Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jim
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.theskyscrapers.org
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 16:59
Total Comments 2493 (Senior)
User ID 9255

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Sunday Oct 29, 2006, 20:45 Jim

25 hours of Sunday reminds me of...
Sunday Bloody Sunday (rx/thepartyparty.com Bush mix) - not the newest, but maybe the awesomest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXnO_FxmHes (or http://www.thepartyparty.com)

Cool! I've heard the song before (have it in my playlist, along with the other rx/partyparty tunes) but didn't know there was a video.

Jim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2006, 20:38 Jim

No mention of Undying?? wtf

I wondered the same thing. I only played the demo of undying, but there were a couple of scary moments even in that, especially the mirror.

Jim

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2006, 16:08 Jim

Glad to see Call of Cthulu got a mention. I've been playing that recently and if you're a fan of Lovecraft's stories then your imagination can make that game a lot scarier than it probably is to people who don't have prior knowledge to the Lovecraft mythos.

I never even knew the game was released. I remember a while back all the preview stories of it, but was never aware of its release. It could have been one of those games that didn't have a demo so I didn't bother, but it sounded interesting at the time and I was looking forward to seeing it.

Jim

News Comments > etc.
2. 10 scariest moments in gaming Oct 29, 2006, 16:04 Jim

Aside from #1 I'm not familiar with any of these.

Jim

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Vista system may need more memory Oct 28, 2006, 18:03 Jim

Duh!

"I think they tell you maybe 1 gig of memory is OK," Rollins said Thursday at a speech at Shanghai's Jiaotong University, referring to Microsoft's recommendations. "No. Two gigs of memory would be great."

1GB is barely enough to run WinXP and apps, so its only a given that it will be inadequate for the next gen OS from MS, so I will make my unofficial recommendation that 2 GB will be barely minimum for Vista, which means get 4.

Jim

1. season Oct 27, 2006, 09:57 Jim

Frost today here as well, but we had one about a week and a half back.

Still haven't used the heat, except in the bathroom while in the shower.

Jim

News Comments > Terrorist Takedown: Covert Operations Demo
4. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2006, 08:51 Jim

Maybe the truck has a (newly installed) sunroof and he's sitting on a stack of phonebooks.

Whatever it is, he's just ASKING to get shot.

Jim

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Computer beats fastest text messeng Oct 25, 2006, 12:55 Jim

Ok, so let me get this right. First, cell phones which you can SPEAK in too, to communicate for some dumb ass reasons biggest features has become annoying and completely and utterly stupid text messaging.

Now, some company is excited that they have invited software for a cell phone that turns human speech into text!!!!! Ohh my god, how exciting! How amazing. I can pay all this extra money to turn my voice into text on my fin cell phone!!!!

Or I could just leave a voice mail.

Just a guess, but could text messaging be less harmful to your balls (in reference to the story Infertility is only a phone call away in the Safety links below.

A asteroid needs to hit this planet and we need to start again.

Yeah, where's that alt-control-delete space rock anyway?

Jim

2. Cobain over Elvis Oct 25, 2006, 11:21 Jim

aka Shotgun over Shitter

Jim

13. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2006, 11:44 Jim

i can't agree with you more bats. and it's not just TO. we need to get rid of Bledsoe as well. he's had his day in the sun.

And how about Parcells? How many years do we keep him on until we can produce one of those Super Bowl teams? i'm wondering how much good he's doing with dallas.

Hehe, funny to hear you guys griping about hand-me-down Patriots

Jim

11. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2006, 11:39 Jim

- and he only gets 24 years.

Yup, FREE room, board, and health care for 24 years.

Jim

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: No subject Oct 23, 2006, 21:22 Jim

Middle mouse STILL doesn't open link in new tab on OS X

Seems a little snappier though.

Jim

25. Re: Okay Oct 23, 2006, 16:34 Jim

..and only now I find out her family is friends with the Krafts...

Damn, and you could have gotten season tickets to all the Patriots games.

Jim

11. Re: OotB Oct 23, 2006, 12:26 Jim

You still aren't unpacked?

We moved into our house on June 1 of this year and were 100% unpacked by mid July. Ugh, i can't stand having boxes around with stuff still packed in them.

I think its an unwritten rule of moving, that you always have at least one box of junk stuffed in a closet, basement, or garage, no matter how long its been since you moved. Junk you really don't need, but also don't want to throw out, so it remains packed.

Jim

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: IE 7 Oct 21, 2006, 09:50 Jim

anyone load it yet?

I downloaded at on my home PC to do some testing. Don't want to trash IE6 at work yet because we'll still need it for the time being.

Turns out MS is going to auto install it as part of an update so we're going to have to patch (about 200 copies of) our CMS running on the live server to avoid interruption of service to our customers that may be using IE. No biggie though- I'm more happy that MS is "forcing" users to upgrade to IE7. IE 6 is so old and so much shit just doesn't work with it in terms of standards support. Alpha PNG is going to be a big one.

Jim

20. Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 15:12 Jim

Now the 8-bit Nintendo and the Atari 2600...yeah, I'd go out of my way to get one if given the chance.

I think I still have an 8-bit Nintento in the closet somewhere, and my sister still has the old Atari.

Jim

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 12:02 Jim

HP Takes Top PC Spot from Dell, Analysts Say.

thats like saying Cheney is now more popular than Bush. No matter who wins you lose.

HP used to make extremely craptacular PCs a few years back (I don't know, 5-8 years ago?). Even further back (10+ years maybe) they made some pretty good stuff. Have they resumed making good stuff or does that mean Dell has gone down the shitter? I haven't owned a Dell in 5+ years but they were good back then. My work PC (Dell) is about 3 years old and is decent, so what happened?

I think Apple is poised to make big gains, they just haven't yet. I think when Vista comes out and no one wants to upgrade (requires new hardware for most) and if it ends up being the same-old same-old (security issues), Apple will make a killing.

Jim

7. NLCS Oct 20, 2006, 11:37 Jim

Don't feel too bad Blue. The Red Sox didn't even make the wild card this year, so at least holding out til the 9th inning of game 7 was a good preformance. I'm rather indifferent to any the teams playing this year, so I'll just default to the AL team in the world series. Go Tigers.

Jim

1. Mission to Hubble Could Risk Oct 19, 2006, 21:11 Jim

Um, and this is news? Haven't there been 3 servicing missions already? Yeah they were all risky. I got to meet Story Musgrave in person. He was the first "risk-taker" to service the HST and he sure thought it was worth it.

If we're that concerned about risk then why do we even leave our homes to go to work in the morning? WTF people!

Jim

7. School bans tag, other chase games. Oct 19, 2006, 08:18 Jim

The wussification of a nation continues.

More like the Talibanification of a nation continues. Next thing they'll ban is kite flying and listening to music.

I honestly can't believe this shit is happening- and that town is just a few miles away from here (and not that far from Foxboro for all you Pats fans), so its happening in my own fucking back yard. And what of all the talk of the obesity epedimic among American kids these days? I can understand no tackle football- we even had that rule when I was a kid (many times we played tackle anyway), but no tag? WTF.

Cue it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91MtHvcespM

Funny thing is, everyone at my company home-schools their kids. Here is yet another justification for that.

Jim

2493 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo