2010, 17:24 VoodooV

I saw no consolitis in Dragon Age 1 on the 360

Some people just have to make up shit to bitch about, methinks.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Revealed
21. Re: Dragon Age II Revealed Jul 8, 2010, 14:05 VoodooV

It took me a while to get used to the game controls, but that wasn't exactly a bad thing. Unlike some people. I like it when a game challenges me and makes me learn stuff..shock.

Here's hoping they don't redesign the whole RPG from the ground up like they did with Mass Effect 2.

Protip: you don't HAVE to reinvent the wheel every time you make a sequel..especially if the original game was a hit. Fix bugs, improve graphics, refine a few things..that's ALL! Don't mess too much with a hit game..especially if it's supposed to be a trilogy.

News Comments > On The Old Republic's End Game
20. Re: On The Old Republic's End Game Jul 5, 2010, 21:34 VoodooV

Prez wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 19:46:
Sleeping Wake me when KOTOR 3 is announced.

I think they have said numerous times that TOR = KOTOR3. I'm not exactly happy about it either. But it is what it is.

My only annoyance is how MMOs cater so much to the people who treat the game like it's a race..who just blow past tons and tons of content to get to the level cap as soon as possible. On one hand, I can understand. They pay their subscription fees too just like everyone else. I'm definitely giving this game a shot. I'd really love to immerse myself in a deep RPG and actually find a guild that that makes the game fun even if I can't play as often. TOR has a chance of being that so we'll see.

News Comments > BioWare on PC Gaming
78. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 20:10 VoodooV

Good gravy. I prefer PC gaming too but the anger on this forum is just ridiculous. IMO, the main reason consoles have become more popular is because they HAVE become more PC-like. It's only a matter of time before keyboard/mouse get supported..it's only a matter time before user mods get allowed. They have to. The console has no where else to go except even MORE PC-like They can't just keep upgrading the graphics and expect us to put up with it. It's only a matter of time before convergence occurs and there will be zero difference between console and PC and what are you going to do with your bitter console hate then?

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Demo on Steam
17. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo on Steam Jun 22, 2010, 12:49 VoodooV

Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 11:32:
ME1 is a better game, imo, but that's simply because I enjoy RPGs more over shooters, which is what ME2 is. The story in ME1 is also a lot better than in ME2.

In ME1, I felt like I was actually living in an entire galaxy. in ME2, I'm just skipping from room to room.

That said, PLAYING ME2 is more fun, because the shooter part of it is really well done (and it's kind of stale in ME1.)

I wish they hadn't just exterminated so many of ME1's features, but the end result is an excellent game that I've really enjoyed.

Creston

That about sums it up for me too. Everyone knew the combat in ME1 was probably it's weakest aspect. But we knew going in that ME1 was an RPG first, shooter second. ME2 flips that around and makes it a shooter first and RPG is a distant second. I'm not really a fan of that decision, but it doesn't preclude me from liking the game overall.

My only major concern with ME2 was the story. I felt the whole collectors subplot was dumb and detracted away from the mystery that is the Reapers and how to defeat them. I'm worried that because we were distracted with the Collectors in ME2, that ME3 is going to feel rushed re-focusing on the reaper threat and they'll just have some lame deus ex machina that will defeat the reapers with the press of a button.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 20, 2010, 18:08 VoodooV

3D will always be just another fucking gimmick until its no longer a trick and the image is truly rendered in 3D

Good luck with that EA

News Comments > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Trailer
25. Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 22:44 VoodooV

zirik wrote on Jun 13, 2010, 14:41:
why oh why were the jedis and sith lords in the movies not using the types of power shown in the video? seems backwards to me. and didnt vader die on the first game? im guessing this is a different story line from the movie series?

Dude, it's called feature creep. In the movies, the Force was nothing but pre-cognition, telekinesis, and lightning. Can't make an eXtremeLOL!! game with just those powers.

Superman couldn't fly in his original appearance either.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo