Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim

Real Name Tim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VoodooV
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 1, 2001, 15:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 9517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Iron Man Patches
5. No subject Jun 4, 2008, 01:00 VoodooV

did anyone honestly think this game was going to be great? Only reason I bought it is because of Iron Man fandom.

am I the only one that cant complete the hero objective in "First Flight?"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anti-Piracy Chip?
71. No subject May 24, 2008, 13:03 VoodooV

I haven't seen anyone here defend piracy.

We're attacking the pointlessness of anti-piracy and how it hurts the legitimate user and how when you load up any piece of software with draconian anti-piracy schemes, suddenly the pirated version becomes the direct competition of the original product.

Companies who buy into these idiotic anti-piracy schemes immediately shoot themselves in the foot the instant the game is cracked, while at the same time blame pirates

64. Re: No subject May 24, 2008, 11:30 VoodooV

don't be a dumbass, its obvious that piracy does have a negative impact on sales.

It's the amount of impact that needs to be proven.

61. No subject May 24, 2008, 11:06 VoodooV

You know would would be really amusing is if somehow we could convince the pirates to stop pirating just for one year. Only to prove that sales wouldn't go up by the drastic amount that the companies claim and that spending all this money on anti-piracy is a waste of time.

Of course the anti-piracy companies would never acknowledge it, because, obviously, they want to stay in business. As I said, anti-piracy is just one big scam.

29. No subject May 24, 2008, 01:54 VoodooV

what a moron.

I'm sure someone honestly thought CD-keys would absolutely end piracy too.

It's such a scam. If these ludicrous schemes actually stopped piracy, they'd be out of business. If they don't have that ever-looming fear of lost profits to scare companies into buying into the latest anti-piracy scam. Where would they get their money to make the next scam once the old scam is broken?

News Comments > Valve on PC Gaming
22. No subject May 23, 2008, 18:12 VoodooV

sigh, PC gaming will never die. As long as there continue to be PCs, someone will make games for it. Console games are merely more popular right now.

The ridiculous thing is that consoles have become more and more PC-like over the years: Hard drives, USB connections, internet-enabled. So is PC gaming really dying, or are consoles dying because consoles are TURNING INTO PCs

Once the issue of control scheme (controller vs. K/M) is resolved, then I think we'll finally have some better convergence. Because that's the sole big thing separating the two platforms right now.

Hell if you really think about it. for the hard core gamer, there really is no problem because I think the true hard core gamer is going to have both a PC and one or two of the major consoles...at least. I think the only reason this ever gets talked about is because of the insecure loudmouth fanboys who buy into this fallacy of platform loyalty. Or it becomes an issue for those that can't afford multiple platform and are forced to have only a PC and not a console. or to a lesser degree, vice versa.

I go where the games go. If it's obvious that a game was built for a console, I won't touch the port. I'm still not a huge fan of playing FPS games with a game controller. But hey, if the game is fun enough, like Gears of War. I'm willing to deal with it. Which control scheme is "the best" doesn't always matter in the grand scheme of things. I don't play competitively though so I couldn't give a shit about reaction times or precision.

Is this game fun? (Y/N) is pretty much all I fucking care about.

News Comments > City of Heroes/Villains Trailer
3. No subject May 17, 2008, 16:32 VoodooV

I really dug this game. Flying through the city was awesome. But as with most/all MMOs, it's the grind that inevitably drives me away.

News Comments > Iron Man Movie
3. No subject Apr 22, 2008, 09:31 VoodooV

demo was pretty boring, but I'm still going to get this just because I'm so amped for the movie.

If the armor customization options in the demo are any indication of the real game. It wasn't nearly as deep and as engrossing as they made it sound in the clip

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. No subject Apr 20, 2008, 09:36 VoodooV

Anyone who wants the competition to die is either a moron fanboy, or is trying to sell you something at inflated prices.

Have we forgotten already how expensive Intel processors were before AMD were able to compete with them?

Looks like Advocate has some personal issues.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 09:37.

News Comments > Penny Arcade Adventures Release Details
21. No subject Mar 28, 2008, 12:00 VoodooV

Even though I think PA can be a bit pretentious. I'm still scooping this game up as soon as it comes out. Gotta love the fruit fucker and their other ancillary characters

Leveling up your character and having it carry over to the next episode, like Mass Effect will do for their trilogy will be fun.

News Comments > Penny Arcade Adventures Release Details
9. Re: ... Mar 27, 2008, 23:19 VoodooV

PA is about 50/50 for me. But yeah, I tend to agree, I think Tycho tries just a wee bit too hard to use words us regular humans would never use. I love the English language too, but I don't love it.

News Comments > More id on PC Gaming
65. No subject Mar 20, 2008, 16:38 VoodooV

opinions and assholes...

News Comments > More id on PC Gaming
12. No subject Mar 20, 2008, 09:51 VoodooV

I think what's starting to happen is that the myth that you need uber graphics to make a good game is starting to die. Yeah, the PC gives you better graphics, but so what?

News Comments > Windows LIVE Boycott
16. No subject Mar 3, 2008, 11:43 VoodooV

Games for Windows has done nothing but drive more people to consoles, which actually could be MS's goal. This boycott is stupid though as it just gives MS more free press.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. No subject Feb 15, 2008, 23:40 VoodooV

I've got this new article that I've written. I hope you all read it. It's called: "8 reasons why articles that reinforce the idea that there is some sort of "war" going on between PC gaming and Console gaming are stupid"

Jesus fuck people, as long as there are PCs there will always be PC gaming. Consoles just control the market right now. End of story.

Be fucking happy that gaming as an industry is growing

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 23:40.

News Comments > Mark Rein - Consoles "Stealing" Hardcore PC Gamers
122. No subject Feb 1, 2008, 17:05 VoodooV

personally, I think if ATI and nVidia hadn't gotten greedy and started charging 400-600 bucks for the high end video cards. People wouldn't have gotten turned off by PC and moved over to consoles.

There used to be a time when 200 bucks could net you the best video card in existence in the TNT/TNT2 days even the Voodoo2 add on cards didn't go higher than that I believe.

But at some point, the cost of video cards skyrocketed. And then they tacked on stupid gimmicks like SLI and Quad SLI. People bought right into it too, believing they had to have it or else they'd be missing out, which was total bullshit.

No wonder people got sick of PC gaming.

I used to be a k/m elitist too, but guess what. If you don't quit your whining and start to at least get used to gamepads, its you that's going to be missing out on the good games in the future, not the people who have chosen to move on and adapt. As long as there are PCs, there will always be PC gaming, but you're deluding yourself if you don't believe that consoles rule the market right now.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: No subject Jan 11, 2008, 17:33 VoodooV

kinda hard IMO to rag on those keyboards since they are ancient and they made do for the time. Especially in an era when computers were not mainstream Find me some modern keyboards that are shitty then we can talk.

News Comments > Steam Sale
49. No subject Dec 31, 2007, 15:16 VoodooV

This forum is such a broken record when it comes to Steam.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. No subject Dec 17, 2007, 23:43 VoodooV

Three way SLI???? And people wonder why joe blow average is turned off by PC gaming these days.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. No subject Dec 14, 2007, 03:06 VoodooV

some of those "1.3" million have got to be the same console being sold again and again and again.

and how many of the 1.3M are poachers just trying to get a profit.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo