Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chris

Real Name chris   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname zant
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2001, 00:37
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 9316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: video game formula Nov 8, 2002, 14:43 zant

Eldunce, I totally agree with you about movies and greed. I thought that was a given fact, that's why I didn't think I needed to post that comment. For your last line, if that was true, then why is there so much imagery out there exploiting female breasts? Yes they are just breasts so why do they need to be shown in this game? Why do thousands of frat boys go to Mardi Gras? They're just breasts after all, right?

I don't mind loosening up our hypocritical culture one bit. But loosening up one hypocritical ideal while introducing another, what's the point then? Iím not uptight about nudity or sex, but I donít care for exploitation of women and girls for entertainment of boys.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 14:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: video game formula Nov 8, 2002, 13:13 zant

While I totally agree with what you are saying about violence and breast and the hypocrisy of it, I do have issues with where games are going here with the blatant sexism, etc. Iím not going to force my views on people but one thing I do want to mention is there is a huge difference between a movie and an interactive game. While a movie might be sexist, violent or racist (insert anything here), they are still a vision of a screenwriter, director, and movie studio. The viewer is bearing witness (and lining pockets) watching a movie, not controlling the action and interacting like in games. I think that is a fundamental difference when comparing the two mediums. So hey if you are a publisher and/or developer and want to make violent, sexist, etc games, do so, but DONíT try to justify it by saying the ďmovie peopleĒ get to do it so ďweĒ can too. Be an adult (like you claim these titles are for) and admit that your just doing this for marketing and sales, instead of trying to advert attention by crying that other mediums get to show breast so itís our right too. Of course itís your right and of course this is for ďMĒ audience, but if they are really making games for adults, do they really think TA, gutter jokes and degrading woman is all we as adults find as entertainment? Come on, do you really believe this is being made for ďMĒ people? More like for under 16 boys who actually think all movies and magazines are like Maxim and American Pie and that woman are chicks that are only good for looking pretty and getting naked! I think itís funny this argument from the industry always arises, itís almost like they have a guilty conscience and truly trying to justify to their wives why they go to work and make this crap. Itís because movies get to after all and itís funny slapstick entertainment for adults. RightÖ

News Comments > Hitman 2 Backlash
101. Re: hmmm.... Oct 30, 2002, 16:23 zant

You are making my point for me in this post Snide: ďLiberty and the freedom of any person to pursue their happiness by any means that isn't physical force upon another.Ē It is so easy to express this as a life commandment because you ARE in a position of power. Also when you state ďI don't want to relate race to anyone or to anything.Ē demonstrates yet again your opportunity to be able to state this because your race has no issue for you in society. "Why do you so arogantly assume that the 90% white male posters here are making their analogies based upon the fact that they know they are in power?", white males don't need to know they are in power because they are. If they were not, then they would realize this and have a different view and thought.

BTW Iím not being arrogant just a realist. If you donít even get my previous post, your not ready for or don't want to know the reason for it. If you get my post then you already know the reason and don't need to re-explained.

News Comments > Hitman 2 Backlash
85. hmmm.... Oct 30, 2002, 15:46 zant

I find it funny that people here so easily support their argument about racism in saying something like what Dynotaku said: "The obvious solution to all these cries of racism is simple. Make all characters in all works of fiction, be it a novel, movie, or video game Anglo Males. When was the last time you ever heard a white dude complain that some white guy was the villain in a movie."

It's easy when in a position of power (which white men like myself and guessing 90% of all the posters here) can say you are not offended when your group is targeted. So easy. I'm not going to even explain why because some of you obviously will not understand from posting remarks like the one above. Some just donít get the reason why being in a position of power changes the rules. Sometimes I think this world is really doomed

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo