Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jim
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.theskyscrapers.org
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 16:59
Total Comments 2493 (Senior)
User ID 9255

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: No subject Mar 20, 2007, 12:54 Jim

Gotta love city life - 2100 hours Saturday.

Shots fired in our alley and 2 males running southbound.
Cops just drive through about 10-15 minutes later after the neighbor called it in, didn't stop and get out, nothing.

Not the first time shots fired in that area

Sunday, I am walking the dogs - oh, look at that, 2 shell casings in the alley. huh, and oh, look at that, that house with the squatters in it has 2 holes in the back. Great.

Going to be an interesting summer here in Minneapolis.

Really Bats, I didn't know you lived in the city. I figured by the talk of last season's squirrel hunt that you had a big back yard out in the 'burbs.

Jim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Hilarious Moment in Baseball - Time Out Mar 20, 2007, 08:01 Jim

Well since you can't walk your own catcher, It could either be ruled a strike or a passed ball.

edit: after review, the ump did call time before the pitcher wound up.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 08:02.

Jim

2. Re: Amish Girls Mar 17, 2007, 11:28 Jim

Wow yesterday was a pretty slow day here, everyone must be on vacation

Jim

8. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2007, 14:35 Jim

wicked slow day...

Jim

5. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2007, 11:30 Jim

Cowell 'bigger than Springsteen'. *Vomit*

He's bigger all right...a bigger ASS.

Much bigger.

Well let's see. I've known who Bruce Springsteen was, 25 years ago, give or take.

I never even heard of Simon Cowell until about 25 seconds ago, give or take.

Hmm, who is bigger again?

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 11:30.

Jim

4. 215 mph crash Mar 16, 2007, 11:27 Jim

I wouldn't call that a "crash", but I would call it "flying car"

Funny how the parachute came out when it has almost come to a complete stop.

Jim

25. Re: DirecTV Mar 15, 2007, 20:01 Jim

Boston singer death ruled suicide.
Holy shit...man, that sucks...

Yeah, it's sad. Even with all the depressing things going on in the world there are still ten times as many reasons to stay living in it. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

I will always remember Boston (and More Than A Feeling) from my teenage years. First time I heard them (and the album) was attending my first keg-party (which also happen to be a toga party). I think I was fourteen or fifteen at the time so it had to have been the later '70s.

Boston was one of the first rock bands I recall liking. As long as I can remember, More Than a Feeling was an anthem at the old Spring Lake Penny Arcade. The song was played on the jukebox at least once a day all summer, all the way into the 1990's, when you could hear all the pops and scratches on the 45. I have Boston's first 3 albums (CD) and More Than a Feeling gets a frequent spin on my iTunes playlist.

Quite shocked to hear that Delp's passing was suicide.

Jim

10. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2007, 11:24 Jim

heh - saw on Headline News last night (as I felt life being sucked from my soul) that Iranians are mad at the 300 movie.

I am sooo tired of this BS.
What are they going to do!? BOYCOTT the movie! whoopidie f***ing doooo!!!!

Interestingly enough, western films and music are forbidden over there, but for some reason they were quick to get a copy to critique. The bootleg industry must be alive and well there.

Jim

8. No subject Mar 15, 2007, 10:49 Jim

Blue you're house is cursed. First your phone keeps dialing 911, now your Tivo keeps committing hari kari. WTF man!

And did you have water woes a while back too?

Jim

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Optimus Mar 15, 2007, 07:58 Jim

So its a couple of guys on a ladder haning up a banner representing what the keyboard looks like. How about an ACTUAL, WORKING KEYBOARD?

Jim

10. sub disappears Mar 15, 2007, 06:42 Jim

The fact that it "couldn't be found" for several hours makes me feel good about our sub fleet. They're supposed to be hard to find aren't they?

Jim

6. TAKE DRUGS Mar 14, 2007, 13:07 Jim

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/03/14/sleep.drug.warning.ap/index.html

Possible side effects include dying in a fatal car crash. ASK YOUR DOCTOR if dying in a fatal car crash is right for you.

Its a sign of the times when they start calling the drugs "blockbusters," as if they're as common in the medicine cabinet as aspirin or tylenol.

Have trouble sleeping? Have a glass of wine. Persistent problem? Then there's probably a bigger issue causing it.

I like to say when I see these drug ads: possible side effects include destruction of the US economy due to the spiraling costs of healthcare caused by drug companies telling us that we should be doped up for every little thing there is instead of finding the root causes of the problem.

edit: Wasn't it Nancy Reagan who told us to Just Say No to drug pushers?

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 13:10.

Jim

2. deep vein it'll-kill-ya-osis Mar 14, 2007, 10:27 Jim

whew- I was beginning to think DVT was a farse. What has been called "economy class syndrome" because it often occurs in people who take long plane rides, recently made news when Dick Cheney got it during one of his overseas trips.

We were talking about it one night when we got together after the obsrevatory closed and I was saying why is it that you only hear about it in people who fly, and NOT in couch potatoes or people who work in offices? And since it seemed to be only plane related and not activity related I doubted its legitimacy. Now its all good, the drug cartels can start pushing the ads for it on TV without having to invent the disease first.

Jim

8. Re: Virtual Blue Angels Mar 14, 2007, 06:51 Jim

Simply Amazing. Done in Lock On: Modern Air Combat

Youtube version:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VivFXJPeNSs

Downloadable WMV 350megs:
http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/Kato_VBA3/755/

That was awesome! Thanks for the link.

Jim

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Windows Vista's Hideous Wakeup Support Mar 12, 2007, 07:16 Jim

I can't recall the sleep/hibernate/suspend/standby (or whatever combination thereof) feature ever working properly on any PC or installation of Windows I've ever dealt with.

Therefore I do not find it surprising that Vista still doesn't get it right.

I usually disable all these features and manually set options to power off the monitor and hard drives when idle.

If you want to save power, shut the bloody thing off.

edit: or better yet, since everything nowadays STILL devours power when "off", yank the plug.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 07:17.

Jim

2. Daylight Losings Time Mar 9, 2007, 20:31 Jim

I'm all in favor of switching OUT of what I call "daylight losings time" early. In fact, I'd like to set it ahead an hour and just leave it that way all year. I just find it ironic that we call it "daylight savings" when we switch out of it at the time of the year we need it most.

I've had to go into work a bit later during the sunny mornings this week because the sunrise was starting to interfere with my usual commute time, so I'm looking forward to getting back on schedule. Only now my afternoon commute is gonna suck unless I leave earlier or later than usual.

The observatory hours are going to be an hour later too so I'll be getting home at midnight on Tuesday nights- not that that's a bad thing.

What they are missing are the millions of alarm clocks and watches, with built-in DST handling.

Alarm clocks have build in DST switches? I have GOT to get me one of those! The one I have now (had it about 15 years) I have to hold down one button while hitting an "hour +" button. It really sucks in the fall because I have to hold it and "click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click [oh shit I went past it] click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click" ... it doesn't have a "back" button.

I was looking for one of those old wind-up alarm clocks with the bells on top a couple years ago, because I got sick of resetting the clock whenever the power flickers and the DST hassle, but I couldn't find anything that wasn't AC?DC powered. Maybe I ought to try an antiques shop.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 20:38.

Jim

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. joystick Mar 9, 2007, 07:47 Jim

I don't see that happening- at least no time soon.

Imagine if it took hold in flight simulators, where you think to control the plane. Now they decide, hey it works for games let's put it in real planes.

Then you get people who flight sim like me, then they become pilots and quickly get their pilot certification revoked.

I didn't REALLY MEAN to fly under that bridge, honest. Its just that I did it so much in the simulator that I can't help but THINK OF IT every time I see a bridge.

Jim

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. 3M sues Sony, Lenovo, others over batte Mar 8, 2007, 12:16 Jim

I didn't know you could claim a patent on spontaneous combustion.

Jim

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Optimus keyboard Mar 6, 2007, 12:13 Jim

$1200? HFS! I thought they were aiming for a $250 price tag. Guess that went out the window long ago.

2 x 2cm keys? That's pretty big for a key, isn't it? Does the $1200 include instruction to re-learn how to type with this keyboard?

Jim

5. Re: Blues News on YouTube Mar 6, 2007, 07:46 Jim

Heh. Is Alison Bender going to start reporting gaming news? Sweet!

Aw, t'ain't the real Blue's News, just a cheap knock-off.

Jim

2493 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo