Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Spike VGA Winners
15. No subject Dec 9, 2007, 16:40 VoodooV

Don't worry scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Life in the FASA Lane
22. Re: Battletech game Dec 7, 2007, 18:17 VoodooV

they just need to make a 3d version of all those old Battletech text based MUSE games. They had such a perfect mix of all the classic turn based RPG rules, but it was all done in real time.

I love MechWarrior, but I just don't want another shooter game. I want it to be stat based, not twitch based. I want to win because I have superior strategy, not because I can circle strafe better than the other guy.

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 Confirmed
12. Re: No subject Nov 26, 2007, 15:06 VoodooV

I'm not exactly taking a leap of faith on this, but I'm calling it right now: It's going to suck balls.

Sorry guys, but my cynical side is winning out right now.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Gears of War
16. No subject Nov 7, 2007, 01:27 VoodooV

GoW is a good solid game. It got me to stop automatically hate all shooter console games. (though most are still an abomination). But I just can't see this game selling well on PC. too little too late. If they had actually given a damn when the game first was released, then maybe the story would be different.

Games for Windows - Killing PC gaming, one title at a time.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 01:27.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. No subject Oct 14, 2007, 11:27 VoodooV

spoiled brats. If the game was good enough, swapping DVDs is a small price to pay.

to hell with instant gratification

News Comments > EA to Acquire BioWare/Pandemic
55. No subject Oct 12, 2007, 01:00 VoodooV

Every time EA buys a company, an angel gets run over by a truck!

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Gnomeregan Up For Revamp. Oct 10, 2007, 23:44 VoodooV

I wonder how many people would actually rethink their college decisions based on whether or not steam works at that school.

Scary

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Preloads
21. No subject Oct 4, 2007, 02:45 VoodooV

...or show some maturity and be patient and wait for all the hype about this episodic bullshit to end and wait for both of these episodes to be ridiculously cheap and get them then.

silly early adopters, won't they ever learn?

News Comments > UO Tenth Anniversary Amnesty
6. No subject Sep 25, 2007, 23:30 VoodooV

what? The fad of MMOs hasn't died yet?

time to move on peeps, it's a rigged game, only it's the business that always wins.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII
12. No subject Sep 18, 2007, 18:31 VoodooV

the first one on the 360 wasn't bad. like someone else, it was a good popcorn game. Just a decent shootemup.

but this new one looks ridiculous. lets take an already unrealistic WW2 sim/shooter...and make it even MORE unrealistic. not to mention rip off crimson skies with some of those planes.

News Comments > FASA Closes
50. No subject Sep 14, 2007, 00:11 VoodooV

Really, I think DX10 and Games For Windows is just a scam to kill off PC gaming. They'd rather just collect royalties on Xbox games.

Bingo! Why develop games for two platforms that already sorta similar when you only have to develop for one.

Thing is, I really don't mind. Consoles are getting more and more PC-like anyway. all we really need is the ability to make mods and more support for mouse/keyboard and continuing support for backward compatibility and we'll be golden. maybe some more independent developer support too.

but the PC gaming industry has been digging its own grave for a while now. overly expensive video cards and physics cards. games that focus more and more on graphics when we really don't fucking need cutting edge graphics. we need GOOD GAMES, fuck graphics, right in its ear.

39. No subject Sep 13, 2007, 12:38 VoodooV

This is just another example of how the games that a lot of use grew up on or were introduced to gaming with are simply not being made anymore and maybe never will be.

FASA games were always about making choices, and having advantages and drawbacks to everything. Wanted to load up a mech with nothing but PPC's? Sure go ahead, but you have to worry about overheating. Want to load a mech up with nothing but AC20's? sure go ahead, but you're going to have ammunition issues. Want to go fast? fine, but your armor may be thin or you may not be able to carry lots of weapons.

You have to think, you had to calculate, you had to have a strategy, you had to have a tactic that maximized your strengths and minimized your weaknesses. Oh and if economics played a part? forget that, because then you may not be able to afford that 100 tone munchkin clan-tech Diashi can't have that now can we?

In today's world? fuck that, thinking makes my brain hurt. I just want to mash some buttons and be rewarded with pretty graphics.

36. No subject Sep 13, 2007, 12:10 VoodooV

It's far easier to ignore a message board full of angry users than a bunch of employees you work with every day.

That's the problem now that games have become more mainstream, since you have a much bigger audience, the percentage of people you have please gets way lower, just as long as its enough to make a profit. who cares about that vocal niche of players like us who can't stand the continual dumbing down of the franchises we loved.

34. No subject Sep 13, 2007, 11:20 VoodooV

Thing is though, I have no doubt MS will eventually make another Mech or Shadowrun game, they'd be stupid not to. But as MechAssault and the ShadowRun FPS has shown. you can say goodbye to games that even remotely faithful to the original tabletop games.

IIRC there were still people at FASA Studio from the original days when Battletech games still kicked ass. This could just be a move to consolidate and when they do eventually make another Btech/Shadowrun game, there won't be anyone to complain that its not faithful to the source.

31. Re: Does this mean... Sep 13, 2007, 10:58 VoodooV

FASA did MechAssault? Ok, fuck these people. I could be playing Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries by now, replete with live-acting cutscenes.

Blame Microsoft and their need to make Xbox a hit. Halo was supposed to be PC first as well

Please, Did you expect a company known for deep, well thought out, complex games to survive in the emerging world of consoles where everything is fast pasted and XXXTREME!!!

News Comments > America's Army Backlash
37. No subject Sep 5, 2007, 19:12 VoodooV

keep in mind, we're not at war. Only Congress can declare war. Bush is not a War President as he likes to paint himself as.

so how do you like those 3000 dead now? It's interesting how easily some people are willing to say that there's only 3000 dead..as if that's somehow OK.

News Comments > America's Army Backlash
35. No subject Sep 5, 2007, 18:58 VoodooV

So let me get this straight. When Jack Thompson says that violent games leads to RL violence, its OK to say that Jack is batshit insane loco.

But when it's a GAME created by the US Army, that's somehow crossing the line? Sure, the army uses it as a subtle recruiting tool..why wouldn't they? But to somehow equate the America's Army game to the horrors of war and the quagmire that is Iraq is also batshit insane loco.

It's a fucking game people. Either play it or don't, otherwise STFU and get over yourself.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
20. No subject Aug 31, 2007, 20:15 VoodooV

As much as I'm amped about this game, every screenshot I see just makes me think of KOTOR, Same thing with Jade Empire.

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing mind you. All of those games are among my favorites, especially KOTOR.

Just sometimes it seems like more of the same, variations on a theme, cookie cutter almost. I'm eager to see a ME Demo on live soon. Hope I'm proved wrong.

News Comments > Newell: Vista-Only DX10 "A Mistake"
82. Re: ... Aug 30, 2007, 23:03 VoodooV

XP won't be sold next starting next year? I predict an increase in piracy in that case.

What's next? a hidden DE-activation code if you go to Windows Update and you're still using XP?

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Bioshock Aug 30, 2007, 11:58 VoodooV

normally, yeah, I would agree that disabling AV while gaming is good. But AVG has been so well behaved and inconspicuous for me that I just don't bother.

Though of course, if you're tech savvy enough, one can argue why you would even need AV software period.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo