Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Karl Jotunson

Real Name Karl Jotunson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asatruer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2001, 21:24
Total Comments 21 (Suspect)
User ID 9362

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Movies
17. Re: BF2 Jun 16, 2005, 14:53 Asatruer

I'll agree that HL2 and CS aren't as good mutliplayer experiences than BF2, but I don't think that BF2 is the new messiah.
BF2 strikes me as little different than Joint Operations.
The only things I have found better about BF2 over Joint Ops are the Squad and Command structure, added to the wonderfull built in radio commands. Joint Ops beats BF2 on scale, feel of the weapons and better controll options.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Darwinia Demo
12. Re: 10.8 MB? Jan 21, 2005, 15:00 Asatruer

I think once you have met all the objectives that is it for this tiny demo. The message said hit ESC to go on to the next zone, but that just brought up the standard Option/Exit window.
I really like the gesture based selection for creating units, though the Airstrike upgrade for the Soldiers I have a lot of trouble actualy doing.

News Comments > Close Combat: First to Fight Co-op Announced
4. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2005, 17:20 Asatruer

yeah, the name was making me think of that old MS WWII era series. Kinda too bad that it is not another of those old Close Combat games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
48. Re: Oy! Nettwerk! Jun 11, 2004, 16:39 Asatruer

Also a fan of Leeb's various projects.
Currently I am on a Appoptygma Berzerk, Covenant, Cruxshadows and VNV Nation kick though.

40. Bawls Jun 11, 2004, 14:35 Asatruer

The Bawls quest over here in Seattle is also tough, but there are a few spots I know of which routinely carry Bawls.
Larry's Marker seems to always have it, except that one day, some QFCs have it, and I have yet to find a Safeway that carries it.

I have always considered using the services of ThinkGeek to aquire my supply of Bawls... but maybe that is overkill.
just notice something creepy... they have clear Bawls now.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/drinks/2818/

News Comments > Gold - Ground Control II
2. Re: YES! Jun 9, 2004, 11:15 Asatruer

and to continue yesterdays fun, but with Space Oddity rather than Ziggy Stardust.

Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Commencing countdown, engines on
Check ignition and may God's love be with you
Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Liftoff

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 11:16.

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Patch Status
34. Re: question Apr 30, 2004, 17:24 Asatruer

not only that but Bush's old pals are all involved with the companies that have the rebuilding contracts.

News Comments > Joint Ops Demo Patch
6. Re: They try so hard.. Apr 5, 2004, 10:44 Asatruer

The interface got a fairly big facelift, much better I think. For one, you can actualy get into the options screen while playing the game. I have not realy noticed much in the way of gameplay effecting changes, other than the ability to shoot while at the surface of the water.

21. Re: Hey Blue Mar 31, 2004, 14:38 Asatruer

Just any old pic of Gordon Freeman works for Blue...
You know, that would be a great idea, take a pic of Gordon and switch out the orange for blue and we've got a Blue!
Sure someone has thought of the idea before

News Comments > Updated Pandora Tomorrow MP Demo
5. Re: omg Mar 27, 2004, 03:02 Asatruer

saves you the trouble of
  • re-launching the game

• re-connecting to Ubi, which takes for fucking ever with the "cannot connect"/"your all ready connected" shit

• because it prevents the CTD issue...

besides all that, I think the game is great when I get to play it though, just wish I could get some more Spy action in...

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 03:03.

News Comments > The I of the Dragon Demo
    6. Re: Old? Mar 19, 2004, 14:22 Asatruer

yeah, I remember trying a demo for this a long time ago as well, it was pretty fun, though I found it to be no challange at all. I would not call it an RPG though unless there has been a lot fo changes made, but if you call Diablo an RPG than I guess this might count also.

News Comments > SC: Pandora Tomorrow SP Demo
    4. Re: 2004>Any other gaming year..... Mar 17, 2004, 13:17 Asatruer

too bad Fable is not a PC title...
    I do not want to have to shell out the cash for not just an XBox and a TV as well just so I can play that game.
    Damn you Peter Molyneux for your buisness choices!

News Comments > Chaos League
    6. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2004, 13:17 Asatruer

If you had the ability to read the information about the game as well, and not just look at the screenshots then you would realise that this game is not a "rip off" of the ancient Mutant League Football or Blood Bowl.

Read it, and this is what I got: "Fantasy no-holds-bared American-style Football"

Sounds like Blood Bowl to me, which in my opinion is great. I still have a bit of nostalgia from time to time for the Blood Bowl PC game from ages back. So if someone other than Games Workshop is going to pick up the concept and make a new game out of it, more power to them.

News Comments > kill.switch Demo
    19. Re: Kill Switch Mar 11, 2004, 21:34 Asatruer

heh, everytime I hear/read this games name I always think that band.

News Comments > On Max Payne 3
    21. Re: Developer? Mar 10, 2004, 20:36 Asatruer

I'm curious, is this like, the new way of saying that shit rocked? Or is this a literal allegory of a guy named Manhunt fucking A pony?

Not new, just Cockney slang

News Comments > Temple of Elemental Evil Patch Plans
    7. Re: Much needed Oct 25, 2003, 16:00 Asatruer

Actualy it is fairly easy to finish as it is without the patch. You can even finish the game without having to beat any of the realy hard fights.
    The patch might fix somethings that are broken or accidentaly left out, but the game is playable and for the most part fun without it.
    What the game realy lacks is content. It is a dungeon crawl so is almost entirely combat, with a few silly subquests thrown in with a straight forward main quest. What can you expect from a 20 year old D&D module?
    What I was realy hoping for with ToEE was good content and a lot to do rather than just the main plot, like the Fallout games, but sadly ToEE just does not cut it.

News Comments > Steam Delay
    23. Re: *cough* Sep 11, 2003, 19:12 Asatruer

Re: to #3
    I think the DoS attack is fairly likely.
    I have been watching the website in the past two days and it is eratic in its stability. Sometimes it loads, other times only the text and images and no background, other times with only some images, not to mention the all too common and simple failure of the pages to load.

News Comments > New H-L/C-S/TFC Today
    4. Re: Update or re-install? Sep 10, 2003, 14:04 Asatruer

Just to be on the safe side, it is a beta you are talking about after all, you should uninstall before installing 1.0

News Comments > Chaser Preview
    10. Re: I realize I'm nitpicking.....but... Jun 27, 2003, 01:07 Asatruer

Seeing the G11 in games recently has been bugging me also.
    I mean it is a neat gun and all, but it is a prototype that never got picked up by any nation for production. Oh well.
    http://www.metalstorm.com/ Looks like a promising basis of near-future firearms technology.

21 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo