Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jim
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.theskyscrapers.org
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 16:59
Total Comments 2493 (Senior)
User ID 9255

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Date Follow-up
8. Re: Let the delays begin.. Jan 19, 2007, 10:15 Jim

I do. I'm bored to tears with corridor shooters and WWII shooters. This actually has some good ideas and interesting environment.

Same here, but I read something a while ago that said the large, open environment originally proposed for this game engine had been removed from the feature set. From what I gather, it will be more like HL-2, which while not really a corridor shooter, was more or less linear.

Maybe I'm wrong (hopefully), but I'm waiting for a DEMO and reviews before picking up this one.

Jim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Date Follow-up
6. 23/03/2007 Jan 19, 2007, 10:01 Jim

The third day of the twenty-third month of 2007.

Jim

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. No subject Jan 15, 2007, 11:17 Jim

Well Blue I would say that it should be a well-deserved day off if you miss a day, but it certainly didn't sound like it was. Hopefully you got to see the playoff games yesterday.

Go Pats!

Jim

10. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2007, 11:23 Jim

This Lady Needs the Self-parking Lexus.

And god, what a stupid driver...

First of all, the parking space was obviously too small (at first I thought it wasn't even as long as her car, but she came "surprisingly" close to fitting it one time).

Second, yeah, I'd rather park a mile away and walk than try to deal with a shitty parking spot. I don't parallel park, if a curb-side spot is not at least 5 times the length of my truck I won't even consider it. When I get to a parking situation I usually find the space that's the easiest to get into and out of, rather than the closest.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 11:24.

Jim

News Comments > WoW Larger Than 145 Countries
24. WoW Larger Than 145 Countries Jan 11, 2007, 16:20 Jim

So does mean that WoW will now have a seat in the UN General Assembly?

Jim

News Comments > Into the Black
10. snow Jan 11, 2007, 08:53 Jim

We had a dusting of snow around here, maybe a month ago, so we certainly haven't broken any records for latest first snow, but the lack of snow this winter doesn't bother me in the least. I wouldn't want to be a ski resort owner though- as the warm weather hasn't helped them much this season.

Jim

24. Re: Quick Quiz Jan 10, 2007, 15:23 Jim

Honestly, the reponses have done more to bring down the tone of the forums lately than the originating trolls, not to mention motivating a perpetuation of the situation.

AKA "staying the course!"

Edit: Yeah, we need to find a "new way forward."
This comment was edited on Jan 10, 15:25.

Jim

25. Re: Helicopter hits French restaurant. Jan 8, 2007, 19:26 Jim

This from the guy that uses a bullet size in his user name. 7.62mm World Order? Sounds to me either delusions of grandeur or hypocrite.

I noticed that also. That's the size ammo used in the AK-47.

Jim

23. Re: Helicopter hits French restaurant. Jan 8, 2007, 17:39 Jim

"Waiter, there's a flying machine in my soup" isn't just a crappy joke, it's a pretty cold thing to say about such a tragedy.

Easy Nancy.

Actually - the joke was hilarous.

I found it to be quite funny as well. I didn't read the article so I didn't know the consequences until it was pointed out here, so in light of that:

Serveur, il y a une tête humaine divisée en mon potage.

Jim

News Comments > SÖLDNER Patch, Server
6. Re: No subject Jan 8, 2007, 17:36 Jim

"Disconnected" in bold red letters.

It can't be topped.

Funny how the word "disconnected" is the only thing I remember about this game when I tried the demo way back when. That and the funny way it said "Zoldner!" when you first start the game.

I think I recall a friend having better luck (ie, being able to connect to a server at least once) but it ran like crap on a fairly new machine for its day.

Jim

18. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2007, 15:56 Jim

PETA: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Everyone knows that PETA means People Eating Tasty Animals. I'm a member myself

Jim

10. Re: So ... you call this winter? Jan 4, 2007, 12:12 Jim

Typical "east-coast bias" crap article. There's been so much snow in the West that most are getting sick of it.

All week I've been seeing stories on the TV news here (RI) about how several hundred thousand head of cattle are in danger of being lost due to the snow last week in Colorado. Only the local weatherman keeps making the issue of how "non-winter" it has been around here.

Jim

7. Light-gun game from 1936. Jan 4, 2007, 07:54 Jim

There were a few similar games like that at the old Spring Lake penny arcade. I think they're still there.

www.springlakearcade.com

Jim

29. What American accent do you have? Dec 26, 2006, 16:51 Jim

The test figured out correctly that I am from the Northeast, but surprisingly it didn't ask if "cot" and "cart" sound the same (and around here they do).

Jim

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. No subject Dec 15, 2006, 15:27 Jim

Nintendo will allow customers to exchange the old straps, which have a 0.024 inch diameter, for a beefed up strap that has a diameter of 0.04 inch

The new strap will be almost twice as thick.

0.04 inch still seems more like a strand than a strap to me. Why not just use the same kind of braided nylon strap like you find on cameras, etc?

Jim

10. Re: Had a good day... Dec 15, 2006, 09:08 Jim

http://house-update.blogspot.com/

Last update: Thursday, December 14, 2006

Nice progress on the house there. Just curious, how many sq ft is that? Any thoughts on a backyard observatory? (with a lot that wide open I can't help but think of it being a great place for one).

Jim

News Comments > CSI: Hard Evidence Announced
2. Rated M Dec 12, 2006, 14:51 Jim

Animated blood & gore

Jim

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. RIM sues Samsung over BlackJack name Dec 12, 2006, 14:06 Jim

Ok so how do you confuse Blackberry with BlackJack. Are they claiming ownership to the color black?

Maybe they can sue cosomologists for using the term black hole.

Jim

8. Re: No subject Dec 12, 2006, 08:46 Jim

Fortunately we still had the receipt. But they charge $5 to re-issue the card. And that's on top of the $3 they charged to issue the card in the first place.

I understand the replacement charge, but paying fees to buy a gift card? I never pay more than face value for them. WTF? Just give cash.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 08:47.

Jim

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Adobe Releases Reader Version 8. Dec 6, 2006, 08:52 Jim

Adobe on Tuesday released version 8 of its free Reader product for PDF files, which most notably adds collaboration features through a new "Start Meeting" button. Adobe has also redesigned Reader's interface and added a loupe for zooming in on specific areas of a document.

How about making the reader display documents faster, not throwing a "preparing document for reading" dialog in my face for 20 seconds, and not choke up when you scroll pages with graphics?

Every successive version of Adobe reader has sucked worse than the last. The irony is that Apple Preview and a 3rd party Windows reader called Foxit are far superior to Adobe's own reader.

Jim

2493 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo