Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jim
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.theskyscrapers.org
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 16:59
Total Comments 2493 (Senior)
User ID 9255

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Conservapedia Mar 5, 2007, 18:30 Jim

Yeah all you need to do is plug "dinosaur" into the search box.

Check out the sources too.

Use this on your science project paper and get an F.

Jim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. eclipse Mar 5, 2007, 11:38 Jim

Whenever you invite this many people to an eclipse party:

http://www.theskyscrapers.org/content3915.html

You can guarantee its going to be cloudy

Looked nice at sunset, but the moon wasn't spotted until well after totality ended.

Jim

News Comments > G.O.L.D. - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
19. Re: Wow Mar 2, 2007, 12:10 Jim

About time. How many of the originally touted features were left off?

Well, I guess we can start that list by saying The Moon

Really, the biggest things I'm interested in seeing here (besides good gameplay) are 1) Wide-open, non-linear environments (HL2 was still too linear to me), and 2) blow-uppable environments (or environment at least as interactive a HL2's).

Jim

News Comments > G.O.L.D. - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
8. No subject Mar 2, 2007, 11:18 Jim

I. D.O.N.'.T. B.E.L.I.E.V.E. I.T.

I'll wait for the reviews, as apparently they don't seem to be interested in releasing a DEMO.

Jim

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: bitters? Mar 2, 2007, 08:46 Jim

Tons of uses - more of an old school thing - hardly used anymore.

I will sometimes order a sprite with bitters - if mixed correctly, tastes a lot like cream soda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitters

I'd never heard of the stuff before. Maybe a regional thing, as I wouldn't expect most people to know what quohogs, cabinets, and grindahs are.

Jim

18. Re: house update Mar 2, 2007, 08:43 Jim

http://house-update.blogspot.com/

Last update: Thursday, March 01, 2007

The house is shaping up nicely Warhawk. However I do have one question- why are the gable ends under the eaves still not sheathed? I'm from New England and around here we typically sheath the entire structure before putting up the siding or even the tyvek wrap.

Also if you want to keep a long-term record of the construction, I'm not sure tinyurl is a good idea as I think they expire after a certain amount of time. Just a thought.

Thanks for the updates.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 08:47.

Jim

16. bitters? Mar 2, 2007, 08:16 Jim

???

Jim

9. Re: BF2142 Mar 1, 2007, 14:33 Jim

/walks over to toilet and deposits 29.99 in caash - flushes.

Well at least you'd be able to get $0.99 back, as my guess would be that the $29 in paper bills would sail clear down to the septic system but the 0.99 in coinage would settle in the bottom of the trap.

Jim

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: RIAA Mar 1, 2007, 12:08 Jim

Recipients of the letters can settle the cases online at a Web site set up by the RIAA (www.EXTORTION.com).

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 12:12.

Jim

3. Re: No subject Feb 27, 2007, 22:42 Jim

Blue, you should at least add *crickets chirping* if he doesn't write anything in ItB

There was an extra blank line tonight so I selected it to make sure I wasn't missing any "secret text."

Jim

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. movie theaters as video game rooms Feb 27, 2007, 10:01 Jim

I've always wanted to flight sim in an IMAX theater.

Jim

7. Re: Tattoo Gone Wrong Feb 26, 2007, 12:28 Jim

I don't buy it. While there is "red" around the tattoo, it looks (to me) that he drew the tattoo in with marker and then photo-shopped in the red (or irritated the skin pre-draw).

If that was real, I'd probably want to kick the ass of the guy who did it as he has no business behind a needle.

I'm not sure what the issue is. There's some stuff illegible (photo not hi res enough to tell), and I'm not very familiar with the game to say anything is wrong with it. Besides the fact that it looks like hell- is that the issue?

Jim

12. Man.. forsakes sex for longevity paper Feb 26, 2007, 08:50 Jim

Where can I get me some of this longevity paper? And once I have it, how do I use it? Is it for wiping?

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 08:51.

Jim

News Comments > Evening Q&As
6. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2007, 19:17 Jim

when is that stalker gold report coming.. wtf dudes

When the total number of previews and Q&A's reaches 2 million. We're currently at 1.5 million.

So, some time next week?

Nah, considering the previews and Q&A's started sometime back in '02ish (don't forget all the screenshot postings also), I give it to roughly 2009.

Jim

News Comments > Evening Q&As
4. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2007, 11:50 Jim

when is that stalker gold report coming.. wtf dudes

When the total number of previews and Q&A's reaches 2 million. We're currently at 1.5 million.

Jim

News Comments > Neocron Evolution 2.2 Details
6. ha Feb 22, 2007, 21:25 Jim

When I first read the title I thought it said "Neocon Evolution" Now that would be a contradiction.

Jim

8. Re: No subject Feb 18, 2007, 15:18 Jim

Hey Warhawk, I know some of the others have already expressed this sentiment, but I wanted to thank you for posting the progress of your house. To me it's really interesting. I wish you were able to do a time lapse photo (1 per day) and then make one of those stop-action movies out of it ....

Seconded. I go there and check out each update. Its starting to look pretty good. It makes me look forward to the day I have my own house built.

Jim

1. Suppressed Report Shows Cancer Link... Feb 18, 2007, 12:18 Jim

...to GM Potatoes.

Yet another reason why Toyota will soon be the world's largest potato-maker.

Jim

1. Paraglider Feb 16, 2007, 17:06 Jim

Shouldn't that be "Paraglider survives 32,000 foot climb"?

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 17:06.

Jim

10. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2007, 14:46 Jim

Agreed. I've been left sitting on a plane for relatively short delays (less than an hour), but any more than that REALLY sucks.

I'd be willing to sign an injury waiver to deboard the plane in the middle of a blizzard, etc., to sit in the airport instead (if that's what it took)....

The thing I don't understand is that they don't get food or water. Even if its just the shitty snack packs, and I'm sure there's plenty of beverage. They also said they can't use the shitters? WTF? Is there some FAA regs that say you can't serve food and beverages or allow passenters to use the can unless the plane is in the air?

I think the people in the exit rows should say "taxi us back to the terminal in the next 20 minuts or I'm walking back. If the demand is not followed though, pop the hatches!

Jim

2493 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo