Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. No subject Dec 13, 2006, 15:05 VoodooV

god you guys really gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
21. Re: Wii-tastic Dec 12, 2006, 10:24 VoodooV

you gotta wonder how many people are just doing this shit to get attention.

got a broken TV? buy a Wii and blame it on the Wii. Hit your girlfriend...blame it on the Wii.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but if we can think it up, chances are someone's already done it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. No subject Dec 4, 2006, 11:23 VoodooV

my 360 takes maybe...5-10 seconds longer to startup since the update. nothing major, but an annoyance.

News Comments > LEGO Star Wars II Patches
9. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2006, 12:30 VoodooV

true, its not like the graphics are super advanced or anything

but put Star Wars on anything and people will lap it up. In all fairness, it is a fun little game though, maybe not worth full price, but fun nonetheless

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. No subject Oct 12, 2006, 01:48 VoodooV

I want to meet the person that's willing to overpay by a ridiculous amount just to be among the first to have the first PS3's which will undoubtably have bugs in it.

who does that? we make fun of those people right?...right?

8. No subject Oct 11, 2006, 16:50 VoodooV

How can sony be disappointed in the lineup, they declared that people would buy the PS3 even if there were no games.

3. No subject Oct 10, 2006, 11:24 VoodooV

start practicing your fake surprise/outrage expressions now for when the articles about EB employees getting beaten up and their PS3's taken start rolling in.

When they are that obnoxious about rubbing it in the faces of their customers, is anyone going to feel sorry for them?

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 11:27.

News Comments > Empire at War - Forces of Corruption Demo
4. No subject Oct 6, 2006, 03:43 VoodooV

not too shabby. the demo didn't explain a lot of stuff..but the new corruption ability instead of conquering is kinda neat. buzz droids seem kinda useless as they don't cover a large area and enemy fighters AI is actually smart enough to not go where the buzz droids are.

biggest thing I noticed was that in the core game, ground turrets were so ridiculously cheap that losing one was no big deal....turrets cost a lot more now...so you may not want to waste the cash. mobile turrets are kinda neat

News Comments > Steam Fix
27. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2006, 17:48 VoodooV

now its my turn to say you're wrong Riley. I just built a brand new rig last month so I decided that now that I had a PC beefy enough to play HL2, it was time to take it for a spin.

I only have a single network card running on my computer, I do have firewire installed, but its disabled and not active. I disabled my network card and activated steam and put it into offline mode without incident.

Now yes, I dislike how Steam behaves in principle. I think its dumb as hell that you have to disable your network card to get offline mode to work....I don't like how offline mode is not advertised at all as an option and you HAVE to go to the knowledge base to find out how to go into offline mode. It should be as simple as just right clicking on the tray icon and selecting offline mode.

But as much as I disagree with Steam in principle, I cannot deny that it has been more or less a painless experience so far (im a single player only guy). Of course you can also make the argument that I'm only seeing the current version of Steam and that past versions (and hey, maybe future versions) were/will be crappy

News Comments > Steam Fix
21. No subject Oct 3, 2006, 00:39 VoodooV

god...not again....hasn't this same ole repetitive arguement gotten stale yet?

I despise Steam too...but c'mon. Its not like Newell is monitoring this forum and going "hrm...maybe we should rethink this steam thing cuz a handful of people can't seem to get along on every steam topic generated"

have your little pillow fight on the STEAM forums

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 3 News?
41. No subject Oct 2, 2006, 14:02 VoodooV

what's funny is that I was one of those naysayers who said Freelancer would suck without joystick support. I ended up realizing that the mouse interface really wasn't that bad...its just too bad it was the story that was so lackluster.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 3 News?
29. No subject Oct 2, 2006, 03:38 VoodooV

people don't buy space/flight sims because people dont make them anymore. Sure you could certainly make the argument that they didn't enough money...but here we are...whining that Lucasarts isn't doing the obvious and revising possibly the greatest game they've ever made...TIE Fighter....why isn't someone filling that obvious gap?

what is so hard about making a game that is deep and complex and moddable for the advanced gamers who want that sort of thing...but yet simplified enough and accessible for the 'instant gratification' crowd.

It just doesn't seem to me like its rocket science....make a space shooter thats easy to get into on the surface and dumbed down for consoles...but moddable so that if you want to make a hard boiled space sim out of it on the PC end, you could.

I mean god, look at the awesomeness that is Freespace 2, its STILL going strong...but yet, the business says there isn't enough interest in the genre? someone needs to fire their marketing analysts.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Podcast Sep 25, 2006, 22:06 VoodooV

What a silly, useless buzzword "podcast" was in the first place. There's no "broadcasting" involved in the strict sense of the word, and they are not exclusive to iPods. They're just plain old MP3 files. I hope "podcasts" die the horrible death they deserve.

I wholeheartedly agree, when I first heard the term, I thought apple had come up with some sort of new, better, streaming technology. but no..like you said, they're just stupid mp3 files. you can thank the effete culture that surrounds apple/ipod/mac/worshipping Steve Jobs for this idiocy.

News Comments > BioShock Movie
32. No subject Sep 22, 2006, 23:42 VoodooV

what surprised me is that they didn't spend a lot of time talking about the RPG elements of the game...just, "oh btw, heres the plasmid-mat thingy where you can do stuff to modify your genetic structure, anyway, now look at those pretty water effects...go us!

News Comments > City of Heroes/Villains Veteran Rewards
32. No subject Sep 20, 2006, 18:25 VoodooV

I used to play a Kinetics Defender. does CoH still have that little thing about people sending you tells asking you to join their team, but then they find out that you're not a healer and suddenly you're off the team or they're pissed at you

News Comments > City of Heroes/Villains Veteran Rewards
20. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2006, 14:38 VoodooV

my only issue with veteran rewards is that they tend to be useless junk....the equivalent of getting a timepiece for long service to a company.

That being said...I liked CoH, as with every MMO i've ever played, I got sick of the grind, but CoH kept me interested longer than most....havent played in over a year though.

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
12. No subject Sep 17, 2006, 02:45 VoodooV

bar of entree

quit being so fucking pretentious and just say "barrier to entry" for christs sake.

otherwise I tend to agree with him about how SS2 and DX weren't shooters and quite frankly I wish more developers would say fuck graphics, lets bring something else to the table for a change

News Comments > Star Trek Online Status Report
22. Re: ... Sep 10, 2006, 20:42 VoodooV

if by similar, you mean that the only difference between MI3 and Alias is that Sidney's a girl and Cruise is a 'guy' then yes...I mean similar.

but hey, if you think its cool that JJ couldn't make Alias and MI3 even the least bit distinct from each other...hey..whatever floats your boat.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Status Report
18. Re: ... Sep 10, 2006, 11:29 VoodooV

Admit it though:

*IF* they could avoid the whole teen hearthrob bullshit and *IF* they could avoid all the standard 90210-esque cliches that plague teen shows and *IF* they could actually make the show semi-serious. Given those three freakishly large IFs...a Starfleet Academy show could kick ass.

Oh yeah, btw..JJ is highly overrated...MI3 sucked balls and was a ripoff of Alias's style...right down to the Flinkman-esque character....pathetic.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 11:32.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
7. No subject Sep 9, 2006, 15:39 VoodooV

Star Trek and PhAt L00+

I just can't see them working well together. But most of all, Im just really curious about how they are going to structure the MMO...how do ships get built..do they get customized at all....how much of a setback is it if they get destroyed. cuz man..its going to be highly annoying if starships are disposable

How is chain of command going to work..if at all. All MMOs talk about how teamwork is crucial..but they always seem to end succumbing to lone wolf syndrome once all the exploits are figured out.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo