Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare's MMO License
25. No subject Jul 19, 2007, 17:18 VoodooV

what KOTOR needs is simply to amp up the difficulty. Greatest game ever, but way too flippin easy.

I know this would turn off the lowest common denominator but I want to see some developer simulate real fencing to some degree when it comes to sword fighting games like KOTOR.

I'm tired of just mashing down the master feat buttons and blowing everyone away with my glow stick. I want some added challenge.

I know nothing about real fencing so ill admit I don't know how it should be done, but I wish they could implement a way where if you're a beginning character, you possibly know some basic attacks and blocks and whatever, but as you level up, or learn from masters, you learn better techniques. and I'm not talking about what was done in KOTOR2, where it simply gives you a modifier to your rolls or whatever. I want it to mix in a LITTLE action where you have to actually execute the maneuvers and depending on what blocks/attacks you use and how good you are at them, and how good your opponent is in the same thing will determine your success or how much damage you take/receive.

I dunno. Just wish there was a bit more depth to games involving RPG melee combat. that and KOTOR was just way too easy.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 17:19.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mac Gears of War
2. Re: mac version will be better in every Jul 18, 2007, 22:32 VoodooV

I'm sorry, I can't play the mac version of Gears of War, I'm too busy being an elitist asshole and making lame analogies equating PCs to John Hodgeman.

I keed, I keed

News Comments > UFO: Trilogy Announced
9. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2007, 17:23 VoodooV

I actually might get this. I played Aftermath. While it wasn't horrible, it was quite disappointing. What kind of honked me off was that they advertised the game as a spiritual successor to X-com, it was advertised all over the box. But when people got ahold of the game and realized it wasn't that good. They backpedaled and tried to say that you can't compare Aftermath and X-com, that they're two separate games that have nothing to do with each other. erm. Wait a minute.

News Comments > Sony Cuts PS3 Price, Announces 80GB Model
30. Re: lol Jul 9, 2007, 21:12 VoodooV

is there ever a time that early adopters don't get burned in some way, shape, or form?

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 21:13.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Meh Jun 30, 2007, 10:19 VoodooV

Seeing all the craze over the iPhone makes me wonder, what ISN'T overpriced these days?

Easy solution to that: Don't buy it.

Despite the hardware failures and the high cost. You still get far more value out of the 360 than the PS3 right now. Both Sony and MS are guilty of pushing the price point farther than they ever have before. The PS3 is really suffering from it. It's good to see that people are finally starting to say, "Whoa there, I like my entertainment, but not for $600.

Once the "High Def" craze has calmed down, I doubt the next generation of consoles will be so highly priced. Especially with the Wii demonstrating that you don't have to have cutting edge graphics to make a fun console.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. No subject Jun 29, 2007, 23:59 VoodooV

wow, the shills are busy tonight!

News Comments > Halo 2 Delay - Blame the Boobies
48. Re: Sexual Morality May 25, 2007, 15:04 VoodooV

because anything else, Kukuman, would require critical thinking. Can't have that now can we?

News Comments > Vista Halo 2 Delayed Again
18. No subject May 24, 2007, 13:00 VoodooV

Halo 1 for PC was a horrible...horrible port. Ran like ass on PCs that were far superior to the Xbox hardware and there was inexcusable audio bugs for people who had Sound Blaster cards, which, back then, was a lot!

now if Starcraft 2 was Vista only? that would actually be a app people give a shit about and WOULD upgrade for despite Vista's pitfalls

This comment was edited on May 24, 13:01.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: No subject May 17, 2007, 00:13 VoodooV

I never understood the fascination with Halo....but then again, I never understood an FPS on a console...

Halo, yes, is vastly overrated. Gears of War, however, is not. I too generally believe that FPS on consoles are abominations. Gears of War is a very fun game and is good enough to make me forget about the fact that its a FPS on a console.

It's like Command and Conquer. Even if you're not an RTS fan, and I'm not, it's just one of those staple games that everyone should play. The same way everyone should play Freespace, Wing Commander, and Tie Fighter even if you're generally not into space sims.

This comment was edited on May 17, 00:15.

News Comments > Gold - Shadowrun
16. No subject May 9, 2007, 16:03 VoodooV

Yep, MS sure is "rescuing" PC gaming by making their latest games Vista only.

In fact, it will have the exact opposite effect, pushing more gamers over to consoles.

It's such a crock of shit. It's in MS's best interests for you to have both a PC with their OS on it, AND a 360. Give me one good reason why MS would want you to save money and game on the PC when they can get you to shell out another 400 for a 360 plus the cost of games.

News Comments > PC Gaming Rebounds?
69. No subject Apr 30, 2007, 12:22 VoodooV

My problem with MMOs is that they have too much of a wish fufillment fetish that are too centered around becoming "uber"

I play games to escape, sure. But my ego is not so damned fragile that I have to play games where I'm always the most powerful or on the way to being the most powerful, but I think games cater to that mentality, that the player ALWAYS has to be the hero.

News Comments > C&C3 Patch Updates
13. No subject Apr 30, 2007, 10:54 VoodooV

I haven't finished the SP campaign yet, but man, its seems that mammoth tanks are way too easy to make. Granted, they've saved my butt many times. But it makes predators and pitbulls seem pointless.

Thing is though, Did C&C3 ever promise any grand innovation of the genre? The whole game seems to me a nostalgia trip to recapture the fun of the original C&C and its working for me. I don't give a shit about the bad acting. I can't think of any game that had FMV that had "good" acting.

This is a "popcorn" game no more, no less. I don't think they set out to make the definitive RTS game to challenge Starcraft or whatever.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: Eight Reasons Why the Xbox 360 Elit Apr 20, 2007, 22:01 VoodooV

I'm just peeved at the 80 dollar price tag addition. That and the rip off that is the HD price.

Guess I'll be sticking with my premium until they actually can sell a quiet 360 with HDMI

News Comments > America's Cup Demo
4. Re: No subject Apr 20, 2007, 21:54 VoodooV

who says PC gaming is dying? Yachting games are teh r0xXoRz!

cantwaitcantwaitcantwait!

/asshole off

News Comments > Gold - UFO: Extraterrestrials
13. No subject Apr 19, 2007, 02:18 VoodooV

So I take it Joss is the reason Shadowrun is an FPS, not an RPG.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: vista finally goes beta! Apr 18, 2007, 22:32 VoodooV

I remember reading an article somewhere that they're trying to rush out SP1 as soon as possible to fool the skeptics into thinking "oooo, SP1 is out? Then it must be good now so I'll buy it"

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. No subject Apr 16, 2007, 08:50 VoodooV

Whatever, 2008 is way too soon. There should be adequate public outcry to go tell MS to fuck off.

You'd think they'd learn after the last time they tried to pull this. I'm pretty sure they tried to yank W2K support shortly after XP came out, or something else to that effect.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
31. No subject Apr 16, 2007, 03:12 VoodooV

even if they did slash the price to a reasonable amount. What about backwards compatability? I haven't kept up to date on it, but last I heard, that was ass too!

Is there any point to the PS3 other than the Blu-Ray and the small amount of less-than-spectacular exclusives?

News Comments > C&C3 Patch
12. No subject Apr 8, 2007, 01:02 VoodooV

its such a double edged sword. We're cynical because we look at some of the bugs (in general, not C&C3 specifically) and wonder how the fuck anyone could miss that bug and we wish they'd have tigher QA.

But on the other hand, we know mistakes are human its good that some companies will man up and fix them AND as quickly as they have in the case of C&C3. Its a hell of a lot better than...say...KOTOR2?

News Comments > Into the Black
3. No subject Mar 23, 2007, 23:57 VoodooV

am I the only one not getting audio when I play the trailer?

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo