Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jim
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.theskyscrapers.org
Signed On Mar 7, 2001, 16:59
Total Comments 2493 (Senior)
User ID 9255

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Games Not an Addiction, Yet
35. I'm surprised Jun 25, 2007, 19:05 Jim

that they didn't conclude that video games are an addiction and the solution is to TAKE DRUGS. Perhaps the pharmaceutical industry doesn't have the product ready for market yet.

Jim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Mobile phones may soon be used on plane Jun 24, 2007, 12:31 Jim

Why is it that we (as a society) can't bear to spend 2 hours without being able to talk on the damn phone?

Jim

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Pluto status suffers another blow. Jun 15, 2007, 08:41 Jim

Um, it has to do with astronomy, a branch of science. It's the BBC, they're not going to give you full technical details and mathematics of the subject.

What I mean to say is that by tht title of the article, and some of the wording in it, especially the first few paragraphs, is more of a sensationalized "oh my god Pluto suffered anoter blow" than just stating the facts (and the facts stated are not really new). No I don't expect it to read as a science journal, but they can stop with all this "aw, poor Pluto" crap. NOTHING has changed. Pluto is the same now as it was 80 years ago. It still orbits the sun, its still rather facinating to see in a telescope (not that it appears as much more than a starlike object, but knowing what you're looking at is fascinating.) You can still easily find Pluto data in Sky & Telescope, Heavens Above, and many other places that give information on observing the planets.

If anything, I find the fact that there are bigger and farther objects in our solar system FAR more exciting than the "demotion" of Pluto. If only I had a telescope big enough to observe them

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 08:43.

Jim

1. Pluto status suffers another blow. Jun 14, 2007, 21:45 Jim

That story is not exactly "news" (its been known for about 2 years) and the presentation of the article hardly qualifies as being science.

Jim

News Comments > id Tech Demo Movie
26. Re: No subject Jun 13, 2007, 08:00 Jim

I don't see anything great about this engine at all. The artists can change the textures on the fly...so???

I thought they also claimed that about the Doom 3 engine. I want to see destructable environments?

The thing I want to see most is NON-LINEAR gameplay. The fact that the tech demo showed an expansive outdoor course was to me a bit promising, since it seems to abandon id's previous practice of making small, cramped, and way-too-linear game levels.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 08:05.

Jim

News Comments > New id Tech Shown
11. :( Jun 11, 2007, 18:27 Jim

Leopard looks pretty cool. This means I'm gonna have to buy a new Mac later this year. I've been on a 3 year moratorium on spending money on computer hardware, and my bank account shows it.

Jim

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Sop[gun]anos Jun 11, 2007, 12:38 Jim

I've never seen a single episode, but the TV and radio (all 10 minutes of it I saw/heard this morning) wasn't too shy about revealing the spoilers. Quite surprised there wasn't a killing off of any of the characters at the end. I guess everyone was talking about how they left it open for a follow-up movie. And, oh yeah, they played Journey at the end (they seemed to make a big deal out of that for some reason too).

Jim

5. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2007, 10:29 Jim

Found this 'how much is your blog worth' and put www.bluesnews.com into it. $154,119.42 apparently!

http://tinyurl.com/36juox

Holy crap it went up 8 grand overnight. Buy buy buy!

Jim

37. Re: Hiking Jun 7, 2007, 20:41 Jim

Oddly enough the hiking season winds down for the summer here in AZ.

Its kind of a shame as you read about all the cool summer stuff that everyone else gets up to, Bar BQ, hiking etc and we have to wait for it to cool down before we get to have a go at it again.

That's why we plan our Southwest trips for early may. We went mid-may this time and it was great. Spent a week between Tucson and Sedona. Saw Kitt Peak, Tombstone, Pima air museum, Bisbee Queen mine, Kartchner cavern, Senora desert, lots of cool stuff. Not a lot of hiking, since many who went on the trip are twice my age. I would love to spend a month out there.

And yeah, I spend a couple of days in Death Valley in the middle of July back in '04. Now THAT's certainly not hiking season!

Jim

9. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2007, 11:58 Jim

As for Paris's medical condition, there is a name for that, starts with a c and is 4 letters long.

No I think it starts with b and is 5 letters long- and no, not the obvious one. Bribe.

I'm with Enahs on this one.

Although I'm not sure if that means she would get more or less press coverage. I'm in favor of trash like this not getting ANY press, but unfortunately this is all we'll hear about the rest of the week. G8 Summit? What's that?

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 12:10.

Jim

20. Re: Game suggestions Jun 6, 2007, 14:08 Jim

If I had a brand new rig I think the first thing I'd do is set up Flight Simulator X.

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of law that states that no matter what computer you have, even God's own, you'll never run the latest MS flight sim above 30 FPS or so...

At least thats's how it's been for the last few versions...

That's very true. In order to run FS at the best settings, you actually need to get the previous version running on the newest hardware.

Jim

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Anniversary
5. Anniversary? Jun 6, 2007, 14:03 Jim

I think they missed the deadline. If it was an anniversary edition, shouldn't it have been released in 2006?

How about Tomb Raider: Cash Cow

Jim

18. Re: Game suggestions Jun 5, 2007, 22:19 Jim

If I had a brand new rig I think the first thing I'd do is set up Flight Simulator X.

And I've been curious to try STALKER

Jim

News Comments > F.E.A.R. S.E.Q.U.E.L. P.L.A.N.S.
18. Re: S.C.A.T. Jun 5, 2007, 13:03 Jim

How about
S.C.A.T
for 'Super Contrived Acronym Team'

That's a good one, although I prefer

A.G.N.A.N.C.A. (acronym game names are not cool anymore).

I wonder when are they gonna call a game simply what you're supposed to do in the game? Blow Shit Up.

Jim

22. Baseball manager tantrum Jun 4, 2007, 18:50 Jim

lol This guy gives Lou Pinella a run for his money!

That should have been a week worth of ejections (aka suspension) right there.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 18:51.

Jim

News Comments > Halo 2 Delay - Blame the Boobies
7. ? May 25, 2007, 10:37 Jim

Isn't Halo an M-rated game for the violence anyway? What gives?

Jim

7. Rough Hurricane Season Ahead May 23, 2007, 07:59 Jim

Ugh.. Give us a 100 hour forecast we can rely on 90% of the time and maybe, just maybe, we'll think about trusing these 6 month crystal ball forcasts.

Jim

News Comments > Evening Screenshots - New Duke Nukem Forever Shot
10. you call that a screen shot? May 23, 2007, 07:56 Jim

Its a thumbnail image of a monster, whatever...

Nothing to see here, move along.

Jim

10. back from vacation May 20, 2007, 21:38 Jim

Had a great time in Tucson, Tombstone, and Sedona--wish I could spend a year out there to see everything.

So what did I miss?

Jim

11. Re: No subject May 10, 2007, 16:11 Jim

*sigh*

What a crock of crap.
http://tinyurl.com/yvglh6

YouTube bows to a Monarch.

From the story:

The YouTube ban came a week after a Thai court jailed a Swiss man for 10 years for insulting the monarch by vandalising his portraits.

An American company abandons core American values to appease a country that jails someone for what we here call freedom of expression? WTF!

Jim

2493 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo