Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn Sheppard

Real Name Shawn Sheppard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Haren
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 30, 2001, 03:30
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 9496

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Mac Halo Gold
9. Re: G5 Dec 8, 2003, 22:09 Haren

Lets not forget that the company that MS farmed the game out to, did the best they could before being rushed into releasing the game well before it could be evectively alpha'ed let alone beta'ed. Let us not also forget that MS is the reason that the PC version has yet to see the fabled 1.03 patch which the farmed company sent to testing well over a month ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GameSpyGN
40. Re: Well, one reason maybe... Dec 4, 2003, 17:28 Haren

Actualy it also unlocked the Smartspy feature when it came out. Unfortunelty they now allow everyone to use it :/.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
95. Re: No retro colors checkbox. ARG Oct 25, 2003, 18:56 Haren

lol.. yea brign back the black... the blue is 2 bright

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Source Code Leak
248. Re: Just some thoughts... Oct 3, 2003, 19:54 Haren

Then a few weeks after you bought your 5900 Ultra Valve bad mouthed NV saying that the only real card that will run THEIR engine the best was ATI. All i got to say is even though there are Ex-Microsoft Coders on the staff doesnt mean they have to follow MS's lead on everthing. Only reason NV got Shafted was because of the coders on their team who think MS is god and with MS going to ATI for the next Crapbox, they wanted to follow MS's lead.

I will not buy ATI because their driver suck, CS is worse, and have no OFFICAL LINUX SUPPORT. Yea Like i will dl a hacked driver from a group of ppl who cant get specs for everything on the card. NV might have made a bad call using this card revision cycle to focus on adding features(Most of which are stuff from the 3dfx buy out), but their trying to get it back together with the next driver taking major steps to fix framerates on the 5900, and lets not forget its's fast aproching Q4 2003 so that means another announcement from NV about their next card. ATI didnt focus on graphics enhancements but focused on the one thing they have always lost to NV over which is framerate. It's funny because everything ATI does on their cards is because NV forces them to find a way to do it;
Hardware T&l: NV (geforce) first then 3 card revs later ATI(Radeon)
Pixleshader & Vertex Shader support: NV(Geforce3) first again then 5 card rev's later on ATI(Radeon9500)
Programable graphics core: NV(GeforceFX) first and ATI still hasnt realesed a card with it.

And on the subject of Steam. I dont like it, wont use it, find it to be the bigest waste of time and R-n-D money. Of couse what else should we expect from the company that has tried to force other things down our throat's before. Anyone remember their dial-up service that promiced to be a new experiance because it was going to offer Low ping experiances to ppl on 56k. As memory serves it ended up being a worse experiance in the test markets(higher pings, laggier connections to normaly smooth servers).

Anyway Sign me up as another person who's not spending another dollar on Valve or their Gimicks because of their Aragance.

167. Re: Sysadmins Oct 3, 2003, 00:20 Haren

lol i wasnt attacking the sys admins i wasy just pointing out to the thread i was replying to that linux is as easy (well with the exeption of gentoo's compile times but we make sacrifices for speed) to update the systems. Heck you dont even need to sit at the machine to do these commands you just set it up to be a cron job that happens every night at midnight.

163. Re: Hackers suck. Oct 2, 2003, 23:58 Haren

gentoo linux: emerge -u world
1-2 hours later
Done!

redhat: up2date

mandrake: up2date

not sure any other *nix flavor's because i've never used them.

News Comments > Consolidation
1. umm DUH Jul 18, 2003, 10:49 Haren

The game company anounced at E3 that this is true. Plus SB is so indept that if you were to cut it back to fit on to the 1 xbox controler you couldnt (there is a button for everything in the game).

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo