Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. No subject Feb 12, 2006, 22:26 VoodooV

we use McAfee at work...their anti-spyware is a joke..never catches a thing. And their anti-virus breaks a lot of our apps so its a pain to have to install it last..or disable/re-enable...etc

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Halo 2 for Windows Vista Planned
102. No subject Feb 9, 2006, 22:50 VoodooV

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Halo1 was good, not great. I want to play Halo2, but can't stand console FPSes, nor will this influence me to get Vista any sooner.

grow up MS

though to be fair, this *is* how they killed W95 as a gaming platform. what was it..DX8 was the last version you could install on W95, DX9 would only install on 98SE or higher right? How many of us refused to touch W2K as a gaming platform until they did that?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. No subject Feb 8, 2006, 23:31 VoodooV

ok I'm a little confused. first we were mad at MS's choice of the 2 SKU approach since it would pretty much guaruntee that no one took advantage of the HD and we all were hateful towards the core package.

now there IS a game that requires the HD and now we're angry at MS yet again cuz we're pissed it screws over the people who bought the core?

I thought we *wanted* to screw over the people who bought the core and we *wanted* the HD to be a requirement so that those who bought the core felt stupid and those of us who bought the premium could give MS the bird for not having just 1 SKU in the first place

??

what am I missing here or is this generic *grr..M$ is the devil* grumbling.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Command & Conquer: The First Decade
18. No subject Feb 7, 2006, 17:44 VoodooV

Didn't the original C&C cheat with the AI..maybe I'm thinking of another game, but I remember surrounding the enemy AI base once, and they simply never ran out of resources despite me demolishing their harvesters as soon as they left the manufacturing center.

btw, I'm buying this on principle alone...was never a huge fan of RTS games, but more companies need to take the time to update abandonware to run on modern computers....there is a market for it!

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 17:47.

News Comments > James Cameron MMORPG
25. No subject Feb 4, 2006, 20:03 VoodooV

while i'm enthusiastic for the movie. I'm skeptical of any mmog based on a movie.

cuz yeah, James Cameron is obviously the missing element that suddenly makes movie mmog's good *rolls eyes*

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. 360 power brick Jan 29, 2006, 19:28 VoodooV

Damn, that power brick is massive....funny how something like that doesn't make the feature list

brick chucks yo!!!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: No subject Jan 28, 2006, 23:57 VoodooV

Do you think everyone who donates blood does it out of good will?

its a helluva lot more likely that someone gives blood out of good will than it is that someone gives money out of good will

people tend to want things for money....once blood is out of you, its not really doing you good anymore, so might as well give it to someone who can use it.

But that's right, him putting his own time and money into charitable products -- that's not worthy.

where in the article does it say that he gave his time? he wrote a check dumbass.

As for the rest of your shit -- I'm unsurprised you stooped to those standards. It's par for the course for you. But you can't actually back up your statements with rational arguments, so why not start comparing others to whores?

look who's talking, I've had to correct you and yours 3 times now cuz of your idiotic attempts to put words in my mouth so really are you arguing against what I said..or what you imagined I said? make up your mind.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: 3dfx - bah! Jan 28, 2006, 20:18 VoodooV

hope this isn't too much of a tangent, but AMD stock is kicking ass right now. bought it at 25. its almost 40 now

16. Re: No subject Jan 28, 2006, 19:07 VoodooV

lol...50 gallons. THAT's what you're going to nitpick me on?

weak.

but fine, i'll come down to your level. Cuz yeah..donating blood at 70 actually would be impressive feat, knowing that something you did directly impacted the lives of many people. unlike the cold exchange of money where the question of motive will always be there...is it a tax break...is it just to improve public image (which obviously you're buying into) is he getting some unspecified perk in exchange. don't really have that ambiguity with giving blood or donating time

So, you've decided that your opinion of the bloke will remain unchanged regardless of any positive actions he may perform?

what is this? remedial reading comprehension class? I never said that..again quit trying to put words in my mouth.

hey..if money is what sways your opinion of people. hey, to each their own..but thats only a step or two up from being a whore. just thought you should know. sucks to be you though..you're sucking his cock, but you didn't get any of that money.

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 19:24.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: 3DFX Jan 28, 2006, 11:24 VoodooV

I loved 3dfx too...but damn..that was just creepy.

12. Re: No subject Jan 28, 2006, 00:23 VoodooV

where does it say that I think less of Gates for donating to charity. His stock neither went up or down in my eyes.

is that so hard to understand? just cuz I'm not "yea", doesn't automatically mean I'm "nay"

10. Re: No subject Jan 27, 2006, 21:21 VoodooV

Basically you're saying giving money to charities isn't worthy of being considered a good thing because charities piss away their money

again, instead of attempting to put words in my mouth and dealing with I "basically" said, quit being an ass and deal with what I "did" say.

I never said charities aren't worthy of being considered a good thing..again, you're putting some gross lies into my mouth.

you again abuse the hyperbole by implying that I think all charities piss away money..(your words..not mine) I never said all do...but it is the pinnacle of niavete to think it never happens.

you can't comprehend...your problem. for the third time, I will repeat what I said. Just because you're rich and can afford to throw money at a charity does not command *my* respect. *my* respect is earned by doing things that go beyond money. I don't give a flying fuck if my idea of what respect is doesn't mesh with Gate's pocketbook..I wasn't asking your approval...and I don't think Gates cares one way or the other either. just don't appreciate people putting words in my mouth

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 21:30.

6. Re: No subject Jan 27, 2006, 16:59 VoodooV

uhm...no?

when the fuck did I say there shouldn't be charities? I just said that giving money to them doesn't equate to my respect for them

overreact much?

4. No subject Jan 27, 2006, 16:47 VoodooV

just cuz you can throw a lot of money at some charity doesn't equate to respect in my book.

money gets misappropriated, wasted, etc and ultimately rarely solves the problem.

call me when gates donates a total of 50 gallons of blood or tallys up a 1000 total hours working for habitat for humanity or something like that.

News Comments > Star Trek Legacy Announced
9. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2006, 17:12 VoodooV

The only thing I ask is this....make the starships COLLIDE-ABLE!!!

When I yell 'Today IS a good day to die!! Prepare for ramming speed!!', I want to mean it.

To me that was one of the things that I disliked about the other Trek ship games, the ability to ram. I know this isn't a tactic that should be used often if at all, but its nice to know if things go bad for my team that I have one uber weapon left to throw at the baddies. Mainly, my ship

back in my nerdier days, I had the ds9 tech manual, and I remember reading that the nose of the defiant is where they stored the torpedoes and that it was detachable, so that it could be used as a last ditch "mega-torpedo" it would be kinda neat to see that implemented.

News Comments > Stargate SG-1 Cancelled?
71. Re: Are you kidding me? Jan 23, 2006, 12:59 VoodooV

That could work, though they would need to change the names, or else everyone would associate the show with the Campy one.

cuz yeah, if you're going to make a gritty series about a cyborg that's moody cuz he doesn't feel human anymore. you don't want it associated with cheesy 60's camp in *any* way.

though on the other hand, Jake 2.0 didn't work out too well, but granted, that show was heavily mired in cheese
This comment was edited on Jan 23, 12:59.

67. Re: Are you kidding me? Jan 22, 2006, 20:11 VoodooV

While in principle, I disagree, Farscape was one of the more original shows out there. I can't disagree with some of the points you bring up. Cuz yeah, you're right, the whole 'honor-obsessed' alien race thing has been done to death. Ben Browder was simply great though cuz your traditional SF hero is usually some stuck up career military guy. I mean c'mon, Kirk may have been a loose cannon, but even he was still career military to the core. Crichton was military yeah, but he was a scientist. and I frickin loved any episode where he totally flipped out. The episode where he pretends to be stoner surfer guy to make the bad guys think they had succeeded in brainwashing him (cuz they had no idea how a brainwashed human would act) was just pure gold.

my only problem with Farscape that there were so many episodes that I admittedly just didn't "get it" the first viewing...I seriously had to watch some episodes more than once just to understand WTF was going on. Not really a bad thing in my eyes, but it sure did suck up the time.

61. No subject Jan 22, 2006, 11:02 VoodooV

If any man is still pissed that Starbuck is a woman, you're gay, end of story. just accept it. Come out of the closet or I'll have R. Kelly come sing to you.

Katee Sackhoff is doing an amazing job

48. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2006, 01:04 VoodooV

the publisher cut them off for quality issues

What bizzaro world do you come from? Publishers caring about the quality of the product? weird.

You're an absolute moron to want crappy SG1 vs no SG1, better that SG1 be remembered for the good series that it WAS, not for the crapfest that its rapidly heading towards. The fact that you're apparently worried more about having *something* to watch over something *good* to watch is just sad really. you want crappy television? watch your average non-cable network show. That should more than satisfy you.

let SG1 die with dignity, if it has any left.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 01:05.

39. No subject Jan 21, 2006, 21:30 VoodooV

Hate to say it, but SG1 does need to get cancelled. It was a great show, but its run its course and needs to die. Its getting more and more ridiculous how much technology earth gets. In nine years they go to ignorant of the stargate and the galaxy, to major galactic power, shittons of Ancient tech, a small fleet of man-made intergalactic ships, and yet the its still magically a secret still....bullshit.

The Orii are a lame foe, we've already done the "bad guys pretending to be gods" bit enough already, try to play a new tune.

You want to impress me? make season ten about how the Stargate finally goes public and the chaos that erupts.

And sorry, I wouldn't kick Amanda Tapping out of bed, but still, she ain't that hot anymore.

Time to move on.

And though I am extremely skeptical as to the quality of the game, I still probably would have purchased it.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo